• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#41 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

Wow...

First we get Hacksaw Duggan joining the Freebirds...

Then a JYD/Benoit alliance...

Then the return of the MidnightbExpress! ALl on one show.

Like I said... Wow.

#42 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

Must say that I didn't expect to see Jim Duggan joining the Freebirds but this should be fun!

#43 Boon

Boon
  • Members
  • 1256 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

Interesting angle with the Midnight Express, really couldn't see Arn as a face, but I suppose this is why it's fantasy looking forward to seeing where this goes...

#44 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

Duggan as a Freebird is going to be an interesting ride.....

Finally The Midnight Express come together along with Cornette...Road Warriors better watch their back.

#45 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2509 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

A couple of things...

I really like the champion run down in the beginning... shows how stacked your roster is. 

I know we have ideas but Chris Benoit is a very small dude at this point in his career... using him the way you did with the Herders was a good move.  

I like seeing the MXE join up here... Anderson is a good foil at this point but may not help get them the legit heat they need, but that is why they have Cornett. 

#46 agentofenton

agentofenton
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

The Midnight Express!!   Yes! Love it. Cornette is up to his tricks already, bringing the team together and sticking it to Baby Doll. 

I am in agreement with Derek on the champions roll call at the beginning. I had the same thought reading through it, what a roster.

Road Warriors have no mercy, and do you expect anything less?

Freebirds and Duggan together is very interesting. I cant wait to see where this goes.

#47 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

iS65ozu.jpg

5/19/1985:  WTBS

9:05-10:05

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

UWF UNIFIED WORLD CHAMPION:  DUSTY RHODES

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION:  HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS:  THE ROAD WARRIOIRS

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS:  KEVIN VON ERICH, STAN HANSEN & BLACKJACK MULLIGAN

UWF WORLD TV CHAMPION:  RUSHER KIMURA

Hello again everybody.  Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd.  Well before we get to our first match, I do have some bad news.  Last week we sew that snake in the grass, Bobby Eaton leave his partner, Arn Anderson all alone to take on the UWF Tag Team Champions, The Road Warriors. As one would expect, Arn fought gallantly but was no match for in this 2-1 handicap bout.  In fact, Arn suffered some pretty bad injuries and will be out for some time.

All of a sudden Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express come out and Cornette threatens to sue Jim Ross for calling his man, Beautiful Booby a snake!

Jim Ross:  Whatever!

Jim Cornette:  Everybody here is just jealous that Bobby has found the perfect teammate, one Lover Boy Denis and the perfect manager…. Me.  Who could blame him?  Did you see that loser, Arn Anderson last week?  He couldn’t even stand on his own two feet in that match against the Road Warriors.  If that doesn’t prove who was the leader in the Perfect Alliance I don’t know what will.  And that two ton of mascara, Baby Doll.  She is lucky I didn’t lay her out.  If she ever comes near me again, my mother will have her lawyers sue those tight leather pants right off her.  And now for the Road Warriors!  The Midnight Express is the greatest tag team in the world today and we are quickly going to rise up the ranks and …

Baby Doll comes storming out

SMACK!

She clocks Cornett right in the kisser and goes on to say that if Cornette had any guts at all he would get in the ring with her right now.  Jim Cornette says that he would gladly do it but didn’t bring his wrestling gear today as he is a wrestling MANAGER.  Something you nothing about.

Baby Doll goes back at Cornett while Ross takes us to break hoping to restore order.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

MATCH:

THE SHEIKS with SKANDAR AKBAR

(CRUSHER BLACKWELL & KEN PATERA

VS

LANNY POFFO & BRETT WAYNE

A complete squash match with the end coming when Blackwell hit a Giant Splash on Poffo.

At the interview desk, the Sheiks find out that the UWF has named them the new #1 contenders for the tag titles and that they will get a match this week in Alexandria, Louisiana.  This really excites Akbar who basically says that the Road Warriors like to play it rough and nasty but that is great because Sheik Blackwell and Sheik Patera invented toughness and nastiness and that they are about to bring him some much need gold to his stable. 

He also reminds Dusty Rhodes that his days as UWF Champ are numbered and that when that fat slob meets his perfect specimen, Hacksaw Reed, his men will control all of the gold here in the UWF.

