Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

2/8/1986

KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE

The show opens with a video of the Road Warriors in control of their match with the Ole & Arn Anderson from Baton Rouge….

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Civic Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Well folks, you saw it. The Road Warriors were giving Arn and Ole Anderson all they could handle but unfortunately for them, time ran out and the bout ended in a draw. As the Road Warriors and Ellering to the interview desk, Cowboy Bill Watts congratulates them on their near title win.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well I guess ya’ll have heard about the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Tag Cup for the NWA National Tag Team titles and the $1,000,000 prize that goes with it. Well, the UWF Board of Directors has named the Road Warriors, the Midnight Express and the Rock n Roll Express as their entrants into this prestigious tournament.

Paul Ellering: First of all, do Hawk and Animal look like the type of guys who want to be congratulated for coming close to winning the NWA title? Make no mistake about it, Ole and Arm are a great team but they are not better than the Road Warriors. It would be a cold day in hell before they ever put our shoulders to the mat for a count of three! Now as far as the Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup….. the money and the title are as good as ours!

Hawk: All this means is bad news for the rest of the teams in the NWA. Angry Road Warriors means lots of pain for everyone else.

MATCH

THE TEXAS TORNADOS (Sam Houston & Kendell Windham) DEFEAT IRON MIKE SHARPE & COWBOY DON BASS & IRON MIKE SHARPE WITH THE DOUBLE BULLDOG ON SHARPE.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

SCOTT HALL DEFEATED THE MASKED AVENGER WITH A BACKBREAKER RACK

After the match, Scott Hall is joined by Hacksaw Duggan who is in a foul mood as a result of what happened in Baton Rouge. We see a quick video of the Lumberjack Match between Hacksaw and Dr. Death where the match ended in a No Contest as the Lumberjacks started to brawl with each other in and outside of the ring.

After the video, Jim Ross informs us all that Hacksaw is going to receive a rematch this week in Nashville, Tennessee.

Hacksaw Duggan: Well guess what Dr. Death. Three strikes and your out. The first one you needed the Barbarian to rush the ring and attack me. The next time, all of Devastation Inc made sure the ref had to stop the match. Well this time, I am going to beat you so bad, so fast that nobody can help you. This will be strike three for you and you and the Continental title will be mine.

To a chorus of boos, Skandar Akbar makes an appearance.

Skandar Akbar: Hacksaw Duggan, I think you are a very confused man. First of all, this is the sport of wrestling. Strikes do no matter. It is knock outs that do and the last two weeks, we have seen you lying flat on your back basically knocked out after your matches with Dr. Death.

Hacksaw Duggan: That might have something to do with your goons who keep getting involved.

Skandar Akbar: Now I would not go and call them goons. Hired hands maybe and all I know is that they are getting sick and tired of you showing up to fight only Steve Williams. They all want a shot a putting you out of the wrestling industry.

Hacksaw Duggan: Well how about this. If they all think they can beat me, pick one. Pick any member of Devastation Inc and I will wrestle them tonight. If they win, I will forfeit my title shot but if I win, you guarantee that no member of Devastation Inc. will step foot on the arena floor during my title match in Nashville or Dr. Death will have to forfeit his title.

Skandar Akbar: Hahahahahah. You may have bitten off more than you can chew! Deal!

As we go to commercial, Jim Ross is wondering if Akbar will send the Barbarian or the Warlord to the ring tonight against Duggan.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

IVAN & NIKITA KOLOFF CRUSH THE DIXIE DYNAMITES AS NIKITA HIT RUSSIAN SICLES ON BOTH

At the interview desk, Ivan continues his ranting about how corrupt the UWF is as Nikita deserves his world title shots and together along with Boris Zhukov they deserve shots at both the tag team titles and the 6 Man titles.

Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and lets Ivan know that there is plenty of competition in the UWF and that he will just have to wait their turns. He announces that our next tag team match is a #1 contenders match and if the Koloffs keep winning they could be in line for a another shot at the tag titles. When Ivan finds out that the upcoming #1 Contenders Match is between Dick Murdoch & Blackjack Mulligan vs Buddy Landel & Rip Oliver he is furious as he is positive that he and Nikita would crush either of those teams.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well we understand that you believe that you are the best so we went and got two of the toughest men around for your match this week in Nashville. You will be facing Stan Hansen and Brusier Brody!

