Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale January 1985

SirEdger

Well, I want my territory to be unpredictable and keep readers on their toes. And I think I've been pretty successful so far! ;)

And this is just the smallest criticism of the segment is that we only get the result. Any little extra makes me buy in more than just the result. Whatever you can add to shed light on that is going to keep me hooked into the story other than thinking that 1. Bock was in the opening match and 2. Bock lost to Sika. With just 1 and 2, it is like this former WWF champion (in our game) is nothing. If you give me the rhyme or reason as to "how" he lost, then I buy in more and see what is going on with his character.

Again... small little point.

I try to do it with my results on the big shows if a loss is meaningful, I will add a little something extra as to why on the end.

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

January 19th, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we join Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier at the broadcast booth to open this week’s show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to NWA Lutte Internationale TV. Some high intensity last week as our main event ended with quite the staredown between Rick Martel and Alexis Smirnoff, but also Nick Bockwinkel, who gave the NWA International Heavyweight Champion an unexpected assist in the match, helping him to win the match. As we went off the air, we were left wondering what were Nick Bockwinkel’s motivations.

Édouard Carpentier: And unfortunately, one week later, we still don’t know what were those motivations and it doesn’t look like we’ll learn more this week since none of those men are here with us today.

Guy Hauray: No, they’re not but in our main event, Dino Bravo is back in action for the first time since he won $50,000 in the battle royal at Starrcade, splitting the purse with his friend Andre the Giant as he’ll go one-on-one with Carlos Colon in what should be a scientific showdown between two very gifted athletes.

Édouard Carpentier : Yes but how about our opening contest this week? We’ll see the TV debut of an exciting newcomer called Sting right here on NWA Lutte Internationale!

Guy Hauray: Indeed, Eddie, one of the hottest young stars in pro wrestling today will be in action momentarily and he has already scored a win early in his career against one half of the NWA International Heavyweight Champions Gino Brito just recently! Can he roll on with the momentum? That’s what we’ll find out in our opening bout!

Match #1

Sting vs Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette)

The crowd is obviously already enamored with the youngster as Sting makes an immediate connection with the studio audience from the start. The broadcast booth mentions that his victory over Gino Brito impressed a lot of people in the NWA Board of Directors recently and as a result, they granted Sting an NWA US Championship Match against Magnum TA at Maple Leaf Gardens one week from today. However, the jitters seem to be apparent for Sting as he made a couple of mistakes, allowing Dennis Condrey to capitalize and taking control. Of course, Jim Cornette isn’t too far behind to give Sting a couple of cheapshots behind the referee’s back. Sting is however able to regain some momentum after a missed leg drop by Condrey. Sting is about to win the match with the Stinger Splash but Condrey ducks and Sting hits the turnbuckle hard. He staggers in front of Condrey and Condrey hits his Full Nelson Facebuster to secure the win. The broadcast booth questions how much this will affect Sting’s chances in his US title match vs Magnum TA next week in Toronto.

Winner: Dennis Condrey

********COMMERCIAL BREAK + PROMO AD FOR MAPLE LEAF GARDENS JANUARY 26TH EVENT****

JANUARY 26TH CARD:

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT

NWA INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Rick Martel © vs Carlos Colon

NWA UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH

Magnum TA © vs Sting

Samu (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Dory Funk Jr

The Spoiler vs Butcher Vachon (w/Frenchy Martin)

Baron Von Raschke vs Chicky Starr

Luke Williams vs Sika

Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) vs NWA International Tag Team Champion Gino Brito

Match #2

The Missing Link vs Bob Dellaserra (w/Gino Dellaserra)

This is the first appearance for the Dellaserras on NWA Lutte Internationale TV and unfortunately for Bob, he didn’t draw the best number. The Missing Link is merciless towards his opponent, still fuming about the recent events at Starrcade and not long ago vs The Great Kokina. Bob’s brother, Gino, tries to interfere but Link brings Gino in the ring and this turns into an impromptu Handicap Match. Link hits both Dellaserras with the Final Solution, pinning both men at the same time.

Winner: The Missing Link

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK + PROMO AD FOR JANUARY 27TH CARD AT CENTRE PAUL-SAUVÉ****

JANUARY 27TH CARD:

TRIPLE MAIN EVENT

NWA UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Magnum TA © vs NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau

NWA INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Rick Martel © vs Gilles Poisson

NWA INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Mad Dog Lefebvre © (w/Frenchy Martin) vs Prof. Toru Tanaka (w/Mr. Fuji)

GRUDGE MATCH

GUEST REFEREE – Maurice Richard

Randy Rose vs NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau

Jim Cornette will be handcuffed to Montreal Canadiens player Chris Nilan

Butcher Vachon (w/Frenchy Martin) vs Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel)

Dory Funk Jr vs Sheik Ali (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

+ Nord the Barbarian, Samu, Alexis Smirnoff and more!