MATCH:

JYD

VS

JONATHAN BOYD

A wild match that is a carrier over form last week when JYD came to the aid of Chris Benoit against the Kiwi Sheepherders.  This time it is reversed.  JYD had the match in hand when all of a sudden Rip Morgan rushed the ring and attacked the Dog.  The ref quickly called for the bell but it was still 2-1.  That is until Benoit hit the ring.  Things went a little bonzo gonzo here and in the end, the Dog and his new friend controlled the ring.  Dog started swinging his big dog collar and dancing to “Another One Bites the Dust.”  Benoit did not know what to make of this show of emotion but the two are grateful that they have each other’s backs.

Ernie Ladd is upset that JYD and Benoit keep interfering in matches and Ross is confused and asks him didn’t he see what the Kiwi Sheepherders did?  Ernie Ladd responds, “NO”

The UWF Unified Champion, Dusty Rhodes, is at the interview desk where he is fuming at Skandar Akbar and Hacksaw Reed’s attack last week on national TV.

Rhodes is yelling and jiving like only the Dream can do and he says it doesn’t matter where or when but you can be sure that when it happens, Dusty is going to stick that A-RAB towel right down Reed’s throat and then take Akbar’s towel and shove it where the sun don’t shine!

Jim Ross let’s Dusty know that he will get his chance this week in Alexandria and the Dream is ecstatic and the contract finally being signed by the UWF Board of Directors. 

MAN MOUNTAIN LINK

VS

TIGER CONWAY MATCH:

MAN JR.

Two styles at work here.  The power and dirty tactics of Man Mountain Link vs the athleticism and mat skills of Tiger Conway Jr  In the end, Conway shows Link that he can mix it up as well  He followed up a big right hand with a top rope diving headbutt for the victory.

MAIN EVENT

THE FREEBIRDS

(MICHAEL HAYES & BUDDY ROBERTS)

VS

THE RAT PACK

(ERIC EMBRY AND BUDDY LANDELL)

It is not so much as to who is in the ring but who is on the outside during this match.  Ted Dibiase and Dr. Death Steve Williams accompanied Embry and Landell while the Freebirds were not to be outdone as Terry Gordy and Hacksaw Duggan came out with Hayes and Roberts. 

The match was a wild one that sees it end in a double disqualification.  While all 4 men were in the ring, Dibiase tried to distract the ref and allow Dr. Death to join in the attack but Hacksaw Duggan and Terry Gordy would not allow this to happen.  All 8 mega stars were brawling all over the place and the ref just lost control.  It is here he called for the bell and Jim Ross guaranteed us this is far from over!

Jim Ross:  So long from Shreveport!

#48 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Road Warriors vs Blackwell and Patera should be great. Freebirds vs Rat Pack is heating up.

Might wanna do a little proofreading:

RUSKHR KIMURA

MOUNTANI LINK

VS

TIGER CONWAY MATCH:

MAN JR.

:)

#49 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Some much awesome stuff going on. Cornette and Midnight Express are going to be fun to watch especially with JC's interactions with Baby Doll.

I love the odd pairing of JYD and Benoit which really works and puts the rub on young Benoit with the emense popularity of JYD. I've always been a huge fan of Jonathan Boyd, I dig the pairing of Boyd and Morgan as the Sheepherders as well or more so than Butch and Luke.

Freebirds vs. Rat Pack has all sorts of potential, enjoying it so far.

#50 Bottomlessjack2

Bottomlessjack2
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

How funny is it that your announcer is the same guy who constantly mentions the success of a wrestling promotion is "compelling characters and storylines". Creativity is key, and you've refused to just play things out based on real life and added twists to your teams, stories, etc. A thorough enjoyment for me to read.

#51 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

iS65ozu.jpg

5/25/1985:  WTBS

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

UWF UNIFIED WORLD CHAMPION:  DUSTY RHODES

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS:  TOMMY RICH, EDDIE GILBERT & HONKY TONK WAYNE FERRIS

UWF WORLD TV CHAMPION:  ICEMAN PARSONS

Hello again everybody.  Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Tulsa, Oklahoma and the Tulsa Convention Center here on WTBS.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. 

