• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

2/22/1986

DOTHAN, ALABAMA

HOUSTON COUNTY FARM CENTER

Summary Form:

1. JIM CROCKETT SR. MEMORIAL TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT

Both Crossfire and Power Pro continue to hype up the first Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Tag Team Cup which will be held one week from tonight in the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans. The winners will take home the Crockett Cup, $1,000,000 and the NWA National Tag Team Titles. Teams will include the Road Warriors, the VonErichs, the Rougeaus, the Funks, the Midnight Express, the Rock n Roll Express, the Stud Stable and the Sheepherders.

As part of this angle this week, both the Road Warriors and the Midnight Express had wins over squash teams and proclaimed that come this time next week, they will be the new NWA National Tag Team Champions.

1. UWF TITLE:

We see a video of Jerry Lawler’s win last week in the Mid-South Coliseum with a Piledriver over Ric Flair. After the video, Lawler came out a praised Flair and said that might just be the greatest win he has ever had. Before the interview ended, the Koloffs came out and wondered just how long Lawler was going to duck Nikita. They reminded everyone that Nikita won the King of the Mountain event over a month ago and that the stipulation was that Nikita got a title shot.

Ivan Koloff: I think Nikita will make you wait as long as you make him wait.

Jerry Lawler: Oh yea, what I am I going to wait for?

Ivan Koloff: To walk again!

Wham! Nikita with the Russian Sickle on Lawler and then Ivan and Nikita really lay the boots to the King as we went to commercial break. Later in the show, a bandaged Lawler comes out and demands a match with Nikita at the Superdome which Jerry Jarrett reluctantly grants. It seems that Nikita got exactly what he wanted.

2. UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE:

We start this segment with a video tape from the last week’s event from the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama.

UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: LAST CHANCE MATCH: SPECIAL REFEREEE DICK SLATER: Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeats Dr. Death Steve Williams with Skandar Akbar after Duggan clocked Dr. Death with the 2 x 4 as Slater seemed to look away at the perfect time. Akbar was in shock here and started arguing with Slater. For the second time tonight, we see Akbar decked and then Slater turns as makes the three count in favor of Duggan and with this title change, all the fans went home happy.

Cowboy Bill Watts is at the interview desk where he demands that Dick Slater, Hacksaw Duggan and Dr. Death all come out.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Ok Slater, I need to get to the bottom of this. Two weeks ago you attacked Hacksaw Duggan and helped Dr. Death get a win and now this week, you turned away as Hacksaw used the 2 x 4 allowing Duggan to win the Continental Title. What is going on?

Dick Slater: I told everyone here that I was the number 1 free agent in the game and that I would do anything for money. Well two weeks ago, I received a large envelope full of money signed the General. I took that to mean Akbar so I attacked Duggan. Last week I was the special referee and before the bout, I received another envelope signed Mr. B. So I took that to mean Bill Watts so I did what I had to.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Are you kidding me. I would never stoop to that level! I run this company on the up and up. God, country and family are the most important things in my life and I live by a code of ethics.

Dirty Dick Slater: I knew you two would never admit what you have done so I saved the envelops each containing $10,000.

Cowboy Bill Watts examines the two envelops and the signatures on them and seems at a loose for words. Finally, he says, “I must admit that I am truly sick to my stomach. You three have made a mockery of this great title and of this entire organization. He pauses for a while….

Cowboy Bill Watts: Ok, here is what we are going to do. First of all, the $20,000 is going to go to free tickets to the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Tag Team Tournament in the Louisiana Superdome for any child in New Orleans who brings a report card to the ticket office with at least one A on it. Second, you three are going to meet in an Every Man for Himself Match this week in Mobile, Alabama at the Von Braun Center. The winner gets the UWF Continental Title. The loser will be forced to leave the UWF and the person who is not involved in the outcome will be banned from all UWF singles titles for the next year!

Watts is still fuming at being accused of paying off Slater while Slater is fuming that he had his money taken away and Dr. Death is fuming because he thinks Slater and Duggan joined together to steal his title! Jim Ross seems more interested in finding out who Mr. B is!

3. SOUTHERN STATES TITLE

We see another video from the Mid-South Coliseum

SOUTHERN STATES TITLE MATCH: STEEL CAGE: Lex Luger defeated Hacksaw Butch Reed with Ernie Ladd. Reed went for a football tackle but Luger moved out of the way and Reed hit the cage. Luger followed this up with a Military Press Slam for the victory: Title Change!!

