Pro Wrestling Only

Meet the Press Slam Podcast Idea

Hey guys, I have an idea for a new podcast that I would need guests for. It would be called Meet the Press Slam. My premise is that it would be run like a Meet The Press style roundtable with various news pundits and what not. Each week I would have 3 or 4 different pundits on the show and we would debate 1 or 2 topics,issues or concerns within the wrestling world. Then I with the information given by the panelists will make a final verdict on the issue

Some Topic Ideas

Is WWE a monopoly?

Are wrestlers being trained properly?

Has WWE philosophy on smaller guys changed?

Can a wrestler make a living without WWE?

What is the role of selling in wrestling in this day and age?

What is the Performance Center's impact on future generations?

If you have a topic idea or want to be a guest, respond here or PM me or tweet me @GetintheRing123

Is WWE a monopoly? Yes
Are wrestlers being trained properly? Yes
Has WWE philosophy on smaller guys changed? Yes
Can a wrestler make a living without WWE? Yes
What is the role of selling in wrestling in this day and age? Just as important as ever, the most important.
What is the Performance Center's impact on future generations? Better trained wrestlers for WWE.

The idea has some legs (and a good name), but you would need to find guests that had different opinions on the topics for it to be any interesting.

So like "is the WWE's mindset towards smaller wrestlers changing?" is not a great topic, but the monopoly one could have some good conversation.

I would ditch the idea about you making the final decision based on the arguments. Your job would be to move the conversation and ask insightful follow up questions.

I'll do your show bro. For three reasons.

1. I'm an egomaniac.

2. I love the name and the concept.

3. Cause Grimmas throws away all his " everyone should be respectful" act under a few weeks of pressure. He buckles like a belt. Apparently if the busy season went on for another month he'd be at shows chanting "Show your tits!" at the chicks.

How about getting each guest to pitch a question, or perhaps more interestingly, a contrary view. You then have the discussion where they have to win round the other guests. That way you don't have to think of new topics each week, and the fun would be seeing what the guests come up with, and how well they defend their stance.