lucha underground

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that Bestia is...not good.

#82 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

I think I've only seen him wrestle once so I'm not sure. He seemed ok but it was a random tag match, so who knows. He would fit in terms of look and gimmick but yeah, I'm not sure he'd be a better choice than Kross, who I'm also not super familiar with.

#83 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

In all fairness, I haven't seen much of Kross either. I just know he's done a ton of dark matches for them similar to how Cobb did before he became Matanza.

#84 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9731 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Well, this last show was certainly something, although in the end, I never clicked with Puma as the lead babyface, while Mundo won me over somewhat as a heel.

Those last vignettes were exactly why LU is what pro-wrestling should be today. It will be pretty sad if it goes away. But if iit does, well, it's been one hell of a fun ride...

#85 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Well, this last show was certainly something, although in the end, I never clicked with Puma as the lead babyface, while Mundo won me over somewhat as a heel.

Those last vignettes were exactly why LU is what pro-wrestling should be today. It will be pretty sad if it goes away. But if iit does, well, it's been one hell of a fun ride...

Same here. Was a great alternative during a time when I only watched WWE and when WWE was the absolute pits. Took a lot of risks and made a lot of bold decisions to create one of the most compelling products I'd ever seen.

#86 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Check out LU's Twitter! Season 4 is coming!

#87 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9731 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Fuck yeah. Teaser on FB too ! 

#88 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

http://www.sescoops....unhappy-talent/

Looks like LU is gonna let some people go if they want out. I've heard that Cobb isn't too happy, so perhaps Matanza gets killed off.

#89 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Wonder what Cobb's beef is? I like him but I don't see him taking WWE by storm or anything. Simply being strong tops you out at the Cesaro level (at best), and while he's obviously put together he doesn't really have the look WWE seems to favor for their muscle men. He can work New Japan, PWG, EVOLVE, AAW, and whatever still without leaving LU too. More power to him if he wants to get off TV I guess, I just don't see what the advantage is.

#90 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

From what I understand WWE passed on him a while back. I think in Cobb's case he feels handcuffed by when he can or can't take indy dates. Sort of like how talent were supposedly told to keep the beginning of 2017 clear because they were supposed to start filming but then it didn't happen.

#91 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

Supposedly per the Observer, season 4 is only around 20 episodes or so.

#92 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

So similar to season 2? I don't mind that, as it might make things more flexible for talents who are working other places, and hopefully will make future seasons more likely because it's less of a massive commitment. This is my optimistic face. :D

#93 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

I agree that a shorter season might be to their advantage. One of the things I liked about season two was how quickly the plot moved for several feuds. One of the problems season three had was dropping feuds and then picking them up almost months later, although that was probably due to the Cueto Cup.

#94 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

Penta and Fenix are out of the wXw 16 Carat Tournament this year because tapings will be taking place then. However, Cobb has not been removed. Looks like he might be leaving.

#95 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

Nominated Grave Consequences 1 for the Greatest Match ever project. http://gweproject.fr...nderground-2015

#96 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

New temple. http://uproxx.com/pr...e-pics-tickets/

#97 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Interested to have a new environment. They did so much in the original Temple, I hope they have the option to go back to it from time to time, but I like the idea of branching out a bit.

#98 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Also makes sense given the "new management".

#99 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9731 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

Yep, look interesting. Again, Pro-wrestling badly needs different presentations, and LU changing the look a bit after only 3 seasons is great. Keeping things moving.

#100 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

According to Luchablog, everyone is reporting to the temple today. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lucha underground

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users