Match #3

Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) vs The Spoiler

The broadcast team discusses the recent shakeup within The Sensationals as Eddie Gilbert & Doug Somers left NWA Lutte Internationale while Terry Taylor, Rip Oliver & Bob Sweetan joined the group. Robinson doesn’t seem too affected by all the chaos surrounding The Sensationals in the last few weeks as he controls the opening moments of the match. But The Spoiler is a crafty veteran and is able to reverse the situation and gains some control himself during the match. In fact, The Spoiler is cruising towards a victory with his dreaded Iron Claw. Sherri Martel senses she needs to act and climbs on the ring apron to distract referee Adrien Desbois. That then allows Terry Taylor to sneak in the ring, chair in hand, and whack The Spoiler in the back! The Spoiler goes down and Taylor drapes Robinson’s arm on the Spoiler’s prone chest. Sherri did her dirty work and steps down the apron as referee Adrien Desbois counts the pinfall and awards the match to Billy Robinson.

Winner: Billy Robinson

(As the match ends, the Sensational trio of Sherri Martel, Billy Robinson & Terry Taylor go to the broadcast booth.)

Édouard Carpentier: Sherri Martel, not the most honourable way to win a match and quite frankly, I don’t even know why I’m asking that question!

Sherri Martel: Well, if you don’t know why you’re asking the question, why did you do it anyway? The fact and the matter is this; a win is a win at any cost and if you thought that The Sensationals were already derailed, you were dead wrong. This match proved it right here: Billy Robinson is still at the top of his game and it’s a matter of time before we get back what’s rightfully ours and that’s the NWA International Tag Team Championships!

Édouard Carpentier: Sherri, I can’t help but ask you about the actions of Nick Bockwinkel last week, as he assisted Rick Martel in the main event to make him win the match. Do you still want Bockwinkel to be a part of your Sensationals?

Sherri Martel: Listen, old man, Nick Bockwinkel knows a good business deal when he sees it. He’s the smartest man in this industry and even if I don’t understand why he did what he did last week, I know that in the end, he’ll be joining me and The Sensationals. But enough about Nick Bockwinkel, let’s talk about Magnum TA!

Édouard Carpentier: Magnum TA?

Terry Taylor: Yeah, sir, Magnum TA. See, there’s some big hoopla about Magnum TA coming out here and defending his US Heavyweight Championship against Sting in Toronto and the following night against Raymond Rougeau in Montreal. Well, guess what...I looked at the schedule and it dawned on me that both Magnum TA & I have a free night on January 25. And ironically enough, the show is in Brampton, Ontario and I know for a fact that Mr. Frank Valois is looking to boost that mini-show of his with a suitable main event. Mr. Valois, look no more, I got your main event right here. I want a piece of Magnum TA! And I’m gonna give you the main event of a lifetime in Brampton. If Magnum TA is the champion he says he is, then he’ll accept my challenge and show up in Brampton to put his title on the line. And I’m not gonna apologize for screwing up your plans, Mr. Valois because I’m gonna walk out of Brampton the new NWA US Heavyweight Champion. But you should be happy because you’re gonna gain a....sensational new champion!

(The Sensationals walk out of the broadcast booth, visibly confident about what’s coming next for them)

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK******

Guy Hauray: Before our main event, we just received some breaking news during the commercial break. Frank Valois was able to get in touch with NWA US Heavyweight Champion Magnum TA and he accepted Terry Taylor’s challenge for January 25 in Brampton, Ontario. So on that night, Magnum TA will be defending the NWA United States Heavyweight Championship against Terry Taylor. This match will be preceded by a confrontation between Alexis Smirnoff and Butcher Vachon. Don’t miss this! But now, we’re ready for our main event so let’s get to ringside.

