Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-12-04-IWRG] Imposible vs Relampago

JimArg

Imposible is one of my favorite indie guys in lucha, I don't think I ever seen Relampago before, but if it's a singles with Imposible, I don't care.

Relampago jumps the champion on the stairs giving him no time to breath, tossing chairs onto his head, ripping up his mask, standard stuff, but it works really well. When they hit the ring, Relampago quickly opens the cut on Imposible's forehead and wins the fall (botching a moonsault, of course).

The second fall is more lengthy than usual (if you are used to modern CMLL, it's a breath of fresh air) and after a few minutes, Imposible achieves his comeback. And it's great. And brutal. He goes on a rampage, throws a chair right to Relampago's head on a tope, throws him over the barrier, onto the chairs, rips his mask, opens a cut on his head. I loved it. After that, they tease a two falls victory for Relampago when Imposible was trying to finish the fall, which I bought, and have a really cool exchange outside with vicious headbutts and punches. Sadly, the match feels incomplete because the rudo ref gives the fall to Relampago with a quick count to build up to a future title match. Very good match, but the lack of a real finish brings it down. I'm hoping for a mascara vs mascara in the near future, because they have really good brawl chemistry together (is that even a thing? well now it is) but with Mexico, you never know if this kind of things will actually happen.

This wasn't a classic, or anything really close, but it lived up to my expectations. Violent and gritty from the start with an awesome, AWESOME comeback in the segunda. Bullshit ref & ending aside, this was a neat appetizer for a possible apuesta. Super fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2016-12-04-IWRG] Imposible vs Relampago