Nikita is amped up by this and gives us one of his huge most muscular poses.

MATCH

DICK MURDOCH & BLACKJACK MURDOCH DEFEAT RIP OLIVER & BUDDY LANDELL AFTER MURDOCH HIT THE BRAINBUSTER ON OLIVER

As we go to break, Jim Ross hypes up the fact that the Road Warriors have found two men in Murdoch and Mulligan who like the rough stuff just as much as they do and that it should be a classic match.

COMMERCIAL

With Hacksaw Duggan already in the ring waiting to find out which member of Devastation Inc. he is about to face, we hear Jim Ross

Jim Ross: Oh my, what has the Devil done now. It appears that General Akbar is leading his newest member to the ring and it is none other than the Madman from the Sudan, Abdullah the Butcher!

MATCH

HACKSAW DUGGAN VS ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER WITH SKANDAR AKBAR

The Butcher doesn’t even wait for the bell as he goes right after Duggan. Using his size and weight, he quickly has Duggan on the ground and is using his body to shield the ref from seeing the dreaded fork work he has begun on Duggan’s forehead. When the fork wasn’t doing enough work, Abdullah took to just biting the forehead of Duggan. Duggan wore a crimson mask within seconds but after 3 or 4 minutes of abuse, we see Duggan mounting a comeback. He is now throwing huge right hands and the Butcher has staggered back towards the ropes. Duggan hits the ropes and comes off at full speed.

Jim Ross: Oh my! Duggan has just hit the Butcher with one of the biggest football tackles I have ever seen. Abdullah falls through the ropes and lands right on Akbar!

With Duggan in the stomping around the ring, the ref completes the 10 count and gives Duggan the victory. As we end the show, Ross reminds us all to get to Nashville this week as it is going to be special. He also reminds us that Duggan will finally get a fair title shot or else Dr. Death will be stripped of the title.

And the screen fades to black.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Koloffs going against Hansen and Brody! Yea I just bought a ticket. Road Warriors facing Mulligan and Murdoch should be a classic old brawlers versus new brawlers match. Even though they lost, I gotta say, I like the Oliver/Landell pairing. Texas Tornados continue their winning streak. All this and we get Duggan and Abdullah! Wow, what a match. The match played out exactly how I would imagine. If Duggan can send Abdullah flying out of the ring, I think Dr. Death better get ready.

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 2/8/86

ATLANTA, GEORGIA- THE OMNI

Shaska Whatley with Ernie Ladd defeats the Italian Stalian with a Diving Headbutt

Bob Armstrong defeats the Dirty White Boy with Ron Wright. Wright tried to interfere but caught the DWB with the Knucklebuster by accident and Armstrong quickly hit the Georgia Jawbreaker for the pin.

The Long Riders with Ron Wright defeated the Wild Eyed Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong) The ref was knocked down and the DWB came down and hit a Bucksnort Blaster on Armstrong and Bill Irwin followed it up with a Superplex.

Brad Armstrong defeated Buddy Landell by DQ as Ron Wright’s Army continued their attacks on the Armstrongs as the Long Riders and the DWB hit the ring. Soon we had Bob & Steve Armstrong and Tracy Smothers in the ring and we had a wild brawl going on.

Tommy Rich defeated Boris Zhukov with a Lou Thesz Press.

SOUTHERN STATES TITLE MATCH: Lex Luger with Baby Doll defeated Hacksaw Reed with Erinie Ladd by DQ as Nation of Domination members hit the ring as Luger had Hacksaw in the Rack Attack. Reed took a pretty good beating here.

SOUTHERN STATES TAG TITLE MATCH: NO DQ: The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette defeated Junk Yard Dog & Wahoo McDaniel as the No DQ idea by JYD backfired as “Dirty” Dick Slater hit the ring and hit Wahoo with a fury of tapped fists and then Bobby Eaton hit the Alabama Jammer for the win. Slater took Cornette’s tennis racket and cocked the Dog as he tried to make the save.

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: Rick Martel & Jerry “the King” Lawler wrestled to a 30 Minute Draw. The first 20 minutes was a classic wrestling match and then Lawler became desperate and he was the one who actually turned this into a brawl. Martel was fine with this and answered the bell. The two worn out wrestlers shook hands after the bout.

