Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-02-22-Stardom] Act Yasukawa vs Yoshiko

GOTNW

Not sure why it took me so long to watch this but it was every bit as horrifiyingly amazing as I expected. Classifying it as anything other than pro wrestling would be unjust. There's a pro wrestling angle before the match. There are irish whips during the match. As a viewing experience, I loved it. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable rating it due to all the whining that could ensue about rewarding unprofessional behavior, but I am not one to really talk about morality in pro wrestling. The match starts with a creepy minute long staredown. They get into each other's face, after which Act punches Yoshiko in the face. Then the fighting starts-they both throw hands but Yoshiko easily overpowers Act and takes her down. At points it seems Yoshiko doesn't even care to fight, as she stops Act and stares at her as if to stay "I've proved my point. we can go back to working now, I don't even care". Every chance she gets Act jumps on her only to get beaten up more, which makes the irish whips look that much weirder. Act's stablemate (I assume) goes after Yoshiko post-match, yelling "you're not a real champion, this is pro wrestling , wrestle" and so on. The visuals of Act's broken nose and swollen eye were as chilling as it gets, if you have the stomach for something like this it's quite the experience.

• 4 weeks later...

This was fucking criminal and disgusting. I don't understand how Yoshiko and the ref didn't face criminal charges for this, but it was a fucking travesty. Not sure I've ever seen anything worse than this in wrestling. If you really do enjoy this, best of luck to your shrink and family.

I enjoyed it like I would a horror movie, but I'm glad you're here to give me the moral pat on the head. I hope you enjoy your moral superiority while watching Misawa get dropped on his head over and over and over again as well as yakuza tied indy wrestlers bust themselves open on headbutts and wrestlers work through concussions. Not like that could lead to anything bad.

• GSR changed the title to [2015-02-22-Stardom] Act Yasukawa vs Yoshiko