Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exciting 2nd hour that brought out top stars everywhere. Magnum needed some help and boy does he have it. Magnum, Lawler and Kerry vs. Nikita, Ivan and Ole will be a blockbuster of a main event. Boone isn't just going away as Wright found out. Things just seem right seeing Big Bubba with Cornette. Fun main event but what a shocker seeing the Fab Ones align with Ernie Ladd. Ladd made some serious waves with this move. 

Jack Brisco as the guest announcer is a stroke of genius.  Loved the Ole/Ivan interview.  Or was that a preview of Grumpy Old Men? :)  Brisco taking out Landell was awesome.  Royal, Rotundo and the Devil's Duo all get good intros here.  And Skandor wants a piece of Steve Williams.  I'm happy about that.  Haku and Williams is a great, great feud and I can't wait.  I liked Wright running off when a video was threatened.

Ladd and the Fabs?  I wonder how long Ladd can fight the good fight.  Or the Fabs for that matter.  Lawler and Magnum are definitely a force to be reckoned with.  But can they take out the Russians?  JYD is probably right about Ladd.  Nice, Corny brings in Bossman!  Should be a very good addition to the stable.  Grizzly Boone is playing with fire.  Lawler and Kerry working together, whaddya know?  Oh my, Ernie Ladd double crossed us all!!  Love that feud by the way, 2 of my top 10 tag teams ever feuding. :)

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

7/18/1986

GULF COAST COLISEUM

GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI

(HOUR #1)

Hello everybody.  Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Gulfport, Mississippi.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is once again wrestling legend Jack Brisco.  Well fans, this feud between Kerry VonErich and the NWA World Champion, Nikita Koloff, is really heating up! 

Jack Brisco:  You can say that again but with the World Title on the line in just a few days in Dallas, you can understand why!  Take a look at these two clips of what has happened in the past week.

Video clip #1 from Amarillo, Texas shows Ivan, Nikita and Ole Anderson interfering in the NWA World 6 Man Title Match between the VonErichs and the Freebirds where Nikita prevented the VonErichs from winning the titles with a well timed Russian Sickle on Kerry.

Video clip #2 from Memphis shows Kerry, Jerry Lawler and Magnum T.A. defeating Ivan, Nikita and Ole Anderson as Kerry VonErich actually pins Nikita after a Discuss Punch!

After the video clips both Jim Ross and Jack Brisco really hype up the fact that Kerry pinned Nikita and that it was the first time he has been pinned since arriving in the UWF!  Kerry VonErich comes out to a thunderous ovation.

Kerry VonErich:  I told you last week that Nikita Koloff was nervous.  He knows that I can beat him and after what happened in Amarillo, this is now personal!  Nikita cost my brothers and I the World 6 Man Titles and now I am I am going to get even and take that NWA World Title and put it around my waist! 

Wham! 

From out of nowhere, Nikita rushed the scene and from behind, hit Kerry with a Russian Sickle.  Ole and Ivan where not far behind and the beating was on.  It took a minute or two before Jerry Lawler and Magnum T.A. rushed out to make the safe as the three heels took off running.  Jim Ross thanked Lawler and T.A. for coming out but Jack Brisco wonders if it was in time as it was obvious that Nikita will do anything to keep Kerry from showing up in Dallas this week.

COMMERCIAL 

Buddy Landell defeats Action Jackson with the Figure 4 

After the match, Landell is unusually humble at the interview desk and says he would like to apologize to Jack Brisco for calling him over the hill last week.  He even puts his hand out for a shake as Jim Ross warns Brisco to be careful here.  Brisco slowly holds out his hand and Landell does in fact shake it!  Jim Ross wonders if Landell has had a change a heart!

Buddy Landell:  Maybe not a change of heart but I think I learned a valuable lesson from Mr. Brisco last week.  There is a time for everything in this business but before you can strut around here like you accomplished something, you must actually accomplish something. 

Jack Brisco:  I told you last week Jim this boy has talent and now we find out he even has some smarts! 

The Long Riders with Ron Wright defeat The Dixie Dynamites as Wright sucker punched Dynamite #1 with his Knucklebuster followed by a Leg Drop by Black Bart

Ron Wright:  I never thought I would see the day that Cowboy Bill Watts would come to his senses and join me in trying to rid the UWF of the Unchristianed!  That’s right folks, in two weeks in the Omni, the Long Riders are going to take the UWF tag titles off of Jeff Jarrett and Brad Armstrong.   