After the video, Baby Doll and Lex Luger are at the interview desk where they are getting so much love from the fans for taking down Hacksaw Reed and the Nation of Domination. Later in the show, after Hacksaw Reed destroyed some jobber, he was enraged at the interview desk as he couldn’t wait until this week in Jacksonville, Florida so he could get his hands on Luger. Ernie Ladd also warned Baby Doll to not get involved in the match or else!

4. Jeff Jarrett:

The young son of Jerry Jarrett has recently been working as announcer on the weekly show, Crossfire and he has been very outspoken against some of the local heels. This week was no different as he got on both Ron Wright and his Army along with Buddy Landell and Rip Oliver when the verbally abused Tracy Smothers!

5. Ron Wrights Army:

Wright continues to wage his war on the Unchristian UWF wrestlers like the Armstrongs and Tommy Rich. During a tag match between Brad Armstron & his new partner, Tim Horner against Iron Mike Sharpe and the Masked Avenger, Wright lead the Long Riders to the ring where he used his “chisel” against both of them. This lead to chaos as the DWB came out to join the Long Riders and they really gave it to Armstrong and Horner until the Calvary showed up.

Hl0B2X5.jpg?1

LOUISIANA SUPERDOME

MARCH 1, 1986

BELL TIME 5:00 PM

Welcome everyone to the first ever Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament. I am Jim Ross along with my partner Lance Russell and we are coming to you from the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans.

Lance Russell: This is going to be some night Jim. We have 15 teams from all over the NWA here to compete for $1,000,000.

Jim Ross: And that’s not all. The winner of the tournament will also take home the NWA National Tag Team Championship!

Lance Russell: Before we get started, the format for tonight’s tournament is simple. Loose and you are out. There are no brackets and teams must be ready to wrestle as soon as their names are called out.

ROUND 1:

Terry & Dory Funk Jr. vs Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry

A WCCW match up that has been a long time in coming. We see Garvin and Embry do a great job of playing the scared heels in the beginning and the Funks get off to a quick start as they are having no part of it and really lay the boots to them. Garvin and Embry got the advantage when the action spilled to the outside allowing Precious to catch Terry with a “loaded” purse. Jimmy actually hit a Brainbuster on Dory but his brother came in for the save. The tide all turned as Embry clocked Garvin by accident during a double team move and the Funks went to work. They basically beat Garvin and Embry from pillar to post and the end came when Terry connected with a piledriver on Embry.

The Sheepherders vs Invader 1 & 3

These two teams may come all the way from Puerto Rico but their style is all Southern Rasslin. We get about 10 minutes of a complete war here where the ref was very lenient in not calling for the bell. In the end, with all 4 men bloodied, the Sheepherders are fed up and bring in the New Zealand flag and take a big swing at Invader #3 who is to quick as he ducks under. From here, Boyd is off balance and gets tossed through the middle ropes. Now it is 2-1 and the Invaders get the win with the cannonball. (Invader 1 backdrops Invader 3 senton)

The Road Warriors with Paul Ellering vs The Batten Brothers

This was exactly what you expect as Animal and Hawk are too fast and too strong for the Battens. In the end we see the Doomsday Device on Mark!

The Fantastics vs Fatu and the Great Samu

Fatu and the Great Samu try to bully the Fantastics here as they use their size and strength advantage in the beginning of the match. This combined with some questionable tactics have Tommy Rogers in some serious peril. Rogers is able to duck under a running forearm by Fatu and catches him with a dropkick. Fatu no sells this and Samu enters the ring. The ref admonishes Samu for this and forces Samu back to his corner to wait for a legal tag. While this was going on, Fatu had tossed Rogers to the floor and cracked him with a chair and he quickly rolled him back into the ring. As Fatu goes to tag in Samu, the ref is still all over the heels. Fulton quickly does a switch-a-roo and drags Rogers to the floor and takes his place face down on the mat. As Samu comes towards Fulton who he thinks is Rogers, Fulton quickly rolls him up for the 1-2-3 and then he rolls out on the floor next to Rogers before anyone can figure out what happened. The crowd loves that the babyfaces outsmarted the heels for the victory but Samu and Fatu were furious and really laid the boots to the already beaten down Fantastics.

