Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling - December 1984

agentofenton

December 5, 1984

Greenville, SC

Memorial Auditorium

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Steve Lombardi in 9:20.

The Grappler’s defeated Swede Hanson & Dennis Stamp in 6:57.

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Rene Goulet in 8:00.

Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) defeated Sweet Ebony Diamond in 11:02.

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match

The Hart Brothers © defeated The Moondogs (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 14:39.

“Superstar” Billy Graham and Killer Khan (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) went to a Double-DQ in 6:12.

The Great Kokina defeated Kendall Windham in 4:14.

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Fantastics, NWA United States Champion Magnum TA & Barry Windham defeated 24-Karat: NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair, NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard, NWA United States Tag Team Champions Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson (w/ JJ Dillon) in 29:19 when Barry pinned Patterson.

December 6, 1984

WCW TV Taping (Airing 12/8)

Rockhill, SC

Winthorp Coliseum

Tony Schiavone and David Crockett welcome us to WTBS and World Championship Wrestling. This week from Rockhill, SC. Starrcade is getting closer and closer each week. There are so many wrestlers fighting to get spots on the Starrcade card. With the huge success of that show last year, and the greater amount of cities that have been added to the closed circuit viewing, this is a must be at event for everyone. They tell us that throughout the show, we will get more announcements of wrestlers entering the two-ring battle royal. Two of those names are The Moondogs, Spot & Rex.

The Moondogs defeated Italian Stallion & Gary Royal in 4:57.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

When we return from commercial we see Barry and Kendall Windham standing with David. They can’t wait to get to Starrcade when they can get a measure of revenge against the United States Tag Team Champions from 24-Karat. Kendall goes to the ring for a match, while Barry stays and calls the match with David and Tony.

Kendall Windham defeated Terry Gibbs in 6:48.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

Toru Tanaka defeated Jason Knight in 4:25.

Mr. Fuji stops by with Tony and discusses the main event with Kokina against Blackjack Mulligan on tonight’s show and the big showdown with Kokina and Andre The Giant the week of Starrcade. Fuji is very happy with the situation, and after his monster takes out Andre, he will continue to take over all of the NWA!

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Mr. Pogo & Mr. Saito in 8:11.

During that match, it was announced that the Vachon’s will be in the 2-ring battle royal at Starrcade. Mr. Fuji has included three of his Clan into the match as well.

Paul Jones joins David on the set. He announces that he has sold the Bolsheviks contracts and they have left the Mid Atlantic region. He went on to say that he went to former US Tag Team Champions to bring some gold to him. He presents us The Grappler’s. He said they won the titles without him, but since have been lost. Now that they have him, they are now refocused and will be looking at all the tag teams to take down until they get a championship match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 4

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Steve Lombardi in 4:39.

We return to Tony standing with David at the set. They are going to run down the card, as it stands right now for Starrcade.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match (w/ Guest Referee Joe Frazier)

Challenger, NWA Lutte Internationale’s Bob Backlund

Vs

Champion, NWA Mid Atlantic’sNature Boy” Ric Flair (w/ JJ Dillon)

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match

Challengers, NWA Lutte Internationale’s The Rougeau Brothers

Vs

Champions, NWA Mid Atlantic’s The Fantastic’s

$100,000 Two-Ring Interpromotional Battle Royal

Mid Atlantic’s Ring: Butcher & Mad Dog Vachon, Great Kokina, Mr. Fuji, Mr. Pogo & Toru Tanaka, Moondog Spot, Moondog Rex, Bruce Hart, Keith Hart, Owen Hart. More to be announced next week.

In one ring, wrestlers from Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. In the second ring, wrestlers from Lutte Internationale. Regular battle royal rules until each ring has one winner. Then those two will battle it out, over-the-top rules until there is one winner.

NWA United States Championship Match

Challenger, Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones)

Vs

Champion, Magnum TA

NWA United States Tag Team Title Match

Challengers, Barry & Kendall Windham

Vs

Champions, 24-Karat’s Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson (w/ JJ Dillon)

NWA Television Championship Match

Challenger, Stan “The Lariat” Hansen

Vs

Champion, Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon)

COMMERCIAL BREAK 5

Magnum TA defeated Jim Powers in 2:48.