Ron Bass:  (spitting tobacco juice)  You two spoiled brats think because of who your fathers are that wrestling is a good job for you all!  You thought they would protect you from people like us, well guess what?  Ron Wright here is paying us a lot of money to get rid of your people and it two weeks in the Omni, you are going to get real hurt! 

Black Bart:  You know what Jim Ross… I heard there is something stirring up around St. Louis, Missouri.  That’s right, the UWF is returning to the gateway to the West but I know that don’t mean a hill a beans to me.  The only thing I care about is the Rastlin business and that means I got to take out those two wiper-snappers that somehow got the UWF tag titles.  I am going to take this branding iron I got and making my mark on Jarrett and Armstrong! 

COMMERCIAL 

The Cuban Assassin defeats Steve Walsh with the Castro Sleeper 

As the Cuban Assassin is heading back to the locker room waving his Cuban Flag, the U.S. Express are heading out to the interview desk.  Both Windham and Rotundo have trouble accepting the Assassin’s anti-American behavior and have words with the Assassin but for once in the UWF, peace prevails. 

Kendall Windham:  I don’t know what is going on around here lately but between the Cuban Assassin, the Russians and Skandar Akbar… there are too many people talking bad about a country I love.

Mike Rotundo:  You got that right but you left someone out brother and that is one Ole Anderson.  The lowest of the low.  Siding with the Koloffs over America.  Helping Nikita keep his belt over Magnum T.A.

This is where we find out that in in St. Louis, it will be the US Express vs Ole Anderson and Ivan Koloff. 

The Fab Ones with Ernie Ladd defeat The Portlanders (Steve Doring & Rocky Iaukea) as Lane hit Doring with a Superkick and grabbed the trunks on the pin.

This was not your typical jobber match as Doring hit a powerslam on Keirn and we almost had the upset.  At the interview desk, we once again hear all we can take about Ernie Ladd and his new prized tag team.  Ladd, Keirn and Lane all are in search of the Rock n Roll Express and a National Title shot and they are unsure why, with their reputation, they have not been granted one yet. 

COMMERCIAL 

UWF Southern Title Match

Lex Luger with Baby Doll vs Iceman Parsons 

Iceman returns here to the UWF after a long absence but he is coming back to something he is unfamiliar with here in the UWF as a chorus of boos leads him to the ring.  The UWF fans have seen on TV his recent ties to Ernie Ladd in World Class and are disgusted by his role in the Revolution.  Baby Doll and Luger came out to even more fanfare then usually and Baby Doll really played this up on her way to the ring. 

As for the match, Iceman tried every trick in the book and did hold the momentum for much of that match but Luger would just overpower him at times and hit big moves that rocked Iceman. 

Jim Ross:  Oh no!  It can’t it be!  Ernie Ladd is walking to the ring!

Iceman has a big grin on his face while Baby Doll senses trouble and goes right after Ladd and gets in his face.  Ladd just ignores her and goes to ringside.  While this show is going on, the action in the ring spills outside!  Iceman and Luger are battling it out as Iceman grabs a chair.  Ladd hops up on the apron and distracts the ref.  Somehow  Baby Doll grabs the chair from Iceman.  Iceman turns and Baby Doll slaps him right across the face but the ref had turned in time to see this and he now goes to admonish Baby Doll.   

Wham! 

Jim Ross:  Bah Gawd… What is the world just happened?  Ernie Ladd just hit Iceman Parsons with a Big Boot and then rolled him back into the ring.

Lex Luger re-enters the ring and picks up Iceman in the Torture Rack and Iceman is forced to submit!

Ernie Ladd, Lex Luger and Baby Doll are all embracing as the Fab Ones come out to join the party.

Jack Brisco:  One thing that is for sure… I have no idea what Ernie Ladd is doing but he is making the life in the UWF really interesting.

Whoa! Didn't see that shocker coming. Luger and Baby Doll aligning with Ladd??? Wow! Fun seeing the Kerry/Nikita feud crossing over in different territories. Another great way to build up their huge WCCW Bash match. Are we seeing a different side to Landell? I wonder if he's being genuine or does he have something up his sleeve? Long Riders have a good showing and strong Promo. Cuban Assassin will be a fun heel here. The US Express getting into the thick of things as they have a showdown coming up with Ole and Ivan. A Fab Ones/RnR Express feud could be epic! 