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: TENNESSEE STATE FAIRGROUNDS

The Warlord with Skandar Akbar defeats Lou Winston with a powerbomb

The Texas Tornados(Kendell Windham & Sam Houston) defeats The Memphis Bruise Brothers (Porkchop Cash & Mad Dog Boyd) with a Double Bull Dog on Cash

The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering defeated Rip Oliver in a wild brawl that saw the Warrior hit the Warrior Smash for the victory.

The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar defeats Scott Hall as Akbar pulled a night stick from his Arabian cloths and clocked Hall in the head. With Hall down, the Barbarian climbed to the top rope and hit a Diving Headbutt for the victory

Ivan & Nikita Koloff wrestled to a Double DQ with Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody on a wild brawl that saw Ivan try to choke the live out of Hansen with the Russian Chain. This one ended with a double count out as the 4 were going at it all over the arena.

UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Steve “Dr. Death” Williams with Skandar Akbar defeated Hacksaw Duggan as for the second time this week, Dirty Dick Slater has interfered in a title match and came down with his fists tapped and landed a helping hand to the heels of the UWF.

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Road Warriors defeated Blackjack Mulligan and Dick Murdoch in a wild brawl that eventually saw Murdoch hit his head on the steel post and become a bloody mess. From there, he was little help to Mulligan who eventually was pinned by Animal after a nasty running clothesline.

I was expecting to get The Road Warriors vs Blackjack & Cap'n Redneck, too. Is that coming up later on? In another fed?

With all the good stuff on both of those cards, Martel vs Lawler sounds like the must-see match, and I'm not even a big Lawler guy.

​There's a LOT of outside interference directly affecting the finishes on those two cards. Is that gonna disappoint your fans, or are they into all of the brawling and beat-downs? Seems like a good way to establish Slater's character, at least.

Man, Slater was everywhere tonight. I'm sure he's getting a pretty penny for his services. Loving the Armstrong's/Wright Army feud. The Texas Tornados continue to impress. That Koloffs/Brody, Hansen match was off the charts! I mentioned this before but it's great seeing Tommy Rich in the Omni. Looks like it's only a matter of time before Luger gets that Southern States title. Wow, the next morning will be worse than any hangover Scott Hall ever had. That Martel/Lawler match delivered, I'm sure the fans were into that one.

I always thought that Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong being dubbed "Wild Eyed Southern Boys" was kind of a perk by Bob Caudle on commentary back in the days as I always have known them as the Southern Boys. Obviously, I was wrong.

But hey, fantastic event at the Omni, especially Martel vs Lawler. Sure planting the seeds for a future encounter between them!

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

2/15/1986

TUPELO, MISSISSIPPI

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Tupelo Sports Arena. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Jeff Jarrett. What a show we got for you and we are going to start if off with a bang. Let’s bring out the UWF champ, Jerry “the King” Lawler.

Lance Russell: Well King, it looked like you came within seconds of winning the NWA World Title from Rick Martel.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right Lance! I had Martel up for the piledriver but the bell rang and I just ran out of time. Make no mistake about it, he is tough but I thought I had him but maybe that is why he is the NWA World Champion.

Lance Russell: Oh my! What have we got here. It is none other than the Nature Boy Ric Flair making his way to the podium. Mr. Flair, it is a pleasure to have a former NWA World Champion in studio but I do not see you on the program today.

Ric Flair: The Nature Boy doesn’t have to be on any program. I come and go as I please and right now, I am chasing that no good Rick Martel around the NWA. He must have known I was coming so he took over running like the coward he is.

Jerry Lawler: Wow, hold on a minute Flair. Martel is doing more as a champion then you ever did. He is traveling all over the NWA and defending the title with the heart and respect that belt deserves. All you ever did was cheat your way through matches and get counted out when you were in trouble.

Ric Flair: Now hold on just a minute Jerry Lawler. I mean with all do respect, Martel couldn’t even beat you last week. I mean I fought the best in the world every night and then partied with the best in the world All Night! Martel ran here and gave a title shot to a comic book character who runs around Podunk Memphis wearing a crown and a cape. Take a good look Lawler. The best suit money can buy. Alligator skin shoes. $10,000 rolex! Diamond ring! I am stylin and profilin! Wheelin Dealin, livin and dealin, a jet flying son of a gun.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, Yeah whatever Flair. You got all the fancy suits. The gold watches. The Gold chains! You are the King of the World and all I am is the King of Memphis but there is one thing I got that you don’t have.