Jim Ross and Ernie Ladd both hype up last week’s event in Alexandria at the Rapides Parish Coliseum and pay special attention to the UWF World Tag Team Title bout between the Road Warriors and The Sheiks (Crusher Blackwell and Ken Patera)

We see a quick video tape of the end of that match where the ref had totally lost control and everybody was in the ring at the same time.  Even Akbar and Ellering where going at it on the outside. The ref is forced to call for a Double DQ but this does little to stop the action.  Eventually wrestlers and officials have to come down to stop the brawl but you could imagine how that went.

When the video ends, we see the Road Warriors and Ellering at the interview table where they are fuming mad.  They want the Sheiks so bad that they are willing to put their titles on the line in Little Rock on June 1st; under one stipulation that is.  When the Road Warriors win their bout, Paul Ellering gets the Sheik in the ring all by himself!

Akbar doesn’t hesitate and he comes right to the interview desk with the Sheiks (Blackwell, Patera & Reed) and accepts the challenge but it looks like this might not wait until Little Rock.  Both teams are in each other’s faces as Jim Ross tries to calm things down and reminds the Road Warriors that they are at a numbers disadvantage.  As you would expect that does nothing to calm this fire storm.

All of a sudden the American Dream comes out and gets right in the face of Hacksaw Reed.  Ross informs us that the Dream and Reed also had some barnburner in Alexandria and that it ended in 30 minute draw but at the conclusion of that match, Reed hit Rhodes with a low blow and then Akbar and Reed really went to town!

Cowboy Bill Watts struts out and demands calm.  He informs us that he has already granted the Sheiks a rematch in Little Rock and that if the Road Warriors win, Akbar will go one on one with Ellering.

Everyone seems cool with that until….

CRACK!

A huge bull rope is cracked and out comes The Long Riders (Bill & Scott Irwin) who remind everyone that there will be no title defense for the Road Warriors on June 1st because they will NO LONGER BE THE CHAMPIONS.

Bill Irwin:  You two may think you are big and bad with your Mohawk hairdos, your studded dog collars and face paint but we know that is all a gimmick.  When you got to do that much to make yourself look tough, you aint tough at all!

Scott Irwin:  And after we take those belts from you, we got no problem beating a couple a pretend A-RABS just for the fun of it! 

Cowboy Watts:  Don’t worry!  Whoever the champions will be, must fulfill all signed titles matches so whoever comes out of that Super Card, The Rocket City Rumble, in Huntsville will face the Sheiks in Little Rock the following week.

Hacksaw Reed:  Wait a minute all you suckers!  Let’s remember one thing!  Around here, I am the Man and what the Man says; Goes!  You all saw the American Sob, Dusty Rhodes lying face down on the matt in his own drool when I was finished with him last week.  I demand a rematch so that belt can be around the waist of the Best There Is instead of the Fat Never Was!

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Well, I have an answer for you Mr. Reed.  Since Mr. Akbar and his merry band of thieves here are so big on playing the numbers came, we are going to even it out tonight!  In order for Hacksaw Reed to get a rematch, he will have to win a Handicap Match against the American Dream and a tag team partner of his choice in today’s Main Event!

Reed, Akbar and the rest of the Sheiks have a complete fit but Watts warns then to watch their mouths as any response now could result in a suspension!

As everyone walks off set, Ladd wonders why Watts always seems to come down on the side of his favorites while Ross is so amped up about the Main Event that Watts just put together!

MATCH: 

TED DIBIASE & DR. DEATH STEVE WILLIAMS

VS

RON SEXTON & RANDY BARBER

A complete squash match where the end comes when Dr. Death caught Sexton with the Oklahoma Stampede.

At the interview desk, the two mega stars of the Rat Pack call out the UWF North American Champion, Hacksaw Duggan and Terry Gordy.  Dibiase says that he will regain that title if it’s the last thing he does while Dr. Death warns Bam Bam that he is not finished with him.

Jim Ross takes the opportunity to put the Rat Pack in their place by asking them to explain what happened last week in Alexandria when the Freebirds with Duggan beat the Rat Pack in an 8 Man Tag Match.

