• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCW GOLD RUSH Tour 1985

Friday April 5, 1985

Lavendar Coliseum

Columbus, MS.

Bell Time- 8pm

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned The Dream Machine w/Tojo Yammamoto with a 'natural bridge'

Tom Prichard pinned Scott Armstrong with a sunset flip

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Woman defeated Marty Jannetty/Shawn Michaels when Nightmare #2 pinned Michaels after a tombstone piledriver

Alabama Heavyweight Title

The Honky Tonk Man w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Tracy Smothers with a small package while holding a handful of tights

Six Man Tag Challenge

The Armstrongs (Bob/Brad/Steve) defeated Ole/Jesse Anderson & Dick Slater when Brad pinned Jesse after 'Russian Leg Sweep'

Southeastern Heavyweight Title

Hercules Hernandez beat Porkchop Cash with a full nelson

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

CCW Tag Team Title

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller defeated The Platinum Club (John Tatum/Steve Regal) w/Johnny V when Ron Fuller knocked Johnny V off the apron which distracted Regal and allowing Golden to roll up for the pinfall and the title win!

MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Title

Mr. Olympia pinned Austin Idol w/Johnny V to win the CCW title when the Fullers/Golden managed to keep The Platinum Club from interfering, afterwards Idol attacked referee Bob Densmore and locked him in the 'Las Vegas Leglock'

CCW TV Episode #5

Recorded on April 4th, 1985 at the WTVY Studios in Dothan, AL. in front of a live studio audience

Airing on stations throughout the territory on April 6th, 1985

Hosted by Gordon Solie & Joe Pedicino

Ring Announcer: Rhubarb Jones

Continental%2BChampionship%2BWrestling%2

(Opening montage rolls and we then join our hosts Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

Solie: "Hello everyone and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling as we join you from the studio here in Dothan, Alabama…Joe, it's been a wild week to say the least!"

Joe: "It sure has, last week we found out we had a new Southeastern Champion in Hercules Hernandez…well last night in Columbus, Mississippi…we crowned not only NEW CCW Tag Team Champions in Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden, we also crowned a new Continental Heavyweight Champion when Mr. Olympia defeated Austin Idol!"

Solie: "That's right the Platinum Club is in shambles but they are looking for revenge this Monday night in Birmingham at RAGE IN THE CAGE!"

Joe: "No doubt about that, we'll be going over the full card for Monday night shortly but we also want to mention that the UWF World Television Champion Billy Jack Haynes will be here defending that title against top contender, Brad Armstrong."

Solie: "All that and much more but right now….let's go to the former champs…The Platinum Club."

(VTR- Johnny V, Austin Idol, John Tatum, and Steve Regal are sitting in a fancy hotel room looking enraged)

Tatum: "This is the biggest conspiracy in the history of wrestling….the Fullers finally found a way to steal our belts and CCW let it happen…well listen here Ron Fuller…Robert Fuller….and that no good snake in the grass Jimmy Golden….Monday night in Birmingham when we get you in that cage…the belts may not be on the line but when we get through with you, you will be in no shape to ever defend them!"

Johnny V: "Jerry Stubbs you jerk, I don't even know how you got a title shot! You just got here! Well listen here, Austin Idol is going to be busy getting in the cage with us to take out the Fullers and Jimmy Golden but we've got something special in mind for you!"

89930a8c3ca2608b1056ae4d5fd202e7.jpg

Idol: "That's right Mister Olympia, I've taken $10,000 of my own money out of the bank and put it in this briefcase….and I will pay this money to any man that can take you out and take that stupid mask off your head! We're going to humiliate you….we're going to expose you….we're going to hurt you and we're going to run you out of this territory and in the process..I'm going to get my belt back!"

austin_idol%2B%25282%2529.jpg

(END VTR)

Solie: "In that video, Idol and Valiant said they are offering a $10,000 bounty on the head of Mr. Olympia. We've just received word that Tojo Yammamoto has stepped up to answer the challenge and that Monday night he's already gotten it signed for the new CCW Champion Mr. Olympia to take on his man….KAMALA!"

Joe: "Kamala is a beast and he's known all over the world, I wouldn't want to be in Mr. Olympia's shoes right now."

Solie: "Nor would I, let's go to the ring for our first bout of the evening."

====================================================================

MATCH #1-

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Woman defeated Billy Travis/Rick Gibson when Nightmare #1 pinned Travis after a flying headbutt from the top rope

NIghtmaresMasked.jpg

Afterwards: Woman and the Nightmares approach the desk to speak with Gordon Solie

Woman.jpg

Woman: "Mr. Solie, every tag team in CCW is officially being put on notice that the Nightmares are here for the tag team titles and we'll stop at NOTHING to achieve our goals…..Monday night Scott and Steve Armstrong will find out what happens when you get in our way."