Magnum meets up with Tony at the set and tells Mr. Wrestling II that he is ready for their match at Starrcade. II can train by wrestling all the same wrestlers he does, but that doesn’t mean that it will be enough to win the United States Championship. You will need to do a lot more than that. You know the will I have, you know the skills I have. You may have taught me many, many things II, but I’ve learned from many great athletes in this business. You don’t know all that I do, and I’ll show you on Christmas night why I’ve overcome my mentor.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 6

Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson defeated Pete Sanchez & Swede Hansen in 7:30.

JJ Dillon spoke with Tony & David during the match. JJ gloats about the record-breaking run that the US tag team champions have had. They have been the defending those titles since the end of March. Don’t you think that some Texans can take those titles.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 7

The Great Kokina defeated Blackjack Mulligan in 5:18.

Mr. Fuji and Kokina beat up Mulligan a bit after the match and toss him from the ring as the show goes to black.

TV TAPING ENDS

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair defeated Barry Windham with help from JJ Dillon.

December 7, 1984

WWW TV Taping (Airing 12/9)

Columbia, SC

Township Auditorium

Bob Caudle and Johnny Weaver join us from ringside. They are excited about our NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Title match in the main event of tonight’s show! Also, another match from Lutte Internationale, as we will see one of the challengers for the NWA World Tag Team Title Match in action! That match actually starts us off this evening!

Jacques Rougeau vs Chicky Starr

During the match, the broadcast team discusses the recent in-ring scare Jacques Rougeau had at the hands of Richard Charland last week and they wonder if Jacques is at 100% heading into the final stretch before Starrcade. Chicky Starr obviously knows it and while remaining within the guidelines & rules of the squared circle, Starr works on Jacques’ neck and head throughout the entire match. The end comes eventually as Chicky Starr delivers a piledriver on Jacques Rougeau and it definitely seems like Jacques is in serious pain, clutching his head. Even Chicky seems to be worried about his opponent’s head. Referee Adrien Desbois seeing that Jacques is struggling to get to his feet, he decides to stop the match, despite Jacques’ protest. Chicky apologizes to Jacques but Jacques can’t help to evacuate his frustration by kicking the bottom rope and exits the ring in disgust.

Winner: Chicky Starr (referee stoppage)

(Jacques Rougeau exits the ring and Édouard Carpentier goes to talk to him)

Édouard Carpentier: Jacques, I’m sorry to bother you right now but we’re all worried about your head, following that incident with Richard Charland last week. Charland himself said that he deliberately tried to end your career. Now we’re all wondering if you’re really OK.

Jacques Rougeau: Monsieur Carpentier, malgré tout le respect que je vous dois, y a pas d’inquiétude à se faire, ma tête va bien, j’ai juste été sonné un peu pis Chicky Starr m’a juste pincé solide, c’est toute. En ce qui concerne Richard Charland, je lui réglerai son cas ben assez vite. Personnellement, l’arbitre a arrêté le match quand il aurait pas dû, j’étais prêt à continuer. Mais ce qui est fait est fait pis je peux pus regarder en arrière. Édouard, si ma tête était pas correcte, j’aurais pas accepté d’affronter les Sheepherders dans un Street Fight avec mon frère Raymond pour Mid-Atlantic la semaine prochaine. Pis j’aurais sûrement pas accepté d’affronter les Midnight Express 2 jours plus tard à London, à une semaine de Starrcade. Je peux te garantir que tout va bien pis que rien va empêcher les Rougeau de ramener les ceintures de la NWA au Québec à Noël!

(Translation : Mr. Carpentier, with all due respect, there are no worries here, my head is fine, I was just rattled a bit and Chicky Starr just got me good, that’s it. As far as Richard Charland is concerned, I’ll get him soon enough. Personally, I think that the referee stopped the match when he shouldn’t have, I was ready to go. But what is done is done and I can’t look back. Édouard, if my head wasn’t OK, I wouldn’t have accepted to face the Sheepherders in a Street Fight with my brother Raymond in Mid-Atlantic next week. And I surely wouldn’t have accepted to wrestle the Midnight Express 2 days later in London, 1 week away from Starrcade. I can guarantee you that everything’s fine and nothing will keep the Rougeaus from bringing back home the NWA World Tag Team Championship for Christmas!)

