Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-05-WCW-Saturday Night] PG-13 vs 3 Count (Shannon Moore & Shane Helms)

soup23

3 Count is awesome and I love the video production of their concert with Tenay losing his mind throughout. Really good action here with a rana to the outside and PG-13 taking over with a suplex to Moore on the floor. PG-13 are given a lot of offense here and they really feed into 3 Count making their comeback even though they arent’ faces in doing so as Evan Karagias uses his dance board to allow Helms to pin Dundee. Quick match but a ton of fun here. **1/2

Mike Tenay hates 3 Count way too much. They are great! They just want to slow down and get their groove down for all the ladies, what's not to love? I do enjoy Tenay and Hudson comparing 3 Count to Lou Reed though, just for a nice dose of total absurdity. This would have been an incredible feud, and these guys should have been doing battles of the bands and long dueling promo segments on Nitro every week if WCW truly wanted ratings. I'm so glad we got to see these teams square off one more time. I don't think we get it again, sadly, but at least we got it twice. They really went balls out in this match even though they didn't have much time. So, so good. I loved all the missing splashes from the top rope, and really wish these teams could have gotten 15 minutes on PPV at some point. ***

• 1 month later...

Another performance of ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Heart’ to open. Lucky us! 3 Count for this match are Shannon Moore and Shane Helms, backing up what I said in the previous six man that these two are here to carry the workload for the team. Hot, quick opening with a criss cross spot that sees PG-13 collide with one another and then Helms taking Wolfie over the top rope with a rana to the floor. Leg lariat by Shannon to J.C., followed by a suplex and a frog splash from Shane. Wolfie with a kick to the back of Shannon that slows 3 Count down and gives PG-13 their first opening of the match. J.C. clobbers Shano in the back and he takes a spill to the outside, from where Wolfie suplexes him on the floor. Wolfie with a nice spinning powerbomb and Shane is in there to break up the pin. Electric chair by Wolfie and a series of dives by everyone fail to hit their mark. Shannon dropkicks Wolfie to the floor followed by a flip five out onto him. Evan Karagias gets up on the apron holding one of 3 Count’s circles and takes a swing at J.C. who ducks out the way. Ice rolls Helms up, Nick Patrick counts to two (after being initially distracted by the action on the outside) and Shane kicks out propelling Jamie forward. Karagias clobbers him with the circle and this time Shane rolls him up and hooks the shorts for the pin.

These teams were having a heck of an all action sprint until that god awful finish. Evan Karagias isn’t even involved in this match and he manages to ruin things! It was so obvious how this was going to finish and it didn’t look good at all with him stood on the apron waiting for his spot. A clean finish and this would’ve surpassed the La Parka & Silver King/Villano’s match as the best C-match so far, but that ending took it down a peg. Great stuff up until that ending.

• 4 months later...

I hated the camera work during the 3 Count dancing gimmick at the start of the match, looked eally looked low rent in my view. I bet Kevin Dunn would have loved it though.

Fun TV match with PG-13 always being great value. Awesome looking Frog Splash from Shane Helms during the match. Awful finish, Evan Karagias stunk, and his timing was off by about 15 seconds as he stood on the apron clutching a stop sign. It was like time stood still. Brought the match down a peg for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-02-05-WCW-Saturday Night] PG-13 vs 3 Count (Shannon Moore & Shane Helms)