• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#101 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

What's the best watch-along? I did this with Bruce's show on the '88 Royal Rumble and really enjoyed it.

The shittiest the PPV, the best the watch along, usually. Like it's been said, Havoc 95 has awesome stuff. Starrcade 97 was quite good too. 

#102 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

Oh, yeah, I have heard the Souled Out 1998 podcast. That stuff about Steiner and the t-shirts and diner and such went onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 

#103 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

What's the best watch-along? I did this with Bruce's show on the '88 Royal Rumble and really enjoyed it.

The shittiest the PPV, the best the watch along, usually. Like it's been said, Havoc 95 has awesome stuff. Starrcade 97 was quite good too. 

It's true. Even Conrad and Tony will say things like, "I don't have a lot to say about match X - it was really good." 

It's more fun when they talk about the wrestlecrap. I thought Hog Wild 1996 was interesting, especially about Heenan being drunk and the generally terrible idea that the venue was. 

#104 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hog Wild wasn't a watch-along though, but yeah, it was quite an interesting episode.

#105 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

I don't watch them in order. I just pick a title that interests me, and then I let it play in the background while I work or fritter around the house. 

#106 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1465 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

I'm going to jump back in with the SuperBrawl 3 episode. I'm a big fan of that show, hoping they can muster some enthusiasm for it too.

#107 brocklock

brocklock
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

I'm going to jump back in with the SuperBrawl 3 episode. I'm a big fan of that show, hoping they can muster some enthusiasm for it too.

They loved Superbrawl 3. My favorite thing about this podcast is the complete 180 Tony has about wrestling. He's even searching out shows he's never seen on the network. I'm pretty much trying to tune out Conrad at this point. I'm listening for the WCW discussion, but he's very offputting. I remember him seeming fine on the Flair podcast and I haven't listened to enough of the Prichard one to have an opinion on it. He keeps trying to shoehorn in his boring beef with the Steiners in this episode and I don't find him funny at all. I usually skip ahead when he's busting Tony's balls and trying to bait him into an argument. Tony is great, and is why I haven't stopped listening to What Happened When.

#108 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1465 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

SuperBrawl episode was good, but Tony going off on an old school rant in defense of Windham v Muta was horribly misdirected anger.

#109 With Coil

With Coil
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

Is he really mad at Scott Steiner? I found his rant and then 'it was a rib lol' unfunny and weird.

#110 brocklock

brocklock
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Tony's reaction to hearing about The Mexicools for the first time was absolutely hilarious. 

#111 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1465 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

Listened to the Bunkhouse Stampede episode today. I think this show is so much better when it's not a livewatch.

#112 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Listened to the Bunkhouse Stampede episode today. I think this show is so much better when it's not a livewatch.

The Wrestle War '91 episode is also not a live watch and has been excellent so far (I'm about 40 minutes in). Enjoy the live watches as well, as it gets me to watch some stuff that I normally wouldn't put on.

#113 BrianB

BrianB
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Depends on the show, but that ep was great. 

#114 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

If you believe the description of this week's episode, this thing is getting close to the end. When, it was fun while it lasted. Going through Superbrawl 98 live watch, and it's pretty good thus far.

#115 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

If you believe the description of this week's episode, this thing is getting close to the end. When, it was fun while it lasted. Going through Superbrawl 98 live watch, and it's pretty good thus far.

This is either a work or a transition to a show with Bischoff (or perhaps a show with Bischoff and Tony both).

#116 BrianB

BrianB
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:01 AM

I doubt either. Mostly because nothing about what Bischoff has done makes me think he's smart enough to know what to do to attract and keep wrestling fans. Which is sorta the issue of his whole tenure anywhere. Well, unless he can hook the hulkster. :D

#117 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:10 AM

I have zero interest in listening to Bischoff blabbing, so hopefully not.

#118 GFAllentown

GFAllentown
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:55 AM

Every wrestling podcast has a "run", and this one seemed to go longer than I anticipated after the run of "Tony can't remember anything" shows. Ending up at 60 or so isn't so bad.

With that said, I listened to the Halloween Havoc 95 show the other day while on a run and I laughed so damn hard at Tony working blue that I had to stop because I couldn't breathe so well.

At the end of the day, it was at least nice to hear from Tony again after his long self-imposed exile from wrestling.

#119 DeanColes1987

DeanColes1987
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:24 AM

Stopped listening months back but does Tony still pitch for a gig on the WWE Network?

#120 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2819 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

I have zero interest in listening to Bischoff blabbing, so hopefully not.

I have a little faith that Conrad could maybe push him into saying things he normally would avoid in interviews he's done before. One of his favorite phrases in shoot interviews is "I can't recall" or any derivations thereof, often said as if he's being told by his lawyers to say that. If he's somehow worn down by Conrad to the point that those go away, you'll have a hell of a show, in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users