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

Carlos Colon vs Dino Bravo

The broadcast team reminds us again that this is Dino Bravo’s first TV match since Starrcade and him splitting the purse for the Interpromotional Battle Royal that night. Bravo seems to have a chip on his shoulder and doesn’t waste time showing it to Carlos Colon. The broadcast team also plugs the Caribbean Connection being headed to Japan for the IWGP Tag Festival in February. As mentioned, Bravo is showing an aggressive side but Carlos Colon isn’t impressed and matches Bravo move for move, strike for strike. The match nears the 10-minute mark towards the end of the show and Carlos Colon is able to gain control and hits a piledriver on Dino Bravo. Colon then drags Bravo in the middle of the ring and is about to end the match with the Figure Four Leglock but Dino sticks his thumb in Colon’s eyes! Colon is momentarily blinded and Bravo rolls up Carlos Colon...and holds his tights! Referee Luigi Macera is out of position and don’t see Bravo’s cheap tactics, allowing him to secure the victory! Dino Bravo refuses to get his hand raised by the referee and he immediately goes to the broadcast booth. The mics are now turned off but as the show is about to go off the air, we understand that the fiery Italian isn’t necessarily happy with how things are now going in NWA Lutte Internationale...

Winner: Dino Bravo

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

January 19th, 1985

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal

-Rip Oliver (w/Sherri Martel) beat Baron Von Raschke in 7:55

-Chicky Starr beat The Missing Link in 9:21

-Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Spoiler in 16:57

-Fatu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Hercules Ayala in 7:32 after Fatu used The Brain's cane on Ayala

-Sika beat Butch Miller in 17:19

-Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Thunderbolt Patterson in 10:46

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Rougeau Brothers beat Alexis Smirnoff & Luke Williams in 24:41 to retain after Alexis Smirnoff left his partner alone towards the end of the match to fight the Rougeaus.

-Richard Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Dino Bravo in 15:36 after a hold of tights. Bravo blew a gasket after the match and attacked everyone in sight, including referee Luigi Macera.

January 20th, 1985

Ottawa, ON

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau beat Baron Von Raschke in 11:48

-AWA's Pat Tanaka beat Thunderbolt Patterson in 9:34

-Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) beat Afa in 18:12

-Alexis Smirnoff beat Carlos Colon in 11:42

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat The Missing Link in 13:20

-Chicky Starr beat NWA International Tag Team Champion Gino Brito in 16:28

-Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Sting in 14:07

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau & NWA US Tag Team Champion Kendall Windham beat The Sheepherders in 16:29

I really enjoy how well you incorporate all of your loans. I hope when I begin to bring more of Lutte personalities into Mid Atlantic, I can incorpotate them as well as you do into your whole promotion. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with Magnum coming up.

Your TV is always well written, and I enjoy following along. I'm also a huge fan of those big time main event elimination matches! I love those style matches.

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

Broadcast on January 26th, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth where await Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier to kick off the show.)

Guy Hauray: Hello again, wrestling fans, and welcome to another edition of NWA Lutte Internationale TV. We’re closing in on the end of January and this also means that we will see some of our tag teams represent NWA Lutte Internationale in the IWGP Tag Festival throughout the month of February.

Édouard Carpentier: And we couldn’t be happier to see The Caribbean Connection, the Wild Samoans & The Sheepherders represent us in Japan for this much important tag team tournament.

Guy Hauray: But that doesn’t mean that some of those teams aren’t focused on the task ahead before heading to Japan because right here this week, a big opportunity is coming here in our feature bout as we will crown new #1 contenders for tag team gold...in a singles match. Billy Robinson from The Sensationals will go one-on-one against Butch Miller from the Sheepherders and the winning team will be granted a tag title match of their choosing, whether it’ll be against the current NWA International Tag Team Champions Rick Martel & Gino Brito or the reigning NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rougeau Brothers.

Édouard Carpentier: One would think, Guy, that the choice would be easy for the winner and they’d go right away for the NWA World Tag Team Championship held by the Rougeaus but you also have to take into account that many teams in Mid-Atlantic are already gunning for the Rougeaus so the Sheepherders would have to possibly wait in line for that title shot. Also, given that our reigning NWA International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel is also one half of the NWA International Tag Team Champions, this suddenly give those titles more prestige so it could be a smart move for the winning team to go after them, especially considering the gruelling schedule Martel has to go through being a dual champion here, as well as the current AWA Canadian Champion. Their chances could be better to be more opportunistic and catch Martel in an off-night.

Guy Hauray: Well, we’ll have to wait and see until this match takes place but up first, the NWA Lutte Internationale TV debut for the great Nick Bockwinkel!

Match #1

Nick Bockwinkel vs Bob Dellaserra

The broadcast team is most definitely hyping all of Nick Bockwinkel’s past credentials, including him being a former WWF Champion and having faced the greatest names in the sport. Bob Dellaserra is absolutely no match for the great Bockwinkel, who’s displaying quite the clinic in the ring. Bockwinkel gets the victory after applying his patented sleeper hold on Dellaserra for a victory in about 2:30.