The Rogue Brothers vs The Rock n Roll Express

A great match of two babyface teams here. With start with some chain wrestling followed by both teams doing a little running of the ropes. So many tags and double team moves here along with momentum changes that it is hard to tell which team was in control. In the end, Armond missed a dropkick as Gibson grabbed the ropes and hung on tight. A quick tag to Ricky Morton followed by a double dropkick later, the Rock n Roll Express get a great win and move on. Some nice sportsmanship here as both teams shake hands.

The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden & Robert Fuller) VS Soul Patrol (Norvell Austin & Sweet Brown Sugar)

Golden and Fuller tried to attack before the bell but the Soul Patrol were ready for the dirty tactics of the Stud Stable. Austin and SBS really took it to the Stud Stable as Golden and Fuller try to play the frightened heels and ask the ref to halt the action as they called timeout. Nothing doing her as the Soul Patrol is going wild. Unfortunately, Fuller knocked SBS into the ref who went down. Golden went to the corner and came out with the ether-soaked towel and wrapped it around SBS’s head. Golden and Fuller now doubled teamed Austin and knocked him to the floor. As the ref recovered, Fuller covers SBS for the easy pin as Sugar is out cold.

The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette vs The Nightmares

The managers are causing havoc in the first round of this tournament and in this match, it is no different. Wayne and Davis started quickly but it was all downhill after a trip by Cornette on Davis. The end sees Condrey hit a running leg drop after the trip followed by a tag to Eaton who connected with an Alabama Jammer for the victory.

Quarterfinals

Terry & Dory Funk vs Kerry & Kevin VonErich

Wow! Something must give here as we have two of the most famous families in all of wrestling will be going after each other. Even though both these teams are currently babyface teams in the WCCW, there is going to be nothing peaceful and technical here. In a wild brawl, we see the action go bonzo gonzo quite often. The VonErichs seemed on the verge of victory as Dory was down and out and Kevin was perched on the top rope for the Top Rope Splash. Instead Terry Funk rushed over and nailed Kevin who flipped backwards all the way to the arena floor. As everyone seemed to be concerned about Kevin, Terry Funk continued his attack as he picked Kevin up and dropped him across the steel barricade. Kerry had seen enough and attacked Terry. The ref was very lenient in his 10 count and eventually we get the action back in the ring. Dory now took over the dirty work as he broke every rule he could against the injured Kevin. As the ref tried to regain control, we see Terry take a pair of brass knuckles out of his trunks and clock Kevin. Kerry saw it and once again went after Terry. This just made is very simple for Dory as he covered Kevin for the victory.

The Road Warriors with Paul Ellering vs Invader #1 & #3

While the Invaders gave it their best shot, the Road Warriors were just too strong here and Hawk and Animal continue to look unbeatable in this tournament. The end saw Animal powerslam Invader #1 for the win. It is clear that up to this point, the Road Warriors are the team beat!

The Rock n Roll Express vs The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden & Robert Fuller)

A typical Rock n Roll Express match as the pulled victory out of a sure defeat. The Stud Stable got the advantage with some rule breaking but in the end, the RnR Express hit their famous Double Drop Kick on Fuller and got the victory.

The Midnight Express vs The Fantastics

After a wild match with many momentum changes, the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette broke just enough rules to get the win as Cornette pulled the rope down causing Fulton to crash to the floor. As the ref admonished Cornette, Eaton, who was not the legal man, climbed to the top rope and hit an Alabama Jammer all the way to the arena floor. Condrey snuck up on Rogers and hit him with a big right hand so he could not come in and make the save as Eaton rolled Fulton back in and he was covered for the 1-2-3.

CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH

EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES

“DIRTY” DICK SLATER VS “DR. DEATH” STEVE WILLIAMS with Skandar Akbar VS “HACKSAW” JIM DUGGAN

Before this one gets started, Jim Ross reminds us what is at stake. The winner gets the title, the loser must leave the UWF and the one not involved in the outcome can not have any singles title matches in the UWF for the next 6 months!

