NWA Lutte Internationale March 1985

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 1443 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

Sorry about that. That's something I need to be more careful about, even if it's not something major. I usually do this because I think people might picture  different kinds of finishes when they read the results. But I always indicate when there's a DQ or CO when necessary. So, if there's no specifics included, it's either by pinfall or submission. ;)

#22 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1000 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

No need to apologize. Letting us fill in the blanks is an effective storytelling technique. Sometimes I wonder how you imagine it going, though.

#23 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

I usually leave myself some leeway and my options open, in case I wanna modify the direction I want an angle going. That's why I'm more precise in those situations in my match results.

#24 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

March 10th, 1985

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal

Best 2-out-of-3 Falls Match: Baron Von Raschke beat Gilles Poisson in 11:22 2 falls to 1. Von Raschke won the 1st fall with the Iron Claw; Poisson won the 2nd fall with a school boy; Von Raschke won the 3rd fall after interference from Boris Zhukov after Von Raschke inadvertantly clotheslined referee Luigi Macera. Von Raschke & Zhukov shake hands and are joined by Alexis Smirnoff. Baron Von Raschke joins the Bolshevik Revolution!

-Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Luke Williams in 10:05

-UFO upsets Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette & Randy Rose) in 5:31. Postmatch, The Midnight Express attacked the masked wrestler and hit a double flapjack on UFO!

-Boris Zhukov (w/Baron Von Raschke) beat Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 15:59 with a handful of tights

-Dory Funk Jr beat Bob Backlund in 11:27

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Terry Funk beat The Spoiler in 75:14 to retain

#25 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1354 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Nice card here.  You really love those long matches!  I used to love watching the Spoiler walk across the top ropes and do some pretty cool things but not sure I have the attention span for 75 minutes.  It is a good way tobring in the dough as you only have to pay for a few wrestlers.

#26 agentofenton

agentofenton
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Terry Funk for 75 minutes.  I'll take it!

#27 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

March 15th, 1985

Baysville, ON

-Carlos Colon beat UFO (Frenchy Martin under a mask) in 10:32

-The Great Kabuki (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Butch Miller in 7:07 after spitting the Green Mist in Miller's face!

-Terry Taylor (w/Sherri Martel) beat Dory Funk Jr in 12:05

-Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 12:18

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau beat Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 9:30

-Bob Backlund & Luke Williams beat NWA United States Champion Magnum TA & Superstar Billy Graham in 19:44 after Backlund pinned Graham

NWA International Tag Team Championship: Gino Brito & Rick Martel beat Bob Orton & Sam Houston in 17:41 to retain

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Terry Funk beat Alexis Smirnoff in 15:34 to retain after using his branding iron on Smirnoff before Smirnoff could use the Soviet flag on Funk!

#28 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2320 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Nice to see Funk really starting to take the reigns here. I think he is the most controversial and enigmatic character in the game when it comes to how he can be used in so many ways. Glad to see he's on top here. 

#29 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1000 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

NWA International Heavyweight Championship: Terry Funk beat Alexis Smirnoff in 15:34 to retain after using his branding iron on Smirnoff before Smirnoff could use the Soviet flag on Funk!

Do unto others *before* they can do unto you.

#30 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Yeop, Terry Funk is a master at that!

#31 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1354 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Agreed with everything above.  Love how the top of your roster continues to shine.  When the 85 Fresh Face Draft was coming, I had originally thought I had a chance at getting Funk but was truly unsure what to do with.  You have him in a perfect place.  Congrats to you!

#32 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

Well, that's the beauty of my partnership with Mid-Atlantic; we can definitely help each other out on many levels. And I know it's gonna be the same with you and Continental for the UWF. Really excited about the year going forward.

#33 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

Broadcasted on March 16th, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we’re headed to the broadcast booth where Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier awaits us to start the show.)

Guy Hauray: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another exciting episode of NWA Lutte Internationale TV. You’re in for a treat this week as we’ll have a featured Lutte vs Mid-Atlantic showdown this week as all of our matches today will be presenting interpromotional matches.

Édouard Carpentier:  And quite the names present this week:  “Cowboy” Bob Orton, Sam Houston, “Superstar” Billy Graham, NWA United States Champion Magnum TA & NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk will ALL be in action for us this week. This is quite the episode we have for you this week, but I think our fans are ready for action, what do you think? Why wasting our time this week??

