Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-22-CMLL] Negro Casas & Ringo Mendoza & Emilio Charles Jr vs Blue Panther & Cien Caras & Black Warrior

soup23

Good to see lucha back. Panther is such a prick and digs into the eyes of Mendoza. Each fall was again short but this seemed to be building to a Black Warrior and Casas feud which I am all for. The camera keeps panning to a woman in the crowd that looks about as disinterested as you possibly can. ***

This was good but kind of a radio edit of a wrestling match if there ever was one. We'll get Negro Casas vs Black Warrior later this month, and bring it on! I'd call this more an effective hype piece and a fun way to pass a few minutes than a good match, but that's not a dig. It's just where the match falls.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what lit a fire under Panther but he is officially the second best rudo in the company. I think it was April and May that Panther had his classic matches with Santo in Monterrey and it's clear now that he was enjoying a rich vein of form heading into those appearances. I loved every second of Panther vs. Ringo regardless of how decrepit Ringo may have looked. I also liked the Casas vs. Black Warrior build. CMLL has a habit of phasing guys down the card after long programs. and after feuding with Bestia and Scorpio for what seemed like an eternity, Casas didn't seem like he had much to do in January. Here they gave him something to do and it was the best he's looked so far. This was edited to shit but still enjoyable. That may be the new barometer of a good CMLL match.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-02-22-CMLL] Negro Casas & Ringo Mendoza & Emilio Charles Jr vs Blue Panther & Cien Caras & Black Warrior