Whoa, Kerry got a pin on NIkita!  Very nice.  Lawler and Magnum are a little late for Kerry here and i like setting up Kerry as the underdog again.  Landell has something up his sleeve.  I just know it.  Brad and Jeff are in trouble, but my guess is they can handle it.  Barely.  Good feud for the U.S. Express.  Why do I get the feeling the Cuban Assassin is going to be involved?  Luger with Ladd over Iceman is a great, great swerve.  I am loving Ladd's new stable.  Also, Luger and Stan Lane in the same stable would be way, way too similar looking. :)

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

7/18/1986

GULF COAST COLISEUM

GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI

(HOUR #2) 

The second hour begins with the Ernie Ladd, Baby Doll, Lex Luger and the Fab Ones at the interview desk.   

Jim Ross:  Well Ernie Ladd… I see that you are doing what you set out to do which it to create the best stable of any manager in wrestling but Lex… what gives? 

Lex Luger:  To be honest Jim Ross, this was an easy choice.  I have been giving 100 percent to this organization and trying to do what is right.  When the Rock n Roll Express had problems, I came out and helped them in their fight.  I have done the same for Magnum T.A. but have you ever seen them come out and support me.  Think about it and I am sure you’re answer will be never.  Every time Eddie Gilbert sucker punched Baby Doll those guys never stepped up.  Every time David Schultz came up from behind and hit me with a chair, nobody helped.  Well I have watched each of Ernie Ladd’s organizations whether it be the Nation of Domination or the Revolution, they always had each other’s backs.

Jim Ross:  Not sure about that… do you not remember that Iceman Parsons was a part of those organizations?

Baby Doll:  Sorry to say this but Iceman Parsons is just not good enough for what we are building!  This will be the Perfect Alliance!

Ernie Ladd:  And just so ya’ll know, you aint seen nothin yet!

Jack Brisco:  UWF fans be ready for anything.  I have known Ernie Ladd for a long time and one thing for sure is that you should never underestimate him.  Remember, he is the guy who broke Andre The Giant’s leg.

Match:  Grizzly Boon defeats Mike Miller with the Giant Splash 

Boon is joined by Bullet Bob Armstrong at the interview desk where Boone, in his Hillbilly dialect, guarantees revenge on Ron Wright and his Army while the Bullet wonders how Wright feels being the hunted instead of the Hunter for once and how scarred he must be to know that a 400 pound monster is looking for him.  They also hype up their match for this Monday in Mobile against Dick Murdoch and Ron Fuller!

COMMERCIAL 

Sean Royal defeats Jeremy John with a top rope drop kick 

Both Ross and Brisco hype up this youngster as he gets his second win in two weeks on national tv.

Mil Mascaras & Atlantis defeat Killer Tim Brooks & Jesse James 

These two masked luchadores thrilled the crowd with their aerial tactics.  Many had known about Mil but Atlantis was new to them but he did not disappoint.  The match ended with a double plancha on James.  The one team who was not impressed was Devil’s Duo who came out to the ring and mocked the two winners because of their masks.  Mil looked at Atlantis and they both shook their heads and took off with a mad dash to the ropes and leaped over the top rope and crashed into Devil’s Duo for an amazing flying double cross body block. 

Jim Ross:  Ha!  That will teach Jeff Sword and Doug Vines to mess with   Mil Mascaras and Atlantis!   

COMMERCIAL 

Before our next match, we find out that the Devil’s Duo have challenged Mil Mascaras and Atlantis to a match this week in Jackson, Mississippi and with a simply nod of the masks, the high-flying team accepted.

Dirty Dick Slater with Jim Cornette and Big Bubba Rogers defeats Lou Winston with the Figure 4 

Jim Ross:  Well Mr. Cornette, it seems you have gotten one of your wishes.  Dick Slater will be granted his rematch for the UWF Continental Title against Terry Taylor this week in Jackson.

Jim Cornette:  In just a few days Dick Slater, one of the toughest men in wrestling, is going to knock that pretty boy Terry Taylor into next week and prove that his victory over Slater at the Bash was just a fluke.  Remember, Mama has invested a lot of money into Dick Slater and she is going to see a return on her investment. 