(Jacques Rougeau is going back to the locker room, cheered by the crowd)

Édouard Carpentier: I won’t lie, Guy, I’m a bit worried for Jacques, he has to be careful. I know that the Fantastics aren’t rulebreakers but both the Sheepherders and the Midnight Express – especially the Midnight Express – won’t be that nice to him. They’re both hoping for a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Championship soon and if they can take the Rougeaus place, that’d be even better for them.

Guy Hauray: We definitely hope that Jacques Rougeau will take care of himself and be extra careful in his preparation for Starrcade on Christmas night.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) defeated Jim Powers in 2:35 with a belly-to-belly suplex. Paul Jones grabs the commentators microphone and tell them that II is so much better than the current champion. He can beat the opponent’s faster, and even uses the belly-to-belly suplex better.

Bob Caudle sends it to Tony Schiavone who runs down the Starrcade card as previously seen on World Championship Wrestling.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

Killer Khan (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) defeated Paul Roma and Jason Knight in a handicap match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Title Match

The Hart Brothers © defeated The Moondogs (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) when Keith Hart pinned Moretti after a Gutwrench suplex. Spot and Rex left Moretti in the ring and left with Humperdink.

END OF TV TAPING

Magnum TA defeated Mr. Fuji to retain the title.

24-Karat: NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair, NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard, NWA United States Tag Team Champions Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens defeated NWA World Tag Team Champions The Fantastics, Barry & Kendall Windham when Tully Blanchard pinned Kendall Windham.

December 8, 1984

Charleston, SC

County Hall

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Steve Lombardi

Great Kokina defeated Swede Hanson

Dennis Stamp and Rene Goulet went to a 15-minute time limit draw.

Sweet Ebony Diamond defeated Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) via DQ after Paul Jones and the Grappler’s interfered. The Fantastics made the save, which led to...

NWA World Tag Team Title Match

The Fantastics defeated The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones)

The Hart Brothers © defeated The Moondogs (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) to retain the titles.

Superstar Graham & NWA United States Champion Magnum TA defeated NWA United States Tag Team Champions Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens © (w/ JJ Dillon) via DQ. 24-Karat retained the titles.

Tully Blanchard © (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Kendall Windham to retain the title in a taped fists match.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match

Ric Flair © (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Barry Windham after JJ Dillon interfered to retain the title.

December 9, 1984

Myrtle Beach, SC

Convention Center

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Steve Lombardi

Great Kokina defeated Swede Hanson

Dennis Stamp and Rene Goulet went to a 15-minute time limit draw.

Sweet Ebony Diamond defeated Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) via DQ after Paul Jones and the Grappler’s interfered. The Fantastics made the save, which led to...

The Fantastics defeated The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones)

The Hart Brothers © defeated The Moondogs (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) to retain the titles.

Superstar Graham & NWA United States Champion Magnum TA defeated NWA United States Tag Team Champions Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens © (w/ JJ Dillon) via DQ. 24-Karat retained the titles.

Tully Blanchard © (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Kendall Windham to retain the title in a taped fists match.

Ric Flair © (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Barry Windham after JJ Dillon interfered to retain the title.

December 12, 1984

World Championship Wrestling TV Taping (Airing 12/15)

Augusta, GA

Civic Center

Tony Schiavone and David Crockett welcome us to World Championship Wrestling on WTBS! We are just 10 days away from Starrcade 1984! David says the action is getting hot, and we aren’t going to talk anymore, let’s get right to the ring!

Sweet Ebony Diamond defeated Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) via DQ in 5:29.

The action was all in Diamond’s favor until Paul Jones interfered. They would lay a brutal beat down to Sweet Ebony Diamond. Jones hands II something which he places into his mask. He headbutts SED a couple of times to the forehead, busting him wide open. Magnum TA runs to the ring and chases them off. The two celebrate in the aisle as the referee’s and Magnum tend to an injured Diamond.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Jason Knight & Swede Hanson in 7:16.

Vachon’s make easy work of the opponent’s. They are preparing for the big time two-ring battle royal at Starrcade.

