Hulk Hogan © defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

WWF on Tour 1-2 / 1-4

Elizabeth, NJ - Dunn Recreation Center

Waterville, ME – Civic Center

Wildwood, NJ - Convention Hall

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Pez Whatley & Steve Simpson

Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated SD Jones

Jack Mulligan & Ron Bass defeated Mark & Jay Youngblood

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart went to a double DQ!

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated the British Bulldogs

MAIN EVENT

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Masked Superstar

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Johnny Rodz

-Gorilla and Bobby are putting over the newest addition to the Hart Foundation as Valentine looks stout and ready for a good run here in the WWF. He handles Rodz with ease and we hear Gorilla and Bobby put over the on-going feud between Valentine and Santana. The Figure Four is all she wrote here for the submission victory and Valentine looks strong in his debut.

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Brunzell & Brian Blair defeated Bob Bradley & Omar Atlas

-Jumping Jim and B Brian are really coming into their own and they even have the yellow and black tights to show things off this week. A huge double dropkick on Bradley for the 1…2…3 and these two continue to show they can run with the best.

*COMMERCIAL*

Ron Bass defeated Jeff Gaylord

-An interesting piece of information is let loose here as Ron Bass beats up Jeff Gaylord. Bobby Heenan talks about how Ron Bass has been working with Blackjack Lanza. Lanza of course was managed by Heenan and it is said that Bass and Lanza may be working together in the future and possibly teaming. The Outlaw hits a nasty bulldog on Gaylord for the 1…2…3 here tonight.

*COMMERCIAL*

David Sammartino defeated Victor Rivera

-Much like Ron Bass… it is David Sammartino who is talked about with regards to working with his mentor… Bruno. The current WWF Commissioner has been spending time with his son on his in ring work and it shows here tonight as he hits Rivera with a bearhug slam for the 3 count. The crowd isn’t there yet but they like the last name.

*COMMERCIAL*

Tito Santana defeated Johnny Rivera

-Tito Santana comes out like a house of fire on Johnny Rivera tonight. He handles Johnny like no other but then we see Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, and Jimmy Hart all come out. They are talking amongst themselves and looking at Tito who nails the flying forearm but then adds insult to injury with the Figure Four Leg Lock for the submission! He then flies out of the ring and looks to go for Valentine who is being held back by Beefcake and Jimmy. Referees are holding Tito back and Bobby and Gorilla put this over in a huge way!

WWF Live Event

1/5/85

East Rutherford, NJ – The Meadowlands

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

Randy Savage © defeated Masked Superstar

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © vs the British Bulldogs went to a double DQ!

HANDICAP MATCH

Andre the Giant & Tony Atlas defeated King Kong Bundy, Roddy Piper, & Bob Orton

Haku & The Barbarian defeated The Youngbloods

Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated The Killer Bees

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated SD Jones

-A quick showcase from Bundy who looks bigger than ever. Heenan says that Bundy is hungry… Bundy wants some GOLD! We see the Avlanche and then the 5 count for the victory!

*COMMERCIAL*

Haku & Barbarian defeated Terry Daniels & Tony Garea

-In the biggest shock… it is Bobby Heenan who walks out here with Haku and the Barbarian! The crowd is really giving Heenan the business as we see Haku and Barb beat the shit out of Garea and Daniels before hitting the powerslam, diving headbutt combo for the pinfall. Heenan is then heard saying that the FAMILY IS COMING TOGETHER! HAHAHA!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated Jose Louis Rivera

-A fun showcase for Jake Roberts tonight as the crowd is starting to come around to him. We see him do some nice work on Rivera and hit his trademarks before nailing a nasty DDT for the 3 count. Roberts then walks over and pulls up the bag and the crowd is going wild but he just teases it as he walks off.

*COMMERCIAL*

piper.jpg

PIPER’S PIT

Roddy Piper: So just to be clear here… they took me off the air because they said I was a little too controversial. They said I was a little too unpredictable. Maybe they think I am a little bit too Rowdy! Well you can tame a snake and you can toy with a lion but you don’t piss with the Piper jack! Lemme tell you something right now… 1984 was nothing man… I am coming into 1985 with a chip on my shoulder and brother… no one is safe. I showed everyone just how Rowdy I was when I took that good for nothing animal Jimmy Snuka and ran him out of the territory. I showed the current Intercontinental Champion… Randy Savage… I showed him just how Savage I can be man. Listen… it comes down to this… how do you measure up when you look in the mirror? Ain’t no man ever questioned whether or not the Hot Rod can throw hands… I may wear a kilt but damnit I can throw a punch. You see I don’t need a title belt to prove that I am worth something. I don’t need that kind of recognition… it is nice… but I don’t need it… but you know… in 1985… I WANT IT! I want to know how that gold feels around my waist. I want to know what it is like to truly be on top of the mountain, looking down at all the peasants… cuz you know… I do that already but it is like having that crown jewel. Well… I have made me a new year’s resolution… and that resolution is simply put… I WANT TO FACE HULK HOGAN FOR THE WWF CHAMPIONSHIP!