As Cornette says this Slater and Big Bubba look at each other and for the first time in weeks, we see this huge correctional officer almost smile as he slams his night stick into his hand.

After Cornette leaves, Jim Ross introduces the NWA United States Champion… Ted Dibiase.

Ted Dibiase:  Now this is ridiculous.  I have left my vacation for this!  I mean come on… Mississippi.  I have more in one bank account then every redneck farmer and drunk riverboat gambler in this entire backwards state! 

Jack Brisco:  Hey brother.  Money isn’t everything!  These people put in an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay. 

Ted Dibiase:  Well then I want no part of honesty!

Jim Ross:  You could say that again but you must be here for something.

Ted Dibiase:  As NWA United States Champion, I must visit all the territories and show them my superiority.  Here in the UWF that should take all of 5 minutes.

Jim Ross:  Let me get this straight, you think you can beat any man in the UWF in 5 minutes? 

Ted Dibiase:  Without a doubt.

Jim Ross:  Mr. Dibiase, you have spent quite a lot of time in the UWF and you know we have some of the greatest wrestlers in the World.

Ted Dibiase:  But I am THEE Best!  Let’s get this over.  I have blessed these pig farmers with my presence long enough.

As Ted Dibiase goes to the ring, we wait a minute wondering who is going to come out and it is our ears, not our eyes that tells us as “Another One Bites the Dust” blares from the speakers.

Ted Dibiase looks like he has seen a ghost as Ross reminds us the Dog whooped up on Dibiase the last time he was in the UWF!  Dibase tries to attack before the bell but the Dog is ready for it.  The Dog is on fire and catches him with right hand after right hand.  Dog then hits three big headbutts but holds Dibase up by his hair.  One Irish whip later and the Dog hits the Big Thump!

Somehow Dibiase kicks out of the pin attempt and we here the bell signaling theend of t h minutes.  Dibiase quickly rolls out of the ring and keeps going to the locker room.   

COMMERCIAL 

Before our main event, Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and says that after what we just saw, JYD is the new #1 contender for the NWA U.S. Title and that JYD will get a real title match this week in Nashville, Tennessee.

Skandar Akbar comes out to the podium and challenges Steve “Dr. Death” Williams to a match right now against the newest member of Devastation Inc.

Dr. Death comes right out and accepts the challenge as the two verbally spar.  Akbar is hell bent on getting Williams hurt for his shoving of the General at the Bash while Williams wants revenge on Haku for the Pearl Harbor attack on him that same night.

Steve Williams vs The Newest Member of Devastation Inc.

Jim Ross and Jack Brisco can’t believe we are getting an impromptu match with Dr. Death against Haku but to their shock it wasn’t Haku who came out.  Skandar Akbar took the mic and introduced the Madman from the Sudan, Abdullah the Butcher as Williams opponent.

As the 400 pounder hits the ring, the brawl is on and like most matches it with Abdullah it doesn’t take long for the foreign object to come on.  Somehow a battered and bloodied Williams hits a big football tackle on Abdullah and gets the 3 count.  This only enrages Akbar more who calls for Haku.  It is now Haku and Abdullah who do a number on Dr. Death.  After some reinforcements come out, Devastation Inc. leave the ring and go back to the locker room proud of the job they had just done on Williams.

Cowboy Bill Watts comes out to make sure Dr. Death is not injured to badly and we see Williams hanging on the ropes so as not to collapse.  He grabs the microphone from Watts and demands that he sanctions a match for this Monday in Jackson, Mississippi where he gets to pick his partner in a match against The Butcher and Haku.

Watts agrees after a debate if Williams is healthy enough to compete and the show ends with Ross and Brisco debating on who Dr. Death will get for a partner.

So much can happen in an hour. Luger explains his actions. A full on heel Lex Luger with Ernie Ladd could be very dangerous. Sean Royal is getting noticed. Really, really cool seeing Mascaras and Atlantis show up here. I liked that segment with them and the Devils Duo. Big Bubba could get his big break here. Dr. Death and Abdullah have one heck of a brawl to end the show. I wonder who's going to team with Doc against the crazy team of Abdullah and Haku. And my highlight here was the Dibiase/JYD angle. That was classic Mid South at it's best. 