Int. Magnum TA. The United States Champion walks onto the set with Tony and he is obviously very mad. Tony asks how Sweet Ebony Diamond is doing. Magnum says he will be fine. A few stitches will close the wound. He doesn’t understand why Mr. Wrestling II is acting like this. What has happened to that man? Magnum will get revenge for his friend at Starrcade.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

Mr. Fuji defeated Ray Apollo in 5:38 with a falling headbutt.

Int. Andre The Giant. David welcomes Andre the Giant to the set. He is waving to the crowd. He sees Mr. Fuji standing in the ring and waves to him. David asks about this challenge from the Great Kokina. Andre laughs and says that even though he’s already accepted, he’s heard they keep sending challenges his way. He’s here...where’s Kokina? Well, Andre knows that on World Wide Wrestling this week, all of Fuji’s Clan will be there...and so will he. He looks at Fuji...see you soon!

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

Barry & Kendall Windham defeated Pete Sanchez & Dusty Wolfe in 6:29.

Via pre-taped interview, NWA United States Tag Team Champions Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens tell the Windham’s to keep training, to keep working out, to keep having warm up matches, none of it will matter when you face off with the greatest tag team champions of all-time. We maybe the US tag team champions, but since we are here in Montreal, we are the greatest North American tag team champions of all-time!

COMMERCIAL BREAK 4

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Gary Royal in 8:22.

During this match, David and Tony run down the entire Mid Atlantic entrants in the 2-ring battle royal. The participants are: Butcher & Mad Dog Vachon. NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions Bruce, Keith & Owen Hart. Johnny Weaver. Pedro Morales. Great Kokina. Mr. Pogo. Toru Tanaka. Mr. Fuji. The Moondogs Rex & Spot. The Grapplers. Killer Khan. Superstar Billy Graham returns to action. Abdullah The Butcher. Bruiser Brody. Andre The Giant.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 5

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Dennis Stamp in 5:37 after a leaping elbow smash.

Int. Sir Oliver Humperdink. Humperdink says that his men are hungry. They need to fight. They need to create destruction. Starrcade is the perfect place for that. All of his men are ready to tear into the roster and walk away with $100,000.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 6

Killer Khan defeated Tiger Chung Lee in 2:00.

Int. Ric Flair. The World’s Heavyweight Champion struts out alone to speak with David Crockett and he’s got the $10,000 suit, the $2,000 shoes, the 15 pounds of gold around his waist. Looking only as the World Champion can look. He says that he’s ready to step inside the steel cage at Starrcade and show the entire wrestling world why he’s THE World Champion. He’s the one that carries this 15 pounds of gold. At Starrcade, Backlund’s got nothing on the champ. That preppy All-American can’t hold a candle to me! I’m the Diamond in the Rough! I’m the Nature Boy! Whooo!! Whoo!!! Whoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMERCIAL BREAK 7

NWA Television Title Match

Tully Blanchard © defeated Steve Lombardi in 6:39 with the Slingshot Suplex.

JJ Dillon provided commentary with Tony and David during the match. He discusses the title match against Stan Hansen at Starrcade. He says Tully is the smartest wrestler in the world, and that’s what will get him the “W” in Greensboro on Christmas Night.

TV TAPING ENDS

Dark Match Main Event

Andre The Giant won a battle royal.

December 13, 1984

World Wide Wrestling TV Taping (Airing 12/16)

Savannah, GA

Civic Center

Bob Caudle and Johnny Weaver is at ringside ready for this week’s action!

Andre The Giant defeated Jim Powers, Ray Apollo & Rene Goulet in a three on one handicap match after he suplexed all three men to the mat in 4:58.

Mr. Fuji came out to distract Andre, and his Clan entered the ringside area. They circle Andre inside the ring. Kokina is foaming at the mouth wanting to do battle with Andre. Just as they are about to enter the ring, The Windham’s & Magnum TA rush into the ring to even the odds with their friend. Fuji calls off his men and they return to the locker room. Andre shakes the hands of his friends as we go to commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

Stan Hansen defeated Pedro Morales in 9:21 with the Lariat. Hansen really controlled the majority of this match. He worked over the neck and finished off Pedro with his punishing Lariat.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

The Fantastics © defeated Paul Roma & Terry Gibbs in 5:20 in a non-title match.

