LowBlowPodcast

WWF Live 2/16/86

East Rutherford, NJ – The Meadowlands – The Main Event

Dark Matches:

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage © defeated Brutus Beefcake via DQ

-Jake Roberts got involved and DDT’d Savage outside the ring causing a DQ

Blackjack Mulligan w/ Sam Houston defeated Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

-We saw Ron Bass and Jack Lanza attack Sam Houston again and he ended up getting stretchered out.

Larry Z defeated SD Jones

Gino Hernandez defeated Davey Boy Smith

Wwfthemainevent.jpg

WWF Presents: THE MAIN EVENT

Jesse_Ventura_%26_Vince_McMahon.jpg

Vince McMahon: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the MAIN EVENT! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Ventura! Jesse, we are here from the Meadowlands in New Jersey for this very special showcase event!

Jesse Ventura: You got that right McMahon! This is prime time jack and you know the lights don’t get any brighter than on NBC!

McMahon: We want to thank NBC for hosting this special event. We have got a great broadcast set for you… right now, we want to take it to some footage of what we saw earlier on before the broadcast went live…

-We then see footage of Randy Savage taking on Brutus Beefcake and Jake the Snake Roberts getting involved.

alfred-hayes1.jpg?w=640

Lord Alfred Hayes: Fans I am here right now with Jake the Snake Roberts. Mr. Roberts, it was a few weeks ago at the King of the Ring that we saw you attack Randy Savage and viciously DDT him on the concrete floor. Tonight you did it again… what is your motive to continue to attack Randy Savage?

hqdefault.jpg

Jake Roberts: You wanna talk motive? You wanna talk reasons. Why does a man get out of bed each day? Why would a man knowingly join a profession in which his head gets kicked in every night? Man there is no rhyme or reason. There is no process of thought. There is… only… what I want. Now Randy Savage you have what I want. You hold it close to you and you covet it. Some say Randy Savage, even you take advantage of it. You take it for granted. Randy Savage… you my friend are just another pawn in the human game of chess that I, the King, am about to eliminate.

Lord Alfred: There you have it fans, let’s go to Gene Okerlund…

hqdefault.jpg

Mean Gene Okerlund: Certainly some strange words there from Jake Roberts. I am here right now with the Intercontinental Champion, Randy Savage. We have seen it multiple weeks now, Jake Roberts will go to any cost to try and get the best of you…

Randy Savage: Get the best of me? Get the best of me? Brother he couldn’t handle the best of the Macho Man! He couldn’t handle me on my worst day… I mean look at what he’s doing. He comes from behind. He drops me on my head. Then he runs away… he runs away… no… no… he slithers away… yeah! Jake Roberts, why don’t we do the thing huh? You drop me on my head… you cause me to get stitched and staples. Huh! A little memory loss? Huh! You think you can get in my head Jake Roberts… no chance brother… not a chance in the world. You say I have what you want… well brother all you gotta do is ask and I will let you come and get it. Come and GET IT JAKE ROBERTS! YEAH!

*COMMERCIAL*

Vince McMahon: Fans we are back and Jesse, the action in the WWF is at a fever pitch right now. We saw footage from the Intercontinental Champion, Randy Savage. We know about the success of the WWF Tag Team Champions, the British Bulldogs.

Jesse Ventura: Without a doubt McMahon. You are talking about Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid. These two guys have traveled the world and beat the best. They have come here to the WWF and become champions for a second time. I think this could be their longest reign.

McMahon: We know that they will have a challenge from Gino Hernandez and a mystery partner tomorrow night in Madison Square Garden.

Jesse: And just to clear the air… I am not his partner…

McMahon: That was one of the rumors… but I guess we can discount it. One of the many mysteries that we will find out here in the WWF but Gene Okerlund is with Bobby Heenan who has got another mystery on his mind…

hqdefault.jpg

Gene Okerlund: Bobby Heenan, welcome in here. I know you have got a lot on your mind, especially with the big cage match tomorrow night in Madison Square Garden with Hulk Hogan and King Kong Bundy…

Bobby Heenan: I am not here to talk about how King Kong Bundy is going to end Hulk Hogan tomorrow night. I mean look at how it is going to go down… tonight Hogan is going lose the title… then tomorrow night his career is going to be ended. No questions asked.

Mean Gene: I somehow don’t think it is going to play out that way….