Winner: Nick Bockwinkel

(After the match, Bockwinkel steps out of the ring and goes to the broadcast booth to join Édouard Carpentier for a post-match interview.)

Édouard Carpentier: Needless to say, Mr. Bockwinkel, quite an impressive performance you’ve put on in your TV debut and you’ve been quite sought after since you’ve joined the ranks of NWA Lutte Internationale.

Nick Bockwinkel: Why, thank you, Mr. Carpentier, coming from such an amazing in-ring talent like you were, I’ll gladly take those compliments. But you’re right, I am quite sought after lately and one thing I can say about Sherri Martel is that she is persistent. You have no idea how many phone calls she gave me recently and I’m probably sure that she will have ---

(Bockwinkel is interrupted by Sherri Martel, making her way to the broadcast booth)

Sherri Martel: Finally! There you are! So, am I getting my answer or not, Nick? Are you a Sensational or you’re not?

Nick Bockwinkel: First of all, young lady, it’s Mr. Bockwinkel to you. Second of all, I know I’ve said that I was a “luxury gun for hire” but you should know that my services aren’t exclusive to you and my offer stands for absolutely anyone in this territory and throughout the National Wrestling Alliance.

Sherri Martel: Sir---sir, I get that but you and I both know that if there’s one place where you’d get everything and anything you ever desired, it would be with me and The Sensationals. You are one of the greatest of all-time and I believe you have everything it takes again to be a World Heavyweight Champion. And I, Sherri Martel, can do that for you.

Nick Bockwinkel: Oh, yes, of course, I’m sure you’re referring to last week where you “tried” to help me, isn’t it?

(Sherri seems to be a little uncomfortable as her expression changes)

Nick Bockwinkel: Oh, what, Sherri? You didn’t honestly think that I would forget about last week, did you? I mean, I know I’m getting older and such but my memory is still working very well and it was in fact 8 days ago, when I was facing Sika at the Centre Paul-Sauvé and you took it upon yourself to “help” me....And it turns out that there were some cameras there that night to film the action so if the people in the production truck would be kind enough, let’s roll the footage.

******EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE******

(Footage takes us to the January 18th house show at the Centre Paul-Sauvé in which Sika battled Nick Bockwinkel in the opening bout of the night. After a highly contested match, Nick Bockwinkel decides to finish off Sika with a piledriver when Sherri Martel ran out from the back to go ringside. Sherri grabs a chair at ringside and wants to give it to Bockwinkel but Bockwinkel indicates to Sherri that everything’s going fine so he won’t need it. But Sherri refuses to let it go and keeps talking to Bockwinkel. Referee André Roy is trying to get Sherri to come down the apron and eventually, Bockwinkel lets go of Sika and turns his attention towards Sherri. That’s the moment where Sika shoves Bockwinkel, who collides with Sherri and she flies down the apron! A stunned Bockwinkel turned around and falls prey to Sika’s Samoan Drop, allowing the Wild Samoan to score an upset victory over Bockwinkel!)

(Back inside the studios, Sherri feels more and more uneasy as Bockwinkel has a wry smile on his face.)

Nick Bockwinkel: Gosh, Sherri! I mean...if that’s the very best you can do for me as a valet, I can only imagine what’s the worst thing you can do for my career.

Sherri Martel: Mr. Bockwinkel, I...I...I’m so---

Nick Bockwinkel: I think I’ve heard enough, Sherri. I don’t think that this whole thing will work out so don’t bother asking me again. My answer is no. So, if you would, I’m expected elsewhere, thank you and have a nice end of show.

(Bockwinkel leaves the broadcast booth while Sherri Martel is throwing a hissy fit at the booth.)

Sherri Martel: HOW DARE YOU, BOCKWINKEL? NOBODY TURNS DOWN SHERRI MARTEL! NOBODY!!! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

(Sherri storms out the set as Édouard Carpentier joins Guy Hauray back at the booth)

Édouard Carpentier: Well, I guess we got our answer and it’s most definitely not the one that Sherri Martel wanted.

Guy Hauray: And we have to wonder now what will be next for Nick Bockwinkel and Sherri Martel. Who’ll be benefitting from Bockwinkel’s “luxury gun for hire” services? We’ll see in due time but up next, some highlights from our friends at Mid-Atlantic!

