Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Elimination Chamber 2017

KawadaSmile

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what to make of the finish (multi-woman match at Mania, I reckon), but Bliss-Naomi over-delivered. Bliss has been surprisingly tough since NXT, and she was a hell of a heel here. Her nearfall reactions to the ref reminded me of Flair or Gino, actually. Everything on this show's been more entertaining that it needed to be for a Clash of the Champions two weeks after the Rumble. SD special events have been making use of the brand's interesting roster.

Think they also replaced the steel mesh that was around the ring but not sure with what. Remember those bumps on them looked painful in the original version

From the look & sound of it they're now using some kind of cushioning/mat that's presumably a lot safer.

It does sound like mat. Even if it's just flat board, it looks way safer to bump on. The stuff on the grate before did not seem like it had a good pain:impressiveness ratio.

Funny how Cena does an AA against the Miz and it actually get the pin and then we go back to Cena's finishers not working unless it is done 3 or 4 times

In kayfabe, Miz is a "not great" wrestler who gets by being arrogant and finding ways to cheat his way to victories. AJ Styles is incredibly tough, incredibly talented, and on a different level then Miz in terms of actual wrestling talent, he's also just a total dick. It makes sense to me.

So they put Orton vs Reigns to end the Rumble so that Orton will get a big pop to win. They put Wyatt vs Styles so that he'll get a heel reaction.

Quite clever booking really, even if I didn't love elements of it.

I do love that it took Bray about 3 and a half years to beat Cena clean, but he has finally done it.