As you would expect, this is a wild brawl from the beginning to the end. With the actions of Dirty Dick Slater over the past few weeks, there are no alliances during this contest. It is truly every man for themselves. We go about 15 minutes of chaos before the ref gets wholloped by an errant football tackle by Duggan going after Dr. Death. The ref goes all the way to the floor as Slater grabs an injured Dr. Death and tosses him to the floor on the other side.

Jim Ross: Oh baw Gawd! What is he doing here?

Terry Gordy rushes to the ring and scoops up Dr. Death and gives him a piledriver on the cement flood. He then enters the ring as Slater grabs Duggan. Bam Bam with a huge kick to the gut doubles over Duggan. An Irish whip followed by a big Terry Grody powerslam has Duggan in serious trouble. As the ref begins to stagger to his feet, Slater comes off the ropes for a taped fist drop to the skull of Duggan. Slater covers him just as the ref gets back in the ring,

1…

2…

Jim Ross is in shock as Slater is the new Continental Champion and Hacksaw Duggan must leave the UWF! Terry Gordy wastes no time and heads out of the ring and continues his attack on Dr. Death until Akbar actually puts a stop to this as he whacks Gordy with a chair. In fact, this only changed who Gordy was after as he now chased Akbar all the way up the ramp to the locker room.

SEMI-FINALS

The Rock n Roll Express vs The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette

A rather long match here as we go almost 18 minutes with the first 10 or so just being chain wrestling and each team doing a little running of the ropes and trading arm bars and scissors but the crowd digs ever second as this is the Rock n Roll Express vs the Midnight Express. With Gibson on a roll, Cornette gets involved as he trips him up and Eaton quickly climbed to the top and connected with an Alabama Jammer. Why he didn’t go for the pin here is anybody’s guess. A little more face in peril here for Gibson and Eaton climbed the ropes again. Gibson somehow jumped to his feet and caught Eaton for a top rope Superplex. A quick tag to Morton followed by a double drop kick to Eaton and then a double drop kick on Condrey who was outside on the apron to make sure he didn’t make the save. This distracted the ref for just a second and Jim Cornette jumped up on the apron and connected with a tennis racket shot on Morton. Ricky Gibson lost focus and took off after Cornette who high tailed it up the aisle. Condrey recovered enough and came in for a Full Nelson face slam and Eaton connected with one more Alabama Jammer and the Midnight Express gets the win and is heading to the finals.

THE ROAD WARRIORS with PAUL ELLERING VS TERRY & DORY FUNK Jr.

The Funks did everything they could to offset the Road Warriors strength advantage but unfortunately for Terry, this time he was caught by the ref with the Brass Knuckles. After he hit Animal forcing the DQ, Hawk went absolutely nuts and nearly took off the heads of both Terry and Jr. with running clotheslines. Also, remarkably, Animal was able to walk back under his own power and seemed ready to take on the Midnight Express.

UWF TITLE MATCH

JERRY “THE KING” LAWLER VS “THE RUSSIAN NIGHTMARE” NIKITA KOLOFF

Jerry “the King” Lawler does everything he could here to handle Nikita but it was a difficult task. Nikita, with his power, takes an early advantage and it looks like we may have a new champ. Then we get the come back as Lawler begins to no sell each and every move Nikita does. Finally, we see the strap pulled down on Lawler’s singlet and the King goes to work. After he throws a dozen or so right hands, he scoops up Nikita and slams him to the ground. He quickly goes to the middle rope and hits the middle rope fist drop. The King now has Nikita up for the piledriver…

Wham… Nikita reverses it with the back body drop. The King staggers to his feet and Nikita hits the ropes

Wham… Russian Sickle and the crowd instantly goes silent.

1…

2…

3.!

Jim Ross: Oh, I am sick to my stomach. The Devil has just won the UWF Title!

JIM CROCKETTT SR. MEMORIAL TAG TEAM CUP FINALS

THE ROAD WARRIORS with PAUL ELLERING VS THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS WITH JIM CORNETTE

The Midnight Express are huddled in the corner looking very nervous as the Road Warriors head to the ring.

Jim Ross: Watch Out! Ole and Arn Anderson come up from behind the Road Warriors and take their knees out with some sort of clubs. From there, the Wrecking Crew just goes wild on the Road Warriors. The Midnight Express just watch on in shock as they see their chances of winning the money and the belt skyrocket! Eventually, refs and officials rush out and get the Anderson’s away but the damage may already be done.

