Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane

Ricky Jackson

On paper this show looks good. Reigns vs Strowman should be heated and hard hitting. I expect Joe vs Zayn to deliver. Charlotte vs Bayley should as well. I'm intrigued with how you book Owens vs Goldberg. Seems wrong to have Goldberg work a competitive long match before facing Lesnar again. Do we get a squash of Owens then?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reigns/Strowman should be good. Joe/Zayn should be good. Curious if Goldberg wins the title. I don't think Brock/Goldberg or Jericho/Owens either one really needs to be a title match at Wrestlemania. Neville/Gallagher should also be pretty good.

I do actually hope that Goldberg squashes Owens. Maybe Jericho distracts Owens which leads to a Spear then Brock can beat down Goldberg after the match?

I'll be shocked if Brock plays any part in the Owens/Goldberg match. Before, during or after. I just don't see WWE paying what it costs for a date on him to have him show up at a PPV unannounced and not wrestle a match.

If they were worried about Brock's numbers of days in the company; they wouldn't have booked him 5 or 6 times in the last year on house shows to work a total of 5 minutes combined. Besides it isn't like he has that power play of "I can work for UFC". At least not for a couple years

Ugh... I do not want to see Goldberg squash Owens. I suspect it will happen. I suspect Jericho might be involved early, but I really don't want to see a squash match.

I know a lot of people here don't care for Owens much, but I am confident he could walk Goldberg through a 10 -15 minute match where Goldberg more or less looks dominant, but Owens makes it competitive with heel tactics, stalling, and street smarts. I am hoping for AT LEAST that. They really need to get Goldberg in a real match setting for more than 2 minutes before Wrestlemania.

Looking forward to the card on the whole. It should be fun. I am really interested to see where they go with Zayn/Joe, hoping that one or both of them is going to be doing something other than a ladder match or a battle royal at Mania.

It's crazy how much talent isn't booked for this show, in comparison to SDL where it seems like it's always all hands on deck and their "bench" is literally non-existant.

Well they also have 15 or more guys on the RAW roster than Smackdown because of that "3 hour show gets more people than the 2 hour show" thing. If the Cruiserweight guys were on Smackdown, I doubt we would see a Drew Gulak or Lince Dorado on a Smackdown PPV pre show match

They really need to get Goldberg in a real match setting for more than 2 minutes before Wrestlemania.

Why? I don't think people want to see long Goldberg matches. It's all about his aura of being a destroyer. I don't care if he wins the title tonight or not but I don't want to see him wrestle Kevin Owens for twenty minutes nor Brock at Wrestlemania. That's what they tried to do with him his first time around in WWE and it sucked. He's not really made for long matches.

They really need to get Goldberg in a real match setting for more than 2 minutes before Wrestlemania.

Why? I don't think people want to see long Goldberg matches. It's all about his aura of being a destroyer. I don't care if he wins the title tonight or not but I don't want to see him wrestle Kevin Owens for twenty minutes nor Brock at Wrestlemania. That's what they tried to do with him his first time around in WWE and it sucked. He's not really made for long matches.

Because he is eventually going to have to wrestle Brock at Mania and unless they are planning on making that a squash he might want to go through some of the motions of having a match in front of an audience at some point. I said 10-ish minutes with Owens doing most of the work wit distractions and hellishness, not an iron man match. You are right, no one wants 20 minute Goldberg matches, me included; I just don't want to see him come in and run through Owens. Aside from how much it frustrates me from a booking standpoint (another story for another day), Goldberg running over the roster is just not appealing to me. It is the kind of booking my friends who stopped watching at the tail end of the Attitude Era would book between beers the one night they come over to watch wrestling a year.

They got the surprise with him squashing Brock, so I hope they give us a surprise with something other than a 2 minute squash here.

Did Booker T explain the Reigns vs Strowman feud by mentioning the Jake Roberts vs Lord Humongous angle from Mid South. Tremendous and way over WWE fans head

Like that they are even trying to hide that it sounds like Noam Dar is saying Alicia Fucks :)

Swann/Tozawa vs Doar/Kendrick was a really fun match and one of the few matches since the beginning of the cruiserweights that the crowd really got behind.

Joe vs Zayn was what it was supposed to be, and in turn it was quite enjoyable. The match was well executed with little splashes of dynamic moves that really stood out. That straight right looked really good. It was a Joe showcase, but they played up Zayn's heart and determination.

If they keep adding this little matches like Jinder Mahal vs Cesearo, Owens vs Goldberg match is only going to go about 2 minutes unless they are doing a bunch of over time

This will be the match where it actually went about 6 minutes and Bryan Alvarez will tell us that it was 36 minutes

If they keep adding this little matches like Jinder Mahal vs Cesearo, Owens vs Goldberg match is only going to go about 2 minutes unless they are doing a bunch of over time

This will be the match where it actually went about 6 minutes and Bryan Alvarez will tell us that it was 36 minutes

I was literally just thinking this. This segment is taking up a lot of time, so I am not expecting much out of the main.

Has a heel done more babyface things and yet is still a heel ever than Russev. Defends his wife from a naked scumbag and beats up Jinder Mahal

At this rate I am expecting a Titus O Neil match

Man who did Russev or more specifically Lana piss off in the back AGAIN to get this ass kicking