Pro Wrestling Only

WWF On Tour January 1985

LowBlowPodcast

WWF ON TOUR

1 – 19 - 1985

Boston, MA – The Boston Garden

MAIN EVENT

10-MAN - 3 OUT OF 5 FALLS

Hulk Hogan, Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, & The British Bulldogs defeated King Kong Bundy, Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, & The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart & Bobby Heenan

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Ron Bass

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated The Killer Bees

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza defeated Pat Kelly

-A great little showcase for Ron Bass who has got Jack Lanza out with him. Both of these guys are decked out in their black attire as they each get to work on Kelly… Bass inside and then Lanza outside the ring. In the end we see a nasty heart punch and then a BULLDOG for the 1…2…3 and Bass is the winner! We hear him yelling for Sam Houston who he will face right here next week on Superstars!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated Tony Falk

-Vince and Jesse try to figure out Jake Roberts who is a complete anomaly to them and how he has acted over recent weeks. They talk about his contest at the King of the Ring and how he could be a true underdog for the crown. Tonight he destroys Falk, hits the DDT, and gets the victory.

*COMMERCIAL*

KING OF THE RING EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the WWF Event Center, I am Gene Okerlund. Fans we are a mere two weeks away from the King of the Ring and already we have got a shake up as we saw Larry Z attack David Sammartino last night on Wrestling Challenge and put him out of action. Sammartino had to get staples in his head and got a concussion and may not be able to wrestle for quite sometime. Larry Z of course was ecstatic about the situation saying that this was payback for his father. Could Bruno come out of retirement to avenge his son? Time will tell. What we do know that Sammartino is out of the King of the Ring and there will be a battle royal next week on Wrestling Challenge to determine who will go in his spot. The other big question on everyone’s mind is the bracket… let’s take a look at how things were drawn out…

BRACKET

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Bret Hart w/ Jimmy Hart

Jake Roberts vs Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

BATTLE ROYAL WINNER vs The Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan

Mean Gene: I dare say that none of these 7-men have a clear road to the top, especially with that Battle Royal winner being the wildcard. Also on that night, it will be 2 out of 3 falls for the World Tag Team Championship when the British Bulldogs take on The Russians. Plus, we will see a special Heavyweight Championship match with Hulk Hogan defending against King Kong Bundy… here is the weasel, I mean the Brain, Bobby Heenan with his challenger.

Bobby Heenan: (w/ Bundy) I think all you humanoids out there are warped. You guys have all been drinking a little too much of the orange Kool-Aid if you will. You are believing in this guy… Hulk Hogan. Well Hogan… never before have you met a match like this man. This man weighs over 400 pounds Hulk Hogan. This man doesn’t just beat men for a 3 count, but for a 5 count Hulk Hogan. This man is the NEXT… the NEXT Heavyweight Champion of the World Hulk Hogan. You see Hogan, I know in the back of your mind you have got Roddy Piper. He is there… poking and picking at you. He knows just how to get you where he wants…

King Kong Bundy: Hulk Hogan… you better pay attention right now boy… you hold on to that title tight because it is coming to me! It is fitting this is called the King of the Ring because KING KONG BUNDY is walking out with the title!

*COMMERCIAL*

Tony Atlas defeated Bob Scott

-Big Tony Atlas looks good here tonight and he is throwing Scott all over the ring. We see him hit the huge powerslam. Then he picked him up for a huge press slam and finishes him off with the 1…2….3!

*COMMERCIAL*

hqdefault.jpg

Piper’s PIT

Roddy Piper: You know for a couple of weeks I have come out here and I have called out Hulk Hogan. I didn’t know he was such a slimy rat that he wouldn’t dare show up and accept my challenge. You know something Hulk Hogan, I think it is time to make a true example out of you. Next week Hulk Hogan… I am going to be in the middle of that ring and I am challenging you to come out and face me. Hogan if you don’t come out… everyone is going to know you are as yellow as that t-shirt you wear. Everyone is going to know that you are not a world champion but the world’s biggest chicken! Hogan… next week… you come to pay the Piper and if you don’t pay… you don’t play… got me?!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Russians vs The Youngbloods

-A nice main event here with the Youngbloods coming together… but it is Jay Youngblood who even gets close on Ivan with a crucifix but nothing doing. The finish sees Nikita take Mark’s head off with a Russian Sickle for the 1….2….3! Jay looked good but not good enough as the Russians continue to make their mark in the tag division.

