Pro Wrestling Only

2017 Wrestling Resolutions

soup23

1. Get my podcast off the ground, which is mostly getting things coordinated with my cohost and getting my own ass into gear for that. Hopeful to be up and running within a month or two.

2. Travel to see some wrestling this year. I want to make it down south to see at least a show or two. I got married last year, which took up so much of my time, and with that now complete, it's time to have some fun and see some shows this year. Really hoping to make this happen.

1. Get my ass to a live show. It's been five or six years, at least. Raw is coming through Detroit, but I'd rather hit Smackdown or a house show. Hopefully, NXT rolls through. RoH comes through pretty often, and depending on who's on the card, I'll hit that up. I've heard good things about one of the local indies around here, so maybe that.

2. Watch the rest of the Portland set.

1. Continue progressing through 80s sets, Yearbooks and the other viewing projects that keep things diverse when mixed in around the current product. Don't fall off!

2. In early 2016 BJW and related smaller promotions became a regular part of my viewing. Some of the most consistently great wrestling I saw last year was from Ishikawa, Okabayashi and the like across numerous promotions. Absolutely going to stay on top of this crew and make sure to catch everything of theirs that makes tape.

3. In late 2016 I realized that modern joshi has a lot to offer. Still playing a bit of catch up, but determined to stay on top of the best from Stardom, Sendai & co. throughout 2017.

4. Take a look at more wrestlers & promotions across the spectrum & world whenever anything intriguing pops up. But if something isn't for me, don't stick with it for too long. There's too much good wrestling happening on a regular basis to get too bogged down in styles or workers that I don't care for. Its really amazing just how many good workers are out there and how much makes tape.

I ended up not posting in the '16 thread, but the resolutions I did complete were: submit a GWE ballot, follow ROH closely and write/speak on the promotion, and expand out from usual WWE viewing (so much so that I essentially stopped watching even the PPVs).

This year:

1. Submit a VOW 2016 MOTY Ballot

2. Complete the ROH: 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever project

3. PWO2K participation

4. Watching all NJPW big shows this year (2 for 2 so far) and actively follow the promotion

5. Continue keeping up with ROH/PWG as well

6. Get a general working knowledge of CMLL and its roster as the cross promotion with NJPW and ROH continues

1. Watch the 80s Puerto Rico and Portland sets -- the fall of 2016 didn't leave me with any time for focused wrestling viewing. Knocked out half of disc 1 tonight, so that's a start.

2. Dive into Tamura. I didn't get around to any shoot style watching for the GWE, but within a week or two after the voting, I watched a few Tamura matches and fell in love. Immediately ordered a comp, then life got in the way of making it past disc 2.

3. Give NWA On Demand a month long tryout.

1) Track & Rate every match I watch this year

2) Finish my Wrestling Board/Card game that I've been working on for decades

3) Read the Observer front to back each week in a timely manner

4) Get to Long Beach to see New Japan in July

5) Watch less current Raw and more 80's Territories