Guy Hauray: They sure are, Eddie! Let’s get right to it!

Match #1

Dominic DeNucci (Lutte) vs Superstar Billy Graham (Mid-Atlantic)

Not much that could be said about this match other than Superstar completely dominated DeNucci from the start. Graham finishes things off early with a bearhug to score a flawless victory in less than 2:30.

Winner: Superstar Billy Graham

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK**********

Match #2

Gilles “The Fish” Poisson & Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland (Lutte, w/Frenchy Martin) vs “Cowboy” Bob Orton & Sam Houston (Mid-Atlantic)

At the start of the match, the broadcast booth recalls the history of Bob Orton in the territory, including the infamous Masked Cowboys angle that lead to Orton & Dick Slater challenging The Rougeau Brothers in a Street Fight last September. While Orton & Slater were quite a formidable duo, Orton & Houston still are impressive together over the tandem of The Fish & Le Magnifique. However, a too enthusiastic Sam Houston will prove to be the demise of the Mid-Atlantic duo as Houston tries to hit his patented Bulldog on Poisson but Richard Charland holds Houston’s foot outside the ring. That allowed Poisson to roll up Houston for the victory as Charland is fighting outside with Orton.

Winners: Gilles “The Fish” Poisson & Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland

*********COMMERCIAL BREAK*********

Match #3

Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) vs NWA United States Champion Magnum TA

The broadcast mentions the fact that this is a non-title match and they also plug the current rivalry between Magnum TA and NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk. Jim Cornette tries to get involved early with all sorts of shenanigans to distract Magnum but it doesn’t take long before Magnum steps outside the ring and smacks Cornette on the buttocks with his own tennis racquet! But this allowed in the process Condrey to jump Magnum from behind and ambush him, sending the champion into the ring post. Condrey sent Magnum back in the ring and started working on the damaged area, the shoulder & neck of Magnum. A bruised & battered but still yapping Jim Cornette kept shouting instructions to his protégé. Condrey had all the momentum in the world going and was about to hit his patented Enziguri but Magnum dropped down and Condrey ended up face first on the mat. Magnum mounted the irresistible comeback and was definitely on his way to put away Condrey with his belly-to-belly suplex when out of nowhere, Terry Funk, ran in and assaulted Magnum with a branding iron! Referee Adrien Desbois called for the bell and awarded the match to Magnum. Desbois tried to stop the NWA International Heavyweight Champion but Funk nailed Desbois with the branding iron himself! And not willing to stop there, Funk delivered a piledriver to Desbois as well! With the senior referee out cold, Funk continued his unrelenting assault on Magnum TA by choking him with his branding iron. Finally, some more officials run from backstage to stop the Funker. Funk steps outside the ring and goes to the broadcast booth.

Winner by disqualification: Magnum TA

Terry Funk: I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let a pretty boy like Magnum TA come into my yard and trying to take my spotlight. I’M THE MAN AROUND HERE. Not Magnum TA, not Rick Martel, not anybody else but me. Magnum TA made the biggest mistake of his life by following me around here.

Édouard Carpentier: Terry, you and I both know that Magnum didn’t  de—

Terry Funk: All he had to do was refusing to take any bookings around here.  That man is a glutton for punishment. It’s gonna be bad enough for him that I’m gonna take away his United States Championship soon and now, he wants to show up here? He’s gonna suffer the consequences of this. Nobody is insane enough to step into the ring with me. And if they do...well, would you look at this!

(The camera pans aside to reveal that Carlos Colon walked onto the set in wrestling gear, yelling at Funk in Spanish)

Terry Funk: Look, I don’t speak Spanish so I don’t got any idea what you’re telling me but by the looks of it, you seem to want to defend Magnum TA, aren’t ya? Go ahead, he’s lying right there in the ring! Go check on him.

(Carlos Colon yells some more insults at Funk in Spanish)

Terry Funk: OK, OK, look...fine...fine....fine. Alright, you didn’t like that I did that and I’m sorry. You’re right, that wasn’t my business and I shouldn’t have gotten in there. I’m gonna leave now...

