Pro Wrestling Only

January 1985 Freelancers Booking Thread

SirEdger

NJPW would like to book Bruiser Brody from July 1-28th as a featured participant in the IWGP Climax Tournament.

NJPW would like to book Stan Hansen for September 26th through 28th, to fight for the title on September 27th.

NJPW would like to book Mil Mascaras and Stan Hansen for November 20th through 25th, for featured bouts on the November 24th Tokyo show.

NJPW would like to book Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher for as much of December 3rd through 23rd as possible, for the build up to the big January 4th show.

NJPW would like to book Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher for January 4th, 1986 as attractions for the big card.

Right now, this only covers the month of January 1985 so that's only as far as I can go right now. If you need any of those freelancers for the month of January, I'll gladly give you the dates you need. For the other months, we rotate within board members to handle the freelance bookings.

So, do you need some of those freelancers for January 1985?

Right now, this only covers the month of January 1985 so that's only as far as I can go right now. If you need any of those freelancers for the month of January, I'll gladly give you the dates you need. For the other months, we rotate within board members to handle the freelance bookings.

So, do you need some of those freelancers for January 1985?

No, thank you. I have already booked all of my January shows. I am trying to book months ahead. I'm basically booked up through May already, thanks to everyone being so co-operative.

It would be very helpful if I could know ahead of time when I can get the freelancers, since having them would have a chain reaction type of affect on which other gaijin I'd be booking down the line.

For example, if I know I can't have Hansen to fight for the title on September 27th, then I might need to start negotiations with you to see if I can have Valentine or Martel for that date. But, if I have to wait until the end of August to do that, it's likely going to be too late, as you'll already have made plans for your biggest names on those dates.

Big-name Gaijin fighting for the titles or in the Main Event is such a huge part of booking in Japan in the 1980s, so it's best of I can start from there when planning my cards.

It's my understanding that Freelancer booking in Japan were always pre-set for the entire year in the past. Hopefully, something can be arranged to make it easier for us in the coming year.

I see. You might wanna check that with LowBlow as he'll be more helpful than me in that matter. I think it's entirely feasible but you'd have to run that through him first and make sure you're able to lock those dates in. That way, once we start our monthly thread for freelance booking, we'll already be able to lock in your dates for those freelancers ;)

I see. You might wanna check that with LowBlow as he'll be more helpful than me in that matter. I think it's entirely feasible but you'd have to run that through him first and make sure you're able to lock those dates in. That way, once we start our monthly thread for freelance booking, we'll already be able to lock in your dates for those freelancers ;)

Thanks. I'll do that. Just so everyone knows, I'm always open to discussion if my dates conflict with anyone else's plans.