Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

Magnum TA is having one heck of a UWF run. I'm picking him to win the tournament. Brody and Hansen vs. Dr. Death and Barbarian, ok I just bought a ticket. Candy vs. Boone will be one heck of a visual. Seems like Kendall really has Slater's number. Should be a fun 6 man tag match. Cornette once again delivers a priceless promo. The war between Wright's Army and Fuller/Armstrong reaches a new level.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun stuff with the Seminole Warrior....between him and Butch Reed, the Nation may be Doomed!

:lol:

kevin, what does the winner of the 8 man tournament get?

That 6-man tag in New Orleans should be hot.

Grizzly Boone is an interesting choice to bring in as a monster. He had a nice run in All Japan in 1988, including some matches against John Tenta that I'd really like to see.

I agree that the Jim Cornette promo was really good.

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

5/11/1986

TAD SMITH COLISEUM

OXFORD, MISSISSIPPI

(First Hour)

Hello everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Tad Smith Coliseum in Oxford Mississippi! I am Jim Ross and my partner today is Cowboy Bill Watts.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well before we get started with all of tonight’s action, let’s get to the video montage that my son Eric worked really hard on from this week’s major show form Lake Front Arena down in New Orleans.

Montage set to Creedence Clearwater Revivals “Born on the Bayou” shows the Midnight Express and Dirty Dick Slater beats the Rock n Roll Express and Kendall Windham as Cornette caught Morton with a tennis racket shot, the Mighty Seminole Warrior saves his mask as he beats LeRoy Brown with Ernie Ladd with a big powerslam and in a wild one, Devastation Inc (Dr. Death & the Barbarian) with Skandar Akbar beats Hansen and Brody as Dr. Death caught Hansen by surprise with a big football tackle as Akbar’s man save their title shot against the Road Warriors.

As we come out of break Jim Ross hypes up Memorial Day Bash in Pensacola on May 26th and gives us a partial card as he reminds us that it will be the Road Warriors vs Devastation Inc for the NWA World Tag Title, the finals to crown a new UWF Heavyweight Champion and Nikita Koloff vs Rick Martel for the NWA World Title. Watts promises to announce more matches later in the show and goes on to hype up the UWF tournament announcing the first round matches right after our first commercial break.

Match

The Spoiler beats Mike Graham with the Claw Hold

COMMERCIAL

After the break, Cowboy Bill Watts is excited to announce the first-

round matches in the UWF Heavyweight Tournament which will take place this Monday in the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Gulfport, Mississippi and the semifinals will take place this Thursday at the Tulsa Convention Center.

First Round

Magnum T.A. vs Tony Atlas with Ernie Ladd

Eddie Gilbert vs Hacksaw Butch Reed

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs Tommy Rich with Missy Hyatt

The Ultimate Warrior vs Dr. D David Schultz

Match

The Rock n Roll Express defeats The Long Riders (Ron Bass & Black Bart)

Morton took a severe beating from the Long Riders but managed a tag to Gibson where we went bonzo gonzo for a few minutes before the RnR Express hit the double dropkick on Black Bart for the 1.2.3. Bass tried to rush the ring with the branding iron but he also fell victim to the double dropkick.

At the interview desk, Jim Ross wanted to know how it feels to once again fall victim to Jim Cornette and the tennis racket like they did last week in New Orleans in the big 6 Man tag match.

Ricky Gibson: Well Jim Ross, I have seen Jim Cornette do a lot of bad things over time. I mean he doesn’t care what he does. He has hit us over the head with tennis rackets. He has paid Dirty Dick Slater to interfere in out matches. We can go way back to two years ago when he threw fire into my eyes. He doesn’t care if he takes a man’s living away but guess what. The only reason he does those things is he knows Eaton and Condrey can’t beat us on their own!