Ric Flair: Oh yeah Lawler. What’s that?

Jerry Lawler: Gold around my waist. I am the UWF Champion and all you got to hold up your pants is your past!

Smack! Ric Flair winds up with a big open hand right across Lawler’s face.

Lawler simply shrugs it off and laughs as he challenges Flair to put his money where his big fat mouth is as he challenges Flair to a UWF Title match this week in the Mid-South Coliseum but if Flair loose, he must give Lawler the Rolex watch. Flair quickly accepts and announces that the UWF title is just a stepping stone to regaining the NWA Title from Martle.

Jerry Lawler: Oh, Flair. One more thing.

Ric Flair: What’s that Lawler.

SMACK! Jerry Lawler smacks Flair so hard that Flair actually hits the ground.

Jerry Lawler: WHOOOOOOOOOOO. Memphis is my town!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

TRACY SMOTHERS DEFEATS THE MASKED AVENGER WITH A SOUTHERN KICK (Spinning Heel Kick)

At the interview desk, Tracy Smothers is thanking the fans for their support in his recent battles with Buddy Landell when all of a sudden “Crippler” Rip Oliver comes out and gets in Smother’s face. As Lance Russell asks for the peace to be kept

Wham! Buddy Landell comes from behind and hits Smothers with some sort of flapjack and Smothers is out! Oliver and Landell scamper to the back for a second and come out with a 5 gallon bucket of paint and a couple of pillows. Landell rips the pillows open as Oliver pours what turns out to be tar. Landell then dumps the feathers from the pillows onto Smothers. When the Tar and Feathering is over, we hear Oliver and Landell making chicken noises as they head to the back.

Jeff Jarrett: Of all the low down dirty things to do to a guy. They just tarred and feathered a true Southern gentleman! Their actions are disgusting and somebody better do something about this.

Lance Russell: I agree with you there Jeff. Trust me, this industry has a way a sorting things out. Let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH

DIRTY DICK SLATER DEFEATS DIXIE DYNAMIT #1 (Scott Armstrong) WITH THE FIGURE 4 AND SOME EXTRA LEVERAGE BY GRABBING THE ROPES

At the interview desk, Lance Russell shows the fans two short video clips of Slater’s actions over the past week. First, we see Slater interfere in Nashville last week as he helped Dr. Death retain his title against Hacksaw Duggan and the second one shows how he helped the Midnight Express save their Southern States Tag Titles as he clocked JYD with a tennis racket.

Lance Russell: Ok Slater. Now what is going on? You just seem to appear at random times and seem to interfere whenever you want to.

Dick Slater: I told you people from day one that I am the number one free agent in wrestling today. I go where the money is. If Cornette wants to pay me the most money I will join him. If Skandar Akbar wants to pay me money, I will be a member of Devastation Inc. before you can say Jackpot!

The fans erupt as the hear “Another One Bites the Dust” is heard from the speakers. JYD comes out and Slater hides behind Lance.

JYD: Well lucky for me, I work for Cowboy Bill Watts and Jerry Jarrett.

Dick Slater: Who are you kidding? I bet I made more money last week then you did all year!

JYD: It is not just about money. Sometimes, when you give and honest day’s work for an honest wage and get the companies respects. And what I am going to do to you this Monday is Birmingham is going to be payment enough!

Dick Slater: Birmingham?

JTD: So you didn’t hear yet? As a result of you helping Cornette last week, Jerry Jarrett has granted me a match against you this week in Birmingham and not just any match. A Dog Collar Match!

Slater is fuming as the Dog is howling and swinging his big chain!

COMMERCIAL

As we come out of break, Jeff Jarrett hypes up the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup with the winner getting $1,000,000.00 and the UWF National Tag Titles. Lance informs that all are not so pleased with the Tournament as shows us a short clip from the MACW and the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Ole and Arn Anderson.

