Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/02 - 13/02

KawadaSmile

Roman Reigns was incredible in that opening segment I thought. That icy stare and the chance to actually cut a badass promo. Other than the Goldberg segment, that was all I saw. The more badass presentation of guys like Joe, Reigns, Strowman, Goldberg and Lesnar right now is in my mind how the top guys should be presented, and it would be cool to see a strong shift in that direction and away from the irony and catchphrases of acts like Chris Jericho and New Day.

I don't think the current tag team scene on Smackdown is really helping anybody. I don't see why they need to do this tag team turmoil thing at elimination chamber. I think over all it would be more meaningful to have one heel team challenge American Alpha, and just have a couple weeks of promos and run ins leading up to it. The problem with having 6 teams in one match is that when it's over you end up with 5 losers, and most of these teams already seem like losers.

Really enjoyed Smackdown and 205 live this week. Fatal 4 Way was good, I didn't mind Orton/Cena, even though I've seen it a lot. Luke Harper got to look awesome, the womens stuff was pretty strong.

And 205 Live, the 5 way was awesome, and Gallagher was great, and the crowd gave a shit. Seattle crowd was outstanding.

Oh wow, turned on the Hulu version of Raw this week because I have the trial and loooooool at that opening vid. High level HHH berrying going on in that package. Also, that whole opening segment worked out excellently from everyone. Joe looked and sounded like a huge deal and king bad ass (although the tie clip was a bit much, imo), Roman out there saying it was HIS YARD as part of the Taker build up. Joe had such a great career turn around starting from Brooklyn 2015 on, I'm hopeful he keeps that up on Raw and gets the AJ Styles treatment while he can still go at a high level.

Hulu version is certainly edited for audio as well, right? Not quite the Smackdown/Impact sound machine days, but the crowd noise doesn't match the crowd's physical reactions at all. The fuck was up with Cole saying it was the ALL NEW Elimination Chamber and then explaining the rules that were...exactly the same as every EC match?

I think the suggestion is that the actual chamber has been redesigned due to issues with arenas/those new thick video ringposts.

Apropos to nothing, but since WWE's YouTube page has hype vids for upcoming shows in every language now it made me realize what a better name NO ESCAPE is for this show (they don't use the name Elimination Chamber in Germany for obvious reasons).

I think the suggestion is that the actual chamber has been redesigned due to issues with arenas/those new thick video ringposts.

Apropos to nothing, but since WWE's YouTube page has hype vids for upcoming shows in every language now it made me realize what a better name NO ESCAPE is for this show (they don't use the name Elimination Chamber in Germany for obvious reasons).

Well, the February PPV that EC replaced was called No Way Out for years!

God damn, the promos on Smackdown were TERRIBLE. All of them. The most contrived shit, poor writing, poor delivery even from people like Miz and AJ. And SO LONG. Feels like over half the show was promo segments for just the women's matches.

There is three women's matches at the ppv. Whats wrong with pronos for women's matches?

God damn, the promos on Smackdown were TERRIBLE. All of them. The most contrived shit, poor writing, poor delivery even from people like Miz and AJ. And SO LONG. Feels like over half the show was promo segments for just the women's matches.

There is three women's matches at the ppv. Whats wrong with pronos for women's matches?

I like the angle you're coming at me with that I think the women shouldn't get promo time as opposed to thinking 2 LONG promo segments with 4 out of the 6 involved (Becky, Nattie, Nikki, Naomi) not being able to cut promos to save their lives, and one of the women that can actually talk delivering maybe the most robotic and poorly written promo I've ever heard from her (Mickie) were terrible. In exactly the same way that I pointed out the opening promo that involved 5 men was blatant filler that went on forever with terrible scripting and deliveries that did absolutely nothing but eat up time.

ALL of the speaking on that episode was bad. Commentary was atrocious as well. JBL's random screaming and constantly tripping over his words, Mauro's random screaming awful references, Tom Phillips' random shoehorned segments, Otunga delivering his lines with the authenticity of WWE 2K13.

Yeah but NO ESCAPE sounds like the name of a so-bad-it's-good 80s action movie, possibly starring Steven Segal.

NO ESCAPE is more of a Dolph Lundgren or JCVD movie. Steven Segal movies have to be able to have "Steven Segal is..." in front of it.