Robert Morton: You got that right Ricky and also notice one more thing. All those dirty attacks haven’t slowed us down one bit. Every time you look in the mirror Midnight Express, you see us coming at you and we aint going to stop until those NWA National Titles are wrapped around our waists.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well guys, as the head of the UWF, I would just like to thank you for your pursuit of that snake Jim Cornette and I would also like to inform you that you have been named the number 1 contenders for those National titles and you will get your shot at Memorial Day Bash!

Ricky Gibson: Well thank you Mr. Watts. We will do our best to bring those belts back to the fans but maybe you could do one more thing. Maybe you could give us a fair shot by banning Jim Cornette from ringside!

Even before Watts begins to reply Jim Cornette is rushing to the interview desk with a huge looking cell phone in his hand.

Jim Cornette: Hold on, hold on just a cotton pickin minute! I am calling Mama’s lawyers right now! Bill Watts you better not even entertain this idea or this will be the Cornette Wrestling Federation. I have done nothing wrong and I should be the one saying that the Rock n Roll Express should not even be involved in this match as we have beaten them from pillar to post each time you have foolishly put them in the ring with us.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Now all of you need to listen up! This is my company and I make all the decisions. For once I agree with you Jim Cornette. You have not done enough to have your managerial license taken away but you are teetering on the edge. I also agree with you Ricky Morton that you have not had a lot fair matches against the Midnight Express so here is how it is going to work. Jim Cornette… you will be at ringside in Pensacola but Rock n Roll Express you will decide the type of match it will be. I am going to give you guys to the end of the show to tell us the type of match you want.

As the RnR Express walk off, we see Cornette dialing that silly looking phone as fast as he could.

Jim Cornette: MAMA! MAMA!

COMMERCIAL

As we come out of break, Jim Ross is frantic about some chaos going on in the parking lot and that how there is a camera man getting out there as fast as he can.

In about five, we see a panicked Missy Hyatt screaming as Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert are in a wild brawl. As we here sirens approaching, we are seeing punches, kicks and bodyslams onto the hoods of cars. All of a sudden, the police are on the scene but it takes a herd of them to separate these two.

As we come back into the studio, Jim Ross let’s us all know that this feud has gone way past the sport of wrestling!

Cowboy Bill Watts: I am in shock at what I just witnessed on the tv monitor. It is not safe for these two right now and as the President of the UWF, I know I must do something about that. Right know I fear for both Tommy and Eddie. I fear for their futures after what we just saw. One or both of them could end up in jail. I fear for their safety. One or both of them could end up in the hospital or even worse. I feel for them both. I have known them both a long time and it has just gotten out of hand. Sometimes when you put a women in the middle, bad things happen. I am going to take some time to process what I just saw but I know I must figure something out for Tommy and Eddie. Hopefully, I will have some answers by the end of our second hour. Let’s get back to the ring.

Match:

Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett defeat Homer O’Dell & Verlon Biggs with the Russian Legsweep

COMMERCIAL

Match:

The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering defeats Killer Tim Brooks with the Warrior Smash

The Ultimate Warriors energy is becoming infectious as he is quickly rising to one of the most popular wrestlers in the UWF. Nothing changes when he hits the interview area where he can’t wait for the UWF Heavyweight Tournament this week and he promises that he is going to give everything he has! He says he has been burned by a lot of people in short period of time here in the UWF but that the fans have always given him their support and that he is going to be fighting for them this week.

Match:

Nikita Koloff vs Ole Anderson

Ole Anderson vowed revenge on Nikita for his attack on NWA Champion Rick Martel and held his own for the opening minutes but then Nikita’s power just took over. Nikita hit the Russian Sickle and Ole was down for the count except Nikita with an evil laugh picked him up before the three count. Another Russian Sickle with the same dirty tactic has Ole out on his feet and after the third Sickle, the ref simply calls for the bell.

The crowd is stunned as Magnum T.A. hits the ring but he simply goes over to Ole to make sure there are no further attacks. Magnum is just starring down Nikita and Ivan as Ole is placed on a stretcher. Even though the Russians do not go to the interview desk, Nikita is heard yelling: Rick Martel; You Are Next!

