Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Fastlane

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when Rusev rode a TANK to the ring to face John Cena at Wrestlemania? Jesus... getting beat by the Big Show in a segment designed to start a feud with Jinder Mahal might be the actual opposite of that.

Cole, of all damn people, talking about how Gallagher isn't a high flier so Neville felt safe to go outside because he wouldn't get hit with any dives was amazing, only for Gallagher to bust out a DIVE later in his desperation to win. That was the first time any main roster cruiser stuff felt a little bit like the CWC.

I love Neville's attitude, look, and demeanor as a heel, but he's falling into the same issue that Kendrick had as heel champ where he is TOO grounded and doesn't have enough high spots for the division he's in. Still, this is a pretty good match even if it isn't as good as I had hoped. Jack took some ROUGH looking bumps on his head/neck area.

While I don't know if it will stay that way, the Cruisers have dominated this show right now. Gallagher might not have a long future with these neck bumps and head butts but damn he is awesome delivering punishment.

Really Reigns vs Strowman before Bayley vs Charlotte :unsure:

Roman seems to be wrestling in sneakers.

So that CW title match started off a bit vanilla, but from that whipping German suplex to the finish it was just excellent. Great pacing and timing, with every strike and big move looking terrific and given time to matter. Plus a finish that that was earned, strong and put the champion over as a vicious ace while not taking much away from the challenger. Match of the night thus far.

***3/4

Braun kicked out of the spear which has rarely been done in like years, and people still complain. I get that people were expecting Undertaker shenanigans, but still the match was very good the way it was.

I thought the match bored me to tears, honestly. It was a bunch of nothing most of the way, and desperately needed to be about 3-4 minutes shorter. A Braun Strowman/Roman Reigns match needs a 90 second long rest hold sequence like I need a hole in my head.

I think Braun took more than enough of the match, particularly the impressive high spots, that the loss didn't set him back at all. If Reigns is in the bigger match at Mania he should've gone over. Can debate that lineup all one wants, but this wasn't a win Braun needed based on what we know about the next show. He'll be fine.

I thought the women's title match was pretty damn good until the convoluted finish. On the one hand, I don't mind them getting Charlotte's PPV streak out of the way because it could've become a hindrance sooner rather than later without much payoff so this way you remove that millstone. On the other hand, the only beneficiary of that finish would seem to be the internal plan to shoehorn multiple women into the Mania match. Just not sure it did any favors to Bayley, Charlotte or Sasha. A nonsense countout or DQ may have been worse, but just about anything else clean would've been better.