Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 34 Location Appears to be NOLA

supersonic

I am disappointed by this news, even more so when Orlando was announced. It seems WWE has a hard-on to keep Mania in same areas. I am curious as to why WWE hasn't tried to run the L.A. coliseum again for a Mania.

I'd imagine when the Rams' new stadium in Inglewood they'll run it then.

NOLA and Orlando are big enough tourist destinations that they will do fine despite returning to markets they've run recently.

I am disappointed by this news, even more so when Orlando was announced. It seems WWE has a hard-on to keep Mania in same areas. I am curious as to why WWE hasn't tried to run the L.A. coliseum again for a Mania.

The LA Coliseum is good for packing in sheer numbers, but I have to imagine it makes an awful wrestling venue. There are seats more than 500' from where the ring would be. The layout of the venue would prevent almost all of the crowd noise from resonating.

I would suppose cities like New Orleans and Orlando are just offering WWE more money than other cities are.

Oh yeah. I know these cities are offering more money--its just disappointing to me from an 'aesthetics' standpoint. Toss in the fact that I have never been to a Mania (and really haven't been excited to even attempt to go to one in over a decade), I would hate if a 'Mania Loop' develops with Mania cycling out the same ten cities or so over the course of 20 years.

It has been talked by a few people that Wrestlemania will be more of a location loop with Orlando, LA, New Orleans, New York, and Dallas being the main places. Yeah it would be great to see other places for the traveling fan but 4 of the places are big tourist spots and one can always be used for set the WM attendance record every 5 years or so

The New Orleans WM experience was easily the craziest time I ever had for the weekend. It almost takes away the fact that the SuperDome is a really run down place that has gone through a lot of hell to stay the way it is now.

It has been talked by a few people that Wrestlemania will be more of a location loop with Orlando, LA, New Orleans, New York, and Dallas being the main places. Yeah it would be great to see other places for the traveling fan but 4 of the places are big tourist spots and one can always be used for set the WM attendance record every 5 years or so

The New Orleans WM experience was easily the craziest time I ever had for the weekend. It almost takes away the fact that the SuperDome is a really run down place that has gone through a lot of hell to stay the way it is now.

Disapointing but I am not surprised. Looking at where Mania has generally been held since 2008 they do seem to really favor certain states a lot over others. Also I wonder if this has something to do with how much money these states have offered to host the show and are the ones that are willing to offer the company more.

I really wish they would come back to the Midwest. I was frankly surprised that they didn't come to Indianapolis, especially after it hosted one Super Bowl.

Well why did the Minnesota thing not happen? Was the stadium not going to be ready for Wrestlemania or something else?

They didn't give the concessions Orlando was offering was what I seem to remember.

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish they would come back to the Midwest. I was frankly surprised that they didn't come to Indianapolis, especially after it hosted one Super Bowl.

Lucas Oil hosting the NCAA Tournament Finals or Regionals 5 times in their first 7 Marches (in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015) probably made it difficult.

Not sure how far ahead the NCAA selects regional hosts (this year they're playing regionals in arenas and not domes), but having a week gap between NCAA and Wrestlemania might not be ideal for the WWE's preferences of getting things set up.

I'm guessing Atlanta United Might discourage them from going to Atlanta so quickly. Unless a giant hole opens up in their schedule to get the WWE in and out in good time.

Out of the new stadiums due to emerge due to NFL moves, I wonder if they'd go to the new Vegas stadium before Inglewood.

I'd move Wrestlemania to the summer and swap Summerslam for a year-end event if it were me. Then Mania could be held anywhere.

I would also pretty much just have Mania in places like LA, Las Vegas, Florida or NYC, where there's lots to do and there's something for everyone. I have no interest whatsoever in going to New Orleans.

They really should go back to the SkyDome again or is 68k not enough people for a WrestleMania anymore.

Do they still do big business in Montreal?

TV usually draws really well when they book RAW. For house show attendance, it's the average attendance we currently see everywhere for live events.