Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/19 - 12/25

KawadaSmile

After 2016's final PPV, what is going to happen on RAW? Furthermore, how is SD going to deal with the #1 contendership for the Tag Titles, since Ryder is out?

• Is JeriKO a thing again?
  • What's left for Charlotte/Sasha?
  • Can Sheamus/Cesaro keep it together after beating New Day?
  • How is Strowman going to deal with his loss to Sami Zayn?
  • Are we finally going to watch AJ vs Ellsworth for the WWE Title?
  • Which gentlemanly behavior is Gallagher having next?

Though the Jax/Sasha segment was simple, textbook babyface and heel. You had a defeated baybface selling the loss and injury from the night before getting laid out. No need to do a crazy angle tonight with the first match hopefully weeks away. Really effective segment.

It's always refreshing when they carry kayfabe injuries through from PPV matches to TV. I guess it's easier in the WWE mentality because Sasha lost the match and doesn't have to look invincible.

Not surprised that the worst segments so far had KO and Jericho.

The Enzo sensitivity training segment was pretty bad too, but I feel like Enzo tried to make the best of a terrible storyline whereas JeriKO flubbed a pretty basic wrestling angle.

I thought it got better with each segment. Jinder Mahal looked semi legit there and Enzo got another beatdown, which is good.

Braun Roman coming up. There's mania

I really want Roman to win the Universal title at Rumble and Braun to win the Rumble. If it doesn't happen, those two fighting for the U.S. title is going to make whatever the Universal Title match is look 2nd rate by comparison.

That would be a ballsy Wrestlemania main event choice. The match doesn't even excite me *that* much, but I could get into that idea with good build-up. It's something different, and it's a big Wrestlemania match that doesn't involve HHH, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or John Cena, so bring it on.

Mark Henry did some interviews last year where he mentioned this year would probably be his last. Braun as the guy who took out the World's Strongest Man could be a really fun angle if done right. Apparently, the two know each other from the weight-lifting circles so I'm sure Mark would have no issues doing it and it would be a natural feud.

When Braun threw Sin Cara 10, 20, 80 feet off the stage last night, Hall of Pain immediately came to mind.

That would be a ballsy Wrestlemania main event choice. The match doesn't even excite me *that* much, but I could get into that idea with good build-up. It's something different, and it's a big Wrestlemania match that doesn't involve HHH, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or John Cena, so bring it on.

Except, it wouldn't really be the "true main event." It would be in the middle of the show and therefore seem less important and like "just another match" - e.g. Triple H vs. Booker T and most of the Smackdown World Title matches during the last brand split. Still, it's not a bad idea - I wouldn't jump for joy over seeing those two paired together in a World Title match, but I wouldn't necessarily mind it either.

What I could really do without is a Triple H match, unless it's Triple H vs. Shane McMahon - as Ric Flair suggested. If those two are going to have matches, I'd rather it be against each other, thereby occupying one spot on the card instead of two.

Yes, Trips vs. Rollins is a lingering issue, but: 1. No one cares. 2. Rollins has been a bust as a babyface. 3. There's actual interest in whatever "issues" Shane and H supposedly have.

this will most likely be an unpopular opinion but the storylines in the women's division on SD are much better than on Raw. Yes the Raw feuds feature better in ring and more traditional wrestling stuff but SD is really going for the heat with this Nattie/Carmella/Nikki stuff and Alexa/Becky. Yes it's shooty and total divas type stuff but damn if it isn't captivating

and I guess you can add Renee v Maryse to this now. Certainly more shoots coming up here

Miz shooting on Renee and Dean! Renee slaps him! Damn SD is great

It was mentioned somewhere else but it really does show how completely different the logic is between RAW and Smackdown. Enzo is running around showing his dick to a married woman and insulting her like it is 1999 and he is the babyface to complete confusion. Nope on Smackdown the heel does this and it gets the reaction it should.

And yes it is something that a show that is only 2 hours can use almost all of their women and RAW is 3 hours and you will be lucky to see more than Charlotte, Sasha, or Bayley on the show. Even Carmella is involved in Smackdown although I have no idea what they have planned with James Ellsworth