Abdullah is perfect for Skandor Akbar. Exactly the kind of madman he needs to wreak a bit more havoc. It's amazing now how in about every territory Abdullah has a fitting manager with him: the Creatchmans in Lutte, Skandor in UWF, Gary Hart can fit the bill in WCCW, Paul Jones in Mid-Atlantic as well!

I love how that 2nd hour also features some younger wrestlers as well. Great use of your TV timeslots every week!

Good interview by Lex and Baby Doll. There was a need to keep that one simple.  Fuller and Murdoch against Boone and Armstrong sounds like a great match.  Can Armstrong trust Boone? Sean Royal and the luchador team both had great showings.  Mil and Atlantis against the Devil's Duo is a good introductory feud for them.  Love the use of DiBiase here.  Great way to put over JYD.  Abby as the mystery guest, yes!  The match between Williams/partner and Haku/Abby sounds awesome!

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

7/26/1986

GULF COAST COLISEUM: GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI

(HOUR #1) 

The show opens with a video from the Great American Bash from the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas where Kerry VonErich hit Nikita Koloff with a Tornado Punch and claimed the victory and the NWA World Title.

Hello everybody.  Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Gulf Coast Coliseum in Gulfport, Mississippi.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is once again wrestling legend Jack Brisco.  Well fans, you just saw it.  We have a new NWA World Champion as Kerry VonErich defeated Nikita Koloff!   

Ivan and Nikita Koloff along with Ole Anderson come to the interview area.

Ivan Koloff:  Well Jim Ross, you just saw it.  Nikita Koloff had the World Title taken from him by the corrupt American Buracracy!  We all know that Kerry VonErich cannot beat Nikita Koloff. 

Jack Brisco:  I think we all just saw something to the contrary! 

Ole Anderson:  Listen up Brisco.  You wonder why I have sided with Ivan and Nikita Koloff.  Well you just saw it.  You slip a few extra dollars in the Americans pocket and they will do anything.  That referee might have made the fastest 3 count in history and you know why?  Daddy Fritz!  Well this week in Kiel Auditorium, Nikita Koloff will get his rematch and I promise you that outside of Texas, Nikita Koloff is going to win the NWA title back! 

Jim Ross:  You might have bigger problems in St. Louis as you will be facing Magnum T.A. and after what you did to him at the Great American Bash, I know he will be looking for revenge 

Ole Anderson:  Revenge?  Are you kidding me.  I have been in this business a long time and a lot of people better then Magnum T.A had a bone to pick with me but they all soon found out that I am the one around here who breaks the bones.  Magnum T.A. is nothing more than a pimple on my you know what! 

Nikita gives one of his monster flexes as the three head off as both Ross and Brisco agree they would not want to be Kerry VonErich this week in St. Louis. 

Match:  Sean Royal beats Doug Garrett with the Top Rope Flying Knee Drop 

COMMERCIAL 

Match:  Buddy Landell defeats Mike Miller with the Figure 4! 

Two strange things happened here.  First, Jack Brisco went to ringside during the match and gave Buddy Landell some advice when Landell went to slap on the Figure 4 and second, with Mean Mike Miller using some questionable tactics, Buddy Landell actual heard a smattering of applause.

When Jim Ross asked Jack about going over to the ring, Brisco simply said that that Landell has a lot of talent and was just giving him some advice about a little tweak in the angle of the Figure 4! 

Jim Ross wanted to know if that mean that he was Landell’s manager.  Brisco replied that he was more of a coach then a manager.  

Landell wanted Brisco’s advice on what he should do about the applause he just heard. 

Jack Brisco:  Nothing at all!  Just do your job.  Never care about the fans.  I was the same wrestler wherever I went.  I was the same World Champion in each territory.  When I went to Florida, the fans loved me.  When I went to Oklahoma, they loved me.  In Texas and the Carolinas they often hated me.  I was the same but they were different.  Be the same star whether you wrestle Mean Mike Miller or Bullet Bob Armstrong.  There is a time to wrestle and there is a time to brawl.  Let your opponent decide which Buddy they see.  Oh, just so you know, there is a time to strut around and be the Nature Boy… When you Win!

Grizzly Boone defeats Killer Tim Brooks with the Giant Splash! 