********COMMERCIAL BREAK**********

Guy Hauray: Welcome back to NWA Lutte Internationale TV as we’ll focus this week on the recent 50th Anniversary Show for Jim Crockett Promotions in Greenville, South Carolina in which NWA Lutte Internationale also was represented in a special 10-Men Tag Team Match. Indeed, our Lutte Internationale All-Stars comprised of Dory Funk Jr, Richard Charland, NWA International TV Champion Mad Dog Lefebvre & NWA World Tag Team Champions The Rougeau Brothers took on Fuji’s Clan in a crazy match. Let’s get to the highlights.

*****JCP 50TH ANNIVERSARY FOOTAGE*****

(We now go to Greenville, South Carolina for the Jim Crockett Promotions 50th Anniversary Show for the big 10-Men Tag Match featuring the Lutte All-Stars and Fuji’s Clan. A little bit of everything in that match took place as we saw some high flying from the Rougeaus, some beautiful technical wrestling from Dory Funk Jr, some aggression from both teams but especially the physical dominance of The Great Kokina throughout the match. The final moments of the match saw the Rougeau Brothers capitalize on a Tiger Chung Lee mistake and they hit La Bombe Rougeau on him to secure the win for the Lutte All-Stars. We also see some exclusive footage shot after the match in which Mr. Fuji is irate that his clan lost his match but he says that his Clan aren’t through with NWA Lutte Internationale as Prof. Toru Tanaka challenges Mad Dog Lefebvre for his NWA International TV Championship the very next night in Montreal. Fuji vows to bring the NWA International TV Championship to his Clan, asserting their dominance not only in Mid-Atlantic, but throughout the whole National Wrestling Alliance.)

Guy Hauray: Also taking place that night at the JCP 50th Anniversary Show, a wild 6-Men Tag Team Steel Cage Match between Paul Jones’ Army and the team of NWA United States Heavyweight Champion Magnum TA, Sweet Ebony Diamond & “Superstar” Billy Graham. And fans, you won’t believe who showed up in the final moments!

*****JCP 50TH ANNIVERSARY FOOTAGE*****

(We now go to the main event of the Jim Crockett Promotions 50th Anniversary Show featuring Paul Jones’ Army and the trio of Magnum TA, Sweet Ebony Diamond & Superstar Billy Graham. We see the final moments where Terry Funk showed up to hit the referee outside the cage, prompting a brawl with Magnum TA. This distraction allowed Mr. Wrestling II to load his mask and headbutt Billy Graham from behind. Some double-teaming from the Grapplers on Diamond allow Mr. Wrestling II to secure the pinfall on Billy Graham. After the match, the chaos continues as Terry Funk continues his beatdown on Magnum TA with the help of Mr. Wrestling II. The footage stops as Terry Funk leaves the ringside area through the crowd.)

Guy Hauray: I don’t think anyone expected Terry Funk of all people to get involved in this match but this could have some serious ramifications right here, Eddie.

Édouard Carpentier: Well, knowing that his brother, Dory Funk Jr, is a member of our roster, we can only wonder how long until we see a full-fledged Funk brothers reunion in some form in the NWA. We were talking about the possible contenders for the Rougeau Brothers – and even Rick Martel & Gino Brito – you have to possibly consider the Funk Brothers in there.

Guy Hauray: Only time will tell if we’ll ever see this happening but one thing’s for sure and it’s that the tag team division here is boiling & heating up. And nobody can predict when new champions will be crowned. When we come back, our feature bout of the evening!

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK*********

MAIN EVENT

Match #2

#1 Contenders Match

Billy Robinson (representing the Sensationals) vs Butch Miller (representing The Sheepherders)

As the match starts, the broadcast booth explains that since Butch Miller’s partner, Luke Williams, is already in Toronto for tonight’s event at Maple Leaf Gardens, promoter Frank Valois decided to bar from ringside any outside party – even Sherri Martel – so this will be a one-on-one match with a decisive winner. They also remind the viewers at home that the winner of the match can choose whether they’ll challenge for the NWA World Tag Team Championship or the NWA International Tag Team Championship at a time of their choosing. As expected, quite a physical matchup pitting Billy Robinson’s scientific wrestling against Butch Miller’s more physical style. Robinson used every tactic he could to gain the advantage as the match progressed. As the match reached its climax, Robinson attempted to lock Miller into an abdominal stretch but Miller reversed it and somehow was able to hit his Gutbuster on Robinson! Miller covered Robinson and snatches a very important victory for the Sheepherders!

