Pro Wrestling Only

[1965-03-12-France] Gilbert Cesca & Ben Chemoul vs Anton Tejero & Inca Peruano

Microstatistics

This was another awesome piece of french greatness and completely different from the previous Cesca/Cantanzarro match. I'm assuming the "Peruvians" are mexicans or Peru is the next forgotten pool of wrestling greatness that we need to unearth. This was like 60s Michinoku Pro. The Peruvians are bump freaks, just incredible as they launch themselves all over the ring and over the ropes for the french guy's offense. I think they took about a dozen different variations of over the top rope bumps in this one, my favourite being the skinnier launching himself over the rope, doing a backflip and tying himself up Andre style, all super fast, just incredible. When they are not bumping all over the place they are working over the faces with nasty punches and knees, including several of the top rope which was wild for a 60s match. Match wasn't as technical as the stuff we saw before but there was still plenty of cool shit such as a really beautiful backslide reversal. Cesca is kind of nondescript, but Chemoul is super athletic and charismatic. At random points they just decided to paste the heels with punches. The finish may have been a botch, just brutal looking as Cesca decides to do a flying headbutt and their heads collide at full speed knocking the peruvian out square. It didn't build to an epic finish but it was still a hell of a show.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1965-03-12-French Catch] Gilbert Cesca & Ben Chemoul vs Anton Tejero & Inca Peruano
  • GSR changed the title to [1965-03-12-France] Gilbert Cesca & Ben Chemoul vs Anton Tejero & Inca Peruano