During the match, we find out that Kiel Auditorium seems to be the place for revenge this week as Grizzly Boone is taking on the Tennessee Stud, Ron Fuller 

COMMERCIAL 

Iceman King Parsons beats Ken Raper with the Butt Bump

What a difference a week makes as the sound of “We Are Family” brings big time cheers.  That is what being on the wrong side of Ernie Ladd will do for you.  At the interview desk, Iceman apologized for once siding with Ladd and explained that it was because all he really wanted to do was help his people.  He now understands that the only person Ladd wants to help is himself.  Parsons then turns to Lex Luger who he will wrestle this week in Shreveport for the UWF Southern Title.  Iceman reminds us that if it wasn’t for Ladd last week that he would have beaten Luger so this week he is real confident that he will become the champ!

The UWF tag team champions, Jeff Jarrett and Brad Armstrong, come out to hype up their title defense against the Long Riders this week in St. Louis when out comes Ron Wright.

Ron Wright:  I would tell you two that you better get up nice and early on Sunday morning and get to church and start praying that you survive this week but then I remember you’re two Daddies didn’t raise you to be Christians.  They raised you to be the two spoiled heathen brats you are today.  Well when Ron Bass and Black Bart are done with you, you will start praying.  Praying that the pain goes away!  Oh, one more thing.  Why wait till Shreveport?

Jim Ross:  Look out! 

Brad and JJ heed the warning and duck at the last possible second as Bart and Bass come out swinging their branding irons.  A quick kick to the gut on both Long Riders followed by Russian Legsweeps on both Bass and Bart has the Champions looking good.  With the Long Riders laid out, Brad and JJ turn to Wright who is in shock and takes a few back peddles before turning to run to the locker room. 

Brad Armstrong:  No place to run this week in Shreveport!

Jeff Jarrett:  And he complains about how are fathers raised us!  Wright was raised plain yellow

Atlantis defeats Lucas Charlie with a Top Rope Plancha 

During the match, Ross hypes up the victory by Atlantis and Mil Mascaras victory over the Devil’s Duo in Jackson, Mississippi.  After Atlantis’ victory tonight, the Devil’s Duo came out to attack the masked Atlantis but he beat them to it.  As Jeff Sword and Doug Vines were still on the floor, Atlantis jumped up on the middle of the top rope and launched himself with a flying cross body block that took out both of his enemies.  Atlantis left the Devil’s Duo on the floor as he headed to the locker room to the delight of the fans who were amazed at his aerial tactics. 

COMMERCIAL

On his way to the ring, Honk Tonk Man stops at the interview desk carrying one of his guitars.

HTM:  Finally!  It has taken months but Jerry Lawler has finally signed the contract to face me this week in St. Louis!  The only time that coward has come near me is when he snuck up on me at the Great American Bash and broke my own guitar over my head.  Well guess what Lawler.  I got many guitars and this one is going to find your skull in Kiel Auditorium. 

Honky Tonk Man defeated Verlon Biggs with the Shake Rattle and Roll

Just as HTM went for the pin, Jerry “the King” Lawler” strutted out and grabbed HTM’s guitar and went over to the stands and gave it to a little kid.  HTM was fuming but when Lawler dared him to come out of the ring and fight HTM backed down!

Interesting dynamic you had going with Buddy Landell and Jack Brisco here. It was like we were seeing a behind-the-scenes discussion between a veteran and a younger wrestler unfold right before our eyes. I thought that was pretty cool to see. Very different and I like it a lot.

I always forget how good of a babyface Jerry Lawler could actually be in the Mid-South area back then, given I rarely seen him wrestle as a babyface growing up. But the dynamic with Honky Tonk Man is excellent.

Good response from the Russians and Ole after the big NWA title loss. I like this interaction going on between Brisco and Landell. Landell is very smart listening to a former world champ. Nice to see Parsons getting a good push but always beware of Ernie Ladd. Good angle with Wright, Long Riders, Jarrett and Armstrong. Their upcoming match should be a good one. Atlantis is making some waves in the UWF as he lays out the Devil's Duo. Lawler/HTM has been a fun storyline. Great face move by Lawler as he just gives the guitar to a kid. The look on HTM's face must of been priceless. 

I really love this slow build interaction with Brisco and Landel, looking forward to seeing where it leads in the long run

Ole and the Koloffs react perfectly to the World title loss and seem even more dangerous going into the rematch.