Winner: Butch Miller (The Sheepherders now #1 contenders)

It doesn’t take long that Sensationals member Rip Oliver runs in and ambushes Butch Miller in the ring! What ensues is a brutal 2-on-1 attack from Oliver & Billy Robinson, especially knowing that Luke Williams isn’t here to help out his partner. Oliver & Robinson keep up their beatdown until enhancemen talent Serge Jodoin comes in to attempt to make a save but as soon as he came, he gets dispatched of by the Sensationals. Oliver & Robinson continue their carnage on Miller until Jacques Rougeau, in street clothes, makes his way to the ring, chair in hand, to clear the ring of the Sensationals! Rougeau checks a bit on Miller while also keeping an eye on the Sensationals, joined by Sherri Martel, now retreating to the back. But as Rougeau checks on Miller, out of nowhere comes Alexis Smirnoff, who nails Rougeau from behind with a chain! Rougeau goes down hard and Smirnoff kicks Miller outside the ring. Smirnoff is turning his attention to Jacques Rougeau and wraps his chain around Rougeau’s neck! Rougeau is sitting in the ring, gasping for air, as numerous officials are trying to stop Smirnoff’s assault. Rougeau is nearly turning purple and Smirnoff decides that he has done enough. Smirnoff goes outside and spots a fan with a Quebec flag and he snatches it away from him. Smirnoff then decides to go to the broadcast booth with the flag and after saying something in Russian, he tears the flag in front of the broadcast team! Everyone is stunned as Smirnoff now goes to the back and quickly retrieves a Soviet flag. Smirnoff heads back to the ring and chases away the officials checking on Rougeau. This week’s show ends with Smirnoff draping Rougeau’s body with the Soviet flag and with Smirnoff openly calling out Rick Martel!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

January 26th, 1985

Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, ON

aerial.gif

-Chicky Starr beat Baron Von Raschke in 14:47

-Butcher Vachon (w/Frenchy Martin) beat The Spoiler in 15:28

-NWA International Tag Team Champion Gino Brito beat Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) in 12:32

-Sika beat Luke Williams in 9:59

-Dory Funk beat Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 13:09

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Carlos Colon in 12:43 to retain

NWA United States Heavyweight Championship Falls Count Anywhere Match: Magnum TA defeated Dino Bravo (subbing for Sting) in 80:16 to retain. Dino Bravo attacked Sting while he was making his way to the ring and dropped him throat first on the safety rail in the entranceway. Dino Bravo took the mic in the ring and said this was his spotlight and he should be the one challenging Magnum TA for the title. Magnum TA came out and told Bravo that if he wanted to hurt people so bad, why not try him with Falls Count Anywhere in the building! Bravo gladly accepted. Magnum TA finished Dino Bravo with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex on the concrete outside the ring.

No, actually, the main event of this week's TV was to crown a #1 contender for the NWA World Tag Team or International Tag Team titles at a later date, to the winner's choosing for his team. I think that what confused you is that I mentioned the NJPW Tag Festival just above! ;)

In the intro, Mr. Carpentier said:

"One would think, Guy, that the choice would be easy for the winner and they’d go right away for the NWA World Tag Team Championship held by the Rougeaus but you also have to take into account that many teams in Mid-Atlantic are already gunning for the Rougeaus so the Sheepherders would have to possibly wait in line for that title shot."

That's what I mean when I say he accidentally gave away the finish. :D

I commend you and Patrick on working so well together. Your rosters have now been really improved with the merger and we get such great matches as Magnum TA and Dino Bravo. Just think of where this project has come in the last year. The WWF and AWA are booming, Japan is running really cool tours, Mexico has introduced us to Luche Libre and the NWA is on the rise again to supremacy and it is now a multi-promotional organization that has gone international.

January 27th, 1985

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal

6-Men Tag: The Brisco Brothers & Chicky Starr beat The Zambuie Express (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) & Alexis Smirnoff in 8:42

-Butcher Vachon beat Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 9:10

-Dory Funk Jr beat Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 63 seconds

-Sika beat Nord the Barbarian (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 8:16

Guest Referee - Maurice Richard: NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) in 16:29. Jim Cornette was handcuffed to Montreal Canadiens forward Chris Nilan. Shenanigans from Dennis Condrey outside allowed Cornette to get free but he got knocked out cold by Nilan when he tried to interfere

NWA International TV Championship: Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Prof. Toru Tanaka (w/Mr. Fuji) in 9:17 to retain

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Rick Martel beat Gilles Poisson in 34:40 to retain

NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Magnum TA beat NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau in 64:04 to retain with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex.