Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

Two stacked shows! Nice to see the Texas Tornados back on track. Man, Ottman really put the hurt on Bullet Bob. Murdoch isn't playing around, faces better beware. Rich and Gilbert is going to be one hot feud. Looks like Cornette and the Midnight Express win the first battle here but I'm sure the war has just begun. Trouble brewing between Luger and Baby Doll. Freebirds with a big win over Devastation Inc. Love to see more Gordy/Williams. I think you have the Superstar in a perfect roll here. He's got the name value and can get the crowd going early. I hope Reed gets some help soon because he's going to need it. Road Warriors/Long Riders is a fun brawl. What an exciting NWA World Title match. The Koloff's really do some damage to Martel but Magnum TA saves the day and the title! There's a tag match that will draw some big money.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Freebirds/Devastation match a lot. Midnights and RnRs!! Armstrong will not be happy with Fuller.

I would agree Reed needs some backup. Baby Doll Is playing with fire. Magnum saving Martel from the cheap victory by the Russians would have sent the fans home happy.

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

4/26/1986

GREENVILLE, MISSISSIPPI

WASHINGTON COUNTY CIVIC CNTER

(First Hour)

Hello everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Washington County Civic Center in Greenville, Mississippi. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is Cowboy Bill Watts.

Cowboy Bill Watts: What a night it is going to be but first let’s get to the video montage from last week’s major events in the Mid-South Coliseum and the Baton Rouge River Centroplex.

Montage set to James Brown’s “Living in America,” shows Michael Hayes rolling up the Warlord as the Freebirds defeated Devastation Inc., the Nation of Domination pummeling Hacksaw Butch Reed in a 3-1 attack after Hacksaw defeated Tony Atlas, Lex Luger successfully defending his Southern States title against Dr. D David Schultz after Schultz lost focus when Baby Doll laid a giant kiss on him and Magnum T.A. rushing the ring to save Rick Martel’s World Title from Nikita Koloff after Ivan helped his nephew by clobbering Martel with the Russian Chain.

After the video, Ivan and Nikita are at the interview desk.

Ivan Koloff: Magnum T.A. you have crossed the line. Nikita should right now be the World Champion. We all just saw it on the video tape but you stuck your head where it does not belong.

Jim Ross: I think the video shows you hitting NWA World Champ Rick Martel with a chain!

Nikita Koloff: Shut Up Jim Ross. What we did was follow the rules you Americans set up! I crushed Rick Martel in the first fall and then the ref gave Martel the second fall.

Jim Ross: Gave him? You hit him with a chain! Well anyway, this week in Jackson, Mississippi, it will be you two against Magnum and a partner of his choosing.

Ivan Koloff: Magnum T.A., you have crossed the line and this week you stupid Americans are going to watch your hero fall to the Russians. I doubt that anyone will be stupid enough to be his partner and suffer the wrath of the Koloffs so it will be a 2-1 handicap match and Magnum T.A. you will leave the ring permanently handicapped.

Match

The Ultimate Warrior defeats Verlon Biggs with the Warrior Smash

Jim Ross and the fans are really taking a shine to Warrior who has been on a major role of late. Ross hypes up his big match this week in OKC against the Barbarian and Skandar Akbar.

COMMERCIAL

Match

Dr. D. David Schultz beats Pez Whatley with the Piledriver

When Schultz gets over to the interview desk, Jim Ross wants to know about what happened last week in Baton Rouge when he lost his UWF Southern Title match against Lex Luger after Baby Doll gave him that big kiss. As Schultz gives his answer, he has a huge smile on his face for once.

David Schultz: I must say that women did get into my head. The good thing is that I found out two things. First of all, Luger can’t beat me on his own and secondly Baby Doll wants me as much as I want her. I have a feeling that this week in Oklahoma City, Lex luger is going to lose not only his title but his women!

All of a sudden, Lex comes out to the interview desk without Baby Doll and gets in the face of Schultz. Schultz just keeps smiling as he asks Luger if Baby Doll has already left him after tasting a real man down in Louisiana.

That is all it took for the brawl to be on. This one took every official and jobber in the building to break it up! Jim Ross adds a little a fire to the situation as he wonders where Baby Doll was tonight.

Match:

Exotic Adrian Street with Miss Linda prances his way to victory Moondog Moretti when he followed up a spanking with a Sleeper.

As we head to break, Ross lets us all know that the Exotic One will be continuing his war against the Hollywood Blondes this week in Jackson, Mississippi as he takes on Rip Rogers

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

Kendall Windham defeated Big Bob Roop when he followed up the running bulldog with a huge Lariat.

