Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it served it's purpose as being both a MegaSuperCard for the UWF as well as a huge blow off for the Texas vs. Tennessee angle. I get the concerns about Flair and such...but I don't the casual fan in 1985 would really think much of any of that, they would enjoy the action and some really fun matches.

It will be exciting to see where the USWA goes from here!

11 Matches. New Orleans. Wow.

I agree with the previous comments about the show being well written and the matches were really fun to enjoy. I enjoyed the show from top to bottom. These mega supershows are incredibly hard to book, especially with the talent. I had an issue with that a few months ago, booking Andre the Giant in the mid-card. It's a struggle managing how to build the card, but I thought you did a pretty good job.

The UWF shined here as a promotion which obviously was the main goal. I get both sides of the Flair discussion. The roster for this card was absolutely sick. You can't really go wrong with anyone on the show, even Austin Idol showed up as scheduled! Love the MX vs. Fabs, and Barbarian & Haku showing up. Love the format too, the separation and font colors are easy on the eyes and easy to see the separation between each segment.

I honestly don't see the problem with throwing Flair in something like this - putting aside the logistical (ie. money) issues, I think Flair basically being a hired gun for Tennesseans work with Flair being Flair.

Otherwise, really good show, even though I kind of love the backstage machinations posted on the Dirt Sheets more than the actual shows at times. :)

• 2 weeks later...

iS65ozu.jpg

HIYxdeH.jpg?2

7/13/1985: WTBS

9:05-10:05

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

UWF UNIFIED WORLD CHAMPION: AUSTIN IDOL

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION: TED DIBIASE

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: THE ROAD WARRIOIRS

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS: RON FULLER, ROBERT FULLER, JIMMY GOLDEN

UWF WORLD TV CHAMPION: ICEMAN PARSONS

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

Hello again everybody. Welcome as UWF & Mid-South Wrestling presents Power Pro Wrestling from Shreveport, Louisiana and the Irish McNeil’s Boys Club. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. We are still trying to regroup here after the chaos of Battleground.

All of a sudden, the Rat Pack (Dibiase, Williams, Landell and Embry) comes out with Dibiase carrying his brand new UWF North American Championship belt. He hypes up the fact that he knocked Hacksaw Duggan all over the ring just like he said he would and that there is no one in Mid-South with the guts to step up and take it away from him. It almost looked like Dr. Death was going to say something but he remained quiet.

Ernie Ladd congratulates him but Jim Ross seems upset that the win came with some help from the rest of the Rat Pack.

Jim Ross reminds him by rules, Hacksaw Jim Duggan gets a rematch.

Ted Dibiase: A rematch. Are you kidding me? That loser doesn’t deserve a rematch and he is going to have to wait his turn.

This brings out Cowboy Bill Watts who has a big message for Ted Dibiase.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Mr. Dibiase, one thing that is certain is that this is my company and I make the rules. The rules state that Hacksaw Duggan gets a rematch and he will get one. In fact, that rematch has already been signed for this Thursday in New Orleans at the Lake Front Arena.

Ted Dibiase is fuming mad. He whispers something into the ears of the rest of the Rat Pack…

Cowboy Bill Watts: Um hmmm. I am not finished. Just by your whispering right now and by the interference of your henchmen at Battleground, I have decided this match needs a Special Referee.

Ted Dibiase is now red hot and demands to know exactly who it is.

Watts laughs and simply responds with “See for yourself.”

The crowd and Jim Ross both explode as “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes walks out in a referee shirt.

The entire Rat Pack are besides themselves know. Dibiase says there is no way that Dusty Rhodes is going to ref any match that the Rat Pack is involved in, let alone the match between him and Duggan for the North American Title!

Watts again reminds Dibiase that he makes the rules and that is exactly what is going to happen. He says Dusty is the one man he knows who can keep control and who is fair and honest. Watts goes to say that Rhodes is actually going to ref the next match.

Now it is Embry and Landell who go nuts as the next match is their tag team match with the Samoan Connection, (Farmer Boy Ipo and LeRoy Brown)

MATCH #1

RAT PACK (Eric Embry & Buddy Landell)

VS

THE SAMOAN CONNECTION

The Rat Pack starts right away with the questionable tactics as Embry rakes the eyes of Brown. Dusty immediately pushes Embry back and warns him. Playing this match fair and square is not what the Rat Pack had in mind as both those Samoans are over 350 pounds. Landell is next up to test Rhodes. He has Ipo in the corner and instead of a clean break, he goes to throw a big right hand. The Dream hooks him arm and stops the punch. Ipo comes out of the corner with a big Samoan Headbut! Dibiase and Williams close in on the ring as they are fuming. Ipo tags in Brown after the headbut. He whips Landell towards Brown who connects with a Samoan drop.

1…

2…

A huge win for the Samoan Connection. Dibiase and Williams are on the apron as the crowd explodes again. This time it is Hacksaw who rushes in carrying the trust 2 x 4. He gets in the ring and is standing next to the Dream. The Rat back slowly back do muttering that there is no way that Dibiase will ever get a fair shot this Thursday in New Orleans and that the fix is in.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

MATCH:

THE FACES OF FEAR with SKANDAR AKBAR

VS

TONY PERKINS & FRANK DALTON

A complete squash match where the end comes with a little message to the Road Warriors as the Faces of Fear copy their finisher. Haku hoists Perkins up as Konga comes off the top rope with a massive clothesline. Perkins flips in mid-air comes crashing down on his head. Dalton doesn’t even dare to try to make the save.