Heenan: Who asked you?

Mean Gene: Please Bobby Heenan… now, I am told you have had your detective hat on recently?

Heenan: Don’t kid with me Okerlund... these two guys under masks... I know there are two of them and they are trying to mess with my Family!

Mean Gene: Please Heenan, fans let's take a look at the WWF Tag Team Champions...

Heenan: Hey I am not done yet...

*SPECIAL VIDEO OF THE BRITISH BULLDOGS*

*COMMERCIAL*

Vince McMahon: Well Jesse, the time has come, the championship is upon us.

Jesse Ventura: You can feel it Vince McMahon, goosebumps up and down my arm. I am ready for this big main event!

McMahon: The heavyweight championship is on the line… Roddy Piper and Andre the Giant are handcuffed together outside of the ring, fans let’s go to Howard Finkel.

-We then cut to the Fink who is running down the big main event. We then see the entrance of Bob Orton accompanied by Rowdy Roddy Piper. They have got some serious heat with the fans and the crowd is showering them with debris here in the Meadowlands. We then have the entrance of Andre the Giant who is given a very warm ovation. Piper continues to shake his head no as Andre just smiles. We then hear Hulk Hogan’s music hit and the roof explodes as the Champion is shown coming to the ring. He is rockin and rollin here as he is talking his entire way down to the ring. He points both his hands at Piper and Orton and needless to say… it is ON! We get some fun comedy shtick of Piper trying to evade the handcuffs before police officers stop him and then Andre grabs him and belts him with a right hand and they are cuffed together. Fink then gives us some big time announcements as the bell rings and we are underway.

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Roddy Piper & Andre handcuffed outside the ring

Hulk Hogan © vs Cowboy Bob Orton

-Nothing too crazy here as these guys have a pretty fun, formulaic match. It begins with Hogan sending Orton from pillar to post. He is hammering away at him with everything and Orton is selling like a car salesmen. We continue to see Piper try to get away from Andre but the Giant keeps pulling him back. The next stage of the contest sees Piper get up for just long enough to distract Hogan, leading to Orton getting control of the contest. We get a nice little 7-minute heat segment that sees Orton nail Hogan with a chair outside the ring but Piper was distracting the referee. We see Orton looking to finish here as he picks Hogan up for a huge BRAINBUSTER. He gloats around the ring and then runs for a big knee drop and Hogan is selling hard. Cowboy Bob then grabs Hogan and locks him in the sleeper and Piper is going wild. The fans are chanting for Hogan who goes down but then builds back up in a huge way. We see him hoist Orton up on his back and then go backwards into the turnbuckle! Hogan is shaking off the cobwebs but then blocks a couple of punches and he is fully Hulked up now! He hammers Orton once, twice, and a third time before tossing him to the ropes and BIG BOOT! Hogan hits the ropes and LEG DROP! 1….2….3!! HULK HOGAN HAS WON IT! HOGAN RETAINS THE TITLE! THE CROWD IS GOING WILD! The fans are going nuts in the arena but this one isn’t done. We see some commotion in the entrance way as Piper is leading the Giant there and out of nowhere it is King Kong Bundy and Bobby Heenan. Bundy nails Andre with a chair and he goes down hard! Bundy nails him a couple more times before Heenan gives Piper a key and he is unlocked from the cuffs. They grab Andre and lock his hands around the ring post before going in the ring after Hogan! Hogan does his best to fight them off but Bundy and Piper are too much! They hammer away at the big man but then we get to see the power of Andre who breaks the cuffs and goes into the ring. Piper and Bundy flee as the crowd is going nuts! Hogan gets up and tries to get them to come back into the ring but Piper backs off and Hogan works the crowd. Vince and Jesse put this through the roof as we will be right back.

*COMMERCIAL*

Vince McMahon: History made here tonight Jesse Ventura… Ace Cowboy Bob Orton must leave the WWF and now it seems like Roddy Piper has made a friend with the Heenan Family!

Jesse Ventura: I know a lot of people bad mouth Piper for having the Ace up his sleeve, but I think when push comes to shove, he is going to be the man who takes that title from the Hulkster.

McMahon: Fans we will have words from Hulk Hogan momentarily. Jesse, it appears as though the paperwork has come through though… Commissioner Bruno Sammartino has made it official… on March the 31st, right over the river in Madison Square Garden, at WrestleMania… it will be Hulk Hogan vs Roddy Piper for the WWF Championship!

