Pro Wrestling Only

[2006-04-28-WWE-Smackdown] Bobby Lashley vs Mark Henry

Jordan

Man I watched this a few years ago but wanted to see it again before I gave it a thread and I still can't believe how much Henry made me care about a Lashley comeback. I watched Goldberg/Henry from 2003 before this and although you could see glimpses of what Henry would become he's on another level here. The trash talk and the mileage he gets out of simple shoves early on is unreal. Plus keeping score as he beat down Lashley ("Three for me! Zero for you!") is something I can't believe hasn't been used more often. This makes every Lashley hope spot feel important and when he explodes out of the corner for that clothesline I lost it. This leads to yet another Henry cutoff centered around rib kicks and jaw jacking before Lashley finally is able to get in a sustained period of offense which the crowd eats up. Finish is fine to me considering the positioning of the two at the time and how hard it was for Lashley to actually create offense and you get a post-match Henry beatdown anyway.

• GSR changed the title to [2006-04-28-WWE-Smackdown] Bobby Lashley vs Mark Henry