Ted Dibiase:  (with a smirk on his face) Just one battle in a long, long war!  When all is said and done, the Rat Pack will control the UWF.  That’s right folks, take your pictures now of Duggan and the rest of the Freebirds as they soon will be out of wrestling!

MATCH:

CHRIS BENOIT

VS

BUDDY LANDELL

Benoit does well here but Landell is so good at playing the scared heel.  He suckers Benoit in as he pleads for mercy only to catch the rookie with an eye rake.  Now the Nature Boy of the Rat Pack takes Benoit to school and snaps in the Figure 4.  Benoit has no choice but to surrender.  JYD is forced to rush in to help aid his young friend when Landell refuses to break the hold.

JYD has his way with Landell and tosses him from pillar to post as the crowd went wild. 

At the interview desk, JYD is fuming mad.  As he is “howlin at the moon,” he lets us know he is sick all the nonsense that has been going around here.  From the Kiwi Sheeeherders to the Rat Pack, he doesn’t care who he gets in the ring with but he guarantees that the Dog will take care of business.

MAIN EVENT

UWF WORLD CHAMPION DUSTY RHODES & A MYSTERY PARTNER

VS

HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

Hacksaw Reed is in the ring first and he is all fired up.  He wants to know who Dusty’s partner will be but Dusty adds to the suspense by coming out alone.  Then he points to the curtain and out walks someone he goes back a long way with… The 6’9, 340 pound Blackjack Mulligan!

Ross hypes this up as Ladd is fuming and can’t believe what Watts has done.

As the match gets under way, Reed faces off against Rhodes in the beginning and it is all you could expect.

Jim Ross:  Oh my, look who is joining us here at the interview desk.  It is none other than Classy Freddy Blassie and his man, The Universal Heartthrob, Austin Idol.

Freddie Blassie:  Shut up Ross and give me that mic.  We came here to make sure the Fat Slob Dusty Rhodes doesn’t make up some excuse not to show up tomorrow night in Huntsville, Alabama at the Rocket City Rumble.  We all know that he is afraid of Austin Idol.  I mean just look at my man and then at Rhodes.  My man is the perfect physical specimen.  Look and the biceps.  Look at the pectorals and then look at the roll upon roll of Rhodes’ disgusting gut. 

While all of this is going on, we see Reed starting to have trouble with the 2-1 attack of Rhodes and Mulligan.  Rhodes connects with a Bionic Elbow and then he tags in Mulligan who comes in with the Iron Claw!

Reed is struggling to survive when all of a sudden we hear Austin Idol say he has heard enough of this.  He rushes over without Rhodes knowing he is coming and pulls him off the apron onto the floor.  A quick bodyslam onto the concrete and Rhodes in in trouble.  The ref calls for the bell but this is only the beginning….

The rest of the Sheiks (Blackwell & Patera) rush out and attack Mulligan.  The Road Warriors rush out and go after the Sheiks.  The Long Riders come out and go after the Road Warriors. 

While all of this is going on, Austin Idol is just beating on Dusty.  As Jim Ross begins to sign off, we catch a glimpse of Jerry Lawler who is just hanging out over by the curtain.

Jim Ross:  Wow, we got some slobbernocker going on here.  Look at the carnage.  There are bodies all over the place.  Austin Idol is stompin a mud hole and walkin it dry on Rhodes.  And what is behind the appearance of one Jerry “The King” Lawler.  He is a cerebral assassin and you know he has some wild plan here.  What a couple of weeks it is going to be in the UWF.  First, anybody near Huntsville, Alabama must get to the Rocket City Rumble.  The Road Warriors are putting the World Titles on the line against the Long Riders and Dusty Rhodes is looking for revenge for this savage attack at the hands of Austin Idol.  And next week in Little Rock, the Sheiks will be looking to take those World Tag Belts from whoever the champs may be. So long from Tulsa

#52 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Awesome lead in for the Rumble! Thanks for the support.  The UWF is coming together!

#53 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 1813 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

Indeed. You're firing all cylinders right now, both you and Continental. Very fun read!

#54 gordi

gordi
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

Yep. Love how you guys work together. Also love how you keep building up the heels so the crowd is just dying to see the babyfaces get revenge. 