-Piper drops the microphone and walks off as the crowd is stunned… what will the Hulkster have to say about all this?

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth vs Lt. James Wright

-A chance to see the NEW Intercontinental Champion in action tonight as the Macho Man looks glorious with the title belt as he and Elizabeth are the prized couple of the WWF. Savage is able to work over Wright something awful and the hits the big elbow drop from the top rope for the 3 count. He poses and works the crowd with Elizabeth before walking up the back while Jesse and Vince sing his praises… the problem comes with the Masked Superstar comes out of nowhere with a lariat on Savage and puts him down! Superstar picks him up for a Cobra Clutch Slam on the concrete floor as Elizabeth tries to cover up Macho and keep him safe! Vince runs down to check on him as Jesse sends us off.

WWF Live Event

1/6/85

New York City, New York – Madison Square Garden

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Tony Atlas defeated King Kong Bundy & Bob Orton w/ Roddy Piper

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

2/3 FALLS

The British Bulldogs defeated The Russians © but the 3rd fall was a DQ so no title swap

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Masked Superstar via count out –Savage ripped off his mask and Superstar ran out of the ring and up the aisle!

Andre the Giant & Tito Santana defeated Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

Haku & Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan defeated The Killer Bees

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated The Youngbloods

Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza defeated SD Jones

WWF on Tour – 1/9-1/11

Dayton, OH – Hara Arena

Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati Gardens

Cleveland, OH – Convention Center

Jake Roberts defeated Terry Daniels

Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza defeated Sam Houston

The Killer Bees defeated The Conquistadors

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Tony Atlas defeated Bob Orton & King Kong Bundy w/ Roddy Piper

WWF on Tour – 1/9-1/11

Asbury Park, NJ – Convention Hall

Passaic, NJ – Capitol Theatre

West Warwick, RI – Civic Center

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated The Youngbloods

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated The British Bulldogs

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine went to a double DQ

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth © defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Steve Simpson

Tito Santana: Lemme tell you something right now, I have fought all over the world. I have fought the biggest and the baddest in every single country. Brutus Beefcake… I thought I could trust you but I couldn’t. You were nothing but a weasel like that good for nothing manager you’ve got. I am coming after the entire Jimmy Hart Foundation and brother I am not going to stop till I take everyone of you down!

*COMMERCIAL*

The British Bulldogs defeated Mike & Pat Kelly

-A fun showcase for the Bulldogs. Davey Boy and Dynamite just destroy these guys and then finish them off with a big powerslam to diving headbutt. Heenan says that the Bulldogs are trying to mimmick the Faces of Fear. Davey Boy and Dynamite show why they are one of the best in the business and we’ll see what happens in the coming weeks.

*COMMERCIAL*

David Sammartino defeated James Wright

-David comes out and gets some good momentum. We get to hear from Bruno who says he is going to bring in some of the top talent from around the country and look for David to become one of the premiere stars in the WWF!

*COMMERCIAL*

EVENT CENTER

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome in to the WWF Event Center, I am Gene Okerlund. We have late breaking news that on Sunday February the 2nd, the WWF will be hosting a special event entitled, the King of the Ring! That's right fans, it is time for Royalty in the WWF and on that night we will crown a King of the WWF! I am being told that there will be an eight-man tournament to decide the winner in a single elimination, one night tournament. Already signed for the event to go along with this major tournament, two, yes two title matches as we will see Tag Team Champions, the Russians, Ivan and Nikita Koloff taking on The British Bulldogs, but this time it will be 2 out of 3 falls. Does this favor the Bulldogs or the Russians? We will see in the coming weeks as they prepare. The other big title match announced, it will be a main event of gigantic proportions as we will see the WWF Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan defend the title against King Kong Bundy! What a contest that will be. I know everyone is waiting, so here are the names of the eight participants in the King of the Ring Tournament.