Jesse: The biggest main event in the history of wrestling McMahon and it is going to happen at WrestleMania…

McMahon: We will have more on that card in the coming weeks… right now lets take it to Mean Gene Okerlund and the WWF Champion, Hulk Hogan!

hqdefault.jpg

Mean Gene: Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, welcome in here. Gentlemen, we just saw a successful title defense, but more importantly, I think we saw the hand that Roddy Piper is going to play against you Hulk Hogan as it is official… at WrestleMania you will defend the WWF Championship against him in Madison Square Garden.

Hulk Hogan: Well you know something Mean Gene…Roddy Piper just went all in with an Ace high but I had a Giant Flush and we flushed that Ace right down the drain dude. Roddy Piper, you have gone out and made some friends with the Heenan Family and it doesn’t surprise me one bit. You see when you run with weasels, you are what you are, but when you run with the biggest athlete in the world brother, you are a champion for life. This right here is the man with the plan and the man who kept you in check. But that was the past and now is the future brother. Let’s talk about tomorrow night in Madison Square Garden… let’s talk about King Kong Bundy and I inside that 15-foot high steel cage and just what could happen. Well Bundy, when it is all said and done and Humpty Bundy climbs up the cage but falls down thanks to the Hulkster’s RAGE whatcha gonna do brother? And Roddy Piper… the match is official dude… on March the 31st, live in Madison Sqaure Garden, the biggest event in the world, WrestleMania, it is going to be me and you and there is not going to be anywhere to run or hide and whatcha GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD AT WRESTLEMANIA ALL OVER YOU!

Mean Gene: Fans there you have it, we will have more on WrestleMania and this huge event at Madison Square Garden next week on our programming… thank you for joining us!

Interesting that you chose to solely show Hogan vs Orton on TV while I could've definitely have seen Savage vs Beefcake and Gino vs Davey Boy featured on that show as well. But those two matches would make for one heckuva great Coliseum Video release!

I figured with it being my equivalent to the War to Settle the Score, the one match works on television while the rest will be shown next week.

I appreciate the feedback on the promos.

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Gino Hernandez defeated Tony Falk

-Gino is hyping up the big tag title match tonight and puts over how he is going to walk out as a double champion! No word on who the partner is but he says he is going to shock the world!

Tony Atlas & Tito Santana defeated Los Conquistadors

-Inset from Valentine & Beefcake who put over their big tag match tonight against Atlas & Tito!

The Russians defeated The Invaders

-Ivan Koloff puts over Nikita and says he is about to release the chain and let the Nightmare loose!

Blackjack Mulligan defeated James Wright

-Blackjack gets on and talks about the injury to Sam Houston and says he doesn’t know if Sam will be back but he does know that he is coming for revenge and Bass better look out!

EVENT CENTER

-Mean Gene ran down the big result of last night’s Main Event and Hulk Hogan not only defeating Bob Orton but also sending him out of the WWF. He also put over the big WrestleMania event and said more details would be revealed in the coming weeks. He put over how next week on Wrestling Challenge, we would see footage from matches that took place last night before the Main Event and next week on Superstars we would get footage from tonight’s event in MSG. He runs down the card…

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & A Mystery Partner

Super Machine vs “King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan

Tito Santana & Tony Atlas vs Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

The debut of the FANTASTICS!

New York City, New York – Madison Square Garden

MAIN EVENT

CAGE MATCH

Hulk Hogan defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan – A nice bloody brawl. The finish sees Hogan kick the cage door at Heenan who goes flying!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams

-This one ended in a double count out. Adams and Hernandez were heat magnets and they really got the crowd going. It was a very fun contest but no clear cut winner at this point.

-Race won this contest via DQ when the Machines did the switch but didn’t try to hide it and then attacked Race and Heenan. The crowd went nuts for this as Super and Strong Machine worked the crowd!

-A very fun contest with Valentine & Brutus getting a big victory. It was in part to Jimmy Hart who got involved but we saw Dino Bravo come out and try to stop him.

The Fantastics defeated Los Conquistadors

-Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton are back in MSG after over a year. They have a lot of fire and really bring it in the ring and the crowd seems to support them. How will they fit in this already exciting tag team division?