#55 dexstar

dexstar
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

I require video of Duggan singing Badstreet USA immediately

#56 agentofenton

agentofenton
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

I'm with Dexstar here, where's the video?! haha

#57 Bottomlessjack2

Bottomlessjack2
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

You're a busy guy my man, and you still manage to put out quality angles and TV shows. Love it.

#58 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

The show begins with a short video clip from Continental Championship Wrestling and the Rocket City Rumble in Huntsville, Alabama. 

Sammartino stops Arcidi from interfering a couple of different times and points it out to referee Ron West who eventually bans Arcidi from ringside….which pops the crowd….at one point Dusty manages to reverse Idol's 'Las Vegas Leglock' and Idol looks to be moments from submitting as Blassie gets up on the apron and distracts Ron West…..as he does this Sammartino reaches in between the ropes….and buries his fingers in Dusty's eyes until he breaks the hold….Dusty is momentarily blinded but lunges towards Sammartino who blasts Dusty with a big right hand that staggers him backwards into a school boy roll up from Idol as Blassie gets down off the apron….West sees the pin….1-2-3!!   AUSTIN IDOL IS THE NEW UWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

iS65ozu.jpg

6/2/1985:  WTBS

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

UWF UNIFIED WORLD CHAMPION:  AUSTIN IDOL

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS:  TOMMY RICH, EDDIE GILBERT & HONKY TONK MAN

UWF WORLD TV CHAMPION:  ICEMAN KING PARSONS

Hello again everybody.  Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club here on WTBS.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd.  Well that’s right folks, we do have a new UWF UNINIFED WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION…. AUSTIN IDOL who will be joining us in just a little while but first let’s get to the ring for our first match.

MATCH:

JYD

VS

BUZZ TYLER

A pretty good match here where JYD got the fans into right away with his dog collar swinging rendition of “Another One Bites the Dust.”  JYD tired of Tyler’s dirty tactics and finished up the match when he followed up a series of standing headbuts which a Big Thump.

JYD went over to the interview desk where he was congratulated for his victory.  All of a sudden the interview was cut short when it was interrupted by Austin Idol and Classy Freddy Blassie.

Jim Ross:  Wait a minute, Mr. Idol.  You will have to wait your turn.

Austin Idol:  It is always my time.  I am the Unified Champion and this boy over here needs to step aside.

JYD:  Who you calling boy you bleached blonde blowhard.   This is my time and you don’t want to get in the way of the dog! 

Blassie:  Listen up you pencil nosed geek…. You are nothing compared to my man here.  You are not in his class.  You are not worthy of our time.  Keep working hard, and maybe, just maybe, we will let you carry our bags.

JYD:  Now wait a minute….

Blassie:  You have wasted enough of our time and now you must pay.

WHAM!

Teddy Muscles and David Sammartino hit the area and put the boots to JYD.  Idol doesn’t even seem to want to be bothered and just stands by the side as Blassie’s henchmen do the work. 

The crowd roars as the Freebirds hit the scene and help rescue the Dog.

Jim Ross takes us to break and he hopes order can be restored when they return.

MATCH:

THE ROAD WARRIORS with PAUL ELLERING

VS

LANNY POFFO & BRETT WAYNE

A complete squash match with the end coming when the Road Warriors hit the Doomsday Device on Poffo. 

At the interview desk, Paul Ellering does most of the talking and it is directed at Skandar Akbar.  He is white hot about the match between the Road Warriors and The Sheiks (Patera & Blackwell) last night in Little Rock.

Jim Ross informs the fans that the Road Warriors won a monster brawl. And as part of their victory, Ellering was to get 5 minutes alone in the ring against Akbar.  Before Ellering could get in the ring, the Dingo Warrior hit the ring and connected with a Warrior Smash on Ellering.  Hawk and Animal chased Dingo up the aisle but this left an injured Ellering at the mercy of Akbar! 

Paul Ellering:  Dingo Warrior….. you seem to have made your choice.  WRONG CHOICE!  You never cross the Road Warriors.  Akbar and the rest of you tribe of bandits…. Be on notice…. You are now in a World of Doom!  In fact, we are the Legion of Doom!  In two weeks in St. Louis… we want you in a steel cage.  Titles vs Career!  Whoever wins, gets the belts.  Whoever loses, must leave the sport of professional wrestling.

