Pro Wrestling Only

[2012-06-04-WWE-Raw] John Cena vs Michael Cole

GOTNW

I remember there was a period around 2010 or so where Cena was working the same type of match vs the main eventers and David Otunga and whatever NXT rookie they'd have him face which quite annoyed my 13 year old self. This match is very peculiar-you get to see Cena squash someone, but more importantly you get a sneak peak inside Vince McMahon's sick mind and how he perceives morality as a 45 year old non-wrestler is stripped, made to apologize and poured with barbecue souce. Cole's promo before the match was actually very good, I loved the way he gradually built himself up after escaping instant peril, to the point he reached arrogance, and then immediately reverted to being a complete coward once he got smacked. Actually his whole run might be underrated thinking about it. Cena's corny and over the top acting and verbiage seem to be the main things seperating a segment like this being considered as trash while similar AE segments are "cool".

• GSR changed the title to [2012-06-04-WWE-Raw] John Cena vs Michael Cole