WWF ON TOUR

1-20-1985

Miami, FL – Knight Center

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Bob Orton via DQ when Roddy Piper interfered

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated the Killer Bees

Randy Savage © defeated King Kong Bundy via count out

The British Bulldogs vs The Hart Foundation went to a 20-minute draw

Jake Roberts defeated SD Jones

WWF On Tour

1/23 – 1/25

Long Island, NY – Nassau Coliseum

Troy, NY - RPI Fieldhouse

Erie, PA - Civic Center

The Youngbloods defeated Los Conquistadors

Sam Houston defeated Ron Bass via DQ

Larry Z defeated SD Jones

Roddy Piper w/ Bob Orton defeated Tony Atlas

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heena via DQ

WWF on Tour

1/23 – 1/25

Scranton, PA – CYC

Johnstown, PA - Cambria County War Memorial

Concord, NH - Douglas Everitt Center

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart vs The Killer Bees went to a 20-minute draw

Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Pez Whatley

Tito Santana defeated Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart via Count Out

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs defeated The Russians © in a 2/3 Falls match but didn’t win the titles with the 3rd fall being a DQ

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hershypark Arena

Larry Z defeated Sonny King

-Our first real look at Larry Z who just beats the piss out of Sonny King. We see him work the knee and the back before nailing a nice piledriver for the 3 count. Larry Z also has an inset interview in which he talks about winning the battle royal tonight in order to take David’s spot in the King of the Ring. He says the time of the Sammartino’s has come and gone and he is going to put an end to the Family once and for all.

*COMMERCIAL*

The Youngbloods defeated Tony Falk & Bob Scott

-A pretty good little showcase for Mark and Jay Youngblood. They are struggling as a unit, but we do see Jay Youngblood really rise to the top. We see a fun finish with Mark Youngblood backdropping Falk as Jay Youngblood comes down with a nasty chop right to the throat for the 1…2….3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated Pat Kelly

-We continue to see a weird side of Jake Roberts. Gorilla and Bobby try to figure him out but they talk about how there is really no rhyme or reason for his behavior but he can get it done in the ring with a nasty DDT for the 3 count.

*COMMERCIAL*

The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Steve Simpson & Terry Daniels

-A glowing victory for Bret and the Anvil who continue to show they are at the top of their game. We see them hit the Hart Attack on Daniels and almost take his head off. Jimmy Hart has his men primed… could the Anvil earn a spot in the King of the Ring? We find out when we return.

*COMMERCIAL*

KING OF THE RING BATTLE ROYAL

Tony Atlas, Larry Z, Brian Blair, Jim Brunzell, Brutus Beefcake, Jim Neidhart, SD Jones, Pez Whatley, Mark Youngblood, Jay Youngblood, and Conquistador I, II, & III

-A fun battle royal with some stakes on the line here. We get to see a nice little feud between the Killer Bees and Beefcake and Neidhart start up. Tony Atlas looks like a man beast in there, tossing guys out right and left as we see this battle royal wain down. It comes down to Jay Youngblood, Tony Atlas, Larry Z, Brutus, and the Anvil. We get some fun back and forth before it comes to a big double clothesline by Atlas that takes Brutus and Neidhart to the floor! On the other side of the ring, Larry runs over and tosses Atlas! Jay Youngblood runs but Larry ducks and pulls the rope down and Youngblood goes over the top and Larry thinks he’ won it. He starts to strut around before we see David Sammartino run down to the ring with his head bandaged! He is screaming at Larry who gets up on the middle turnbuckle and starts to jaw jack with him. The problem with this is that Jay Youngblood gets back in the ring and runs and dropkicks Larry over the top to the floor! OH MY! Jay Youngblood has won it! He gets his spot in the King of the Ring and Larry Z is IRATE! Gorilla and Bobby can’t believe this as he says that the Barbarian is going to make minced meat with Youngblood next week!

WWF ON TOUR

Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Spectrum

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan via Count Out!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Roddy Piper & Bob Orton defeated Tony Atlas & Jake Roberts – Jake Roberts left Atlas

Tito Santana & The British Bulldogs defeated Greg Valentine & The Hart Foundation

Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart defeated SD Jones

Larry Z defeated Pez Whatley

Sam Houston defeated Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza via DQ

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hershypark Arena

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Bart Sawyer

-The Intercontinental Champion kicks us off here tonight with some nice action. Elizabeth looks amazing as always and the Macho Man has it all together inside the ring. We see the huge flying elbow drop for the victory. He has an inset interview in which he talks about being Royalty and how he is the Macho Man and could become the Macho King when he wins the King of the Ring… DIG IT!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Killer Bees defeated Los Conquistadors

-A really good showcase for the Bees who are really coming together as a team. Vince and Jesse put them over in a big way and talk about a possible shot at the champions down the line. We see the Killer Bee with both me hitting flying shoulder blocks for the 1…2….3!

*COMMERCIAL*

Bob Orton Jr defeated SD Jones

-The Ace, Cowboy Bob comes out with the Hot Rod. He handles SD with little to not problem and then hits the piledriver for the 3 count. We then have Piper get on the microphone and start to run down Hulk Hogan. He is running him through the ringer and just berating him with every word. Jesse just loves it up with every syllable. Piper says that if Hogan wasn’t such a coward, he would come out right now and face him… just then we hear the music hit and the crowd goes absolutely WILD! The problem is that who comes out… isn’t Hulk Hogan. It is some skinny guy impersonating Hogan. Piper is running him down and talking about the “gardener snakes” instead of pythons. Piper then asks Hogan to challenge him and the actor goes after him but Piper ducks and then he throws him to the ropes and hits the big boot followed by the leg drop. Piper rips his shirt off like Hogan and the crowd is just going nuts throwing things at him!

