Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2017

SteveJRogers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually NWO is going into HOF. Is it going to be a situation where only the first 3 members (Hogan, Hall, and Nash) get rings (thus making all three two-time HOFers) or will this be more Hall/Nash/Hogan accept while guys like Vincent, Norton, etc. get rings in the mail (or kayfabe ring)? Perhaps Hogan gets a ring and says 'but this is for all the members' while being the only one to actually receive something physical and the majority of the honors and actual recognition. Should be interesting when that happens.

I feel bad for derailing the thread a bit. But let me add. I'm not a metalhead, but I'm in tune enough with pop culture to know how mainstream certain artists are. Motorhead is not the Rolling Stones. Ask 100 people on the street who Motorhead is, most wouldn't have a clue. Based on who's in the celeb wing, they don't really fit. WWE puts mainstream celebs who are alive. The most obscure ones are Refrigerator Perry (who was a big deal in '85, plus inducted in Chicago) and Bob Uecker (who still played the dad on a sitcom for 5 seasons and did beer commercials; although his popularity is kinda localized). They'd almost be like a James Dudley inductee at this point. Someone who was kinda known but was friends with the higher ups. The HoF is a little more professional than that now. Does Motorhead/Lemmy "deserve" it, of course. Bar is low for 100 celebs to go in. Will it happen, I'd say unlikely.

Drew Carey, not even a fair comparison with mainstream recognition. Had his own sitcom for almost 10 years, hosted Whose Line and hosts a popular game show that has a sizable young adult/college demo. 20+ years with a high-profile starring role on network TV.

Are you really using the whole "They aren't as big as The Rolling Stones" argument as to why they shouldn't put him in.

I like that Jericho has gotten to do the two things he wanted to do since he was a kid, be a wrestler and be in a band. I think that's cool.

And maybe it's an age thing, but as a 46 year old American, Motörhead was totally a band everyone was aware of.

Yep Motorhead was pretty well known in the 80s when the metal scene was thriving in the US.

Eventually NWO is going into HOF. Is it going to be a situation where only the first 3 members (Hogan, Hall, and Nash) get rings (thus making all three two-time HOFers) or will this be more Hall/Nash/Hogan accept while guys like Vincent, Norton, etc. get rings in the mail (or kayfabe ring)? Perhaps Hogan gets a ring and says 'but this is for all the members' while being the only one to actually receive something physical and the majority of the honors and actual recognition. Should be interesting when that happens.

I would suspect they only do the "Orginal 3" and maybe Eric. I highly doubt they are going to induct all the B-List level guys. When they did the Horsemen they only did one lineup of guys Flair,Arn,Tully,Barry and JJ wasn't like Sid,Roma and guys like that got inducted.

That or take my real suggestion - bringing Todd Pettengill out to do one of those medleys he used to do for the Slammys. That shit was sick.

Link?

They used to be on YouTube but I think the company had them removed when they plagued YouTube in 2012 and 2013 for content. Opie & Anthony played one of them once when they were taking the piss out of his radio show with Scott Shannon a few years back.

Slammy song starts at 4:30 though you get to hear a great Facebook parody song by Todd at the start.

People are missing my point. I didn't compare Motorhead/Lenny to James Dudley, it was about the scope of celebrities inducted. Talk to regular people who aren't die-hard metal and/or wrestling fans, most don't know who Motorhead is. Their Q rating is not sky high. Everyone knows who Drew Carey is. Even if he's not "cool".

Would love to see Earthquake get in, and Tugboat getting in too is fine also. I heard an interview with Tugboat where they asked him about the HOF and he thought it'd be cool to go in with his good friend, but he'd even be honored just to induct Earthquake if they chose that route instead. Pretty classy answer I thought.

I guess Ottman and IRS make sense with their Florida ties and being friendly with the company, but not the most exciting choices. The Natural Disasters were memorable but didn't have much of a run, and the rest of Ottman's career......well. Would be one of the weakest inductees yet

Why not Kevin Sullivan representing Florida? Because of the Benoit/Nancy stuff? What about Wahoo McDaniel?

Christian and Regal seem like no brainers

Lemmy is as deserving a celebrity as anyone. They put Snoop Dogg in last year!

I guess Ottman and IRS make sense with their Florida ties and being friendly with the company, but not the most exciting choices. The Natural Disasters were memorable but didn't have much of a run, and the rest of Ottman's career......well. Would be one of the weakest inductees yet

Why not Kevin Sullivan representing Florida? Because of the Benoit/Nancy stuff? What about Wahoo McDaniel?

Christian and Regal seem like no brainers

Lemmy is as deserving a celebrity as anyone. They put Snoop Dogg in last year!

Well Lemmy did more for WWE than Snoop who what did some BS with the Divas in 2008 and guest hosted a RAW in 2009.

Headliners left: Taker, Rock, Vince, Jericho, Bryan (maybe next year), Kurt, Shane, Goldberg, Show (after some time away), Rey, Batista, Jeff Jarrett (just kidding), Cena Orton, Punk (with time maybe), Brock.

Assuming... Taker, Rock, Bryan, Goldberg, Kurt and maybe Batista take up the next hand full that gives lots of time to let Shane, Jericho, Show, Rey and Brock finish out, then Cena and Orton. Obviously Vince goes in whenever they want/need a headliner or when he is finally done. By that time they (hopefully) have another batch of headliners nearing ready.

I kept thinking this year may be the year to do The Rock since they are in Florida, but I am not really hearing anything close to that and would assume there would be at least murmurs.