During the match, Jim Ross let’s us know that the UWF board of directors have noticed the winning streak that Windham has been on of late and that he has earned a Continental Title shot this week in Oklahoma City. During the match, Dirty Dick Slater came out with Jim Cornette and added to the commentary. Slater, gave a few backhanded compliments to the young Windham but mostly found fault with everything he did while Cornette can’t believe that the UWF is willing to ruin the career of a young wrestler who may have a nice future by putting him in the ring with Slater.

After the match, Windham came over for his post-match interview but Slater and Cornette where still there. Slater gave him a few more insults and when Windham stepped up to confront him, Slater put his hands up as if to say relax. Dirty Dick then tried to sucker punch Kendall.

Wham…. Windham blocked Slater’s blow and returned one of his own. Slater staggers back and gives his opponent a look of shock. Cornette steps in and Kendall comes at him. Cornette back peddles so fast that he falls down. Slater and Cornette scamper off as Windham hypes up his title match in OKC!

MATCH

Baron Von Rashke with Ron Wright defeated Brett Sawyer after Akbar canned Sawyer who fell right into Baron’s Clawhold.

COMMERCIALL

MATCH

UWF SOUTHERN TITLE

The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette vs The Nightmares

Cornette is more annoying than ever as he heads to the ring with a microphone which Jim Ross informs us he used this past week in Memphis against the Rock n Roll Express when he clocked Robert Gibson saving the title for his guys. Tonight, we see a great 8- minute TV match with a lot of back and forth. It was somewhat of a copycat match to the RnR Express match as Ken Wayne played the face in peril and Danny Davis came in like a house afire. Cornette once again get involved as he again clobbered his opponent with megaphone. This time he was caught by the ref who called for the bell. That didn’t bother the Midnight Express one bit as again they will leave with their titles. With Davis busted open, the Midnight Express went to work 3-1 against Wayne. Soon both Nightmares were a bloody mess and taking a big beating.

The crowd explodes as the Rock N Roll Express hit the ring causing Cornette’s crew to scamper back to the longer room. Gibson and Morton go to help the Nightmares. Jim Ross reminds us that there has been some bad blood between these two teams of late as the Nightmares have not been happy with the number of title shots they have received compared to the RnR Express. Gibson and Morton extend their hands as a gesture of peace but the Nightmares simply wave them off and walk out of the ring. Gibson and Morton seem frustrated and Jim Ross wonders why they even bothered to help the Nightmares tonight.

Warrior has a big test coming up against the Barbarian, should be a fun powerhouse match. Look at young Kendall standing up to Slater, I think Slater will be in for more of a fight than he thought. Dr. D cracks me up and he just might take the title and Baby Doll but Luger seems ready for the challenge. I like the intrigue involved with the RnR, Nightmares and Midnight Express. I wonder who Magnum will get as his partner????

Great opportunity for Kendall Windham against Dick Slater. But where Slater goes, Cornette goes. And where Cornette goes, so do the Midnights. Will be a tough task for the younger Windham!

I would not mind at all if that led to, say, Kendall, Ricky, & Robert vs Slater and the Midnights.

I wonder who Magnum's partner will be, vs the Russians.

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

4/26/1986

(HOUR #2)

Match:

Tommy “Wildfire” Rich defeats Larry Cheatum with the Lou Thesz Press

Tommy Rich headed over to the interview desk but before he gets there, Missy Hyatt is on the scene. She apparently has a black eye and has been crying.

Missy Hyatt: I begged you Tommy. I begged! I said never let Eddie find out about us! He has gone mad. He is like a Wildman.

Tommy Rich: DID HE DO THIS TO YOU! DID HE!

Missy, with her chest heaving, slowly nods her head as Wildfire takes off in search of Hotstuff! Jim Ross lets us all now that this love triangle is getting out of hand and he has no idea what will happen this week in OKC!

Match

DJ Peterson defeats Cowboy Don Bass with the Powerslam.

COMMERCIAL

Match:

Tony Atlas with Ernie Ladd crushes Frank Dalton with the Beahug

Atlas and Ladd are joined by the last member of the Nation of Domination , Bad Bad LeRoy Brown, where they are all having a good laugh about Hacksaw Reed warning them that he is not alone and that “We All-Americans Stick Together” comment that he made last week.

Ernie Ladd: Well Hacksaw, it sure seemed that you were all alone last week when the Nation of Domination left you laying on the mat in Baton Rouge. We all know you got no friends and if you was smart, you would be looking for another job.

