Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Elimination Chamber 2017

KawadaSmile

Card rundown:

• Pre-show: Mojo Rawley vs Curt Hawkins;
  • Kalisto/Apollo Crews vs Dolph Ziggler;
  • Becky Lynch vs Mickie James;
  • Natalya vs Nikki Bella;
  • Tag Team Turmoil: American Alpha © vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs Breezango vs Slater and Rhyno vs The Vaudevillains;
  • Randy Orton vs Luke Harper;
  • Alexa Bliss © vs Naomi;
  • Elimination Chamber: John Cena © vs Bray Wyatt vs The Miz vs Baron Corbin vs Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to the Chamber match. Can't see how its anything worse than very good given the talent involved, time allotted and unique wrinkles the cage can add. Curious to see what AJ does in his first appearance here.

Cautiously optimistic about Harper/Orton as the former almost always over-delivers and will hopefully overcome Orton's inclination to wrestle his matches in the right lane until its RKO time.

Tag Title situation is definitely bathroom/extensive internet/other break time unless AA vs. Usos gets any extended time.

Very interested to see how the women do tonight. Becky hasn't looked great in the ring lately and I'm curious to see if that's due to her opposition since the brand split or perhaps some of her own limitations. Natalya/Nikki have had some decent brawls on Smackdown so with the right layout and time that could be fun.

No idea what the plan for Wrestlemania is or who is coming out of the Elimination Chamber with the title. I guess Cena retains? Or he could lose the belt & then at Wrestlemania have a chance to break Ric Flair's record?

The rest of the card looks really, really, really bad on paper.

Could not care less about Crews or Ziggler. I like Kalisto but feel this is an awful spot for him.

Surprised Ascension/Vaudevillains are both on the PPV. If they were released, I'm not sure who would even notice. I actually like Viktor but last time I saw Connor on TV, holy shit had he let himself go. Tag Match has too many bodies that don't mean anything.

I like Becky Lynch a lot but I have zero desire to see Mickie James wrestle in 2017. Alexa/Naomi will be awful. Don't expect much from Nikki/Nattie. Three women's matches on one brand PPV? Wow.

Harper/Orton could maybe be a sleeper but Orton doesn't seem to bring much anymore & Harper feels like damaged goods.

No idea what the plan for Wrestlemania is or who is coming out of the Elimination Chamber with the title. I guess Cena retains? Or he could lose the belt & then at Wrestlemania have a chance to break Ric Flair's record?

The rest of the card looks really, really, really bad on paper.

Could not care less about Crews or Ziggler. I like Kalisto but feel this is an awful spot for him.

Surprised Ascension/Vaudevillains are both on the PPV. If they were released, I'm not sure who would even notice. I actually like Viktor but last time I saw Connor on TV, holy shit had he let himself go. Tag Match has too many bodies that don't mean anything.

I like Becky Lynch a lot but I have zero desire to see Mickie James wrestle in 2017. Alexa/Naomi will be awful. Don't expect much from Nikki/Nattie. Three women's matches on one brand PPV? Wow.

Harper/Orton could maybe be a sleeper but Orton doesn't seem to bring much anymore & Harper feels like damaged goods.

I was under the impression they are doing Wyatt/Orton at Mania. Wasn't that the point of Orton winning the Rumble? I don't watch the TV but I figured that has to be the destination, doesn't it?

Plan is for Bray to win to set up Bray-Orton for the title.

Plan is for Bray to win to set up Bray-Orton for the title.

Doesn't feel like a very Wrestlemania like match. What's the plan for Cena then?

At least it'd be something different though.

Latest reports are Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse. You read that right.

By the way, love that. Miz and Maryse have been such a great act.

Agree they've been a very fun act. But there's no reason to expect anything special out of that match at Mania. Would've liked something with a bit more substance and potential for Cena to hit a home run.

I'm happy that Miz and Maryse are getting a high profile Mania match as their act has been fantastic for about a year now. I'm expecting the Chamber to be a great match, Becky/Mickie to be a real solid affair and I'm hoping that The Usos are out first in the Tag Team Turmoil, dispatch everyone quickly and we get a real long AA/Usos tag match to finish it.

The chamber match really should be a lot of fun.

It is kind of interesting/nice to see so many womens matches on the card.

Orton/Harper actually feels a little like a match that is primed to overachieve. I got all the time in the world for Harper getting high profile matches.

As for Mania, man... i really like the Miz/Maryse act as well, but I am not at all excited for that mixed tag. I think the build for it will be interesting, but i have pretty modest expectations for what will actually happen at Mania. I legit hope I am wrong thought (if that is what they go with, of course).

By the way, love that. Miz and Maryse have been such a great act.

Agree they've been a very fun act. But there's no reason to expect anything special out of that match at Mania. Would've liked something with a bit more substance and potential for Cena to hit a home run.

I think it's only booked so they can have a manufactured Wrestlemania Moment with *spoiler* Cena proposing to Nikki after the match

I do not venture to these parts of the forums too often, but I do watch Smackdown weekly and really enjoy the breezy the show they produce. I am quite shocked to find people are not enjoying the Smackdown's women division. I have found it to be much more enjoyable than Charlotte/Sasha show on RAW. Charlotte/Sasha do have the better matches, but Becky/Alexa have had the better promos and angles week-to-week. I thought their matches have been great. Alexa really packs punch for such a tiny chick. I think she is fierce and nasty. She knows how to get great real heat. The Mickie James addition was a great way to PROGRESS the story and add a logical wrinkle. So many typical WWE stories are shoot the angle, three weeks of NO PROGRESSION and then heres the match. The Becky/Alexa feud actually featured week-to-week progression. Instead of Becky winning endless non-title rematches but no title matches, they came up with an old school way to distract Becky, keep Alexa as a champion to draw out the big Becky/Alexa match and honestly I think they can draw it out to Summerslam. This is great old school booking.

I am legitimately shocked at any Becky hate when I think she is the best pure babyface they have on the roster. Great shines, awesome seller and definitely brings the STRAIGHT FIYAH on the comeback. I know I am a traditionalist. So maybe the fact that these women are executing a traditional babyface/heel storyline and matches is why it is a turnoff for some, but I think currently it is the best one vs one feud in WWE. It has been one of the best feuds of the year. I think Smackdown has been the best week-to-week booking in WWE since 2001. AJ/Ambrose/Ellsworth was tremendous episodic TV with PROGRESSION week-to-week.

Again really surprised to hear anything negative about the Smackdown's womens division, which I think has been on fire and is the more complete and interesting division compared to RAW though I freely admit Charlotte/Sasha has had more high-end, big matches.

I love Becky. She's my favorite female wrestler in WWE by quite a large margin. I like Alexa Bliss too and Nikki Bella occasionally brings it. I have no problem with them.

I don't like Mickie James at all. I think Nattie is downright bad. And Naomi, despite having an awesome entrance & being extremely athletic, really needs to slow down because she gets too sloppy.

I like the women on Smackdown & enjoyed the Becky/Alexa stuff. I just don't enjoy what they're all doing right now.

This doesn't sound that bad to me. It could be fun.