Lucha Underground S3

El-P

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I assume this will be the thread to talk season 4 even if the title is for season 3, heh. Anywho, without spoiling too much I'll say it was a solid premiere though a tad disappointing.

Vignette spoilers:

Dario is dead and only his father, Antonio Cueto (Luis Fernandez Gil in an old man getup, and Agent Winter attend his funeral. It's revealed that Antonio ordered the hit on Dario but Agent Winter says Dario was killed by "gangbangers". So something definitely doesn't add up. And the decision to have Dario's father played by Gil in such an obvious disguise already makes me think that Dario and Agent Winter faked his death. At least I hope, otherwise it just seems like a lazy choice.

Pentagon Dark defended the title in an impromptu Aztec Warfare match. We got some interesting guest appearances by the likes of Tommy Dreamer and Mr. Pectacular. The first half dragged and the action just seemed off, like everyone was a bit rusty. It also didn't help that the editing and camera work felt super choppy. Eventually, Pentagon came in and started cleaning house. I feel like this episode was basically an apology for Pentagon's on-off booking for the past three seasons, just letting him kill people left and right like a badass. The second half of this match was a huge step up as some of the more familiar faces came in and got their time to shine. I had a few issues with certain eliminations

Chavo eliminating Fenix and Cuerno (dude was pretty rough in this match altogether) and Mil getting eliminated barely a minute in the match. But with Catrina walking off in disgust, it definitely seems like this play out a bit more this season.

but overall not a bad match and the finishing stretch was a lot of fun. Definitely the worst of the four Aztec Warfares though.

I'm hoping this episode was just a bit of growing pains as I had similar apprehensions about season 3 and things turned out very well for the most part. Either way, glad to have more wrestling to watch during the week after having checked out on Raw and SDL.