Jim Ross: Why don’t you explain how it took all three of you to put Hacksaw down.

Ernie Ladd: All I know is that we are here today and Hacksaw Reed is at home recovering from the Nation and if he was smart he will stay home.

LeRoy Brown: I hope he is as dumb as he looks! He is mine this week in Jackson, Mississippi! I am a Bad, Bad man and I am going to hurt him real good. There is only one way out of the Nation of Domination and walking out on us is not the way. We will bury you Butch Reed.

Magnum T.A. defeats Buddy Landell with the Belly to Belly in under a minute.

Landell is a quality wrestler but was no match for T.A. tonight. He was in a real hurry to get to the interview desk where he was fuming about the Koloffs and what they did to the NWA World Champion, Rick Martel.

Magnum T.A.: You guys think that you can do whatever you want and that everyone is afraid of you. Well let me tell you one thing. All night long people have been coming up to me waiting to be my partner against you Russians this week in Jackson. No disrespect to any of my good friends back there but I have done some thinking and the man coming out now is the perfect partner!

Ole Anderson walks out real slow and means business.

Ole Anderson: Well Ivan Koloff, you have found yourself a real powerhouse! I will give you that Nikita! You got some big muscles! You move real fast. You even know some moves but do you have the motivation? I have a lot of wrongs to right. My motivation is to make sure the Anderson name goes down as not only the best in wrestling but the most respected. I know everything about Ivan. I know everything about Nikita. I have never wrestled him but I know he is a quitter. When I start grinding on the shoulder, he is going to be howling! I promise you this Jim Ross; Magnum T.A. is the best in the business now and I am the best tag team wrestler of all time. Together, we going to make those Commies see Red! Red as in their own blood which will be flowing all over the ring.

Jim Ross: I have known Ole a long time and what he says usually happens. Fans get down to Jackson, Mississippi this week as the Cold War is turning Red Hot!

COMMERCIAL

Match

Dick Murdoch & Big Bubba Ottman with Ron Wright defeat Pete Austin & Steve Brody as Ottman hit the Giant Splash on Brody

Jim Ross: Well Mr. Wright. It seems you finally have what you want!

Ron Wright: That’s right Jim Ross! The UWF has seen the light. They have granted Dick Murdoch and Big Bubba an NWA World Tag Team Title Shot this week against those Unchristian Road Warriors. I mean look at them. The personify the Devil. Face paint, studded dog collars around their necks, mohawks and shaved heads! The titles mean a lot but more important is to clean up this sport by getting rid of the low lives involved!

The Road Warriors rush out and the fight is on! Ottman is a hug man and Murdoch loves to brawl. This one is even from the get go and Jim Ross really hypes up the upcoming match.

MATCH

Dr. Death Steve Williams defeats Ray Candy with the football tackle in a battle of two real big men!

During the match, a fuming Skandar Akbar comes to the interview desk where he is upset that Freebirds beat his men last week. He also goes off on the UWF for granting a match to Ottman and Murdoch before Dr. Death and the Barbarian who were just named the #1contenders. He again claims that he is being discriminated against because of his nationality!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Rock N Roll Express vs The Long Riders (Ron Bass & Black Bart)

A nice battle for TV but in the end, the Rock n Roll hit the double dropkick on Bart and are going for the pin when out of nowhere, the Nightmares hit the scene. Together with the Long Riders, the Nightmares take control of the RnR Express and the show ends with Ron Bass yeeling to Black Bart to get the “Branding Iron.”

Action in the UWF is at an all time high! Another layer added to the hot Rich/Gilbert feud. The Nation looking stronger than ever. Murdoch and Bubba on a collision course with the Road Warriors. Nightmares go full on heel. So much great things going on in your stacked tag team division. To cap it off, Magnum and Ole forming an alliance! That tag match is going to be off the charts!

TlS8y7B.jpg?9

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 4/27/86

OKLAHOMA CITY: CIVIC CENTER

DJ Peterson beats Verlon Biggs with a powerslam.

Buddy Landell and Sam Houston wrestle to a 15-minute draw.

The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering defeats the Barbarian with Skandar Akbar as Paul Ellering stopped Akbar from getting involved as Ellering dragged Akbar off the apron. This may have led to the Barbarian being distracted but nonetheless, the Ultimate connected with a monster Warrior Smash to get his best win to date.

UWF Southern Tag Team Title Match: The Midnight Express beat Superstar Graham and Mike Graham as Cornette tripped up Graham allowing Loverboy Dennis to hit the Full Nelson facebuster for the win.

Dr. Death Steve Williams beats Superstar Graham in under two minutes as he connected with a huge football tackle. This might just be the one place left in the UWF where Dr. Death is getting some cheers.

UWF Continental Title Match: Dirty Dick Slater saved his title in a match against Kendall Windham as he rolled out of the ring before Windham could cover him after he hit a big time lariat. Cornette and Slater simply walked off as the ref made the 10 count. The crowd was booing wildly and pelted Slater and Cornette with anything they could get their hands on.

UWF Southern Tag Team Title Match: (Triple Threat) The Midnight Express retain their titles as they pin Ken Wayne after an Alabama Jammer by Eaton. Most of the night it was 4-2 as both the Midnight Express and the Nightmares double teamed the Rock n Roll Express. Morton and Gibson rallied and hit Wayne with the double dropkick but somehow Eaton tagged himself in and made the big move for the win.

Grudge Match: Tommy Rich with Missy Hyatt defeats Eddie Gilbert. No need to reread that. You got it right the first time. Missy Hyatt has left Hotstuff after he hit her last week and Wildfire is taking up the fight. Here Hyatt began her revenge with a loaded purse shot on her ex allowing Rich to gain the pinfall.

JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI: COLISEUM @ MISSISSIPPIT STATE FAIRGROUNDS

Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett beat Bob Roop & Moondog Moretti as JJ hit a reverse Rusian Legsweep for the pin.

Ray Candy beat Baron VonRaschke (with Ron Wright) with a second rope elbow drop.

Exotic Andrian Street with Miss. Linda beat Rip Rogers. As the action spilled outside the ring, Rogers grabbed Linda and put her in harms way of a big blow by Street but Street help up just in time. Miss. Linda hit a perfectly placed heel kick in a bad area which was all Street needed to set up a DDT on the arena floor. As Rogers was counted-out, Street pranced around the ring blowing kisses to all in attendance.

Ron Fuller & Bob Armstrong beat the Long Riders as Armstrong caught Black Bart with a Georgia Jawbreaker. Fuller and Armstrong seem to be back on the same page after last week where Fuller left Armstrong alone to fight Ron Wright’s Army.

UWF Southern Title Match: Lex Luger & Dr. D David Schultz fought to a No Contest as the two never even made it to the ring as they brawled all over the building. Baby Doll was conspicuous by her absence.

Hacksaw Butch Reed beat Bad Bad LeRoy Brown with Ernie Ladd with a Top Rope Football Tackle. This was a wild brawl from beginning to end and the Nation of Domination leader, Ernie Ladd was furious when Hacksaw gained the win. He quickly signaled for Tony Atlas to come to the ring and join in the battle. As Atlas rushed down the aisle he was followed by a huge man wearing a gold mask full of red tomahawks! The man caught Atlas from behind and quickly tossed him back with a belly to back suplex. With an amazing test of strength, he hoisted Atlas up in a Gorilla Press Slam. Reed and the Masked Man stood in the ring above the fallen Nation of Domination as Ernie Ladd was in shock!

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: The Road Warriors with Paul Ellering beat Dick Murdoch & Big Bubba Ottman. The end came when Animal slammed Ottman and made the tag to Hawk who hit a perfectly timed diving shoulder block on Bubba as he staggered to his feet. Animal made sure Murdoch couldn’t make the save. This was a huge battle here as Wright’s man really made a good showing. Murdoch might not have the physique of the Road Warriors but this type of brawling was right up his ally.

Magnum T.A. & Ole Anderson beat Ivan & Nikita Koloff in a true war. The end saw Ole and Nikita on the outside of the ring where Nikita connected with the Russian Sickle on Ole just as T.A. connected with the Belly to Belly Suplex on Ivan inside of the ring. The ref made the three count but with this ending, it is obvious who the two big dogs in this match are. Nikita looked at a broken Ole as Magnum looked at a broken Ivan then the two megastars stared each other down!

Landell and Houston is a fun match to me. Ultimate Warrior scores the biggest win to date over the Barbarian. Wow, Dr. Death destroys the Superstar. Kendall Windham is sure holding his own against Slater. Love the feud going on with Midnights, Nightmares and RnR. The Rich/Gilbert feud heats up even more as Missy goes with Rich. Despite the loss, Roop and Moretti seem like they would make a good team. It's funny seeing Street get over in this environment. That's great writing on your part. Hmmmm, where was Baby Doll??? Looks like Reed found himself a powerhouse of a partner. Road Warriors continue to be dominant champions. The ending to the main event was a great visual as Nikita and Magnum are heading for an explosive showdown!

