Pro Wrestling Only

2017 Wrestling Resolutions

soup23

* Do a complete review of all the Promo Azteca '96-'98 with Paul

* Continue work on the special writing project that we have planned for release by the end of 2017

* Debut the "rare" match streaming service

* Go through 1997-2006 to look for hidden gems

* Continue to watch BT Jr's handhelds

I just looked at my 2016 resolutions and it was a wild ride that I was unable to acomplish hardly none of.

Here is my 2017 offering:

1. Finish the year 2000 of viewing by end of 2017

2. Do 10 episodes of WTBBP

3. Watch the highly pimped stuff of 2017 that gets around ****+ from people I respect. This is the toughest one as I feel it is a real elitist approach but with me wanting to really commit to PWO2K, this is a casualty that has to be made where *** matches are no longer "good enough"

4. Don't let wrestling consume me to where I place it above my family and career.

Follow along with the lucha from the PWO2000 project.

Write more in my blog, including weekly lucha recaps, and everything about Style Battle.

Put up a Pro-Wrestling Super Show the week of the major four WWE ppvs.

Review a lot of Villano III matches.

- Start the podcast I have in mind about viewers' emotional connection to wrestling.

- Finish Puerto Rico.

- Lead some discussion on the 2001 Indies compilations that are back in circulation.

- Watch some WWE from my dead zone (2003-2007).

- Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles career projects.

Throw out wrestling DVDs that I will never watch again ( I've already started and up to around 150).

Go to more AAW shows here in Chicago. I was disappointed in the November show, but I did enjoy a show prior in the summer with my wife.

Continue listening to podcasts while at work such as 6:05, Pritchard and Exile.

Sign up for NWA on Demand. My time is so limited which is still my hold up. I just have to make it worth my while. Maybe cut out YouTube watching and replace it with this?

Keep an eye out for wrestling programs/magazines I can add to my collection. Really haven't bought much in the last few years due to lack of seeing anything I want.

1.) Finish PR set (I've got one more match to watch on Disc 2). Write up all the matches on SC.

2.) Watch PWO2K matches that Loss suggests for me. Write them up here.

3.) Continue to watch NWAOnDemand matches and briefly write them up with Pete and co. on the thread.

4.) Redeem Big John Studd as a strong stooging heel who unfortunately came along in a period where people undervalued working and overvalued workrate.

5.) Maybe watch some Sami Callihan matches? Otherwise try to avoid indy wrestling for the sake of my sanity.

6.) Track down the IWE Bockwinkel footage and watch it, even if that means spending money on DVDs.

Finish two 80s sets (Lucha and All Japan)

Purchase the 80s sets I don't have

See lots of indy shows

Keep up with more indy wrestling

Double the matches I have rated on my little spread sheets

Spend at least a month really exploring NWA on Demand

I likely will get to half of this stuff... but its all worth a shot.

1. Something I did last year was go to 20 live shows. I want to bump it up a bit. I want to go to SCI 2017, and make a CWF-Mid Atlantic show.

2. Continue to be one of the biggest cheerleaders of NWA ON DEMAND

3. Keep on plugging away on the nomination of the Crockett set .

4. Get more Titans shows out this year.

5. Log all my 4* matches

1. More 80's sets - In a little over a year I completed Memphis, AWA, and Portland - I am on disc 10 off All Japan, and Mid-South is on the way. I want to complete those and probably PR and New Japan and/or Lucha this year.

2. Knockout another yearbook - On top of all those 80s sets, I also completed the 1990 YB in 2016, so my plan is to knockout 1991 this year.

3. Check out more highly pimped stuff from the indies

4. NWA ON DEMAND

5. Watch more Lawler from the 70s and any Bock I can find

6. Oh yeah, and adding completing the top 500 matches of the 90s viewing... I'm working my way backwards.... I'm in the 360's I believe now...

I'm currently watching/re-watching highly regarded stuff to figure out a list of 5 star & 4 3/4 star matches for that thread. I want to finish that.

Finally watch the PDX Set that I keep putting off.

Watch any other potential 80s sets that might be released this year (fingers crossed).

Really dive into European Wrestling. I've watched a few things lately and not-surprisingly really dig it. The French Catch stuff I especially want to watch since that Cesca vs Catanzaro match was earth shattering. WOS I'm excited for but I don't know if I can watch any Young David matches. Its too much of a mindfuck looking at that guy before the steroids.

I also kinda want to run through as much or all of CMLL TV from 2000-2003ish most of which I got to watch at the time and was the best wrestling in the world at the time.

1. Focus on the 80's sets and yearbooks.

2. Go to the SCI and attend more shows in South Florida.

3. Cut out wrestling that doesn't interest me( Pretty much stopped watching Puro and AAA. I'm watching less and less of Raw these days. Smackdown/205/Talking Smack is good enough for me).

4. Watch more indies on the Highspots network( Got into AAW and PWX because of the network. Might start watching WXW)

My only goal for 2017 is to finish my 1990's project, which started back in 2012. It's going to finish this year no matter what. I'll decide on my top 900 matches of the decade and then close that chapter of my journey (or something like that). My goals for 2018 and 2019 are to watch nothing from the 90's.

I've got 40-50 matches left from 1997 so that should get finished in early February (Tennis Grand Slams = No time for wrestling). Then I've got the whole of 1995 to sink my teeth into. Yeah I'm going to finish in the middle. Bring on the Broadways and bad gimmicks.

I'll put reviews up here on PWO for every match in my top 900. I'm sure I can locate the 'Start New Topic' button if I look hard enough.

I'll watch some other stuff as well and possibly start another insane project.

I was planning to follow along with the lucha parts of the PWO2k thing but then I couldn't find a lot of that stuff on the tubes so I guess I won't be doing that.

I want to start watching more lucha as I do generally enjoy it even though I really only watched the lucha 80s set and then a bunch of stuff around GWE to figure out which lucha guys I'd definitely have on my ballot. I don't know if I'll try to follow along with the modern product although it seems like CMLL is fairly easy to follow along with and I've seen some praise for their weekly Friday shows.