In fact it was, the Road Warriors gave a valiant effort but with injuries to their knees, they almost all of their power moves. Eventually the Midnight Express wore down Animal and Hawk and the end saw the Midnight Express get the win as Condrey covered Animal after he connected with some sort of full nelson face slam!

Cornette could not believe it as he celebrated like he just beat the Road Warriors. The crowd left in shock as they saw Slater, Nikita and the Midnight Express win all the big matches tonight.

Jim Ross closed with the only positive he could think of. “Now after he won the $1,000,000, maybe we won’t have to listen to Cornette talk about his mother’s money and her lawyers.

Wow! What can I say, the Crockett Cup delivered! What a night of action and surprises. Slater takes home the Continental Title as Gordy goes insane on Dr. Death and Duggan. Nikita beats Lawler! Man, didn't expect that tonight but then again Nikita has been an unstoppable monster. Can anybody stop him??? The Crockett Cup tournament was outstanding. Every match told a great story as all of these teams went all out. The Funks, RnR Express, Von Erichs and Stud Stable all looked great. I thought the Road Warriors were going to take it until those no good Andersons interfered. They better watch their backs. Congrats to the Midnight Express! They put on an awesome performance tonight and deserve the National Titles. Great job!

Crockett Cup action doesn't disappoint with some fun angles and matchups throughout the show. Cornett and the Express winning is a HUGE deal within the NWA and puts them at the top of the list in line with the NWA titles. I also echo the sentiment of Nikita being a force in the NWA now... he could very well be the next man in line with Martel and he could walk out with the gold if/when they meet on a big stage.

Wow, what an incredible show! Great use of the Invaders here! The tourney was really well booked and I liked how the Roadies looked like they had it won until they ran into some unfortunate circumstances. Midnights as champs is a great choice. Nikita is poised for a massive run. I'm not talking big like the on he had. I'm talking 3 or 4 times as huge. Slater with an assist from Gordy was a nice twist. Sad to see Duggan go, but it looks like we may get a babyface Dr. Death.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

3/8/1986

KINGSPORT, TENNESSEE

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Civic Center in Kingsport, Tennessee. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Jeff Jarrett. What a show we got for you today but before we get to it, we have so much to review for you from the Jim Crockett Sr. Cup last week in New Orleans.

Jeff Jarrett: That’s right Lance and none of it good if you ask me. Let’s get to the awful video tape.

UWF TITLE MATCH

JERRY “THE KING” LAWLER VS “THE RUSSIAN NIGHTMARE” NIKITA KOLOFF

Jerry “the King” Lawler does everything he could here to handle Nikita but it was a difficult task. Nikita, with his power, takes an early advantage and it looks like we may have a new champ. Then we get the comeback as Lawler begins to no sell each and every move Nikita does. Finally, we see the strap pulled down on Lawler’s singlet and the King goes to work. After he throws a dozen or so right hands, he scoops up Nikita and slams him to the ground. He quickly goes to the middle rope and hits the middle rope fist drop. The King now has Nikita up for the piledriver…

Wham… Nikita reverses it with the back body drop. The King staggers to his feet and Nikita hits the ropes

Wham… Russian Sickle and the ground instantly goes silent.

1… 2… 3.!

Lance Russell: Well Jeff, I guess we all hoped this day would never come but Nikita Koloff is the new UWF Champion.

Ivan and Nikita come out and Uncle Ivan takes over the interview.

Ivan Koloff: We warned all of you stupid Americans that once Nikita gets Jerry Lawler in the ring, he will crush him and take his title. We have been telling you this for almost 2 months after the King of the Mountain Battle Royal and now all of you stupid Americans will have to watch week in and week out as Nikita cripples one weak American after the other.

Jeff Jarrett: No hold on just a minute Ivan Koloff. While Nikita did win last week, “the King” will get his rematch this week and I know he is going to win back that title in Nashville.

Ivan Koloff: Hahahahaha. Do you stupid Americans ever learn? Lawler will be beaten once and for all! The UWF Title now belongs to mother Russia.

COMMERCIAL

Lance informs us that the UWF was really well represented at the Crockett Cup as two of our very own teams, the Road Warriors and the Midnight Express met in the finals.

Before we even see the video tape, we hear Jim Cornette’s voice on another mic.