Randy Macho Man Savage

Jake Roberts

Tito Santana

Greg Valentine

The Barbarian

Bret Hart

Ron Bass

David Sammartino

Gene Okerlund: There is the field and my oh my, some big names there and what a night it will be in Los Angeles on February the 2nd. Again it will be a single elimination tournament with those eight men and the winner will go on to be crowned the King of the Ring. Also the two big title matches with the Russians taking on the Bulldogs and Hulk Hogan defending the WWF Championship against King Kong Bundy. Fans we will have the bracket for you next week so we will see all the big lines ups and possibilities for this huge tournament!

*COMMERCIAL*

Ivan & Nikita Koloff © defeated Pez Whatley & SD Jones

-The Tag Champs are in action and without a doubt the Koloffs are on top of the world and Nikita looks like a complete fucking monster with he rips off Pez Whatley’s head with a Russian Sickle for the 1….2….3!

*COMMERCIAL*

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Masked Superstar

-We get to see highlights from the Intercontinental Championship match this past week from Madison Square Garden. It is a hard fought contest as Savage is selling the ribs but the final moments come down to Superstar coming at Savage with a double axe handle smash but Savage ducks and then high knees him into the turnbuckle and then rips at his mask! Superstar is running around and then Savage rips off the mask! No clue who this guy is as he covers his face and runs up the aisle! Savage gets the ultimate revenge!

WWF Live – 1/12

Detroit, MI – Joe Louis Arena

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan, Tony Atlas, & Randy Savage defeated Roddy Piper, Bob Orton, & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs defeated The Russians © via Count Out

Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Jake Roberts & Tito Santana – Roberts left the ring and did not return

Blackjack Mulligan (sub for Sam Houston) defeated Ron Bass

David Sammartino defeated Barry Horowitz

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Sam Houston defeated Tony Zane

-A nice debut for Sam Houston who comes in with a lot of spunk. He just isn’t very big which hurts him but he has got some fun skills in the ring and when he hits a nasty running Bulldog and gets the 3 count.

*COMMERCIAL*

Ron Bass w/ Blackjack Lanza defeated Tony Garea

-We come back from commercial and here comes Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza. Sam Houston is still slapping hands with the fans and these two guys get in his way. Then we see Bass push him to the ground. Officials and agents run down and hold up the action as Bass goes down to the ring with Lanza. He works the match and then hits a disgusting bulldog and puts Garea down for the 3 count. We hear Bass say he is the true outlaw as Jack Lanza is hyping him up.

*COMMERCIAL*

piper.jpg

PIPER’S PIT

Roddy Piper: Well I guess I struck a cord with someone last week. They didn’t really care for what I said and you know what, I guess I kind of feel the same way. Maybe I crossed the line a little bit but hell, that’s what I do man. That’s why this is the most controversial talk show on the market and why I am public enemy number one jack. You see that’s why I got Ace with me… he is my Ace in the hole if you will. Someone wants to come take a shot at me, they gotta get through him… and there’s no one getting through him lemme tell ya. But you see the problem is the big wigs up there… guys like Bruno Sammartino who has been retired for 10 years trying to call shots… this guy held a title but didn’t face one single competitor that entire time… that’s why he is protecting a guy like Hulk Hogan. That is why he is hovering over his golden goose. You see something Hogan… I didn’t know that if you wore yellow long enough that it would seep right into your back and run up and down your spine. But that is beside the point… that is how I feel about Hulk Hogan and lemme tell ya, there isn’t too much to change that but first…. I am going to apologize to you Hulk Hogan. I am going to apologize to you Bruno Sammartino. I am going to apologize to all of you people… last week I said that I wanted to face Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship and that got some people a little shakey and I am here to take that back. I am here to take that back and replace it with this… I AM GOING TO BEAT HULK HOGAN FOR THE WWF CHAMPIONSHIP!

-Piper rips off his shirt!

Roddy Piper: You listen up and you listen up good Hogan… you have been ducking me since day one pal and lemme tell you something right now… you can run but you can’t hide. I am going to dog you Hogan like you’ve never had it done before. I am going to come at you brother and you won’t know whether to blink or bat an eye because when I am done with you you will be nothing but a piece of yellow trash! That title makes you a man well brother, I am going to take it and everything you stand for. You better get down on your knees and say an extra prayer… maybe eat some more vitamins, and brother you better hit the gym to beat Roddy Piper on a bad day but Hogan… I am coming at you on my best day and on my worst you couldn’t lace my boots!