They join Bob Caudle at ringside and discuss their big time inter-promotional NWA World Tag Team Title defense against NWA Lutte Internationale’s Rougeau Brothers. They have a lot of respect for the brothers, and they have watched a few tapes of their matches. They are studying up, and they are going to be ready for the challenge come Starrcade!

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

Fuji’s Clan defeated Dennis Stamp, Dusty Wolfe, Italian Stallion, Steve Lombardi & Pete Sanchez in 8:01 in a 10-man tag team match.

Kokina drops a Bonsai Drop on each of the opponent’s after the match as Fuji laughs into the ringside camera.

TV TAPING ENDS

Dark Matches

Barry & Kendall Windham & NWA United States Champion Magnum TA defeated Mr. Wrestling II & The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) in 23:08 when Magnum pinned Grappler #2 with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex.

Abdullah The Butcher won a battle royal after Kokina and Andre eliminated each other.

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

Ric Flair © defeated Bruiser Brody via countout when Tully Blanchard interfered. Stan Hansen made the save in a post-match double team from Flair & Blanchard.

December 14, 1984

Albany, GA

Civic Center

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Tiger Chung Lee & “Iron” Mike Sharpe.

The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) defeated Jim Powers & Paul Roma.

The Hart Brothers © defeated Fuji’s Clan (Saito, Tanaka & Pogo) w/ Mr. Fuji to retain the titles.

Great Kokina (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Sweet Ebony Diamond

The Fantastics © defeated The Moondogs (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) to retain the titles.

Street Fight

The Sheepherders beat the Rougeau Brothers in 39:42 {Also shown on live closed circuit to those in Montreal @ Forum de Montréal}

Tag Team Main Event

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair & NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated NWA United States Champion Magnum TA and “Superstar” Billy Graham in 28:21 when JJ interfered on an already injured Graham’s knee.

December 16, 1984

Atlanta, GA

The Omni

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Tiger Chung Lee & “Iron” Mike Sharpe in 9:25 in a decent tag team opener.

The Moondogs (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) defeated The Young Stallions (Jim Powers & Paul Roma) in 8:50 in a fun little tag team match that saw the rookies get a fighting chance, but lose to the veterans in the end.

Pedro Morales defeated Steve Lombardi in 7:15 with a senton splash.

Mr. Fuji’s Clan {Kokina, Pogo, Saito & Tanaka} w/ Mr. Fuji defeated NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions The Hart Brothers {Bruce, Keith & Owen} and Sweet Ebony Diamond when Kokina gave SED a Bonsai Drop in 12:01.

Tully Blanchard © w/ JJ Dillon defeated “Superstar” Billy Graham in a Taped Fists Match with help from JJ Dillon in a bloody brawl to retain the title in 16:37. There was no-time limit on this match.

Two out of Three Falls Match

The Fantastics © defeated The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) two falls to one in 30:29 to retain the titles.

NWA World Champion Ric Flair (w/ JJ Dillon) went to a 60-Minute draw with NWA United States Champion Magnum TA to retain the title. After the 60-minute time limit expired, a cocky Flair wanted to keep wrestling, to show Atlanta that he was more than the 60-minute man. Tommy Young allowed the wrestlers to continue, and 19 seconds later, after a belly-to-belly suplex, Magnum TA pinned Ric Flair. The overtime wasn’t sanctioned, so the title was not on the line. The match is officially ruled a time-limit draw.

December 19, 1984

World Championship Wrestling TV Taping (Airing 12/22)

Roanoke, VA

Civic Center

Tony Schiavone and David Crockett welcome us to the show, right here on WTBS! We are just a few days away from Christmas night in Greensboro, North Carolina where Starrcade 1984 will take place!

Hart Brothers © defeated Mr. Saito, Mr. Fuji & Toru Tanaka in 11:33 when Bruce ducked Fuji throwing salt into his eyes, making that salt land in Saito’s eyes. Bruce uses an inside cradle to hold him down to earn the pinfall victory and retain the titles.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

Abdullah The Butcher (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) defeated Jason Knight in 3:04. Humperdink distracts the referee while Abby attacks Knight with a fork, bloodying him up. Then Abby tosses him over the top-rope.