Jim Cornette: Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the greatest tag team in wrestling today, the National Tag Team Champions, Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Denis….. the Midnight Express!

Lance Russell: Oh brother! Let’s take it easy with that greatest talk. I mean why don’t you tell the fans how you won and not just that you won.

Jim Cornette: How we won was fair and square. A clean 1,2, 3 in the middle of the ring.

Lance Russell: We will let the fans decide just how clean it was. Let’s get to the video tape.

JIM CROCKETTT SR. MEMORIAL TAG TEAM CUP FINALS

THE ROAD WARRIORS with PAUL ELLERING VS THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS WITH JIM CORNETTE

The Midnight Express are huddled in the corner looking very nervous as the Road Warriors head to the ring.

Jim Ross: Watch Out! Ole and Arn Anderson come up from behind the Road Warriors and take their knees out with some sort of clubs. From there, the Wrecking Crew just goes wild on the Road Warriors. The Midnight Express just watch on in shock as they see their chances of winning the money and the belt skyrocket! Eventually, refs and officials rush out and get the Anderson’s away but the damage may already be done.

In fact it was, the Road Warriors gave a valiant effort but with injuries to their knees, they almost all of their power moves. Eventually the Midnight Express wore down Animal and Hawk and the end saw the Midnight Express get the win as Condrey covered Animal after he connected with some sort of full nelson face slam!

Cornette could not believe it as he celebrated like he just beat the Road Warriors. The crowd left in shock as they saw Slater, Nikita and the Midnight Express win all the big matches tonight.

Lance Russell: Well you all saw it. You beat the Road Warriors after a disgusting pre-match attack by the NWA World Champions, Ole and Arn Anderson. Also, just to let you know, the NWA has looked into the match and declared that the Road Warriors are the #1 contender’s to your belts.

Jim Cornette: First of all, the Anderson’s better watch out for us as we are coming after their belts next and as for the Road Warriors, we squashed them like little bugs last week and we will do the same the next time.

All of a sudden, the Road Warriors come out and Cornette and the Midnight Express change their tune and look like they just saw a ghost.

Animal: Well Cornette, lucky for you we aint playing around with some little NWA National Tag Team titles. Hawk and I have built our reputations on being the best and we aint going waist our time on you two sissy boys! Tell um what we want Hawk!

Hawk: Weeeellll, we want one thing and one thing only. We want to hurt the Andersons. That’s right Ole and Arn. We are going to do to you what we are about to do to these two losers in the ring. We are going to really hurt you. You cost us $1,000,000 and we are going to take it out of your hides. We are coming for you!

As the Road Warriors head to the ring, Lance Russell asks Cornette if he is relieved the Road Warriors are not coming after their belts and Cornette acting all tough again reminds everyone that the Midnight Express just beat the Road Warriors.

MATCH

THE ROAD WARRIORS NEARLY KILL MIKE GEORGE & DON BASS AS BOTH ARE HIT WITH THE DOOMSDAY DEVICE. THE MATCH TOOK LESS THAN 1 MINUTE.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:

HACKSAW BUTCH REED WITH ERNIE LADD DEFEATS KEN RAPER WITH A MILITARY PRESS SLAM

At the interview desk, Reed is fuming about losing his Southern States titles last week in the Superdome and he is demanding a rematch against Lex Luger this week in the Omni. After hearing him ranting for a minute or two, Jerry Jarrett comes out and tells the Nation of Domination that they will have another shot at the Southern title this week in Nashville.

Ernie Ladd: Well it is about time that the UWF did something right and this match better not be in any cage. Hacksaw Reed is the Man around here and is not some kind of wild animal who should be inside of 4 walls of steel!

Jerry Jarrett: Mr. Ladd, as much as you think that the Nation of Domination run things around here, it is not true. Cowboy Bill Watts and myself set the matches and we both agree that Lex Luger and Hacksaw Butch Reed will decide the Southern States Champion in a regular, old fashion Wrestling Match this week at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville!

Ernie Ladd has the biggest smile and you can already see that he is thinking this will give him and the rest of the Nation a chance to get involved and help his man.

