Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-07-CMLL] El Satanico & Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero vs Lizmark & Olimpico & Tarzan Boy

soup23

Tarzan Boy is flaunting the belt right in the face of the Infernales. They take to that about as expected by beating the shit out him. A crazy twisting dive by Bucanero and then a brutal submission makes short work of TB in the primera caida. I thought the tecnicos showed good fire in winning the second fall with Lizmark hitting a senton splash. Olimpico gets a unique roll up and TB does some mask ripping and peppers shot at Satanico. A humorous moment where we cut to a baby taking a bottle. Back from break, Satanico is obsessed with the hair of TB as he continuously pulls it and keeps scratching his head. Infernales try the same submission again but this time Olimpico and Lizmark are able to fend off. TB tries the same but gets caught and Satanico hideously headbutts him right in the nuts for the foul and the win for the tecnicos. More of the same for these guys but they found new ways to keep things going. ***1/4

• 4 weeks later...

I liked moments of this, but I don't think it had enough time to develop. I've seen shorter matches that have been better, but this one felt too short in a way others haven't. It was cool to see how they kept the action moving, but Tarzan Boy's long hesitation before taking action when he has Satanico down annoys the shit out of me. Lots to love here, but this still falls short overall.

• 4 weeks later...

This was heavily clipped but from what we saw there was a clear throughline. The opening fall was sloppier than we're used to from the Infernales but it established a clear narrative: the Infernales were out to extract revenge and it was up to the tecnicos to prevent themselves from being bullied. Tarzan Boy wasn't a natural aggressor, but fortunately for him, Lizmark and Olimpico managed to fire up in the second caida and Olimpico, in particular, was hellbent on using his skill to outclass the rudos. I liked the part where Tarzan Boy took the fight to Satanico and Lopez shook him off, ready for a fist fight. Unfortunately, it disintegrated into a screwy finish instead of rabid brawling. Still, the tecnicos got the moral victory even if it left Tarzan Boy with sore balls.

• 2 weeks later...

The feud between Tarzan Boy and the Infernales continues. The first fall has a cool corkscrew by Bucanero on a double team. The highlight of the second fall was Satanico's head slipping out of Tarzan Boy's hands as Satanico finally found an advantage for his shaved head. Satanico gets his team disqualified after the headbutt to Tarzan Boy's crotch. With Tarzan Boy having a title, maybe some championship matches are on the way. Fun match.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-07-CMLL] El Satanico & Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero vs Lizmark & Olimpico & Tarzan Boy