Parsons is a great fit in UWF and his feud with Luger/Doll/Ladd should be fun.

Lawler vs. HTM is a great old school southern feud and should get a lot of heat especially in Memphis.

The opening interview was great and built to two matches really well.  I like how you are turning Landell face here.  It would be very effective.  Boone and Fuller is anothe big match for ST. Louis.  Good interview for the Iceman.  Jarrett and Brad are really making their mark in a short time.  Putting Atlantis over this way would have absolutely worked.  I'm not sure if he would have adapted to the in-ring style superbly, but his high flying would have worked wonders.  HTM vs. Lawler in St. Lous too!  Awesome card!  I liked Lawler showing up HTM.

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

7/26/1986

GULF COAST COLISEUM

GULFPORT, MISSISSIPPI 

(HOUR #2) 

The second hour begins with a video of the NWA U.S. title bout between Ted Dibiase and JYD where JYD seemed to be on a roll until Dibiase pulled the ref into the Dog.  This gave Dibiase the time he needed to load up the black glove he was wearing and he knocked JYD into next week and gained the pin. 

JYD is at the interview area after the tape and is fuming about how Dibiase knows the only way he can beat him is to cheat!  He goes on to explain that someday he will get another shot at Dibiase and he will take what is rightfully his.

As JYD leaves the interview area, Cowboy Bill Watts comes out with a few big announcements: 

1.      The Road Warriors will be back to the UWF on August 2nd to defend there NWA World titles in the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia and their opponents will be Skandar Akbar’s team of Haku and the Barbarian! 

2.      The Freebirds will also be defending their NWA World 6 Man titles in the UWF and that match will take place this week against Steve “Dr. Death” Williams, Ron Simmons and Hacksaw Butch Reed! 

Ross shows us a quick tape of an interview from the Road Warriors.

Hawk:  Weeeeel, Skandar Akbar!  Last time we were in the UWF, you had us stripped of our UWF titles!  Why?  Tell um Animal! 

Animal:  Because you misfits knew then like you know now that you can’t beat us!  Well one thing is for sure… We are going to beat every inch of you in the Omni.  In the parking lot, in the locker room, in the stands.  It don’t matter to us.  You messed with our income.  We lost money because you cried to Watts!  Well know you are just going to simply cry!

The Cuban & Iranian Assassins defeat the Memphis Vice

These two are doing everything they can to antagonize the American fans from Flag Waving to singing their respected National Anthems.  The end of the match saw the Cuban Assassin refuse to break the Castro sleeper after they got the victory. 

This caused the U.S. Express, Kendall Windham and Mike Rotundo, to hit the ring and make the save as the Assassins fled the ring.  At the interview desk, the U.S. Express was all about love of America and that they will teach the Foreign Assassins a lesson this week in Kiel Auditorium. 

COMMERCIAL

The Demon (Brian Adams in a red mask) crushes Mark Murray with a Power Slam 

Both Ross and Brisco express how scary an individual this Demon is as he is like 6’7 and 330 pounds of pure evil. 

Dirty Dick Slater defeats Lou Winston with the Figure 4

At the interview desk, Jim Ross is wondering where Jim Cornette was. 

Dick Slater:  That’s a great question Jim.  Last time I checked, he was my manager.  The last time I saw him was in Jackson, Mississippi for my UWF Continental Title Match against Terry Taylor!

Jim Ross:  A match you lost I might add!

All of a sudden Jim Cornette appears with Big Bubba Rogers. 

Jim Cornette:  Well, guys I am sorry for being late tonight.  I just finished a meeting with Mother’s lawyers and I thank you for taking the time to let everyone know that this week in Shreveport, the Greatest tag team in the World today, the Midnight Express, is going to take the NWA National Titles from those wimpy bandana-wearing losers, the Roc n Roll Express.

Jim Ross:  Well we had not even brought that up as we were talking about Dick Slater’s second loss to Terry Taylor.

Jim Cornette:  Funny you should say that as that is exactly what Mother’s lawyers had been talking to me about.  Dick, I just wanted you to know that Cornette Enterprises has decided to issue you another contract.

Cornette hands Slater a stack of papers which Slater quickly looks over?

