Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 1/30 - 2/5

goc

My buddy Chris and I went to a RAW House show last night in Broomfield, Colorado. I've been to a lot of house shows since I moved here over ten years ago, and this one was the best. We arrived at the venue, having partaken of some of the states finest legal weed edibles and immediately got some nine dollar 24 oz. beers. We got to our seats and they were great, lower level facing the entrance way. They now have a full miniature version of the titantron entrance contraption and big screen, which was cool as they showed clips before the show, and they had the full entrance videos along with live shots from the one cameraman. They turned these off during the matches, of course.

We were sitting in an area surrounded by kids with their families and younger fans. Most of whom were Latino, which came in handy when I shouted Trump jokes. No redneck was gonna get all up in the face of this section.

First match was New Day vs. Shining Stars and Titus O'Neill. The place went nuts for New Day. I keep reading people saying that the crowds are turning on them but not here. You know, with fans who actually enjoy wrestling. The match was fun, and when New Day won the place popped.

Next match was Neville vs. Cedric Alexander. This was awesome. Most of the crowd was behind Cedric, but there were those of us who were cheering Neville. They had a fantastic match that Neville won with the Rings of Saturn. Heel Neville is amazing. He actually comes off as the King of the division, a bad guy who is also the best wrestler in the weight class.

Now, behind us was this young girl who totally thought it was all real, but was also using terms like "heel" and "babyface. It was hilarious. Then we heard her older sister talking about Bullet Club, and how Gallows and Anderson were "Good Brothers" in Japan and shit. So that's where she got it. Then something odd started happening. The young girl started cheering for heels, and her Mom said, "You don't cheer for Neville at home." and she replied "I don't know, I just want to cheer for the heel." My pal leaned over and said to me, "Dude, your heel fan energy is so strong it's affecting this kid, and you're not even trying." :D

Next match was Goldust, Sin Cara, and R-Truth vs. Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, and Jinder Mahal. The match was perfectly fine. There were some cool moves, a lot of comedy, and it was great to see Goldust live one more time before he hangs it up. The crowd LOVED Truth.

Next up was Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman. This was fucking great. Sami was super over, although there were pockets of Braun fans. They had their typical Giant vs. underdog match and it didn't disappoint. The finish was Sami trying to suplex Braun, failing, and getting caught in the running powerslam for the one two three. After which me and the guy next to me were loudly yelling at Sami that he was stupid and his strategy was awful.

See, I've inherited a booming voice from my grandpa, who could be heard throughout a baseball stadium when he was on the case of a player. He never raised his voice around me my whole childhood, but if Hernandez was playing too shallow , Gramps let him know as well as the rest of Veteran's Stadium. And I do keep it kayfabe, even if I'm cheering the heels. ;)

Then Lana was introduced by JoJo. JoJo, by the way...Daymn.

And Lana live...words cant express how smoking hot she is. It must by some live CGI. Speaking of hot, she got on the mic and HEATED UP THE CROWD. Screaming at us, calling us names and insulting the town. Thing was she was right. We are all pathetic and Broomfield stinks.She intros Rusev , and I leap to my feet screaming "MACHKA!" The, Enzo and Big Cass' music hits and the roof came off the place. They even had lights hit disco balls so the place was lit up like a planetarium.They did a short version of their schtick that had the place exploding. Then Cass and Rusev had a really fun smashmouth match that Cass won. Lana and Enzo had outside the ring shenanagins leading to the ref ousting her, super fun.

During intermission I went to get my six year old nephew a souvenir. He loves Cena, and Cena was the only SD guy with merch there. When i was told that the kids t shirt was 35 clams, I said, "Fuck that." and got him a Cena stuffed doll , which he loved when he woke up this morning to find it waiting for him on the kitchen table.

Show starts again with Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair. Funny thing, the little boys sitting in front of us were saying they didn't like Bayley cause she's too "Girly". Which led to a small dueling chant in our section between a group of little boys booing Bayley and a group of little girls cheering Bayley. The crowd was behind Bayley, But a LOT of people were cheering for Charlotte, it was like the Eighties in Philly where Flair always got cheers. Match gets tossed when Dana Brooke ran in, followed by Alicia Fox, then Nia Jax, and then Sasha's music hits, disco lights come on, and she comes out waving a crutch to chase off the heels. Place again went bonkers. Bayley challenged the heels to a six person match and it was on. The women had a really good match that ended with Bayley pinning Charlotte with the Bayley to Belly. And they are all in on selling Bayley merch. She had the most stuff for sale besides Cena.

Next up was Gallows and Anderson vs Cesaro and Sheamus. This was fucking awesome. Only bad part was Anderson being out of position at least twice leading to Cesrao having to awkwardly give him his leg to grab. Otherwise this ruled. Cesaro and Sheamus were super duper over, and Sheamus especially was amazing in the ring. Now, here's where I got a tiny bit smarky. Cause I was LOUDLY booing the Club, mixed with "BULLET CLUB STINKS", "IT'S THE NWO C-TEAM!", "GALLOWS IS KEVIN NASH WITHOUT THE CHARM!", and 'NEW JAPAN IS OVER RATED!" and of all the shit I was bellowing all night, this is what got a few nerds around us booing at me. :lol:

All that aside, this match was fantastic, and Anderson got the rollup on Cesaro after raking his eyes.

Now was main event time. It was scheduled to be Owens vs Rollins. Owens comes out to massive heat, makes fun of the crowd and town, and says that he has good news and bad news. Good news is that Rollins is injured and that he doesnt have to defend the belt tonight. Bad news is that Mick Foley is making him compete tonight in a street fight against a mystery opponent. And the replacement for Rollins is..........The Big Show.

Now, before you all groan remember this. At THIS venue, in front of THIS crowd, Show was incredibly popular. The place popped hard for Show. And also, it was a street fight, so they used tables, and chairs, and all kinds of plunder which led to a really fun match that again, had the place rockin'. Show wins with a chokeslam through a table to send the fans home happy. And holy shit, seeing Show now that he's dropped all the weight and is jacked? Quite a sight.

And the one thing that was clearly evident, is that almost everyone was working their asses off. No one was half assing it cause it's a house show. The Shining Stars seemed a little blah, but if your gimmick was selling fake timeshares, you'd be a little blah as well.

Again, fantastic night of wrestling.

PS: The Trump line was when Lana was pointing at herself and screamed "YOU CAN'T BUY THIS!" and I bellowed "TRUMP DID!"