@OJ - I do think that's what people do though.
For example, Jimmy Redman's top 10 matches of all time, as of April 2016:
10. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar - WWE Extreme Rules 2012
9. Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - WWE Wrestlemania 26
8. Triple H vs Undertaker - WWE Wrestlemania 28 (Hell in a Cell)
7. Triple H vs Undertaker - WWE Wrestlemania 27
6. Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - WWE Wrestlemania 25
5. Trish Stratus vs Lita - WWE Unforgiven 2006
4. Trish Stratus vs Mickie James - WWE Wrestlemania 22
3. John Cena vs Shawn Michaels - WWE Raw 23rd April 2007
2. Team Austin vs Team Bischoff - WWE Survivor Series 2003
1. John Cena vs Umaga - WWE Royal Rumble 2007 (Last Man Standing)
My top 10 matches of all time, as of October 2015:
10. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat, 2/20/89 Chi-Town Rumble, JCP/NWA/WCW
9. Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi vs. Akira Taue and Toshiaki Kawada, 12/3/93, AJPW
8. Wargames, 5/17/92 Wrestlewar, JCP/NWA/WCW
7. Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, and Toshiaki Kawada vs. Jumbo Tsuruta, Akira Taue, and Masa Fuchi, 4/20/91, AJPW
6. Jumbo Tsuruta and Genichiro Tenryu vs. Riki Choshu and Yoshiaki Yatsu, 1/28/86, AJPW
5. Dory Funk Jr. and Terry Funk vs. The Sheik and Abdullah the Butcher, 9/19/78, AJPW
4. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada, 6/3/94, AJPW
3. Magnum T.A. vs. Tully Blanchard, 11/28/85 Starrcade I Quit Cage Match, JCP/NWA/WCW
2. Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Genichiro Tenryu, 6/5/89, AJPW
1. Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat, 4/2/89 Clash of the Champions VI, JCP/NWA/WCW
Since these are our top 10 matches, you can be sure that we think all 10 are "5 star" affairs.
There's no two ways around saying that my list reflects my values and Jimmy's reflect her values.
There are matches on her top 10 I know for sure that I wouldn't rate 5 stars. It's possible there are matches on mine she wouldn't rate 5 stars.
I mean, it used to be the case that people would just have no problem saying "well, it's clear Parv's is the better list", but we live in different times now. If GWE proved nothing else, it proved that.
On PWO maybe but not necessarily in other circles. If you posted that list on reddit or something, where the vast majority only watch WWE, it wouldn't look that aberrant. Only the Trish matches would raise a few eyebrows.