COMMERCIAL

(Gordon is joined by Brad Armstrong & Bob Armstrong whose is wearing a neckbrace)

Solie: "Brad, later today you will be challenging Billy Jack Haynes for the UWF World Television Championship."

Brad: "That's right Mr. Solie and I'm very excited to be doing that but right now my main focus is trying to talk my dad out of competing Monday night in this cage match….because his neck is still injured and he doesn't need to be getting in the ring in his current condition."

Bob: "Listen son, You let ME worry about ME you hear me? Now Ole Anderson….you listen to me and you listen good! If you think for one minute that you and this bogus Anderson, Jesse Barr are going to take down the Armstrongs, you are sadly mistaken my friend! Neckbrace or no neckbrace I will step in that cage Monday night in Birmingham and I'll do whatever it takes to end you two once and for all! That's a promise from the Bullet to both you jerks!"

Brad: "Well…there you have it Mr. Solie, he's his own man and I can't tell him what to do."

======================================================================

MATCH #2-

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Carl Fergie after a running bulldog

WendellCooley.jpg

After the match as Cooley was leaving ringside, Sir Oliver Humperdink came out and started arguing with Cooley, which allowed The Honky Tonk Man to sneak up from behind and break his guitar over the head of Cooley. Johnny Rich, Steve & Scott Armstrong ran out to help Cooley as HTM and Hump made a quick exit….Cooley was bleeding from the top of the head as he was being carried out.

=======================================================================

(Solie & Pedicino run down the card for Birmingham on Monday night)

RAGE IN THE CAGE

April 8, 1985

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN CAGE MATCH

The Platinum Club (Tatum/Regal/Idol) w/Johnny V

Vs.

Ron/Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CAGE MATCH

The Armstrongs (Brad/Bob)

Vs.

The Andersons (Ole/Jesse)

Southeastern Title Match

Hercules Hernandez w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Vs.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell

$10,000 Bounty Match

Kamala w/Tojo Yammamoto

Vs.

Mr. Olympia (CCW Champion)

Mystery Opponents (Replacing the Guerreros)

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Alabama Title Match- Rematch

The Honky Tonk Man w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

The Nightmares (#1/#2)

w/Woman

Vs.

The Armstrongs (Scott/Steve)

U.S. Jr Title Match

Mil Mascaras

Vs.

Tom Prichard

Johnny Rich

Vs.

Roy Lee Welch

(Card Subject to Change)

Catch CCW on Tour!

=======================================================

(Sir Oliver Humperdink and 'the House of Humperdink' join Joe Pedicino)

11084765_872855012773735_1092699804_n.jp

Joe: "Well Mr. Humperdink, your team the Super Destroyers were set to take on the Guerreros but it appears they've left CCW so now you have mystery opponents this Monday night."

Hump: "That's right Pedicino, those cowards knew they couldn't beat my Super Destroyers so they headed back across the border to Mexico where they belong…never to be heard from again….it doesn't matter WHO they put against us this week, just like the Guerreros, we will beat them and humiliate them and they will leave town as well."

Joe: (looks at HTM) "You call yourself a champion after what you pulled out here earlier?"

HTM: "Pedochino, I don't have to call MYSELF a champion because everyone else does it for me because I am YOUR Alabama Heavyweight Champion! As for what happened earlier… I just did what all these people wanted….I played one of my greatest hits on my guitar, that one is called the 'Wildcat Blues' and Wendell Cooley if you show up in Birmingham, I'm gonna perform an encore!" (They all leave laughing while Joe looks digusuted)

========================================================

COMMERCIAL

========================================================

(VTR-Charlie Platt is in the dressing room with Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden after winning the CCW Tag Titles)

rfuller5.jpg

Platt: "Guys, tonight you managed to neutralize Johnny V and take the Continental Tag Team Titles from the Platinum Club."

Fuller: "That's right Charlie Platt, my cousin Jimmy Golden threw those boys off their game and brother Ron took care of Johnny Valiant and tonight we took these tag team titles. Now, we're looking towards finishing this thing once and for all in the steel cage in Birmingham on Monday night."

Golden: "They're calling it Rage in the Cage and that's the perfect name for it…..cause even though we won these belts, we still have a lot of rage towards Valiant and his boys and we're going to take it out on them in Birmingham!"

=========================================================

MATCH #3-

Southeastern Champion Hercules Hernandez w/Humperdink defeated Shane Douglas by submission with a 'full nelson'

Douglas.jpg

(Solie is joined at the desk by Dutch Mantell)

Solie: "Dutch, we just saw your opponent for Monday night in action Hercules Hernandez, you guys have faced each before and Humperdink seems to always get involved."