I'm behind on this, but I thought the TV was really good at building to everything. Wright's crew getting the Roadies, Nightmares and RnRs and of course Magnum picking Ole as his partner.

I wonder what that finish means for Ole and Magnum. I like the direction I think this Nation angle is going. Rich beating Gilbert to continue the war is a good use of a non-clean finish that the heel had coming. I'm sure JR would have loved the NWA tag title match. The triple threat was right out of the MXE playbook. Loved the finish for Slater/Windham.

Wow, I got behind and SO much has happened in the UWF. I really love the Ole/Magnum pairing and the route your going with Ole, perfect way to play him post Horsemen.

The Rich/Gilbert/Missy love triangle is fun too, I suspected that Missy was luring Rich in for Gilbert so I was shocked when she helped Rich beat Gilbert!

I've always preferred the Nightmares as heels so I like how this is going.

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

5/4/1986

ELLIS AUDITORIUM

BLYTHVILLE, ARKANSAS

(First Hour)

Hello everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Ellis Auditorium in Blythville, Arkansas. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is Cowboy Bill Watts.

Cowboy Bill Watts: What a night it is going to be but first let’s we have a huge announcement. The UWF is going to be running their next supershow in just three weeks on May 26th. The event is being billed as the Memorial Day Bash and is being held at the Bay Center in Pensacola, Florida. For those of you who don’t know, Pensacola is one of the largest military towns in all of the United States so we thought what better way to honor our military then to bring them the greatest wrestling in all the land. For those of you have who have heard me speak before, you know the three things I believe in most are God, family and country and for that reason, all military personal will get into this monster event for $1.

Jim Ross: Even before we get to the video montage of the big UWF events in Oklahoma City and Jackson, Mississippi, we have some really disturbing video for you from Montreal and the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup where we were lucky enough to have some of the top stars in the UWF competing. The first video is from the first night on the tournament while the second clip comes from the finals

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel (Lutte) vs “Hacksaw” Butch Reed (UWF)

The broadcast team mentions the recent turn of events in UWF where Butch Reed has become a fan favourite over the past few weeks. Butch Reed’s strength plays to his advantage in the start but Martel’s quickness allows him to rally back into the match. It looks like Martel has a shot at winning this match, preparing to hit the Slingshot Splash on Butch Reed when out of nowhere, NIKITA KOLOFF runs in and trips Martel outside. The referee asks for the bell and Nikita goes on a rampage! Butch Reed tries to intervene but Nikita sends him face first on the ringpost. Nikita pummels Martel and it doesn’t take long for Martel to get busted open. Nikita sends Martel on the ring apron and brings his chain with him! Nikita starts choking Martel with his chain and he pulls away as much as he can. Martel is now hanging from the apron! Martel is literally turning purple and finally, a slew of officials are able to stop Nikita Koloff’s carnage! Martel is motionless on the floor and Nikita is escorted out of the ringside area by police officers.

Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup Finals

Giant Baba vs Antonio Inoki

Both Baba and Inoki shake hands before the start of the match. It’s everything we would expect out of these two as the puro style is featured throughout the match. After some back and forth, Giant Baba seems to be poised to win the match but as the referee tends on a seemingly injured Inoki following a missed kneedrop, NIKITA KOLOFF jumps the barricade and chop blocks Baba! The referee is still oblivious (and obviously Inoki as well) to what is happening as Nikita grabs his chain and climbs on the 2nd rope to hit the Russian Sickle on Baba! Inoki then realizes what Koloff just did and he gingerly gets back to his feet. Koloff steps outside the ring and is escorted out of the Forum by security.

7CjyPln.jpg?1

Jim Ross: I don’t know what to say. Those are some of the most heinous attacks I have ever seen. Nikita Koloff took it upon himself to try and ruin one of the great wrestling tournaments in the world. He showed know respect for the NWA organization and the World Champion and tried to destroy everything the United States and Japan have worked on in terms of sharing wrestling talent between continents! And that doesn’t even include him being arrested. Something has to be done!

Cowboy Bill Watts: I completely agree with you and so does the NWA Board of Directors. Since international authorities had to get involved, we thought the correct decision was to ban Nikita Koloff for an entire year!