(Colon turns around to go check on Magnum, who’s on his way back to the locker room when Terry Funk blindsides him with a left! Colon goes down hard in front of the broadcast booth!)

Terry Funk: GET ME A REFEREE IN HERE SO I CAN MESS UP THAT GRINGO REAL BAD.

(Referee Luigi Macera gets into the ring and it seems like we have our impromptu main event!)

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

Carlos Colon vs NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk

The Porto Rican superstar has no clue of what happened and is struggling to recover as Terry Funk is mercilessly pummelling him with left hands. Most of this match is all Terry Funk continuing on the momentum he gave himself by that sneak attack on Colon at the broadcast booth. In the meantime, the broadcast team hypes that Tony Schiavone & David Crockett should have an update on Magnum TA in their next edition of World Championship Wrestling although they’re being told that Magnum is doing OK. Funk is going non-stop at Colon and it seems like Funk will finish him with the Spinning Toe Hold but Colon rams Funk head first in the turnbuckle! Funk goes down and that allows Colon to finally recover and mount some offense on the NWA International Heavyweight Champion. Funk is in trouble as Colon is delivering dropkicks and clotheslines on  the Funker! A couple of nearfalls and Colon comes oh so close to getting the victory. Colon is about to finish off Funk and reels back to hit Funk again but his elbow accidentally catches Luigi Macera in the eye. The ref is temporarily neutralized but Colon trips Funk and decides to go with the Figure Four Leglock anyway! Funk is in deep trouble and tries to drag himself to the ropes but Colon still has a firm grip on the hold. Funk is able to position himself to drag his body close enough to grab his branding iron in the corner! And of course, Funk grabs it and whacks Colon with it! Colon goes limp and Funk gets rid of the smoking gun by throwing it outside. Funk undoes the hold and covers Colon as the referee regains his composure and makes the 3 count! Funk steals another victory! This week’s show ends with Funk standing tall in the ring, claiming that nobody can beat him and he’ll be the champion FOREVER!

Winner: Terry Funk

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

#34 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

March 16th, 1985

Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, ON

aerial.gif

Wildcard MatchUFO & Butch Miller beat Alexis Smirnoff & Afa in 23:45

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland in 6:08

-Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Sam Houston in 9:45

6-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: NWA International Tag Team Champions Gino Brito & Rick Martel & Sika beat NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk & The Sensationals (Terry Taylor & Billy Robinson, w/Sherri Martel) in 80:05. Rick Martel was the sole survivor of his team, last eliminating Terry Funk with a school boy.

#35 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1354 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Funk is being chased by some pretty big names in the world of wrestling.  I am also interested in seeing how long Orton can put up with the young Sam Houston causing the winners share of the purse!

#36 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

March 17th, 1985

St. Catharines, ON

-The Spoiler beat Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 8:08

-Luke Williams beat Baron Von Raschke in 5:55

-Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) beat Carlos Colon in 7:03

6-Men Elimination Tag Match: The Wild Samoans & Superstar Billy Graham beat The Missing Link, Bob Orton & Sam Houston in 14:12

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland beat NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau in 13:38

-The Bolshevik Revolution (Smirnoff & Zhukov) beat NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau & the returning Armand Rougeau in 12:40

8-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: NWA International Tag Team Champions Gino Brito & Rick Martel, NWA International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk & Édouard Carpentier beat The Sensationals (w/Sherri Martel) in 17:47. Terry Funk abandoned his teammates mid-way through the match. Brito & Martel were the lone survivors for their team

NWA United States Championship: Magnum TA beat Dory Funk Jr in 85:01 with the Belly-to-Belly Suplex to retain.

#37 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7637 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

Holy shit, you run the town I went to university in. I don't know if I could had handled an 85 minute Dory match, but a very fun overall show.

#38 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

Great show, I love what you are doing with Terry Funk...however I agree with Grimmas, you would have to hand out coffee to the fans to stay awake for an 85 minute Dory Funk match with a still somewhat green Magnum TA in 1985.

#39 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the constructive feedback. Always important to get some when we need it. Will keep that in mind for the future ;)

#40 agentofenton

agentofenton
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

LOVE the Funk/Magnum angle.  Terry Funk is the man around here...and that's awesome.

The elimination matches on the recent house shows look like a lot of fun. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users