-Once again Piper drops the mic and the crowd boos up a storm. We have got something really brewing here with Piper and Hogan but what will the champ say in response to these allegations and challenges?

*COMMERCIAL*

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Johnny Rodz & Terry Daniels

-The Harts look absolutely fantastic tonight. Jimmy Hart is putting them through the roof. Jesse and Vince talk about the possibility of a Hart Foundation vs Russian match up. Inside the ring, we get the Hart Attack for the 3-count as Bret and Jim look great.

*COMMERCIAL*

KING OF THE RING EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome in to the WWF Event Center, I am Gene Okerlund. We have late breaking news that on Sunday February the 2nd, the WWF will be hosting a special event entitled, the King of the Ring! That's right fans, it is time for Royalty in the WWF and on that night we will crown a King of the WWF! I am being told that there will be an eight-man tournament to decide the winner in a single elimination, one night tournament. Already signed for the event to go along with this major tournament, two, yes two title matches as we will see Tag Team Champions, the Russians, Ivan and Nikita Koloff taking on The British Bulldogs, but this time it will be 2 out of 3 falls. Does this favor the Bulldogs or the Russians? We will see in the coming weeks as they prepare. The other big title match announced, it will be a main event of gigantic proportions as we will see the WWF Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan defend the title against King Kong Bundy! What a contest that will be. I know everyone is waiting, so here are the names of the eight participants in the King of the Ring Tournament.

Randy Macho Man Savage

Jake Roberts

Tito Santana

Greg Valentine

The Barbarian

Bret Hart

Ron Bass

David Samartino

Mean Gene: Right now, we have words from some of the participants in this great event…

Bobby Heenan: (w/ The Barbarian) The King of the Ring. A once in a lifetime event to see the top eight men in wrestling battle for the crown. Not to mention on that night Hulk Hogan, you will be up against King Kong Bundy so not only will the Heenan Family have the King of the Ring but also the World Heavyweight Championship. But I am here to talk about this man… this is the Barbarian… he is royalty in his native country of Samoa. He is a man who fought to the death if needed but he is still standing here. Every single guy out there in this tournament needs to understand that we aren’t coming to play games… we’re coming to get a crown and we are going take off any heads in our way!

Jake Roberts: You know it is funny what the mind can come up with. You are talking about the top eight men in the sport in one night competing up to three times for a crown… for a scepter…for a rob…. No… we aren’t competing for that… we are competing for the pride and respect to be known as the King. Well let me tell you something right now… I am not a man of royalty or monarchy… but I am a man of principle. You do me wrong… don’t think I won’t come back to bite you.

Jimmy Hart: (w/ Bret Hart) You know something baby… this is the chance that we’ve been waiting for Hitman. A chance to show everyone just what you can do out there in that ring. Now I know that I have got two dogs in the race… but that means I have got better odds to end up with the King baby!

Bret Hart: That’s right Jimmy. You know a lot of people are already doing the odds and the Hitman is a long shot… but if you’re smart… you will put it on me and watch me walk away with the crown!

Tito Santana: Brother when I got the call to be in the King of the Ring I was excited… but when I saw that Greg Valentine was going to be in there… I had the fire in my eyes. Greg Valentine… everyone knows you and I have got a history and I think it is time that we settle this. Los Angeles… we are going to tear it down brother and I am walking away the KING!

*COMMERCIAL*

Tony Atlas vs The Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan

-A really fun main event tonight as we have got some serious action with Atlas taking on the Barbarian. Some fun power and strength between both men and of course the Brain is getting involved when he can. Here comes Haku as Atlas begins to take complete control. We see Haku try to get involved but then we see the Bulldogs come out. Haku backs off and then gives us a chance to see Barb take control and then go for the powerslam but Atlas jumps off his back and runs him into the turnbuckle followed by a school boy for the 3 count! Atlas jumps out of the ring and joins the Bulldogs as Heenan isn’t happy with this development. The Bulldogs and Atlas are celebrating while Heenan isn’t happy about this. We will see what happens with these guys in the future.