Cowboy Bill Watts: Wow, that was very disturbing. Nikita is a complete Wildman and I really hope Rick Martel knows what he is doing by facing him at the Memorial Day Bash! As the show is coming to an end the Rock N Roll Express comes out.

Jim Ross: Well Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, you are facing the Midnight Express for the NWA National Tag Titles on May 26th at Memorial Day Bash and Cowboy Bill Watts says it is your choice as to the type of match.

Robert Gibson: Well Jim, Ricky and myself know we are better then the Midnight Express as long as we can keep Jim Cornette from getting involved. So we have been in the back thinking through all the angles. We thought about a No DQ match but that plays right into his hands. With thought of a 2 out of 3 falls but that just gives that snake three chances to get involved. We in.

Jim Ross: Do I smell a Steel Cage Match?

Ricky Gibson: No brother, we came up with even a better match! We are going up! Way Up! 25 feet in the sky in a Scaffold Match! We know Cornette is too much of a coward to come up there and now it will be just the Midnight Express vs the Rock n Roll Express for the titles!

Jim Cornette runs out screaming that this is insane! He is already dialing that bulky cell phone but it doesn’t matter as Cowboy Bill Watts says this is the most dangerous match in all of wrestling but it is just the type of match that Ricky and Robert will have a fair shot!

Oh snap a scaffold match! That gets my money. Looking forward to the UWF tournament, very intriguing 1st round match ups. I gotta go with Magnum as he's on fire right now. Wow Ole taken out on a stretcher courtesy of Nikita. Nikita is the most feared man in the NWA right now. This is going to be one tough challenge for Martel. Cant wait to see what Watt's has planned for Rich and Gilbert. He's right, this feud is out of control. Dr. D and Barbarian have huge momentum going into their title match, as they score a major victory over Hansen and Brody. LOL "Cornette Wrestling Federation".

Great build for Martel/Nikita with Magnum not even being physically involved. Ole sure had to pay though. Gilbert and Rich is also a great feud. Any time you can create that impression of a blood feud that's not about winning or losing a match it will draw. I am no huge fan of scaffold matches, but it keeps Jimmy C out of the picture.

Looking forward to the write up of the Scaffold match. I don't know if we've had a high profile one that I can remember but I am probably wrong. Lots of good tv and the timing for Nikita is right... can't wait to see how high he can go within the NWA.

Dude, I literally just had one last week in the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup! :P

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

5/11/1986

TAD SMITH COLISEUM

OXFORD, MISSISSIPPI

(HOUR #2)

Match:

The Mighty Seminole Warrior beats Rip Rogers with an inverted powerslam that ricks the house!

Rip Rogers tried playing the scarred heel gimmick here but within a minute or two, he truly was scared. The Seminole Warrior was just to fast and strong and seemed one step ahead.

Ron Simmons: Well. Well, Well… what are you going to do next Ernie Ladd? You thought LeRoy Brown was Bad enough to come and get this mask off! You must be a dumb as you look.

The crowd explodes as Hacksaw Reed comes out and the two hug!

Hacksaw Butch Reed: Ernie Ladd…. I told ya’ll, us All-Americans stick together. It looks like your Nation of Domination is not so dominating since I left. In fact… myself with the Mighty Seminole Warrior here might just be the DOOM of your little group.

Ernie Ladd struts out to a chorus of boos…

Ernie Ladd: Well the clown here in the silly mask gets a lucky win and you two fools think that the strongest alliance in all of wrestling… the Nation of Domination is crumbling. You two are out of your minds! In fact, I am so sure you guys couldn’t beat Tony Atlas and Bad Bad LeRoy Brown that I will put my managerial license on the line. My Nation of Domination vs you two suckers at Memorial Day Bask in Pensacola, Florida!

