Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

SteveJRogers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time. Rude should have been in years ago.

Thing is, WWE has to save names given how different their Hall of Fame is compared to other sports. It's booked like a wrestling card rather than voted on, so you can't automatically go with the best names and risk having Val Venis headline in 2022. In addition to their other unofficial guidelines. Lot of feedback that the Rude induction is "long overdue", and I don't think anyone is "overdue" in WWE's HoF with the way they do things.

Oh Val Venis will for sure be in it at some point. Probably not as a headliner though, but I get what you're saying. They could have stretched them out by not doing years with 2-3 headliners going in. Rude isn't a headliner, and he definitely should have been in before guys like Koko B. Ware, Jim Duggan, Fuji, etc.

Oh Val Venis will for sure be in it at some point. Probably not as a headliner though, but I get what you're saying. They could have stretched them out by not doing years with 2-3 headliners going in. Rude isn't a headliner, and he definitely should have been in before guys like Koko B. Ware, Jim Duggan, Fuji, etc.

That's another thing, the "who gets in before who" deal. In the WWE HoF, that doesn't mean the ones inducted first are better ones like a regular sports HoF usually has it. No one thinks Koko is on the same or higher level as Rude just because he went in first and was a contemporary of Rude's. And those 3 examples were all alive when inducted, which made a difference.

I dunno if they'll ever induct deceased celebs. Especially with someone else having to accept and most possible celebs not deeply involved with WWE to begin with. They also tend to go for more mainstream names, and I don't think Lemmy is one. He's more of a heavy metal cult figure.

In theory and with how low the bar is to get in, of course Lemmy has a reason. I doubt it will happen, A) He's dead B ) He wasn't really a mainstream celeb (let's get out of the bubble and be honest here) C) Triple H doesn't let his ego get in the way as much when it comes to the HoF, considering who he's mended fences with and brought back to the fold. With whatever input and power he has with this, I think he's thinking more about the fans rather than putting all his buddies in.

I hear fan discussion about how Andy Kaufman should go in the celebrity wing too, and I think he has less of a chance than Lemmy. Dead for 30+ years, did nothing in WWF proper (all the other celebs have), could have footage issues and I question what his notability is to younger generations. Sometimes you gotta think how WWE would think rather than fantasy book it.

I can see the case for Motörhead (rather then just Lemmy) getting in, and Trips using it as a platform to say they should be in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame (which they should).

If the story is true that Vince, Sr. rejected doing something with Kaufman before Memphis did, he'll definitely never get in.

I doubt Ali will get in either, as his family might object.

I can see the case for Motörhead (rather then just Lemmy) getting in, and Trips using it as a platform to say they should be in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame (which they should).

If the story is true that Vince, Sr. rejected doing something with Kaufman before Memphis did, he'll definitely never get in.

I doubt Ali will get in either, as his family might object.

I could see Motorhead going in or even just Lemmy. They did enough musical contributions for the company and performed at couple Mania events. Probably one of the few celebrity inductions I would be okay with in general.

Only problem is that Motorhead have had numerous lineup changes throughout the years, with only Lemmy being the only consistent member. I suppose the lineup who recorded "The Game" (Lemmy, Phil Campbell, Mickey Dee) could show up (Well, except for Lemmy of course). Back on topic, I could seriously see JBL getting inducted.