Humperdink brings Abby to the set, along with The Moondogs and Killer Khan. He has assembled a roster of monsters here. He tells David that his men are the odds on favorites at Starrcade to win the $100,000. Who else has 4 men like this? Andre has problems with Fuji’s Clan, and if he happens to get past them, he won’t last against these monsters. No one is safe. He tells the NWA Board to make that check out to Sir Oliver Humperdink.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

Andre the Giant defeated Paul Roma, Jim Powers & Ray Apollo in 4:24.

Tony brings Andre to the set, and asks him about Fuji’s clan. They almost got a chance last week on World Wide Wrestling to take him down, but luckily, his friends helped even the odds. What will happen on Christmas night, when a battle royal has no friends? Andre says that he has the best record in battle royals in wrestling history. He knows what to do, and how to handle multiple attacks. Yes, there are no friends in a battle royal, but that also applies to Mr. Fuji and his clan of thieves. They might seem together now, but when there is that much money on the line, they won’t be able to work together either. He’s looking forward to taking Kokina down a notch, and then finishing the job after Starrcade.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

NWA Television Title Match

Tully Blanchard © defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 7:59 with the Slingshot Suplex. JJ Dillon sent to the interview set during the match and did commentary with Tony and David. He didn’t say much different than the previous weeks. His man is the smartest man in the business and that will earn him the win against the double tough, Stan “The Lariat” Hansen. JJ also said that Ric Flair has been working extra time in the gym, doing time and a half in endurance exercises, he’s been running 15 miles a day, he’s been sparring for 90 minutes a day. Flair is ready for Bob Backlund and that Steel Cage. JJ warns “Smokin” Joe Frazier, the special guest referee, he had better call it down the middle, or JJ will personally deal with him at Starrcade.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 4

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Fantastics defeated Mike Sharpe & Steve Lombardi in 7:02 in a non-title match.

Tony sends up to a pre-taped interview with the challengers at Starrcade, Lutte Internationale’s Rougeau Brothers. They are excited to be on such an important card for the NWA. They are even more excited that they are challenging for the World Tag Team Championships. Much like their opponent’s said last week, they have been studying tapes, and they feel they are prepared to come to Greensboro on Christmas night and earn the World Championships.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 5

The Great Kokina (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Gary Royal, Dennis Stamp & Terry Gibbs in 6:00 after stacking all three opponent’s on each other and dropping a Bonsai Drop on them for the pin. Fuji says into the camera that anything Andre can do, Kokina can do better.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 6

NWA United States Tag Team Champions 24 Karat: Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Tiger Chung Lee & Swede Hanson in 7:48. The champions look real good, very polished. JJ is so proud. He once again joins the announce team to discuss Starrcade and brag about his champions. These two gentlemen have been champions since the end of March, and they will continue to be going into 1985.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 7

NWA United States Champion Magnum TA defeated Italian Stallion with the belly-to-belly suplex in 4:25.

David and Tony get in one last hype for Starrcade. They talk about this event being available in more arenas than any of their other closed circuit offerings this year. Tell your friends, call them on the phone and tell them to go to their local arena and get their tickets. This event will be something special!

END OF TV TAPING

Superstar Graham & The Windham’s defeated The Moondogs & Killer Khan (w/ Sir Oliver Humperdink) in a six-man tag team dark match.

December 20, 1984

World Wide Wrestling TV Taping (Airing 12/23)

Fisherville, VA

Augusta Expo

Bob Caudle and Johnny Weaver are with us on the last World Wide Wrestling before Starrcade! We are TWO DAYS AWAY! They will discuss the card throughout the show. Let’s get to the ring for some action.

Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Pete Sanchez & Rene Goulet in 5:00.

The announcers discuss the TV title opportunity Stan Hansen will have against Tully Blanchard at Starrcade. They also discuss Bruiser Brody in the huge $100,000 battle royal.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) defeated Italian Stallion in 3:58 with a crushing knee smash to the side of the head. They discuss how Mr. Wrestling II has been taking on the same opponent’s as Magnum leading into Christmas night, and how he has been beating them in less time than the United States Champion. Will that help his cause at Starrcade?

Bob Caudle and Johnny Weaver run down the entire card quickly before going to commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

Barry & Kendall Windham defeated Paul Roma & Jim Powers in 6:21. They look real good, using a lot of quick tags and some pretty impressive double team moves to take the young opponent’s down.

We see a quick video package of some of the wrestling stars from Lutte Internationale that will be in the $100,000 battle royal.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Terry Gibbs in 4:58 with the Figure-Four Leglock. JJ grabs the ringside commentators microphone and brags about the conditioning of the champion. He says Backlund doesn’t have a chance at Starrcade.

END OF TV TAPING

Dark Matches

Thunderbolt Patterson defeated Mr. Pogo (w/ Mr. Fuji) in 11:03

“Superstar” Billy Graham & Magnum TA defeated The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) in 9:49.

Andre the Giant wins a battle royal in 20:00.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally catching up on back shows. Here's week one of three.

December 26, 1984

Ashville, NC

Civic Center

Butcher & Mad Dog Vachon defeated The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) in 9:44.

Killer Khan defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 4:35.

The Moondogs defeated Thunderbolt Patterson & Pedro Morales in 11:49.

The Hart Brothers © defeated Mr. Pogo, Mr. Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) in a Texas Tornado Match to retain the titles in 16:11.

Bruiser Brody defeated Abdullah The Butcher in a Texas Death Match in 22:27.

Andre the Giant & Johnny Weaver defeated The Great Kokina & Mr. Fuji in 8:22 after Andre bodyslammed Kokina and pinned him with a seated senton.

Magnum TA © defeated Mr. Wrestling II (w/ Paul Jones) to retain the championship in 25:00 with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex.

Terry Funk defeated Sweet Ebony Diamond in 11:30.

Stan Hansen & NWA United States Tag Team Champions Barry & Kendall Windham defeated 24-Karat (NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard, Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens) {w/ JJ Dillon} in 26:04 when Stan Hansen pinned Pat Patterson with the Lariat.

Ric Flair © defeated “Superstar” Billy Graham in 23:18 after interference from “Crazy” Luke Graham.

December 27, 1984

World Championship Wrestling TV Taping (Airing 12/29)

Raleigh, NC

Dorton Arena

Starrcade 1984 review. Still photos are shown of Barry & Kendall Windham winning the US Tag Team titles. Tully retaining the TV title, The $100,000 battle royal and Ric Flair vs Bob Backlund inside a steel cage.

Butcher & Mad Dog Vachon defeated The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) when Jones interfered in the match. .

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

The Moondogs defeated Dennis Stamp & Dusty Wolfe.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

Thunderbolt Patterson defeated Swede Hansen

COMMERCIAL BREAK 3

“Crazy” Luke Graham defeated Gary Royal

COMMERCIAL BREAK 4

Pedro Morales defeated Tiger Chung Lee

COMMERCIAL BREAK 5

Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated Bruce Hart to retain the Television Title.

COMMERCIAL BREAK 6

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Sweet Ebony Diamond in a Street Fight after Paul Jones and the Grappler’s interfered.

END OF TV TAPING

Andre the Giant & NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Champions The Hart Brothers defeated The Great Kokina, Mr. Saito, Mr. Pogo & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) after Andre bodyslammed Kokina, and Owen pinned Tanaka after a second-rope dropkick.

Stan “The Lariat” Hansen, “Superstar” Billy Graham, & NWA United States Tag Team Champions Barry & Kendall Windham defeated Terry Funk & 24 Karat: Pat Patterson, Ray Stevens & NWA World Champion Ric Flair (w/ JJ Dillon) when Barry Windham pinned Pat Patterson after a running bulldog.

Bruiser Brody defeated Abdullah the Butcher in a Texas Death Match

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match

The Rougeau Brothers © defeated The Fantastics in a rematch from Starrcade to retain the titles.