*COMMERCIAL*

KING OF THE RING EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the WWF Event Center, I am Gene Okerlund. Fans it was just last night that history was made… it was Jay Youngblood who walked into that huge King of the Ring battle royal and eliminated Larry Z to earn the spot of a lifetime at a chance to change his career forever… let’s hear from Youngblood…

Jay Youngblood: I gotta tell you something man… I would have never guessed it. I have not had the best string of luck in the WWF but this… this is the moment that changes that for the future. I am looking to turn this win into a streak… a streak that could take me right to the King of the WWF! In my native culture, we don’t have kings and queens but rather chiefs and brother I don’t need a crown, I don’t need a scepter, all I need is the respect and the best way to get that is to earn it and I am going to do that in Los Angeles, so look out!

Mean Gene: Looks like Youngblood is ready and rearing to go. He of course has to face the Barbarian … that is no easy task. Let’s take a look at the bracket one more time…

First Round

Randy Savage vs Bret Hart

Jake Roberts vs Ron Bass

Tito Santana vs Greg Valentine

Jay Youngblood vs Barbarian

Mean Gene: Also on that card we’re going to see the big two out of three falls match with the British Bulldogs taking on the Russians. It is going to be a huge contest and anything could happen. Plus we will see a big contest with Hulk Hogan defending the World Championship against King Kong Bundy. Hulk Hogan sent us this special video from Japan.

Hulk Hogan: You know I have got my blood flowing man… it is going 1000 miles per hour right now in my veins. I am ready to just explode! On one hand, I got that big, ugly, ape King Kong Bundy. On the other hand, I got the Hot Scott, Roddy Piper. Brother I could go either way on it and if I could… I would put the both of them in the ring and be rid of the two of them with no questions asked dude. Let me first say this… King Kong Bundy. On February the 2nd, you and me brother, we are going to do the thing right there in Los Angeles brother. They call it the King of the Ring and there may be a crown, but brother right here is the crown jewel and there is no way I am giving it up. Roddy Piper… I think it is time that you and I have a little discussion brother. You wanna run me down, you want to run down the Hulkamaniacs, that’s where I draw the line brother. I think that next week, if you’ve got what it takes, I am going to be here on Superstars in living color and if you got what it takes, come on down and let me know what you think and WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!

*COMMERCIAL*

Sam Houston vs Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

-A pretty nice little main event here with some name guys and a feud that has been brewing. The problem comes down to Ron Bass beating the living piss out of Sam Houston but Houston continues to fight back. He brings everything he has got and Vince and Jesse can’t believe it. The real problem is when Houston goes outside the ring and Jack Lanza NAILS HIM with a heavy right hand and busts Houston wide open! Bass pulls him back in the ring and just goes to town on his forehead. Sam continues to fight but really nothing doing and then we see a pair of brainbusters and Houston is barely able to move but continues to try and get up until Bass runs with a flying knee, right to his skull and that is it as the referee calls for the bell. Houston is out of it as Bass is still kicking him. Then we see Jack Lanza come in and do the same! Houston is in a bad way. Wait just a moment….

Blackjack-Mulligan.jpg

-BLACKJACK MULLIGAN RUNS DOWN TO THE RING! He gets in and pushes Bass and Lanza away. They back out of the ring and the big Blackjack is looking to throw hands but Bass things twice as he exits the ring. Vince and Jesse put this through the roof as we fade out!

WWF ON TOUR

Houston, TX – Sam Houston Coliseum

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan © defeated Bob Orton w/ Roddy Piper via DQ

SIX-MAN TAG

Andre the Giant & The Machines vs Bundy, Haku, & Barbarian w/ Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

FOUR-WAY MATCH

The Russians © defeated the Bulldogs, The Harts, & The Killer Bees

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart in a grueling 29-minute match

Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

WWF on Tour

1/30 -2/1

New Haven, CT – Coliseum

Hartford, CT - Civic Center

Wayne, NJ – William Paterson College

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Bob Orton w/ Roddy Piper

Andre the Giant & The Machines defeated King Kong Bundy & The Faces of Fear

Roddy Piper defeated Tony Atlas

Jake Roberts defeated Mark Youngblood

Larry Z defeated Jay Youngblood

WWF on Tour

1/30 -2/1

Manchester, NH - JFK Coliseum

South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod Coliseum

Canton, MA - Metropolis Skating Rink

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage © w/ Elizabeth defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart went to a 20-minute draw

Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Tito Santana

Blackjack Mulligan & Sam Houston defeated Ron Bass & Jack Lanza