Jim Ross: Well I applaud you Bill and the rest of the NWA. Something had to be done.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well hold on one minute. When we brought our decision to Rick Martel he pleaded with us not to this. He said Nikita spit on the entire memory of Johnny Rougeau, the NWA, Japanese and Canadian wrestling. He pleaded that suspending Nikita Koloff for one year would not give him the satisfaction of getting revenge. After hearing the champ out, we agreed to grant Rick Martel his wish. Nikita Koloff will not be suspended. It will be Rick Martel and Nikita Koloff on May 26th at Memorial Day Bash for the NWA World Title!

Jim Ross: Wow! Not sure a reward for Nikita Koloff is the best thing. I know the entire world will be pulling for Martel in Pensacola. Now let’s get to the video montage highlights from all the UWF action from last week in Oklahoma City and Jackson, Mississippi.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well hold on again, while Rick Martel may have rewarded Nikita Koloff, the UWF has decided to punish him severely. Nikita Koloff has been suspended for two weeks without pay and he has been STRIPPED OF THE UWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE.

Jim Ross: Finally some justice!

Montage set to Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA,” shows the Ultimate Warriors beating the Barbarian with the Warrior Smash, Missy Hyatt hitting Eddie Gilbert with the purse helping Wildfire get the win, Slater getting himself DQ’ed against Kendall Windham to save his Continental title, Lex Luger and Dr. D David Schultz battling all over the arena but with no Baby Doll insight, Hacksaw Reed being saved from another 3-1 attack from the Nation of Domination as a man in a gold mask with red tomahawks rushed out to help Reed and finally Magnum T.A. and Ole Anderson beating Nikita and Ivan Koloff!

Jim Ross: Well at least the Koloff’s did have perfect week. Let’s get to the ring.

Superstar Billy Graham beats Homer O’Dell with the Bearhug

Graham continues to get some love from the fans as they are into the tie-dye wearing, big earring wearing powerhouse. He also seems to be loving them as he high-fives everyone on both the way in and out.

COMMERCIAL

Match

Eddie Gilbert defeats Dixie Dynamite with the Hot Shot and a grab of the tights

At the interview desk, Eddie Gilbert is begging Missy Hyatt to come out as he is truly sorry. Jim Ross reminds us of the heinous act by Gilbert when he struck Missy last week and that Missy has now joined the side of Tommy Rich.

Missy Hyatt does come storming out and Eddie Gilbert begs for forgiveness and that she leaves Wildfire and comes back to him. You can tell by the look on Missy’s face that she is fuming.

SMACK! She clocks Eddie Gilbert with an open hand. Eddie quickly grabs his face and then stands up and makes a move towards Missy. From out of nowhere Wildfire hits the interview area and is all over Gilbert. We have never seen Wildfire this angry and he is hitting Gilbert with anything he can find. Jim Ross is begging for peace but Rich is having none of it. When all is said and done, Gilbert is left a bloody mess. Even the fans seem a little taken back by the brutality. Cowboy Bill Watts wonders if this feud has gone too far.

The Hollywood Blondes (Rip Rogers & Buddy Landell) defeat Memphis Vice (Winston & Bryant) as Rogers catches Bryant with the Sleeper

The Blondes pulled victory out of defeat here as Memphis Vice was all over them. As Bryant was coming off the ropes for a cross body block, Landell pulled the rope down and Bryant crashed to the floor where Landell roughed him up a bit. This was all Rogers needed to finish him off. At the interview desk, they denied any shenanigans and wanted everyone to know that they have some unfinished business with Exotic Adrian Street.

COMMERCIAL

Match:

The Mighty Seminole Warrior defeats King Cobra with a massive powerslam

The Mighty Seminole Warrior is the same masked wrestler who came out and saved Hacksaw Reed last week in Jackson, Mississippi and his raw energy and power quickly made him a fan favorite. At the interview desk, Jim Ross welcomed him to the UWF but even before we got an answer, that awful chant of “We Are… The Nation… Of Domination” was heard and Ernie Ladd came out demanding that he take that stupid gold mask with the red tomahawks off know.

Ernie Ladd: Whoever you are…. You have messed with the wrong people! Not sure who you think you are but it is obvious from the color of your arms and legs that you aint no injun! Take that stupid mask off or else my men will rip it off and we might just take your head with you!

Mighty Seminole Warrior: Now I aint used to anyone tellin me what to do and you aint gonna be the first. If you want this mask off, how bout you take it off for me right now.