Hacksaw Butch Reed: Oh now we are talking. Have you not forgotten the last time you put something on the line against me, I ended your wrestling career! You got a deal! That means in just a few weeks, I will be UWF Champ and have gotten rid of Ernie Ladd!

Ernie Ladd: Not so fast you mental midget. When we win, the clown here must unmask!

Mighty Seminole Warrior: Deal…. If you wanted to know who I was, all you had to do was ask.

All of a sudden, the Mighty Seminole Warrior rips off his own mask!!!!!

Jim Ross: Good Gawd Almighty! It’s Ron Simmons and he is flexing every muscle in his body.

Ernie Ladd, with a look of horror, stumbles backwards and actually ends up tripping over his own feet. Reed and Simmons look like they want to get the fight underway now as Ladd basically crawls away!

Match

Dr. Death & The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar defeat Bob Whipmore & Al Costello as Dr. Death spears Whipmore

Skandar Akbar: Listen up you no good losers out their in TV land. The Road Warriors have you all fooled. You think they are the mightiest team around but they have a weakness. A really big weakness. They are missing some of their senses. They hear alright as their heads seem to get bigger and bigger each time you fools cheer for them so they must hear you but that is it! They can’t smell or see! Those two clowns with the war paint can’t possible be able to smell. I mean it if they could, they would take a shower. They smell like rotten eggs and do nothing about it and they are as blind as a bat. If they could see at all, they would see there days as champs are over. That’s right Paul Ellering, break it to your boys, the World Titles will be in the hands of Devastation Inc. in two weeks at Memorial Day Bash.

COMMERCIAL

Match:

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright beats DJ Peterson with the Brainbuster

Ron Wright: I am so excited right now! Others are helping to do my dirty work! Eddie Gilbert was in the parking lot trying to get rid of the Unchristian Tommy Rich. Rich struts around hear taking other guy’s women. Wildfire Rich is full of sin and if he actually gets out the jail he was just taken to and if he is still able to stand after the beating that Eddie Gilbert gave him, my man Dick Murdoch is going to drop him right on his head in the first round of the UWF Title Tournament.

Dick Murdoch: Tommy Rich, we go back a long way! The only problem for you is that means I have had plenty of time to get to hate you and hate you I do! Bring your asperin this week as I am going to Bust your Brain!

UWF SOUTHERN TITLE MATCH

LEX LUGER VS BUDDY LANDELL

The tough night for the Hollywood Blondes continues as Landell meets a similar fate to Rip Rogers. Luger is just too good right now to allow any of Landell’s tricks to work. After about 5 minutes with see Landell submit to the Rack Attack.

It was obvious that Lex still was excited to greet the fans but when Jim Ross asked about the whereabouts of Baby Doll, Luger quickly became irrated as stormed off. As we go to break, Jim Ross wonders if it was something he said.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

KENDALL WINDHAM VS BRUTUS BEEKCAKE

In a rather long match for tv, we go about 8 minutes of back and forth action before Windham is able to get the win with the running bulldog. At the interview desk, Cowboy Bill Watts reminds us that Windham has also suffered recently at the hands Jim Cornette just like the Rock n Roll Express so he has granted Windham another shot at the UWF Continental Title against Dirty Dick Slater at the Memorial Day Bash!

Match

Exotic Adrian Street with Miss. Linda defeats Frank Dalton with a sleeper hold

It still amazes Cowboy Bill Watt’s that the antics of the Exotic One and Miss. Linda have won over these fans but it is obvious that they love his style.

COMMERCIAL

Match

Bob Armstrong & Ron Fuller vs Grizzly Boone and Big Bubba Ottman with Ron Wright

A wild match that is keeps everyone on the edge of their seats! Unfortunately, Ron Fuller was injured early here and Bob Armstrong was forced to do almost of all the work on his own. It was just too much as the 400+ pounder Grizzly Boone caught him with a Giant Splash for the win.

Ron Wright’s crew added a double splash to Armstrong who needed medical attention to get back to the locker room as Ron Wright was yelling how they got rid of one of the “Unchristianed ones” tonight!