MATCH:

CHRIS BENOIT

VS

MAN MOUNTAIN LINK

An awkward match where Benoit has trouble maneuvering the big man around the ring.  In the end, Benoit claims the victory with a top rope diving headbut.

After the match, we see Ted Dibiase and Dr. Death roll out an old lady in a wheel chair.  This lady is missing teeth and the viewer is left just wondering what trailer park she came from.

Dibiase and Williams who are dressed to the nines are portraying this lady as the mother of Hacksaw Duggan and how it is no wonder that he has no manners and dresses the way he does and goes around carrying a 2 x 4.  After about 4 minutes of this angle, Hacksaw can take no more and rushes out swinging that trusty piece of wood.  Dibiase and Williams scamper away but this leaves the poor old lady stranded.  Hacksaw goes to her aid but it was all a play.  As soon as Duggan put down the 2 x 4, the entire Rat Pack comes out and attacks Duggan.

Jim Ross is furious at how the Rat Pack used this poor lady.  After about a minute or so, the Rat Pack leave the interview area with Duggan face down on the floor.

MAIN EVENT

HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

VS

TIGER CONWAY JR.

A match between two pretty good athletes here but Reed’s power just is too much.  The end comes with a Gorilla Press Slam.

At the interview desk, Reed is sick and tired about being passed over for title shots.  Akbar seems to change the topic and quickly accepts the Title vs Career challenge that was offered by Paul Ellering and the Road Warriors.

Ernie Ladd is excited by this match up but Reed seems a little surprised that Akbar’s focus was not on him as he truly believes he is “the Man” here in Mid-South Wrestling.

Jim Ross:  So long from Shreveport!

#59 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Really enjoying the antics of the Rat Pack.

Enjoyed seeing Idol and his crew here...Idol and JYD promises to be a war if JYD can get past Idol's cronies....I'm shocked Dusty didnt take the opportunity to go after Sammartino.

#60 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 1600 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

HIYxdeH.jpg?1

iS65ozu.jpg

6/9/1985:  WTBS

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

UWF UNIFIED WORLD CHAMPION:  AUSTIN IDOL

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS:  TOMMY RICH, EDDIE GILBERT & HONKY TONK WAYNE FERRIS

UWF WORLD TV CHAMPION:  ICEMAN PARSONS

Hello again everybody.  Welcome to UWF & Mid-South Wrestling from Tulsa, Oklahoma and the Tulsa Convention Center here on WTBS.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. 

The show starts with a white hot Jim Duggan.  Ross reminds the fans that Dibiase and Dr. Death Steve Williams used an old lady as a ploy last week claiming that she was Duggan’s mother.  When Duggan came out they attacked him 2-1.

Jim Duggan:  ok listen up Rat Pack!  You may be right. I am not the most cultured guy in the UWF.  I may not have all the fancy cars and wear all the fancy cloths and I might carry around a 2 x 4 but that is because I come from a blue collar family who had to work for everything they got.  My mother and father taught me that an honest day’s work is what built this great country and I was taught to respect others.  What you two did last week was disgusting.  Making fun of that poor old lady was truly low class.  I wasn’t upset that you made her out to be my mother.  I what bothered me was that you insulted her for no reason!  Believe you me, the next time I see either one of you this trusty 2 x 4 will find the side of your heads!  I don’t care how it gets done but I demand a No Rules Street Fight against either Dibiase or Williams in St. Louis.  Title on the line!

Jim Ross:  Which one?  Dibiase or Williams?

Before storming off Hacksaw Jim Duggan says “Let them decide.”

Jim Ross:  Wow, Hacksaw Duggan is hotter than a rattle snake sunning himself on top of a cactus!  Dibiase and Williams best be on the lookout. 

Ernie Ladd:  I think we found out last week that Duggan best be on the lookout for the Rat Pack.  Let’s get to the ring and see the hottest wrestler in the business… The UWF Unified World Heavyweight Champion….. Austin Idol.