Dick Slater:  Now what is this garbage.  This contract is barely a quarter of my current salary.  When I signed with you, it was because you offered me, the #1 free agent in the game, a contract that showed my current value.

Jim Cornette:  That’s right, current value and currently all you are showing me and Mother is that you are a loser!

Slater grabs Cornette by the collar and it looks like Cornette’s eyes are going to fall out of his head in fear!

CRACK!

One night stick to the head by Big Bubba Rogers and Slater is a bloody mess.  The bleeding is so bad, the TV puts a giant X across the screen to sensor it.  Jim Cornette, once again full of cockiness, grabs the mic.

Jim Cornette:  As I said Dick Slater, you are a loser.  Consider your contract null and void.  You are fired! 

COMMERCIAL 

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams and Doom destroy 3 jobbers

This was just to hype up their NWA 6 Man Title Shot against the Freebirds this week in Shreveport.  Dr. Death reminds everyone that he and Terry Gordy still have some unfinished business and that there wouldn’t be any better way to get it then to take those titles.  Simmons and Hacksaw Reed each take turns on the mic calling out the Freebirds and all three also let us know that Skandar Akbar is still on their minds and that he better be ready! 

COMMERCIAL 

Before our last match, Dick Slater comes to the interview desk with Terry Taylor.  Taylor is angry at Cornette and let’s everyone know that his matches with Slater were really tough and could have gone either way and for Cornette and his mother to do what they just did was an outrage. Slater with his head bandaged up verbally attacks Big Bubba Rogers for being a coward and coming up behind him with a night stick. We find out it will be Slater and Rogers this week in Shreveport. 

The crowd begins to boo as Ron Wright comes out. 

Ron Wright:  Boo Whoooo.  This is ridiculous.  All I am hearing about is Dick Slater got fired by Jim Cornette.  What we should be talking about is Dick Murdoch.  He has been on a roll ever sense the American Bash and is getting a title shot against you Terry Taylor this week in St. Louis.  Hmmmm.  I got a better idea, why wait.  You say you are a champion of the people so why don’t you give these fans what they want.  I think they would love to see that match now instead of waiting to St. Louis.

Terry Taylor agrees with Wright and that he should give the fans what they want so he heads right to the ring.

Impromptu UWF Continental Match:  Terry Taylor vs Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright

This was nothing more than a setup by Wright as he knew Taylor couldn’t let the fans down.  Just a few minutes into the match, the Tennessee Stud, Ron Fuller hits the ring and it is a 2-1 beat down of Taylor as they try to soften him up for the match in St. Louis.  From out of nowhere Dick Slater hits the ring and is throwing punches like a Wildman.  Soon Taylor and Slater are in control of the ring and in just under 30 minutes Slater has gone from one of the biggest heels in the UWF to one of its most popular. 

COMMERCIAL 

Tonight’s show ends with an interview with the Perfect Alliance. (Ladd, Luger, Baby Doll and the Fab Ones) where Luger and Baby Doll hype up the UWF Southern Title Match against Iceman and the Fab Ones are looking right past Memphis Vice who they will meet in Shreveport and say they don’t care if the Midnight Express or the Rock n Roll Express come out of this week with the National Tag Belts because they are just so much better then both of them. 

Ernie Ladd:  I shocked each and every one of you when I returned to the UWF.  I shocked you when I signed the Fab Ones two weeks ago.  I shocked you last week with a Big Boot to Iceman Parsons as Lex and Baby Doll came over to my team…. You have not seen anything yet.  Ernie Ladd is getting readt to shock the world of rasslin!

JYD has every right to be angry at Ted right now.  Road Warriors are all over the place!  Good interview here, gets the fans wanting to see that match for sure.  The U.S. Express taking on the Iranian and Cuban Assassins is pretty much Watts 101.  And it works.  Good debut for Adams, will have to see where this Demon gimmick goes.  Rough night for Slater as he feels the nightstick after failing Corny.  Love your use of Cornette.  RnRs vs. MXE??  Hell yes!  Doom and Williams are too much team to take on the Freebirds.  Until you factor in the Freebirds cheating.  Taylor supporting Slater so soon might not be wise.  Then again, Slater might save Taylor from a massive beatdown.  Awesome booking.  Ernie Ladd has really been revitalized by recent events.  He's got a damn good stable and I am hoping somebody lands some gold.