Dutch: "That’s true Gordon….you would think a man as big and powerful as Hernandez wouldn't need any help but that's just fine cause you see this right here (points to his bullwhip) This is 'shoo-baby' and if Mr. Humperdink decides to get involved….'shoo-baby' will light his tail up and even the odds. Hercules, I'm going walk out of the Boutwell Auditorium the new Southeastern Heavyweight Champion!"

VTR- (the classic Michael St. John narrated Kamala promo video from Jerry Jarrett's backyard is shown)

Kamala1.jpg

(Ole Anderson storm the desk and grab a mic)

Ole: "Did I hear that cripple Bob Armstrong out here talking about the Andsersons? Bob Armstrong if you have any guts at all, you'll come out here right now and face me like a man!"

(The crowd goes wild as Armstrong comes through the curtain and heads towards Ole but before he reaches him, Jesse Anderson attacks him from behind, Ole grabs him and they spike piledrive him on the floor…..Brad runs out with a chair and the Andersons take off but the damage is done)

==========================================================

COMMERCIAL- Jim Walter Homes

==========================================================

(As we return from commercial, Bob Armstrong is being loaded into an ambulance and Brad gets into the ambulance as it drives away to take him to a nearby hospital)

Solie: "As you can see, 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong is being taken to the hospital after being piledriven on the floor of the studio here, Brad Armstrong just got into the ambulance with his father and now no longer have a challenger for the UWF World Television Championship."

(Billy Jack Haynes the UWF TV champ comes out)

BJH.jpg

BJH: "Mr. Solie, if these Andersons think they are so tough….I challenge EITHER one of them to come out here RIGHT NOW and challenge me for this belt."

(Billy Jack gets into the ring, the Andersons come to ringside and finally Ole directs Jesse to get into the ring)

MAIN EVENT
UWF WORLD TELEVISION TITLE

Champion Billy Jack Haynes defeated Jesse Anderson by DQ when Ole Anderson hit the ring when Haynes put the 'Full Nelson' on Jesse, Haynes started to get the better of Ole as Jesse was down on the mat, when Dick Slater hit the ring and attacked Haynes from behind, Slater and Ole left Haynes laying and tossed the TV title belt on top of him as the show went off the air.

Slater1.jpg

I agree... Armstrongs vs the Andersons is hot! The UWF champs are going to have their hands full every time they enter Alabama or Mississippi.

The $10,00 mask challenge really adds to the promotion as we do not know who is going to come out of the woods for the cash.

Would love to Billy Jack go back to try and get some revenge on Slater next week.

Humperdink and Women are perfect managers for this style promotion and Kamala is the perfect Giant to strike fear in everyone.

RAGE IN THE CAGE

April 8, 1985

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL

(Charlie Platt came out and ran down the card for tonight, he announced that UWF Rep. 'Cowboy' Bill Watts has suspended Austin Idol from CCW for 30 days for his attack on referee Bob Densmore and he was not allowed to enter building tonight and that Johnny V will be forced to take his place in tonight's steel cage main event!)

Johnny Rich pinned Roy Lee Welch with a school boy roll up

"Dirty" Dick Slater pinned Shawn Michaels after a piledriver

U.S. Jr. Title

Mil Mascaras pinned Tom Prichard with a flying cross body off the top rope

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Woman defeated The Armstrongs (Scott/Steve) Nightmare #1 headbutted Scott with a loaded mask and pinned him

Alabama Title Match- Rematch

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated The Honky Tonk Man w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by DQ when Humperdink came in and tried to hit Cooley again the guitar but referee Ron West grabbed the guitar and stopped him

Blackjack Mulligan/Scott Casey defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when Mulligan pinned Super D #1

$10,000 Bounty Match

Kamala w/Tojo Yammamoto fought Mr. Olympia (CCW Champion) to Double Count out…..they brawled up the aisle and out of sight

Southeastern Title

Hercules Hernandez pinned "Dirty" Dutch Mantell with his feet on the ropes…..afterwards Dutch chased Hercules down the aisle cracking the bullwhip

(Brad Armstrong came out and announced that the Bullet was still under a Doctor's care and will not be able to compete tonight, however the "Armstrong Brother from another mother" Tracy Smothers was going to take his place)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CAGE MATCH

The Andersons (Ole/Jesse) defeated Brad Armstrong/Tracy Smothers when Ole made Tracy submit to an armbar

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN CAGE MATCH

Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Platinum Club (John Tatum/Steve Regal/Johnny V) when Jimmy Golden made Johnny V submit to a figure four