Pro Wrestling Only

Between the Sheets #84 (February 22-28, 2001) (Featuring Phil Schneider)

KrisZ

C5pehO7U8AATS-J.jpg

Kris & David are joined by Phil Schneider (Segunda Caida) this week to discuss the week that was February 22-28, 2001. We talk about the ongoing problems with WCW’s potential sale to Fusient along with everything else going on with the dying promotion. We also talk about everything Japan, the birth of Mat Rats, the scene in Mexico & Puerto Rico before Phil joins us to talk about the burgeoning US Indies scene including the Super 8 tournament, which made American Dragon & Low-Ki stars. We then close with a huge WWF section featuring the firing of Stacy Carter and the quitting of Jerry Lawler. This is a absolutely loaded show and a must listen!!!

Timestamps:

0:00:00 WCW
1:09:03 Japan: AJPW, NJPW, Noah, Zero-One, BJPW, FMW, IWA Japan, Osaka Pro, Toryumon, Jd’, Arsion, AJW, & Neo
1:52:41 MMA: Pride, RINGS, King of the Cage, & UFC
2:30:22 Classic Commercial Break
2:33:33 Housekeeping & The Amazon Game
3:20:44 Other North America: Matrats.com, WCEW, AAA, CMLL, IWRG, Monterrey, GWAS, IWAPR, & WWC
3:56:04 U.S. Indies: ECW, ICW, ECWA, CZW, Revolution Pro, XPW, & Potpourri
5:00:40 WWF

To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at https://patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!

You can also support the show by shopping with our Amazon referral link at https://tinyURL.com/BTSAmazon — Nothing extra comes out of your wallet, but Amazon gives us a kickback for referring you to them.

To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app’s directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-84-february-22-28-2001-with-phil-schneider/

Have you guys ever thought about breaking the shows up into a few smaller shows, rather than releasing one giant show at once? I think that might be easier for listeners to listen to 3-5 shows that are around an hour each, rather than one monster 5-6 hour podcast. I know for me, I fell behind last week because I had a busy week at work and did not have time for podcasts, so now I'm about 12 hours behind on Between the Sheets after two weeks, so it would be easier to catch up for sure if I could listen to smaller podcasts than to try to start one giant podcast while getting behind on other podcasts on my feed. The shows usually break off into nice, even segments anyway, and having smaller podcasts might be easier on you guys too. Just a thought.

I think the timestamps kind of solve that problem on their own. I don't think I've ever listened to a full BTS episode in one sitting unless I had a really long drive somewhere. If I have to stop listening I just make a mental note of where I had to leave off so I can quickly skip back to it.

I think the timestamps kind of solve that problem on their own. I don't think I've ever listened to a full BTS episode in one sitting unless I had a really long drive somewhere. If I have to stop listening I just make a mental note of where I had to leave off so I can quickly skip back to it.

I get Cox's point, though: The runtime may scare off potential listeners before they even see there are timestamps. So I'm curious what people think about adding a 2nd feed.