Jerry Jarrett: But to make sure this is a fair, 1-1 match, the other members of your gang, Tony Atlas and Shaska Whatley will be wrestling 300 miles away against JYD and Dick Murdoch in the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia! If they don’t show, they will be suspended from the UWF! And to make sure you behave Ernie Ladd, you will be the one placed inside a steel cage, suspended 30 feet above the ring!

Ladd is beside himself but Jarrett simply walks away as they continue to pout.

MATCH

TOMMY RICH DEFEATS IRON MIKE SHARPE WITH A LOU THESZ PRESS

MATCH

EXOTIC ADRIAN STREET WITH MISS. LINDA DEFEATS VERLON BIGGS WITH A SLEEPER

Lance Russell, Jeff Jarrett and even the fans did not know what to make of Adrian in his UWF debut. From his makeup, dancing entrance, being sprayed with perfume by Linda and actually kissing Biggs, he had everyone a little uneasy but he seemed pretty harmless. A couple of thigs were clear, he can really wrestle and if you want to mix up, he is just fine with this.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

BARON VON RASCHKE WITH RON WRIGHT DEFEATS DIXIE DYNAMITE #1 WITH THE IRON CLAW

Tonight’s show ends with Wright’s Volunteer Army hijacking the interview area and welcoming Baron to their group with some disgusting actions including draping the Nazi flag over the interview desk as they salute Baron. Ron Wright is so excited to welcome another true “Christian” wrestler to his group!

Looks like Baron found the perfect place in Wright's Army. Adrian Street has a great debut. Its fun to see Street in this kind of environment. I wouldn't want to be the Andersons with the Road Warriors coming after them. Cornette must be riding high right now as his Midnight Express are a million dollars richer and holding the National Tag Titles.

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

3/8/1986

KINGSPORT, TENNESSEE

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Civic Center in Kingsport, Tennessee. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Well folks, you saw some of the highlights from the Crockett Cup earlier on Crossfire. Well for those of you who were not in New Orleans and saw the highlights of Jerry Lawler losing the UWF title and the Midnight Express winning the NWA National Tag Titles and thought it could not get any worse. You were wrong. Take a look at this.

A Video of the Every-Man For Himself Continental Title Match between Dick Slater, Hacksaw Duggan and Dr. Death Steve Williams.

Before this one gets started, Jim Ross reminds us what is at stake. The winner gets the title, the loser must leave the UWF and the one not involved in the outcome cannot have any singles title matches in the UWF for the next 6 months!

As you would expect, this is a wild brawl from the beginning to the end. With the actions of Dirty Dick Slater over the past few weeks, there are no alliances during this contest. It is truly every man for themselves. We go about 15 minutes of chaos before the ref gets wholloped by an arrant football tackle by Duggan going after Dr. Death. The ref goes all the way to the floor as Slater grabs an injured Dr. Death and tosses him to the floor on the other side.

Jim Ross: Oh baw Gawd! What is he doing here.

Terry Gordy rushes to the ring and scoops up Dr. Death and gives him a piledriver on the cement flood. He then enters the ring as Slater grabs Duggan. Bam Bam with a huge kick to the gut doubles over Duggan. An Irish whip followed by a big Terry Grody powerslam has Duggan in serious trouble. As the ref begins to stagger to his feet, Slater comes off the ropes for a taped fist drop to the skull of Duggan. Slater covers him just as the ref gets back in the ring,

1…

2…

Jim Ross is in shock as Slater is the new Continental Champion and Hacksaw Duggan must leave the UWF! Terry Gordy wastes no time and heads out of the ring and continues his attack on Dr. Akbar actually puts a stop to this as he whacks Gordy with a chair. In fact, this only changed who Gordy was after as he now chased Akbar all the way up the ramp to the locker room.

When the video is over both Dick Slater and Terry Gordy come to the interview desk where Jim Ross wants to get to the bottom of all of this.

Dick Slater: Well Jim, as I told all of you when I first got to the UWF, I was the #1 free agent in the game today and I was here to make money and win titles. Well, it’s obvious I am doing both.

Jim Ross: That is not what I meant. What is the connection between you and Bam Bam Terry Gordy?

Dick Slater: I did not even know I had a relationship with Bam Bam until he showed up in the locker room at the Crockett Cup. Last week, I told you that I had received a couple of envelops with cash in them. The first was from Skandar Akbar to help his man, Dr. Death, against Hacksaw. The second, which was labeled Mr. B, I thought was from Bill Watts to help Duggan defeat Dr. Death. As you can see, I don’t care who I help as long as I am paid for it.

