Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/05 - 12/11

KawadaSmile

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another WWE PPV tonight. 30-minute ironman women's match.

Wait, what ? Tonight ? Charlotte vs Sasha ?

Yeah. Last PPV was two weeks ago. I didn't know it was tonight either. I went to WWE.com today because I don't have the Network bookmarked, so I had to go there to click the Network logo and it was the first thing on the page.

So yeah. Fuck Xmas. And fuck you Mick Foley, you Xmas-tree masturbating Santa Claus look-alike creepo. There.

See, that wasn't so hard, was it? And now don't you feel better? :P

All this Christmas talk is for naught as Foley is missing time because he is undergoing hip replacement surgery according to Meltz.

That's too bad. I can't say that I'm terribly surprised, but it's still a shame. I remember one of the first times I ever saw Foley, he did that deal where he used to run along the ring apron and then leap into the air and drop an elbow on his opponent who was laying prone on the outside, usually on bare concrete. I remember at the time (and this was 20 + years ago) thinking that must be absolute hell on his hip joints, and wondering how he wasn't going to end up needing surgery if he did that move with any frequency. We all know he did end doing that move quite a lot - I believe in his first book he claims that exact move helped him get his first job in WCW. And now look what it has done to him. This is a guy (annoying/creepy personality traits aside) that has literally crippled himself to entertain the fans. I appreciate what he put himself through to try and entertain me, especially since I know he would bust those moves out for a tiny ECW crowd just as quick as he did on WCW TV.

I hope he is going to be okay. The only solace I can take now is from knowledge I gained during one of my previous careers as a Social Worker, of all things. I worked for a while with Seniors, trying to educate them on the seriousness of hip injuries. There was a time that if you had a hip replacement, the odds were 1 in 4 you wouldn't even survive the surgery. If you did, your mobility would be very limited and you would be in a lot of pain.

Thankfully, medical science has made a ton of gains over the past 20 years. For people who come from an athletic background, they actually have replacement hip joints which are just as flexible and even tougher than the real thing. I know they were looking at a model where NFL players could have a hip replacement, and still play, believe it or not.

So as sad as it is that it has come to this for Foley, at least this procedure is not the crippling or dangerous process it was a few years ago. Of course, it's really expensive. For Mick, that might be a fate worse than death.