Before the end of the show were hear from Cowboy Bill Watts.

Cowboy Bill Watts: As I said in the last hour, I needed some time to think about the feud between Tommy “Wildfire” Rich and “Hotstuff” Eddie Gilbert. This feud has truly gotten out of hand and I fear for the safety of Tommy, Eddie and Missy Hyatt. To make sure that nobody gets seriously hurt, I have decided their match at the Memorial Day Bash will be a Loser Leave Town Match!

Jim Ross: Wow, I can’t believe it has gotten to that point but you are right and while wrestling is already as dangerous as a rattle snake, these two looks like the are trying to taste the venom!

but in the end, does little to slow the war between Ron Wright and his men against the Bullet and the Stud. Only about 2 minutes into the match, we see Ron Wright signal to the back and out comes that monster we saw earlier; Grizzly Boone. At 400+ pounds, Boone easily sways the tide in the favor of Wright’s Army. The show ends with Ottman and Boone repeatedly coming off the ropes for Giant Splashes on both Armstrong and Fuller! Brad and Jeff Jarrett rush to their aid but they are swatted away like flies and they soon are met with the same fight!

Jim Ross: Bawh Gawd, the carnage! Ron Wright and his stable have left a mass of destruction in their wake!

Man, this night belonged to Wright's Army as they left behind total carnage. Rich vs. Gilbert in a loser leaves town match, this is truly the stipulation these guys need. Kendall gets another crack at Slater, should be fun. Cant wait for Devastation Inc versus the Road Warriors. I'm with Watts, LOL I still cant believe Adrian Street has gotten over with these fans. And yes, Doom is born! That was one great segment. Will Ladd lose his manager's license???

I am not sure which was the more shocking reveal: that M.S.W. turned out to be Ron Simmons or that R.A.M. was Hulk Hogan alll along, brother.

Memorial Day Bash just keeps getting hotter and hotter. Rich vs Gilbert, LLT, absolutely puts it over the top as a must-see event.

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1491956121

RAPIDES PARRISH COLISEUM

ALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA

5/17/1986

Hello everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Rapides Parrish Coliseum in Alexandria, Louisiana! I am Jim Ross and my partner today is Cowboy Bill Watts.

Summary Form:

1. Tonight’s show has complete video tape matches of the first and second round of the tournament to crown the new UWF Champion.

First Round: Matches from the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Gulfport, Mississippi

Match #1

Magnum T.A. vs Tony Atlas with Ernie Ladd

This one is a bit of an unusually one for Magnum as he is unable to put Atlas away in under a minute or two. In fact, this one is a back and forth struggle. The first few minutes they tested each other out with Atlas actually coming out on top. Magnum made his comeback after he Atlas locked in the Bearhug but Magnum caught him with a big elbow across the nose. Magnum now took control but Ernie Ladd stuck his nose in here when the match spilled outside the ring. Ladd caught Magnum with the big boot and it looked like trouble for Magnum.

Hacksaw Reed rushed out and Gorilla Pressed Slammed Ladd as the crowd exploded. From here on out, it was one on one as Ladd was never a factor again. In the end, Magnum ducked under a big clothesline by Atlas and caught him a forearm if his own. An Irish whip followed up by the belly to belly was all she wrote as Magnum T.A. moves on. Ladd did not seem happy with Atlas on the way back to the ring.

Match # 2

Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Hotstuff Eddie Gilbert

This one was over before it got started as Bad Bad LeRoy Brown Pearl Harbored Reed on his way to the ring getting revenge for Reed getting involved in the last match. Gilbert toyed with Reed for a few minutes before hitting the Hot Shot for the win!

Match #3

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs Tommy Rich

The fans were really disappointed here as Dick Murdoch gets the win as Wildfire was a no show!

