Pro Wrestling Only

Between the Sheets #76 (December 28, 1990-January 3, 1991)

KrisZ

bts76.jpg
Kris & David are guestless this week discussing the week that was December 28, 1990-January 3, 1991. We talk about the return of Dusty Rhodes to WCW and the return of WCW talent to Family Feud. We also talk about Eddie Gilbert possibly leaving Memphis and the first TV tapings for a Joe Pedicino led group in Dallas. We also talk about Joe Pedicino’s wedding and the birth of International World Class Championship Wrestling. Plus we close out with Bobby Heenan being popped for weed on an airplane. This is a damn fun show so check it out!!!!
Timestamps:
0:00:00 WCW
0:41:05 Int’l: NJPW, RINGS, EMLL, & UWA
0:52:59 Classic Commercial Break
0:56:53 Housekeeping & The Amazon Game
1:30:44 USWA: Memphis & Dallas
2:02:54 The Three Ps: Portland, Pedicino, & Potpourri
2:25:36 WWF
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at https://patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
Or for our Amazon referral link, go to tinyurl.com/btsamazon

To subscribe, look for us on iTunes, Google Play, and more, or paste feeds.feedburner.com/btsheets into your favorite podcast app using its “add feed manually” option

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-76-december-28th-1990-january-3rd-1991/

I'm a little confused by this week's WCW results from Philadelphia. Kris says the show took place at Pennsylvania Hall, and not the Civic Center, but I think Pennsylvania Hall was part of the Civic Center, and Graham lists this show as taking place at the Civic Center, so I tend to think that Dave might have been mistaken and that this actually took place at the Civic Center. I only remember this because I went to one show at the Civic Center (I won free tickets through Philly 57 by being the 10th caller or whatever) and being confused because there were signs for both PA Hall and the Civic Center, which turned out to be the same building.