As the Seminole Warrior flexes, Ernie Ladd actually takes a step backwards. The Warrior gives a massive laugh as he sees the fear in Ladd and says well how about this, if you want that mask off, pick one of your men to meet me in the ring this week in New Orleans and if you win, the mask comes off!

Ernie Ladd sees no downside to this offer and accepts and lets the Warrior know that he is in for a Bad Bad Night!

Jim Ross takes that to mean that it will be LeRoy Brown coming for the mask!

MATCH

Sam Houston beats the Spoiler with the Running Bulldog

The Spoiler is one tough dude and the fans were amazed at his ability to walk the top rope and then come down on his opponent with a thunderous elbow drop. Houston was able to grab the ropes when the Spoiler locked in the Claw hold. As the Spoiler regrouped, he rushed in just a bit too quick and Houston caught him with a big boot and followed it up with the Bulldog.

COMMERCIAL

Match

The Ultimate Warrior defeats Brutus Beekcake with the Warrior Smash

Jim Ross continues to hype up the Warrior and those who watch week in and week out know there is something big in the cards for the Ultimate Warrior.

Match

Grizzly Boone with Ron Wright defeats Mike Stone and Don Brunno in a Handicap Match with a Giant Splash on both men

Ron Wright is almost giddy at the interview desk as he is so excited by his new toy. He believes that the 440 pound Grizzly Boone has made his army complete and he can’t wait to destroy the Unchristian side of the UWF. He focuses on the Armstrong family and the Fuller family. Jim Ross says that he will have a chance later tonight as his men, Dick Murdoch and Big Bubba Ottman will face Ron Fuller and Bullet Bob Armstrong.

Great opening, putting Nikita over as a force of nature. Martel is crazy to want to fight Nikita that badly if you ask me. Rich destroying Gilbert smacks of a double turn. Ladd is going to regret messing with the Seminole Warrior. Ron Wright finding himself a 400+ pounder means bad news for the good guys.

All the events of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup make it even more interesting now that the UWF World Title is vacant. So many contenders who can step up and take that title. I'd keep a close eye on Jerry Lawler and Eddie Gilbert as my favorites.

Yea that opening segment really added more heat to Nikita. He's probably the most feared man in the NWA right now. Cant wait for the Martel/Nikita match. Love the Mighty Seminole Warrior angle. I don't know if anybody can take his mask off. The Rich/Gilbert feud is out of control! Houston with a big win over The Spoiler. I think big things are coming for the Ultimate Warrior. Ron Wright has a new monster in Grizzly Boone, I hope Bullet Bob and Ron Fuller are keeping their eyes on him.

I think it's obvious who the Mighty Seminole Warrior is. We all know that there was a famous wrestler active in the 1980s who went to Florida State University. Of course I am referring to none other than Barry Horowitz! (pats self on back).

(A surprising fact I uncovered when researching that "joke" is that Lana is also an FSU alum).

I am very interested to see how things she out from the tournament and my oh my the NWA is really cooking right now. Without a doubt, Nikita is in line to be THEE man in the NWA and I am hoping to see it come to fruition sooner than later. I also echo the movement of the Warrior... in 86 he was getting beat up by Phil Hickerson but he isn't far from being a big star.

Great job in developing Nikita into an absolutely unstoppable monster, Martel rose to the occasion to defeat Gordy but can he do it again with Koloff??

Fun stuff with the Seminole Warrior....between him and Butch Reed, the Nation may be Doomed!

Some many great contenders, the UWF title tournament should be very interesting.

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

5/4/1986

ELLIS AUDITORIUM

BLYTHVILLE, ARKANSAS

(HOUR #2)

Match:

Magnum T.A. with a big win over the Warlord & Skandar Akbar with the Belly to Belly

It doesn’t seem to matter who T.A. faces of late, he is going to come out on top. This match was no different as he took down the 330 pound freak of nature in under five minutes. At the interview desk, T.A. is fuming about the actions of Nikita Koloff and how he has disgraced the UWF title.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well Magnum, as you have already heard, the next UWF Supercard is going to be 3 weeks from tonight in Penscacola and I am pleased to announce we are hosting an 8 man tournament starting next week for the vacant UWF Heavyweight Championship with the finals of the tournament will be held at the Memorial Day event and you are the first entrant into that tournament. We will announce the other 7 next week.

Magnum T.A.: Mr. Watts… that is the best news I have heard in a long, long time and I will guarantee you that I will do my best to represent the UWF in a way that is deserving of such a company. And one more thing; Nikita I haven’t forgot what you have done!