Ole Anderson: Nothing changes over time. Go back and look for yourself. The best tag team in the 1970’s were the Anderson’s and now in the Mid 80’s we are still the best. So how can you have a tournament to name the best tag team in the World today and you don’t even give us an invitation. They say that the National Tag Title will be a stepping stone to the World title. Well I don’t care if it is the VonErichs, the Funks or the Road Warriors. They are not the Anderson’s. Never will be the Anderson’s and never will be the champions!

MATCH

THE LONG RIDERS (the Irwin brothers) WITH RON WRIGHT DEFEAT HOMER DELL AND VERLON BIGGS WITH BILL HITTING A SUPERPLEX ON DELL.

After the match, Wright entered the ring while the Irwins and continued to rough up their opponents. Wright is yelling how he needs to teach these unchristian wrestlers a lesson as he pulls out his “knucklebuster” but before he can do any damage, Tommy Rich and Bob Armstrong hit the ring and chase the Long Riders back to the locker room

Tommy Rich: That’s right you yellow bellied cowards. Ya’ll better run. But come this Monday in the Mid-South Coliseum there will be no place to run.

Bob Armstrong: We keep hearing Ron Wright talk about how he is a Christian wrestler. Well he better spend all Sunday in church praying we don’t send him an the Long Riders to an early grave

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

SHASKA WHATLEY DEFEATS RICKY SANCHEZ WITH A DIVING WILLIE (HEADBUTT)

Hacksaw Reed and Tony Atlas join Whatley and Ladd at the interview desk where Ladd is hoping that the UWF is done granting title shots to that nobody Lex Luger. Ladd reviews how easy Reed has put down Luger and it didn’t matter if it was a regular match, a lumberjack match or a NO DQ Street fight.

All of a sudden, Jerry Jarrett comes out and at first seems to agree with Ladd on how Reed has had recent success against Luger. Ladd is excited at how Jarrett has finally said something that makes sense.

Jerry Jarrett: No hold on Ladd, I am not agreeing with you. I think Reed has had a little too much help from the rest of your Nation of Domination.

Ladd seems shocked but Jarrett says he is granting Luger one last Southern States title shot and the Nation is all ears as Jarrett announces that the title match will take place this week in the Mid-South Coliseum in a STEEL CAGE MATCH to make sure the rest of the Nation can’t interfere.

Ladd and Reed are irate but Jarrett simply shoes them away and reminds them that Tony Atlas has a big match coming up in a few minutes against the Boogie Woogie Man!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

TONY ATLAS WITH ERNIE LADD VS JIMMY VALIANT

This main event match sees the unorthodox Valiant able to confuse Mr. USA but eventually Atlas gets going. He catches Valiant in a bone crushing Bearhug but the Boogie Woogie Man is not above the law and rakes the eyes to break the hold. Valiant is all over Atlas now and actually catches him in the sleeper. Before Atlas goes out, Reed hits the ring and makes the save. As the ref calls for the bell to give the victory to Valiant, the Nation of Domination begins their 3-1 attack.

Action packed show tonight! Flair and Lawler will be awesome. Luger/Reed has been one hot program and now we get to see the climax inside the cage. Oliver and Landel humiliate Smothers, no doubt Smothers will be looking for some serious payback. I think this is a nice gem of a feud. I also like the Long Riders/Rich and Armstrong story. Bob's "You better pray we don't send the Long Riders to an early grave" comment was one of the best lines I've heard on here. All this and Slater vs. JYD in a collar match! Great stuff.

Great interaction with Flair/Lawler to open the show...that alone should pack the house this week.

Being in Tupelo what could be better than Tracy Smothers getting tarred and feathered...classic southern rasslin angle...great heat for Landell and Rip

Strong card for Birmingham with multiple main event level matches!

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

2/15/1986

TUPELO, MISSISSIPPI

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Tupelo Sports Arena. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Well folks, you saw it. For the second time in a week, Dirty Dick Slater interfered in a UWF title match. All of a suden a rather humble Skandar Akbar comes out to the interview area. He says that he is disgusted by the actions of one Dick Slater and that he had nothing to do with having him get involved in the title match. Akbar actually asks Hacksaw Duggan to come out.

When Hacksaw Duggan does come to the desk, Akbar apologizes to him and says that Dr. Death is a fighting champ and he is sick to his stomach at how he won. Akbar then pulls a contract out and says that due to the way the last match ended, he wants to offer Hacksaw one more title match this week in the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham.