Jim Ross: I still don’t get it.

Terry Gordy: Let me help out a bit here. As you remember, a while back, Dr. Death, Many Fernandez and myself were the UWF 6 Man Title holders until Steve Williams turned on Manny and myself. Well I have never forgiven him for that. A Freebird has a long memory and it doesn’t matter how long it takes for us to collect our debts, we always get what we want. The money given to Slater from Mr. B was me. Mr. Bam Bam Terry Gordy! And since Dick Slater here did such a good job of helping my get the belt out of William’s hands, I thought I would help him win the title at the Crockett Cup.

Dr. Death rushes out and is fuming mad and wants a piece of Terry Gordy but officials and wrestlers rush out to try and keep the peace but as we have seen a million times before, no amount of man power could keep these two separate and the brawl took us to commercial break. One interesting thing was that Slater simply walked back and took no interest in the matter.

COMMERCIAL

When we come out of break, Jim Ross lets know that due to all of the confusion in the first segment, he did not get to tell us about tonight’s two great Main Events. First, it will be Wahoo McDaniel vs Buddy Landell and the winner will get to face Dirty Dick Slater in his first title defense this week in the Omni and second The Long Riders will face The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers) to become the #1 contender to the Road Warriors UWF Tag Titles.

MATCH

SCOTT HALL DEFEATS HOMER DELL WITH A BACKBREAKER RACK

MATCH

DICK MURDOCH & JYD DEFEAT THE MEMPHIS BRUISE BROTHERS WHEN JYD HIT A BIG THUMP ON PORKCHOP CASH.

JYD and Murdoch share time on the mic about their match this week against Tony Atlas and Shaska Whatley. They both express how they are really angered about the message that the Nation of Domination is trying to spread and that while they respect Atlas and Whatley as wrestlers, it is time to shut them up once and for all.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WITH PAUL ELLERING DEFEATS COWBOY DON BASS WITH THE WARRIOR SMASH

Maybe because of his energy or maybe because of his good relationship with the Road Warriors, the fans are starting to get behind the Warrior. He is very accepting of their praise and was high fiving all the fans on the way to the locker room.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

#1 CONTENDEERD MATCH

WAHOO McDANIEL VS BUDDY LANDELL

A nice match here with a couple of momentum changes. The end came when Landell tried to mix it up with Wahoo who then went on the War Dance and Tomahawk Chopped Landell into a pin. Just as we find out that Wahoo is the #1 contender for Dick Slater’s Continental Title, Hustler Rip Roger and Crippler Rip Oliver hit the ring and really rough up Wahoo. After a good couple of minutes of the attack, Landell, Oliver and Rogers head to the interview desk where they announce that together, they are going to soon control the UWF! They also announce that they are so good looking, they should be in Hollywood hence their new nickname of the Hollywood Blondes.

COMMERCIAL

Before our last match, we find out that Dr. Death Steve Williams and Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy will meet in a Lights Out Street Fight” this week in the Omni. The reason for the lights out portion was because the UWF refused to sanction this match as they truly fear for the safety of both men and they do not want to be held responsible for what happens.

MATCH

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH

THE LONG RIDERS VS THE TEXAS TORNADOS (Sam Houston & Kendell Windham)

While the Tornados are in the ring awaiting the Long Riders, everyone is a bit shocked that when the Long Riders are announced, Ron Bass and Black Bart come out. They attack before the bell and really give it to the Tornados. As the Tornados begin to mount a comeback, both Bass and Bart roll out of the ring and grab their bullwhips and attack Houston and Windham. Even though the ref called for the bell, the fans were in shock at how violent Bass and Bart where. As the show begins to close, Ross is still in shock that it was Bass and Bart who came out as the Long Riders. I guess we will just have to wait till next week to find out what is going on.

Jim Ross: So long from Kingsport.

A lights out match between Dr. Death and Gordy will be an all out brawl. That match gets my money. I like the new stable of the Hollywood Blondes, what a perfect trio. I wonder if Wahoo will be ready for his title match?? And man, what a way to make a debut as Ron Bass and Black Bart make a huge statement as the Long Riders. This will be an interesting story.