Match

Dr. Death & The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar defeat Pete Austin & Steve Brody as Dr. Death spears Brody

At the interview desk, Devastation Inc. is laying claim to that NWA World Tag Team Title Match in Pensacola but Cowboy Bill Watts is not ready to give it to them and informs them that if they can beat Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody this week in New Orleans, the title shot will be theirs.

COMMERCIAL

Match:

Ray Candy defeats Killer Tim Brooks with the elbow drop

At the interview desk, Ray Candy let’s everyone know that he is in hot pursuit of Ron Wright’s Army and specifically calls out newcomer; Grizzly Boone. When Candy leaves, Jim Ross wonders if there is a ring that is big enough for Candy and Boone.

MATCH:

Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett beat Paul Kaye & Mike Savage as JJ hit the Reverse Russian Legsweep

While the winners were at the interview desk, Ron Bass and Black Bart came out and seemed pretty mad that Brad and JJ are always on TV just because of who Jarrett’s father is. You must give credit to JJ as he didn’t back down to these two rough dudes. Instead, he defends his TV time by stating his recent success. He quickly follows this up with a challenge to the Long Riders for this week in New Orleans…..

COMMERCIAL

Jim Ross: I can’t say it is pleasure but joining us now is Jim Cornette!

Jim Cornette: Well nice to see you to Jim Ross. You look almost as good as a bag of stale doughnuts. Jim Ross, I don’t mean to tell you I told you so but I did. I was out here last week and I guaranteed you that the Midnight Express and Dick Slater would leave Oklahoma City with both the NWA National Tag Team Titles and UWF Continental title. Cowboy Bill Watts tried to stack the deck against us. We not only had to beat the Rock n Roll Express but we also had to beat the Nightmares at the same time. And guess what Jim Ross; they don’t call Loverboy Dennis and Beautiful Bobby the greatest tag team in professional wrestling for nothing as they made it look easy. And as for Dick Slater… you better step up your game Bill Watts. Dirty Dick was such a humanitarian last week as he felt sorry for the youngster and didn’t want to hurt him any more than he already did so he simply walked away.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Ok Cornette, I have heard you spew enough nonsense out of your mouth! I am still in charge and Slater here was nothing but a coward running for cover against Kendall Windham in OKC so tonight, it will be a rematch between Slater and Kendall Windham and if Slater is counted out… the belt will change hands!

Cornette is stuttering something about Mamma’s lawyers but Cowboy Watts simply tells Cornette that it is match time!

MATCH

CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH

“DIRTY” DICK SLATER VS KENDALL WINDHAM

We get a nice 3 part match here where Windham starts white hot and is all over Slater. Slater hits a lowblow leads to his time on top. Slater spends some time working on the knee before locking in the Figure 4. Windham fights the pain and eventually rolls over for the reverse. The crowd is going wild as the smell a new champ but Slater reaches the ropes forcing the break. From here it is all Windham who is able to weaken Slater enough that he backs him into the corner for the Running Bulldog!

Wham… Windham connects with the Bulldog but before the ref makes the 3 count, Eaton and Condrey hit the ring and attack Kendall. The ref calls for the bell but the beating continues.

Jim Ross: Oh thank Gawd… here comes the Calvary. It is Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson; the Rock n Roll Express. As quickly as they hit the ring; it is emptied. A double dropkick to Eaton followed by one to Condrey has the Midnight Express on the floor. Next; they simple toss Slater over the top rope. As we go to break, the fan favorites are in charge of the ring while Cornette’s stable is on the floor arching their aching backs.

COMMERCIAL

When we come out of break, Jim Ross is excited as Cowboy Bill Watts let us know that he has just signed the Rock n Roll Express and Kendall Windham to face the Midnight Express and Dirty Dick Slater in New Orleans this week!

Bob Armstrong & Ron Fuller vs Dick Murdoch & Big Bubba Ottman

A wild match that is keeps everyone on the edge of their seats but in the end, does little to slow the war between Ron Wright and his men against the Bullet and the Stud. Only about 2 minutes into the match, we see Ron Wright signal to the back and out comes that monster we saw earlier; Grizzly Boone. At 400+ pounds, Boone easily sways the tide in the favor of Wright’s Army. The show ends with Ottman and Boone repeatedly coming off the ropes for Giant Splashes on both Armstrong and Fuller! Brad and Jeff Jarrett rush to their aid but they are swatted away like flies and they soon are met with the same fight!

Jim Ross: Bawh Gawd, the carnage! Ron Wright and his stable have left a mass of destruction in their wake!