Duggan is very weary of Akbar and takes a quick look at the contract before scribbling his name down.

Hacksaw Duggan: I don’t trust you as far as I can throw you Akbar but this time I will be ready for you and Slater. I will have someone at ringside to with me to make sure Slater doesn’t get in the ring.

Skandar Akbar: I think you might have missed something. Of course Slater will be in the ring.

Hacksaw Duggan: What funny business you trying to pull Akbar. It is me and Dr. Death for the Continental Championship.

Skandar Akbar: Of course it is but all matches need a referee. It says right there in the contract that Dick Slater will be the special referee. Just look under your signature.

Hacksaw takes the contract and squints and the piece of paper. Jim Ross takes it and also looks but can barely see anything.

Jim Ross: Of all the low-down tricks. That is the finest print I have every seem

Skandar Akbar: A contract is a contract. See you in Birmingham. Oh and don’t forget, this is your last title shot as it says on the line below the special referee. Hahahahaha

Duggan is fuming as we go to break.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

DICK MURDOCH DEFEATED PORKCHOP CASH WITH THE BRAINBUSTER

At the interview desk, Murdoch is sick to his stomach at what we saw on UWF Crossfire as Landell and Oliver tarred and feathered Tracy Smothers. He lets us all know that he will be facing Rip Oliver this week in Birmingham and he is going to get some revenge for his Southern brother, Tracy Smothers.

Dick Murdoch: I am tellin ya’ll one thing, This is a man’s profession. You don’t need to paint your faces. You don’t need to be playin some loud music when you head to the ring and you certainly don’t need to Tar and Feather another man. Ask anyone around! Captain Redneck aint afraid of any man and come this week, the Crippler Rip Oliver might just leave the ring crippled when I drop him on his head!

MATCH

ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER WITH SKANDAR AKBAR VS SCOTT HALL

As the match gets under way, we find out that Abdullah the Butcher, Akbar’s hired gun, is in the UWF to take out Duggan and his pals Scott Hall and Blackjack Mulligan. Jim Ross lets us know that Abdullah has his shot at Hall tonight and Blackjack this Thursday in the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham.

The match only lasts about 2 minutes as Abdullah is quick to pull out the fork and go to work on Scott Hall who is a bloody mess. Blackjack Mulligan hits the ring and catches Abdullah with a big boot which sends the fork flying. Mulligan clamps on the Iron Claw and Abdullah is flailing around. As we go to break, we get a giant X across the screen as they censor the bloody face and body of Scott Hall.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WITH PAUL ELLERING DEFEATS DON SMITH WITH THE WARRIOR SMASH

Maybe because of his energy or maybe because of his good relationship with the Road Warriors, the fans are starting to get behind the Warrior. He is very accepting of their praise and was high fiving all the fans on the way to the locker room. Maybe he high fives one too many as the next match was getting ready to start.

The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar heads to the ring and the Ultimate Warrior bumps into him by accident. The Barbarian didn’t seem to like this and the shoves the Warrior to the ground on his way to the ring.

MATCH

THE BARBARIAN WITH SKANDAR AKBAR VS TOM STONE

This match never takes place as the Warrior is furious at the Barbarian and hits the ring. We now get 3 or 4 minutes of a wild brawl between two really big dudes. This crazy brawl couldn’t be stopped and eventually we just go to break.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE TEXAS TORNADOS (Kendell Windham & Sam Houston) DEFEAT DON BASS & IRON MIKE SHARPE AS THE TORNADOS CONTINUE ON THEIR ROLL IN THE UWF. THEIR DOUBLE BULLDOG IS QUICKLY BECOMING ONE OF THE BEST DOUBLE TEAM MOVES IN WRESTLING!

MAIN EVENT MATCH

IVAN & NIKITA KOLOFF VS STAN HANSEN & BRUISER BRODY

The fans love this one as finally we have a team to stand up to Nikita who has been causing havoc in the UWF over the past few months. To the dismay of the TV audience, nothing changes today. Boris Zhukov came out and distracted Stan Hansen for just a moment as he was nailed with the Russian Sickle. The ref disqualified the Russians but this is not about who wins and loses but who can stop the Russians. As the show ends, we see Hansen flat on his back and everyone is beginning to wonder if anyone can stop the Russian Nightmare.

