Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Elimination Chamber 2017

KawadaSmile

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gratz to Bray. That match was fun.

I really love the career trajectory of Baron Corbin though. Started in NXT, worked his way up to the main roster. Won the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at Wrestlemania last year. This year he'll probably win the Intercontinental Title from Dean Ambrose. Next year he can win the Royal Rumble then the World Title at Wrestlemania. That would be a great three years and really show him climbing the ladder. I would like that.

This isn't the first time its been said, nor will it be the last, but it very much feels like this match in particular would benefit *tremendously* from blood. As it is this has been a really great EC match thus far.

This is why I never get the calls to bring War Games back. War Games without blood was terrible.

Besides my quibbles above, a really great match. For all of WWE's faults (and they are legion), they're great at putting together multi-man matches.

And let me be the 1,000,000th person to marvel at AJ Styles. The man deserves a couple months off after the year he's had, and the nutter bumps he's taken in every big match.

Well it took nearly 4 years but Bray finally got to pin the top guys of the promotion. Up to this point his biggest pinfall victory in a big match was probably against Bryan over 3 years ago.

Only thing left really on SD is to set up Shane v AJ

I assume they will have a multi person IC title match and same for the women's title

Can't complain about anything much with the chamber match. That gimmick almost always delivers and this was one of the better ones. Thought Miz would cost Cena the fall but at the same time, it made sense for them to book Bray strong. The Corbin stuff was perfect. AJ lived up to sky-high expectations. Good shit all around.

Can't complain about anything much with the chamber match. That gimmick almost always delivers and this was one of the better ones. Thought Miz would cost Cena the fall but at the same time, it made sense for them to book Bray strong. The Corbin stuff was perfect. AJ lived up to sky-high expectations. Good shit all around.

It's a pretty easy gimmick to do IMO.

You got 4 big props to play with:

- Breaking the cell glass

- Jumping on top of the cell

- The flooring around the ring

- The cage itself

Truly not that far off from TLC. I'd be interested in seeing them do a 3v3 Elimination Chamber, which would be as close to Wargames as we are ever going to get. Would love to see a catwalk on top of the cells as well for even more fun.

This could go in the Ziggler thread (if there is one), but I'll posit it here in case it gains no traction...

Ziggler reminds me of 89' Luger or even modern Jericho and (I predict) Bray Wyatt in that he is more over as a face when he's supposed to be a heel than he ever is when he's an actual face. For example, wasn't his initial big push a few years back a "double turn" with ADR where Ziggler, the heel, was getting cheered because the crowd felt it was "his time" and Del Rio was flopping as a good guy?

As good as his feud with Miz was, the "Thank You Ziggler" chant he received after Pillmanizing Apollo Crews seemed louder than any pop he had during that feud, which I'd say was probably his peak in popularity.

It's a funny thing to me and one that is not super common. Even Austin, who was booked as a heel at the start of 97' for example, got MORE over when he was clearly a face in 98' so it's not like you can just explain it away as "fans like to cheer heels." Another example not being the case would be Rollins - save for some nights here or there, he got a general 50/50 response as a heel (which is par for the course) while, after the turn, he now gets a fairly muted response and is obviously not mega-over. Ziggler, on the other hand, has been consistently more "beloved" when the smarks feel like the WWE is trying to "book him into being unpopular" or something.

Didn't like the outside going from the grating to completely padded, meaning guys over did bumps on it, making them feel like a video game instead of this dangerous and violent thing. Still, it was very well paced and everyone looked great in it. I missed the first hour of the show, but it seemed like the crowd was unusually hot.