Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 1/30 - 2/5

goc

So I'm pretty interested in Raw tonight to see where they go with Roman/Braun, if they do anything to follow up Roman eliminating Taker, whether they plant seeds of an Owens/Jericho match at Mania or go in another direction. Also hoping to see them NOT split up the awesome Cesaro/Sheamus team.

Rollins has been presented as such a geek in this. Didn't look for HHH for months, was distracted by music and then actually stayed away when he was banned from the building.

And the fact that he's basically angry that mummy and daddy won't help him cheat anymore

Didn't watch Raw yesterday, catching up right now.

Jesus Christ this Seth Rollins segment with Steph would work so much more better if Rollins were a heel. He was saying some pretty fucking horrible stuff. Stalking someone else's children is not really a heroic thing.

Yes, that was very very bad and I don't know how Seth is actually a face in all of this.

I stopped watching Raw after the Braun/Owens match and the Lesnar segment because that was the only reason I was even watching, so I missed the Samoa Joe debut. But I am kind of amused at the reaction to it all because most of it is people marking out for Joe and it seems clear he's only getting set up to lose to Rollins in his first WWE match as a way to further set up HHH/Rollins at Mania.

It just strikes me as odd how people are very positive about that when if it had been done last year & Reigns had to go through Samoa Joe to get his title match with HHH at WrestleMania people would have fallen all over themselves to be the first to say Joe was getting buried by having to lose to Roman.

I thought Joe's debut was good, or at the very least interesting. He got some moves of his arsenal in, which is good, and the idea of him being Triple H's brute henchman is a bit interesting, despite him losing at Fastlane being a very foreseeable future.

However, I didn't think it got that big of a reaction, at least not as big as one would expect from a surprise debut.

Didn't watch Raw yesterday, catching up right now.

Jesus Christ this Seth Rollins segment with Steph would work so much more better if Rollins were a heel. He was saying some pretty fucking horrible stuff. Stalking someone else's children is not really a heroic thing.

Yes, that was very very bad and I don't know how Seth is actually a face in all of this.

I stopped watching Raw after the Braun/Owens match and the Lesnar segment because that was the only reason I was even watching, so I missed the Samoa Joe debut. But I am kind of amused at the reaction to it all because most of it is people marking out for Joe and it seems clear he's only getting set up to lose to Rollins in his first WWE match as a way to further set up HHH/Rollins at Mania.

It just strikes me as odd how people are very positive about that when if it had been done last year & Reigns had to go through Samoa Joe to get his title match with HHH at WrestleMania people would have fallen all over themselves to be the first to say Joe was getting buried by having to lose to Roman.

Well, people were also excited when HHH won the Rumble last year even though it made it obvious Reigns would beat him at Wrestlemania. People love HHH even though he's supposedly every bit as behind the Reigns push as Vince, unless you believe the political hit theory, in which case you wouldn't cheer HHH anyway. People are sheep. What else is new?

I thought Joe's debut was good, or at the very least interesting. He got some moves of his arsenal in, which is good, and the idea of him being Triple H's brute henchman is a bit interesting, despite him losing at Fastlane being a very foreseeable future.

However, I didn't think it got that big of a reaction, at least not as big as one would expect from a surprise debut.

I guess I understand why they wanted to end on that segment but it would have been MUCH better to do that early in the show, possibly even the first segment. Doing a surprise debut at the end of Raw in front of a crowd that's been there almost 4 hours is not going to lead to the optimal crowd response.