December 28, 1984

World Wide Wrestling TV Taping (Airing 12/30)

Fayetteville, NC

Cumberland City Civic Center

The Hart Brothers © defeated Mr. Pogo, Mr. Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji)

COMMERCIAL BREAK 1

Terry Funk defeated Pedro Morales

COMMERCIAL BREAK 2

United States Tag Team Champions Barry & Kendall Windham & NWA United States Champion Magnum TA defeated NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard & Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson (w/ JJ Dillon) when Magnum pinned Patterson with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex. Terry Funk attacked Magnum TA after the bout and was chased off by the Windham’s. This match went through commercial break 3.

END OF TAPING

Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody defeated Abdullah The Butcher and Killer Khan in a Street Fight.

Andre The Giant & Johnny Weaver defeated The Great Kokina & Mr. Fuji after Andre bodyslammed Kokina. Weaver put Fuji asleep with the Weaver Lock for the win.

The Rougeau Brothers © defeated The Fantastics in a two out of three falls match to retain the titles.

Ric Flair © (w/ JJ Dillon) defeated “Superstar” Billy Graham with help from JJ Dillon.

December 29,1984

Jacksonville, NC

White Oak High School

Butcher & Mad Dog Vachon defeated Paul Roma & Jim Powers (Subbing for the Grapplers) in 7:02.

Killer Khan defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 3:59

The Moondogs defeated Thunderbolt Patterson & Pedro Morales in 11:15.

The Hart Brothers © defeated Mr. Pogo, Mr. Saito & Toru Tanaka (w/ Mr. Fuji) in a Texas Tornado Match to retain the titles in 17:23.

Bruiser Brody defeated Abdullah The Butcher in a Texas Death Match in 19:45.

Andre the Giant & Johnny Weaver defeated The Great Kokina & Mr. Fuji in 8:38 after Andre bodyslammed Kokina and pinned him with a seated senton.

Magnum TA © defeated “Crazy” Luke Graham (subbing for Mr. Wrestling II) to retain the championship in 16:10 with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex.

Terry Funk defeated Sweet Ebony Diamond in 13:15.

Stan Hansen & NWA United States Tag Team Champions Barry & Kendall Windham defeated 24-Karat (NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard, Pat Patterson & Ray Stevens) {w/ JJ Dillon} in 36:47 when Barry Windham pinned Pat Patterson with the running bulldog.

Ric Flair © defeated “Superstar” Billy Graham in 25:38 after interference from “Crazy” Luke Graham.

December 30, 1984

Myrtle Beach, SC

Convention Center

Thunderbolt Patterson defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 7:22.

The Moondogs defeated Sweet Ebony Diamond & Pedro Morales in 7:46.

Mr. Wrestling II & The Grappler’s (w/ Paul Jones) defeated The Hart Brothers © via countout when Keith got posted by Mr. Wrestling II on the floor and didn’t make it back to the ring in time in 19:04. The Hart Brothers retained the titles.

Fuji’s Clan {The Great Kokina, Mr. Pogo, Mr. Saito & Toru Tanaka} (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Johnny Weaver, Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon & Jim Powers (subbing for Blackjack Mulligan) in 12:34 when Kokina pinned Powers after a seated senton splash.

Bruiser Brody defeated Abdullah the Butcher in a Texas Death Match in 19:45.

Magnum TA © defeated Killer Khan in 8:53 to retain the title with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex.

Stan Hansen, “Superstar” Billy Graham, Bobby Fulton, Tommy Rogers & NWA United States Tag Team Champions Barry & Kendall Windham defeated NWA World Champion Ric Flair, NWA Television Champion Tully Blanchard, Pat Patterson, Ray Stevens (w/ JJ Dillon), Terry Funk & “Crazy” Luke Graham in a 12-man tag team match that went 52:09 when Stan Hansen pinned Pat Patterson with the Lariat.

Love the Magnum T A push here of late and wondering if he becomes the next major thing for Ric Flair to deal with. If is a tough call for you with Lutte in the mix now. You really have 4 top guys in Flair, TA, Martel and Bockwinkle. 1985 is a tough thing to predict in the NWA.

I would be somewhat careful with guys like Luke Graham and Mr. Wrestling II as they are nearing the end. Wrestling II could probably pull off anything in the NWA where he was one of the top dogs for so long.