Match

Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering vs Dr. D David Schultz

Probably the best match of the first round! These two traded big blow after big blow. The Warrior looked in serious trouble as Dr. D hit the piledriver but it was too close to the ropes and the Warrior was able to get a foot across the bottom one. As Dr. D went for a second piledriver, Warrior blocked it and hit a back body drop. From here, the Warrior became so pumped up that nothing could hurt him. He grabbed the top rope and began to shake them so hard that the entire ring looked like it was to crumble under his power! From here, we see the biggest Warrior smash ever and Dr. D is down for the count! Jim Ross is amazed at just how far the Warrior has progressed since joining with Paul Ellering.

Semi-Finals from the Tulsa Convention Center

Match #1

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering

Unfortunately, the momentum gained by the Warrior in Gulfport couldn’t carry over here tonight but it was mostly due to that snake Ron Wright. Murdoch seemed to knock into the ref on purpose and when he was down, Wright was able to slip his “chisel” (Brass Knuckles) into Murdoch he clocked Warrior. The ref saw none of this and just made the 3 count. The fans did get some satisfaction though as Ellering somehow got the brass knuckles as nailed Wright!

Match #2

Magnum T.A. vs Eddie Gilbert

This match never took place but the fans still got a lot of action. With T.A. in the ring and Eddie Gilbert walking down the aisle, Tommy Rich, with his head completely bandaged, comes up from behind Gilbert with a baseball bat and clobbers him. Rich continues the insane beating of Eddie Gilbert until the Tulsa police are able to get him under control. Missy Hyatt is out there with Tommy and it seems like she is begging him to stop.

While Magnum T.A. moves into the finals at Memorial Day Bash vs Dick Murdoch, we find out that Wildfire might have had a reason for the heinous attack. Tommy Rich was unable to make it to his match against Murdoch because he was in a hit and run car accident. We see a picture of Wildfire’s completely totaled pick up truck and we are informed that Rich spent the night in the Gulfport Hospital after his head was cracked open after it hit the windshield. Jim Ross let’s us know that Gulfport police have not arrested anyone but that Eddie Gilbert is the #1 suspect.

So the finals for the UWF Championship are set and it will be Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs Magnum T.A.

1. The rest of the show has a few matches and interview to hype up the Memorial Day Bash at the Bay Center in Pensacola, Florida. Here is the full card.

MEMORIAL DAY BASH

BAY CENTER

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA

MAY 26, 1986

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

Rick Martel vs Nikita Koloff

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Road Warriors vs Devastation Inc. (Dr. Death Steve Williams & The Barbarian) with Skandar Akbar

UWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT FINALS

Magnum T.A. vs Dick Murdock with Ron Wright

NWA NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

SCAFFOLD MATCH

The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette vs The Rock n Roll Express

LOSER LEAVE TOWN MATCH

Eddie Gilbert vs Tommy Rich & Missy Hyatt

UWF SOUTHERN TITLE MATCH

Lex Luger vs Dr.D David Schultz

UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH

“Dirty” Dick Slater with Jim Cornette vs Kendall Windham

DIXIE STREET FIGHT

Grizzly Boone & Big Bubba Ottman with Ron Wright vs Bob Armstrong & Ron Fuller

CHALLENGE MATCH

Ultimate Warrior vs Ron Wright’s Special Enforcer

Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett vs The Hollywood Blondes (Rip Rogers & Buddy Landell)

Exotic Adrian Street with Miss Linda vs Cowboy Ron Bass

Dang that Memorial Bash card is stacked! So many heated matches. So many feuds to be settled. It's going to be an explosive night of action. Magnum and Murdoch should be a great bout for the UWF title. The Rich/Gilbert feud has gone way above out of control. I'm really excited for the Martel/Nikita collision for all the marbles.

Wright's Army completely dominated hour two. Watts announcing Rich vs. Gilbert LLT was pretty damn huge too. Your tag division is becoming ridiculous kinds of good.

I struggle to believe that Gilbert would hit Rich's car on purpose. Rich himself maybe, but not his car. :)