MATCH:

UWF CHAMPION AUSTIN IDOL with FREDDIE BLASSIE

VS

SPIKE HUBER

(Non-Title)

Poor Huber just gets toyed with until Idol slaps on the Figure 4 and forces Huber to submit.  Unfortunately, with the blessing of Blassie, Idol refuses to break the hold. He uses the ropes for leverage and we just hear poor Huber scream

The crowd pops as JYD rushes out swinging his big 8 foot dog chain.  Idol and Blassie scamper to the outside of the ring as Dog just keeps swinging that collar.  Blassie calls for reinforcements and Teddy Muscles and David Sammartino heed the call. 

Jim Ross lets us know that JYD might have that chain but he could be in some trouble as Blassie’s stable surrounds the ring and looks for a way in… while avoiding the chain.

Jim Ross:  Oh my business is about to pick up!

From behind, the Texas Outlaws hit the scene and Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch are just beating the snot out of Teddy Muscles and Sammartino.  Jim Ross is really hyping up the fact that the American Dream is extracting some revenge on Sammartino.  Bionic elbow after bionic elbow leaves the off spring of Bruno laying on the ground in the fetal position.  Teddy may have some muscles but he has never faced someone like Murdoch who is just throwing haymaker after haymaker!  Blassie and Idol have sense enough to run for cover as the Dog is howlin at the moon.

As we head to break, we hear Jim Ross.  “Bah Gawd, just look at the carnage.

MATCH: 

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS

(MICHAEL HAYES & BUDDY ROBERTS

VS

RON SEXTON & RANDY BARBER

A complete squash match where the end comes when Hayes hit a Running Bulldog on Sexton.

At the interview desk, Hayes and Roberts and joined by Bam Bam Gory.

Gordy takes the lead here and says how much he loves Hacksaw Duggan but he might just have to wait in line to get his hands on Steve Williams as Bam Bam wants the first crack.

Hayes takes over and reminds the Rat Pack that if they ever want to dance on Bad Street, they might end up having to call the mortician. 

MATCH:

THE KIWI SHEEPHERDERS VS ART CREWS & LANNY POFFO

Poor Crews and Poffo is all that needs to be said as the Sheepherders just pummel them while all the time doing a great job of getting some real nasty heat from the fans.

Match:

BUDDY LANDELL VS TIGER CONWAY JR.

Maybe the best bout of the night as these two really know what they are doing.  Landell played the scared guy pretty well in the beginning.  That all changed as Arrogant Nature Boy came out after an eye rake on Tiger.  Tiger takes one more turn wrestling from the top until Eric Embry comes out and distracts the ref.

Landell connects with a low blow and then follows it up with the figure 4 for the victory.

Jim Ross is having trouble figuring out which of the Rat Pack is the most hated as the quartet of arrogance comes over to the interview desk.  Williams does a lot of the talking here where he just brushes off the threats from the Freebirds and Duggan from earlier in the show. 

Dibiase spends some time hyping up the “St. Louis Street Fight” for the North American Title against Duggan.  Dibiase says that it will be his pleasure as the leader of the Rat Pack to take the title!

Dr. Death seems a bit taken back that Dibiase just assumes it will be Dibiase in the title match and not him.

Both Embry and Landell try to calm the situation by saying that the in house fighting is exactly what Duggan wants.

As the Rat Pack walk off, there is a lot of muttering that could be heard.

THE SHEIKS WITH SKANDAR AKBAR

(PATERA & BLACKWELL)

VS

CHRIS BENOIT & GEORGE WELLS

While the match up on paper looks good, it turns out to be a total squash.  The Sheiks are functioning like a well-oiled machine and the end comes after Blackwell followed up a drop kick with a Giant Splash on Wells.  Just for the hell of it, Patera then tossed Benoit to the floor.

As the show comes to an end, Akbar can’t wait for St. Louis as he lets us know that not only will the Sheiks take the titles from the Road Warriors but they will take the career of one of them.

Patera and Blackwell then start a mock debate of which Road Warrior, Hawk or Animal will be out of the sport.

Jim Ross is just happy the show is over so this nonsense can come to an end. 

Jim Ross:  So long from Tulsa.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users