Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver: San Antonio/Royal Rumble Weekend

KawadaSmile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVOLVE the same day could be a better show.

Main Event #1 – EVOLVE Championship Match
Timothy Thatcher w/ Stokely Hathaway defends vs. Jeff Cobb

Main Event #2 – Chris Hero’s Final Match
Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

No DQ Match
Matt Riddle vs. DUSTIN

Special Challenge Match #1
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Fred Yehi vs. ACH

Special Challenge Match #2
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Tracy Williams vs. Laredo Kid

Special Tag Team Attraction
Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. Sammy Guevara & Jason Kincaid

Plus more to be announced with Ethan Page w/ The Gatekeepers, Darby Allin, Peter Kaasa, plus more!

What is the card ? I only know about Nakamura vs Roode, which doesn't sound so hot on paper. Roode is a super solid midcarder, but he's just not on Nak's level at all, not to mention I don't see them meshing too well. Plus the whole Glorious stuff is overproducing at its worst, it screams bad Orndorff/Rude ripoff. As far as Nak goes, he's been coasting for months now. Joe looked better in every match they had together, which were very good but never that great. I do think Nak has been totally wasted in NXT. He looked like the hottest thing against Sami Zayn last year, and this remains his best match in the company. Hopefully he debuts in the Rumble because each month in NXT and he's looking less and less special.

People keep talking about Nak being wasted in NXT, what about Sombra... they haven't done shit with him, they are dressing him up in goofy suspenders like early Tommy Dreamer.

Puro vs lucha. ;)

Not overly familiar with La Sombra, but yeah, they just don't get it. They never pushed Rey Jr. the way they should. ADR was a bust. They never got why Mistico was such a star. And now this.

Well, that card looks like a complete nothing. Authors of Pain are so painfully generic, from the name to the looks to the whole gimmick. Is Ellering still with them ? Brings back great memories of DOA… More indie darlings with Roderick Strong and TNA-lite Eric Young as new guys for the "developmental territory". Asuka in a four-way. Yup. The show is cold.

I like the look of the NXT card in the sense that it's not really a card loaded up with smart fan dream matches. It looks more like a real developmental card. Even though guys like Roode, Strong, Young shouldn't be in developmental they're not worldwide elites like Joe or Nakamura, and Nakamura/Roode isn't a dream match like Nakamura/Joe. I think it will prove to be a very fun card though it isn't a blockbuster on paper.

Bobby Roode comes across like an insufferable broad Will Ferrell character to me. I think he's okay and get why he's in the main event but it's not my thing and I can't see it having a long shelf life. I actually think the show should be real interesting and want to see what DIY can get out of Authors of Pain. Roddy vs. Almas should steal the show.

The lack of energy and excitement from anyone involved with this card is palpable. From the negative chemistry on the pre-show, to the crowd sounding like they regretting buying tickets so many months in advance, to not giving a shit about anything so far beyond chanting 10. Silence for Eric Young, polite scattered clapping for Strong, silence for Sombra, Percy Watson is TERRIBLE holy shit, Graves keeps getting lost on his lines. Shaping up to end up as the worst Takeover. At least on par with The End.

Authors of Pain are a really reckless team at times. Like watching the Hit Squad from 2001 when there idea of offense was throwing 100 pound kids into a wall reckless. Was about the best possible match you can have with them.

I really hope we get a feud with Revival but we may have to wait a while for that