WWF on Tour

2/20 – 2/22

Dayton, OH – Hara Arena

Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati Gardens

Cleveland, OH – Convention Center

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated Roddy Piper & King Kong Bundy

“King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas

The Machines defeated The Faces of Fear w/ Bobby Heenan via DQ

Larry Z defeated David Sammartino via DQ

WWF on Tour

2/20 – 2/22

Asbury Park, NJ – Convention Hall

Passaic, NJ – Capitol Theatre

West Warwick, RI – Civic Center

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage & Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake & Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © defeated The Russians

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated the Killer Bees

Blackjack Lanza vs Ron Bass wen to a double DQ

Jake Roberts defeated SD Jones

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from East Rutherford, NJ – The Meadowlands

Larry Z defeated SD Jones

-Larry Z gets a measure of revenge against SD tonight but against we see David Sammartino come down however this time it is Larry who uses that distraction to nail SD with a low blow and a roll up.

*COMMERCIAL*

Blackjack Mulligan w/ Sam Houston defeated Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

-We saw Ron Bass and Jack Lanza attack Sam Houston again and he ended up getting stretchered out. Mulligan was hogtied in the corner while all this happened.

*COMMERCIAL*

Gino Hernandez defeated Davey Boy Smith

-A really fun contest with Gino bumping around all over for Davey Boy but Gino has got a trick or two up his sleeve and we see him use some leverage to counter a big superplex and Gino lands on him for the three count!

*COMMERCIAL*

EVENT CENTER

-In the event center today, we get to hear from Mean Gene as he runs down the big happenings from last week’s Main Event. He puts over Hogan defeating Bob Orton and then defeating King Kong Bundy the next night, all-be-it controversially. He puts over WrestleMania and says that NEXT WEEK, we will have two more matches announced as they are be finalized right now as we speak! He puts over how we will see some special matches from last week’s Madison Square Garden show tomorrow on Superstars.

*COMMERCIAL*

Randy Savage © defeated Brutus Beefcake via DQ

-Jake Roberts got involved and DDT’d Savage outside the ring causing a DQ. We saw Roberts walk over Savage’s body and eye up Elizabeth. There was some big time heat here as officials and agents had to push him to the back.

WWF Live

Detroit, MI – Joe Louis Arena

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

SIX-MAN TAG

Harley Race & The Faces of Fear w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas & The Machines

Randy Savage © defeated Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams went to a 20-minute draw!

Andre the Giant defeated Roddy Piper via DQ!

Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from New York, NY – Madison Square Garden

-Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton are back in MSG after over a year. They have a lot of fire and really bring it in the ring and the crowd seems to support them. How will they fit in this already exciting tag team division?

*COMMERCIAL*

-A very fun contest with Valentine & Brutus getting a big victory. It was in part to Jimmy Hart who got involved but we saw Dino Bravo come out and try to stop him.

*COMMERCIAL*

-Race won this contest via DQ when the Machines did the switch but didn’t try to hide it and then attacked Race and Heenan. The crowd went nuts for this as Super and Strong Machine worked the crowd!

*COMMERCIAL*

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams

-This one ended in a double count out. Adams and Hernandez were heat magnets and they really got the crowd going. It was a very fun contest but no clear-cut winner at this point.

WWF Live

Chicago, IL – UIC Pavilion

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

SIX-MAN TAG

Harley Race & The Faces of Fear w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas & The Machines

Randy Savage © defeated Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © vs Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams went to a 20-minute draw!

Andre the Giant defeated Roddy Piper via DQ!

Tito Santana defeated Brutus Beefcake w/ Jimmy Hart

WWF on Tour

Pittsfield, MA - Boy's Club

Springfield, MA - Civic Center

Landover, MD - Capital Centre

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy & Roddy Piper

The Machines defeated The Faces of Fear w/ Bobby Heenan

“King” Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass w/ Jack Lanza

The Youngbloods defeated Los Conquistadors

WWF on Tour

Salisbury, MD - Wicomico Youth & Civic Center

Holyoke, MA - Boys Club

Skowhegan, ME – Civic Center

MAIN EVENT

ELIMINATION MATCH

Tito Santana, Dino Bravo, & The Fantastics defeated Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake, & The Hart Foundation

Randy Savage © defeated Larry Z

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The British Bulldogs © defeated The Russians via DQ

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated The Killer Bees

Jake Roberts defeated SD Jones