Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-30-ARSION] Ayako Hamada & Mika Akino vs Rie Tamada & Mikiko Futagami

soup23

This had some clipping issues like the previous match but was at least cohesive enough that I feel I can piece together how the entire match went. Ayako will be a prominent member of joshi throughout our quest in the 2000’s and still is relevant today in WAVE. I discovered that Futagami is now going by GAMI and mostly working the prelims in WAVE. Akino also has been around a good bit in the 2000’s and we may see her coming up. The match had a good pace but also some good double teams from each duo and Hamada really showcased her athleticism with her graceful springboard moonsaults. Gami makes the mistake of lifting Ayako up on a pinfall attempt which is never smart. La Magistral cradle gets a really close nearfall for her and she gives a nice slap on a palm strike attempt. Akino helps Ayako out and she is able to get a cutter from the top for the win. Pretty fun tag match here and I look forward to more Ayako. **3/4

Good match. Lots of key players in the decade to come here, as soup touched on above. You can see the difference in experience level between those in this match and the previous match. Everyone in this match is very good at what they do, but there was a precision and purpose behind everything in the LCO match that is just missing here, even if I do believe everyone involved in this will eventually have it. I look forward to watching Ayako Hamada's climb to the top.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see Ayako was always awesome. Remember really liking her in AAA and TNA. Not as familiar with the others but the red team actually tried to stand out and be heels which was good. Lots of double teams and more yelling. The finish was nice with a top rope ace crusher. Good little match.

• 4 weeks later...

Another clipped match. Hamada and Akino still seem to be working as plucky underdogs. What they show of this was mostly spots and double teams. The stuff looked good and Futagami is really fun in this type of match as she has nice unpredictable submissions and cradles. Still, I'm waiting for something complete.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-30-ARSION] Ayako Hamada & Mika Akino vs Rie Tamada & Mikiko Futagami