WWF Live 1/13

Chicago, IL – UIC Pavilion

MAIN EVENT

ELIMINATION TAG

Hulk Hogan, Tony Atlas, & Randy Savage defeated Roddy Piper, Bob Orton, & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs defeated The Russians © via Count Out

Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Jake Roberts & Tito Santana – Roberts left the ring and did not return

Blackjack Mulligan (sub for Sam Houston) defeated Ron Bass

David Sammartino defeated Barry Horowitz

WWF on Tour

Pittsfield, MA - Boy's Club

Springfield, MA - Civic Center

Landover, MD - Capital Centre

David Sammartino defeated Brady Boone

Jake Roberts defeated Victor Rivera

King Kong Bundy defeated Tony Atlas

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs defeated The Russians © via DQ

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Bob Orton Jr via DQ when Roddy Piper interferred

WWF on Tour

Salisbury, MD - Wicomico Youth & Civic Center

Holyoke, MA - Boys Club

Skowhegan, ME – Civic Center

The Hart Foundation defeated the Youngbloods

Brutus Beefcake defeated Jim Brunzell

Tito Santana defeated Greg Valentine via Count Out

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Ron Bass

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

David Sammartino vs Masked Marauder

-A nice showcase contest here for Sammartino but something seems to be going different here. The Masked Man is a little tougher than Sammartino was ready for and he is bringing the fight. We then see him pull something out of his tights and he CRACKS Sammartino! Wait a minute… the Masked man jumps on him and just hammers away as Sammartino is busted wide open! The crowd is shocked right now as referees come down and try to pull him off. When they do, it is revealed that it is… Larry Zbyszko! What in the world is he doing here?

LarryZbyszko.jpg

*COMMERCIAL*

Sam Houston defeated Ken Raper

-Sam Houston picks up a big win here tonight and we hear from Ron Bass in an inset promo. He talks about being the one true outlaw of the WWF and he is going run off that tenderfoot Sam Houston and show the world why he is the toughest cowboy around!

*COMMERCIAL*

KING OF THE RING EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the WWF event center, I am Gene Okerlund. Fans we are just weeks away from the big King of the Ring Tournament. It is going to be a one night, eight-man, single elimination tournament with the winner becoming the King of the Ring! Now we had planned for David Sammartino to be part of the King of the Ring, but from the sounds of it, that may be in question. We will have more on that tomorrow night. Right now, let’s hear from some of the competitors!

Ron Bass: I told all you cowpokes out there earlier tonight that I am going to take a beating to that good for nothing tenderfoot, Sam Houston! I am going to put you down Houston and put you down hard… but first… I am going to win me some gold! I am going for that treasure chest… I am going for that crown… that scepter… I am coming away with all of it and I am the only one fit to be the King!

Jimmy Hart: (w/Greg Valentine) Oh man oh man Hammer, when I heard I got two picks in the King of the Ring I went wild baby. I know Bret is going to have a tough first match and I know yours will be too baby… but I know either one of you can be the King!

Greg Valentine: I am not as worried about being the King a I am about getting my hands on Tito Santana. Listen to me Santana… I hope I get you first round so that I can take any and all hope away from you and show you why they call me the Hammer!

Randy Savage: (w/ Elizabeth) What goes best with this Intercontinental Championship? How about a Queen… huh… the first lady of professional wrestling Ms. Elizabeth. Ms. Elizabeth I am giving you this title to hold on to so that I can go out there for the King of the Ring and I can win a crown and become a King fit for my Queen! Look out all of those in my path… my journey to the top of the WWF Kingdom is paved in my Intercontinental Gold and I am coming to pillage and plunder all in my way… OHHHH YEAH!

Mean Gene: Fans like I said, we will have word on David Sammartino tomorrow on WWF Superstars…. I hope WWF officials give Larry Z a serious fine or perhaps a suspension for his behavior. Tomorrow on Superstars we will also see the bracket for the King of the Ring and see just who will be facing whom! Plus we will also hear from King Kong Bundy on his World Heavyweight Championship match with Hulk Hogan!!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Johnny Rivera & Terry Daniels

-A good match up for the Hart Foundation who continue to shine in the WWF Tag Team Division. There are rumblings about them being the number one contenders and the first in line to face off with the winners at the King of the Ring. We will see how that works out for these two but tonight, they handle their opponents with ease for the 3 count.

*COMMERCIAL*

The British Bulldogs defeated Bart Sawyer & Bob Bradley

-What a way to kick things off here tonight with the British Bulldogs who look to be in the best shape of their lives. They tear these guys apart while Gorilla and Bobby put over how they will be primed and ready for that big tag team title championship match against the Russians and they have the advantage with the 2/3 Falls!