Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/26 - 01/01

KawadaSmile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coach said WWE will never bring her in, that they aren't in the business of rehabbing fallen, broken stars.

He's wrong on so many levels, but I love the redditors who actually agree. These are the same neckbeards that will argue that bringing CM Punk back is the "only way to save wrestling."

It might not make financial sense to bring her in, but that hasn't stopped them in the past few years with Brock. She's not going to be ready to have a match at Mania this year and SummerSlam is at a small venue that they're going to sell out regardless. There's also the non-drawing "moment creation" and "brand awareness" aspect of this. To quote Stephanie herself from a few days ago:

Our fans love Ronda. Ronda has this cross platform appeal in terms of all forms of entertainment. We would welcome her with open arms. She is the total package.

The moment was awe inspiring. Our business works the best when there is magic and energy in the air, and Ronda's presence brought that. With a guest appearance like Ronda's, to work best it has to be genuine and authentic. Pop culture is a huge strategy for WWE, our storylines are reflective of what's happening in the world and what's popular. In sports, it doesn't get much more popular than Ronda.

I doubt you really need to rehab her at all for a special attraction match. If she gets in the ring, gives someone her intense stare, and is treated like a big deal, the fans in the arena will pop.

There are a few routes I could see her involvement taking. She could do the special ref thing, get involved in the finish, and have a singles match with the competitor she screwed. Since Charlotte is the only non-McMahon they care about pushing hard, this doesn't work that well since she's probably going to stay a heel. They could just come out and do the blatant special attraction match with Stephanie and have it not involve anyone else on the roster. The original rumor was for a mixed tag with The Rock, which would better hide her lack of wrestling experience, but in their mind does it really make sense to burn 2 celebrities and 2 McMahons on one match?

Maybe Ronda can have a come-to-Jesus moment and embrace the fact that her personality makes her the most naturally born heel ever. Have her side with the heels at first and have her join up with the babyfaces to have their WWE Approved Smiles On Faces Wrestlemania Moment they can put in every video package.

As an aside what the hell happened with all the movies Ronda was scheduled to shoot? There was one with Mark Wahlberg, with Tina Fey and the Roadhouse remake. It seems none of them have even entered production yet

I heard something about studios not being impressed enough with her acting ability enough for these projects to have gone forward.

Hell yea it was. If we're gonna turn this into a fantasy booking thread can we at least fantasy book Baron Corbin someone who is employed by WWE and is a huge star waiting to happen? Seems more interesting than fantasy booking someone who may never even work in WWE

Corbin did pretty well in the main event with two vets, although he did mess up that ref spot and some of his selling on the outside looked awkward. If they do decide to push him, who does he feud with? I don't really want to see more Corbin/Ziggler singles matches any time soon.

Is it just me, or is the End of Days one of those finishers where you sometimes can't tell who is getting hurt more?