• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9178 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

What's the best watch-along? I did this with Bruce's show on the '88 Royal Rumble and really enjoyed it.

The shittiest the PPV, the best the watch along, usually. Like it's been said, Havoc 95 has awesome stuff. Starrcade 97 was quite good too. 

#102 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Oh, yeah, I have heard the Souled Out 1998 podcast. That stuff about Steiner and the t-shirts and diner and such went onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 

#103 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

What's the best watch-along? I did this with Bruce's show on the '88 Royal Rumble and really enjoyed it.

The shittiest the PPV, the best the watch along, usually. Like it's been said, Havoc 95 has awesome stuff. Starrcade 97 was quite good too. 

It's true. Even Conrad and Tony will say things like, "I don't have a lot to say about match X - it was really good." 

It's more fun when they talk about the wrestlecrap. I thought Hog Wild 1996 was interesting, especially about Heenan being drunk and the generally terrible idea that the venue was. 

#104 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9178 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hog Wild wasn't a watch-along though, but yeah, it was quite an interesting episode.

#105 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

I don't watch them in order. I just pick a title that interests me, and then I let it play in the background while I work or fritter around the house. 

#106 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1438 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

I'm going to jump back in with the SuperBrawl 3 episode. I'm a big fan of that show, hoping they can muster some enthusiasm for it too.

#107 brocklock

brocklock
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

I'm going to jump back in with the SuperBrawl 3 episode. I'm a big fan of that show, hoping they can muster some enthusiasm for it too.

They loved Superbrawl 3. My favorite thing about this podcast is the complete 180 Tony has about wrestling. He's even searching out shows he's never seen on the network. I'm pretty much trying to tune out Conrad at this point. I'm listening for the WCW discussion, but he's very offputting. I remember him seeming fine on the Flair podcast and I haven't listened to enough of the Prichard one to have an opinion on it. He keeps trying to shoehorn in his boring beef with the Steiners in this episode and I don't find him funny at all. I usually skip ahead when he's busting Tony's balls and trying to bait him into an argument. Tony is great, and is why I haven't stopped listening to What Happened When.

#108 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1438 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

SuperBrawl episode was good, but Tony going off on an old school rant in defense of Windham v Muta was horribly misdirected anger.

#109 With Coil

With Coil
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

Is he really mad at Scott Steiner? I found his rant and then 'it was a rib lol' unfunny and weird.

#110 brocklock

brocklock
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 AM

Tony's reaction to hearing about The Mexicools for the first time was absolutely hilarious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users