Pro Wrestling Only

Trump

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was Pro Wrestling Only, not Breitbart or some godawful Reddit forum. Yikes at the last two comments on here.

I agree 100%. Please keep that stuff away from here.

This thread was already approved as an off the topic of wrestling area. I agree we don't need to discuss politics on this site, but if you want to have a safe space where you can rip Trump to your desire, there's a million subreddits/websites/television stations that will fit your need. No need to do it here.

Sorry, this isn't DVDVR, r/politics or CNN. You don't get to trash one side then try to shut them down when they say something back. If you trash Trump, you are probably going to hear from me.

It's as if nothing was learned from the election results.

Someone wants to ban me, edit me or report me or whatever, do as you please, but if you are going to give it, you have to take it as well. This forum wouldn't exist if everyone had the same opinion on everything. I think the mods here are more than mature enough to understand that.

I thought this was Pro Wrestling Only, not Breitbart or some godawful Reddit forum. Yikes at the last two comments on here.

I agree 100%. Please keep that stuff away from here.

Third.

Fourth. Although I suppose its always good to be reminded that despite the level of discourse generally found here, there's a reason people stereotype wrestling fans. And its often correct.

Yeah, I think it's okay to talk about Trump in a wrestling context, since wrestling is often a reflection of culture, as is politics, and there is overlap. But just straight political posts I'd rather avoid. So yeah, Trump's relationship with the McMahons, his history in wrestling and even speculation on how his cultural impact may change wrestling is all fair game. Just offering opinions on his Presidency we can keep away from the board. It's a fine line, but I will do my best to trust everyone to walk it carefully.

That isn't fair, at least on this board I would imagine it is 90-10 anti-trump

That's probably true. But stereotypes aren't entirely false, they simply exaggerate it. Much like I saw someone wearing a 2020 reelection shirt in Central Park today. NYC may lean a certain way -- very heavily -- but nothing is 100%.

Not to fan the flames or anything, but holy crap at some of the pro-Trump stuff said above. Thanks for giving me a legit reason to ignore your posts and opinions from now on.

Jeez. Like this is some sort of sporting event where "Rah Rah, my team won so we're the best".

Anyway I think this thread is only asking for trouble. Comparing KellyAnne Conway to a wrestling heel manager? I thought managers were supposed to draw fans to the arena, not cause them to turn off their TV's and hate the world.

If I've asked people to stop, it's probably because I meant it.

Edit to add: If we can't stop, I'll close the thread and probably take more concrete action to tell everyone what can and cannot be talked about, which I really don't want to do and would hate to do and am not comfortable doing.

Thanks for giving me a legit reason to ignore your posts and opinions from now on.

I might be wrong, but I think this line of thinking is why this board was made Pro Wrestling *ONLY*

What I mean is: When someone posts an opinion on politics or social issues that's opposed to my own, strongly held, opinions it's all too easy to respond by thinking "That person is an idiot/a jerk/etc. and ALL of their opinions on ALL subjects are therefore invalid."

I do that, too. Like I said, it's all too easy.

I'd prefer to be able to have spirited discussions about pro wrestling with as many people as possible. So, I'd frankly prefer not to know whose opinions on more sensitive subjects differ wildly from mine. There's a danger that it could take away from what I enjoy about these boards, which is: Discussing and learning about pro wrestling. It sure would be nice if everyone (regardless of which side you take) could keep from pushing buttons on sensitive subjects. There are a lot of other places to do so, if that's your bag.

Anyway I think this thread is only asking for trouble. Comparing KellyAnne Conway to a wrestling heel manager? I thought managers were supposed to draw fans to the arena, not cause them to turn off their TV's and hate the world.

I think there is something really interesting in this. Wrestling has always been influenced by the outside world and has co-opted popular culture and current affairs.

However, I suspect this was a lot easier to do with a regional promoting model. It is easy to create characters borrowed from the wider world and make them appealing/appalling if you have a good idea of the politics of your audience. That becomes really tricky with a national, or international, model of promoting. Someone who resonates with conservatives as a character would probably be a real turn-off to a more liberal audience in another part of the country and vice versa.

I'm sure it could be done, but it wouldn't be the easiest thing to do without turning into tweener-hell.

I started a project to create a list of my hundred favourite matches from scratch, where a match only makes the list if I watch it and review it.

I've posted my reviews and the list so far on an FB group and not here because of the comments in another political thread and the cowardice in demands the thread be closed when a dissenting voice appeared.

I decided to come back and take part in the 2K project going on here because I felt it silly to abandon an informative and otherwise intelligent forum over one thread. But with comments like this:

Fuck you, dummy.
Let me guess, the only time your little dick worked was when it got half solid after you heard Lawler say he'd wet Kamala's lips and stick him on a wall.
You stink.

I'd rather miss out and buy whatever footage I need myself as I don't wish to be associated with people like this repugnant piece of work or the board's blatant left wing leaning in general. And again, when dissenters appear, the calls to close the thread soon follow.

Yeah, enough of this thread. I made the mistake of commenting on Trump at the board shortly after the election and vowed not to do it again, so I'm not going to do it here. This is being closed because it veered too far from wrestling, and because it has become an insult haven. We actually launched PWO in 2007 because knowing people had different political leanings than ourselves was coloring our opinions of their wrestling posts too much, so we've gotten way off track from our original mission. I need some time to think. Until then, everyone cool it, please.