Jim Ross: So long from Tupelo.

Lot's going on in UWF. Great set up with Duggan and Williams. I'm sure Slater will call the match right down the middle LOL. Rip Oliver better watch out with Murdoch coming after him. Chaotic scene with Abdullah butchering Scott Hall and then Blackjack comes to the rescue. Blackjack and Abdullah will be a bloody mess. The Texas Tornados are becoming one of my favorite young teams. The scene at the end with Hansen laid out really shows Nikita as an unstoppable monster. You just don't see Hansen laid out that often. That was a huge statement. Excellent job!

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 2/15 /86

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE: MID-SOUTH COLISEUM

GcxMNBM.jpg

Boris Zhukov defeats Dixie Dynamite #1

Scott Hall defeats the Warlord with Skandar Akbar with a high vertical suplex

Tony Atlas with Ernie Ladd defeated Jimmy Valiant when he followed up Ladd’s Big Boot with a Bearhug

Tommy Rich and Bob Armstrong defeat the Long Riders as Ron Wright’s interference backfired and it was actually Wright who got hit with the knucklebuster!

SOUTHERN STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Midnight Express with Cornette defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers) when Buddy Landell came out and tripped up Smothers which allowed Bobby Eaton to hit the Alabama Jammer

SOUTHERN STATES TITLE MATCH: STEEL CAGE: Lex Luger defeated Hacksaw Butch Reed managed by Ernie Ladd. Reed went for a football tackle but Luger moved out of the way and Reed hit the cage. Luger followed this up with a Military Press Slam for the victory: Title Change!!

UWF TITLE MATCH: Jerry Lawler defeated Ric Flair after a 58 minute marathon. Lawler hit the middle rope fist drop and followed it up with the piledriver for the win.

BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA:

uEBIit8.jpg?2

The Masked Avenger (Ed Wiskowski) defeated Todd Champion

The Texas Tornados (Kendell Windham & Sam Houston) defeated Don Bass & Don Smith with a Double Bulldog on Bass

The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering and The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar ended in a double count-out as the brawl ended up on the floor. Even both managers got into it.

Dick Murdoch gains some revenge for Tracy Smothers as he avenged the Tar and Feathering as he beat Rip Oliver with the Brainbuster.

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Abdullah the Butcher with Skandar Akbar as Abbie was caught with the fork. As Akbar protested the result, Scott Hall hit the ring and body slammed the Arabian headdress right off of Akbar.

Dick Slater defeated JYD as he clocked the Dog with a Foreign Object

UWF TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Road Warriors with Paul Ellering defeated Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody in such a violent match that you would have to have been there to believe it.

UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: LAST CHANCE MATCH: SPECIAL REFEREEE DICK SLATER: Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeats Dr. Death Steve Williams with Skandar Akbar after Duggan clocked Dr. Death with the 2 x 4 as Slater seemed to look away at the perfect time. Akbar was in shock here and started arguing with Slater. For the second time tonight, we see Akbar decked and with title change, all the fans went home happy.

Oh man that was two wild cards! Great climax with Luger winning the title. That Midnight/Southern Boys match was exciting. Landell keeps the heat on his feud with Smothers. Rich and Armstrong with a big win over the Long Riders, Wright's interference finally backfires on him. And wow, that Flair/Lawler match was a classic! Lawler remains King of Memphis.

The Birmingham card was nuts. Like the Warrior/Barbarian feud. Blackjack wins the battle against Abdullah. That Road Warriors vs.Brody/Hansen match sure gave the fans their money's worth. Hopefully a rematch is coming down the line. Slater is one of the most intriguing people in this game. You never know what he's going to do. All this and Duggan wins the UWF title!

Lawler vs Flair as an interview and a match never disappoints. Tar and feathering Smothers is such an awesome piece of heel business. Rich/Armstrong against Long Riders is my kind of brawl. Luger vs Reed in a cage!

Holy shit Power Pro jumped out to a fast start and finished big. Murdoch vs Oliver is must see. Nikita is such a monster right now. I also think you have the best stable of Southern ring announcers ever assembled. Headlined by good ole' JR and Lance Russell.

Both of the big shows really delivered, especially the mains. Duggan getting the win is surprising and awesome.