1. 1. Favorite Pro Wrestling Decade?

• 1960s
    • 1970s
    • 1980s
    • 1990s
    • 2000s
    • 2010s
    • Other (20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc)

What makes the 50s the best wrestler period in the US?

I prefer the style of wrestling back then. This gets reinforced every time I watch a US match from Loss' 90s list. I don't think it would suit everyone's tastes, but it's my favourite decade for US stuff (at least for now.) And not just the Chicago stuff. I like the Los Angeles territory just as much. I haven't enjoyed 60s wrestling that much, but most of what I've seen has been from Buffalo, which isn't my favourite territory.

It seems to me that this question is functionally equivalent to asking one's opinion of 90s All Japan. If you think it's the greatest shit ever, you'll almost certainly pick the 90s. If you don't, you'll most likely pick the 80s.

EDIT: I actually accidentally voted for the 80s the first time. Oops.

I think there's more to it. I think 90s AJ is the greatest stuff ever, but I was only ever going to vote 80s for the reasons I said.

I think a bigger litmus test is probably what you think of shoot style and that whole scene in Japan in the 90s.

It seems to me that this question is functionally equivalent to asking one's opinion of 90s All Japan. If you think it's the greatest shit ever, you'll almost certainly pick the 90s. If you don't, you'll most likely pick the 80s.

Not necessarily. I picked the 90s and like 90s All Japan a ton but that was just one of the considerations.

Yes 90s All Japan > 80s All Japan and is one of the great wrestling promotions, but you also have things like 90s New Japan > 80s New Japan (sorry Fujinami), much better shoot-style, much better joshi, BattlARTS + FMW.

The 80s have better US wrestling (for sheer variety of the territories atleast, though I prefer the higher end stuff of the 90s), better Lucha, Puerto Rico and Britain but everything Japan in the 90s just swamps everything.

I'm firmly behind 90s All Japan as the greatest thing ever, but still had to go 80s. I think New Japan, NWA & all the various territories and satellites are much better, while All Japan isn't exactly a slouch that decade.