At the interview desk, we hear from Akbar who says the Road Warriors are afraid and that is why they attacked his men before the match at Battleground even started which caused the No Contest result. He goes on to hype up the rest of his Devastation Inc. with Dingo Warrior and Hacksaw Butch Reed.

MATCH:

BRETT WAYNE SAWYER VS RON GARFIELD

Sawyer out with a handshake for Garfield and we get a bit of a technical match where in the end, Sawyer wins with a nice Frog Splash. As the ref raises his hand, we hear Jim Ross let us know that trouble is coming. From behind we see the Cuban Assassin attack Sawyer from behind. A quick Ax Handle Smash to the back followed by an Irish Whip into a Powerslam by the mighty Assassin leaves Sawyer laying in the middle of the ring. Sawyer’s popularity instantly rose due to this attack as the crowd felt for him and truly hate the Cuban Assassin.

The ultimate crowd pleaser, Iceman King Parsons rushed in and threw some big haymakers causing the Assassin to head for higher ground. At the interview desk, we see Iceman and a battered Sawyer. Cowboy Bill Watts comes back out and thanks Iceman for what he just did.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Iceman, you know there are two things in this world that I value more than anything and that is God and Country. We can’t let some Commie Red from Cuba come in here and sneak attack anyone of us.

Iceman: Cowboy, you got that right. I know I am scheduled to defend the UWF World TV Title next week. How about we make that match against that scum I just tossed around, the Cuban Assassin and we show him what a Big Butt Bump Feels Like! CRANK MY MUSIC!

The crowd pops as Sister Sledge and “We Are Family” begins to play.

Watts says it is time all Americans act like a family and grants the match against the Cuban Assassin.

MATCH:

THE ROAD WARRIORS with Paul Ellering

VS

STEVEN BRUISER & LARRY CHEATAM

Almost a copy of the match we see earlier with the Faces of Fear. A quick and brutal win by the Road Warriors and after their interview where Hawk and Animal take offense to anyone saying they are afraid and how dare anyone use their move to win a match.

Jim Ross: Well I am sure you will get your chance at the Faces of Fear again but this Thursday in New Orleans, you are set to defend your UWF Titles against the Midnight Express.

Paul Ellering: HAHAHA, do you think those two little punks stand a chance against these monsters. They will be lucky to find a doctor who can put them back together again. It will be like Humpty Dumpty all over again and I am warning that little punk, Jim Cornette to not get involved in that match or he will be asking his mother to pry that Tennis Racket out from where the sun don’t shine!

THE FREEBIRDS

(HAYES & ROBERTS)

VS

BOBBY JAGGERS & MAN MOUNTAIN LINK

A great back and forth match that goes nearly ten minutes. The end comes when Roberts does a good bit as the face in peril and then blocks a punch from the Mountain and stumbles across for the tag to Hayes. Hayes comes in like a house afire and bangs the head of Link and Jaggers together, Jaggers stumbles through the middle ropes. Hayes grabs Link in a headlock and runs leaping through the air for a Running Bulldog for the victory.

At the interview desk, we see the Freebirds hype up that huge 8-man tag tournament for the vacant U.S. Tag Team Titles up in Nashville this week and the next time, you see them there will be gold around their waists!

Jim Ross: So long from Shreveport!

Show ends with promos for the card in New Orleans at the Lake Front Arena on Thursday.

MATCHES INCLUDE

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Road Warriors vs The Midnight Express

UWF NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Ted Dibiase vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan with Special Referee Dusty Rhodes!

Wow, didn't see that win coming for the Samoan Connection...good stuff.

The Faces of Fear are very believeable challengers for the Road Warriors down the line if they survive the Midnight Express, looking forward to this clash when it happens!

The US tag title tournament is going to be fun to watch to see who prevails!

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1491956121

UWF THURSDAY NIGHT SHOWS FOR JULY 18, 1985

USWA: NASHVILLE, TV- TENNESSEE STATE FAIRGROUNDS

Round 1: United States Tag Team Tournament

1. The Fabulous Ones defeat the Fabulous Freebirds by DQ as the Freebirds shocked everyone with a big heel turn. Michael Hayes blinded both Keirn and Lane with some sort of cream.

The Fab Ones were not able to continue in the tournament.

2. The Tennessee Stud Stable (Rich and Gilbert) defeated The Jive Tones (Iceman and Pez Whatley) when the ref was knocked down as Rich hit Whatley with a pair of brass knuckles.

3. Ronnie Garvin & Terry Taylor defeated Master G & Norvell Austin as Garvin followed up Taylor’s Airplane Spin on Austin with a Garvin Stomp.

4. The Kiwi Sheepherders defeated the Samoan Connection as Morgan hit Farmer Boy Ipo with the Zew Zealand flag.

5. United States National Title Match

Champion, Jimmy Garvin defeated JYD with a purse shot from Precious.

6. SEMI-FINAL TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT

Ronnie Garvin & Terry Taylor defeated the Sheepherders in a wild brawl. The ref was down and Jonathan Boyd tried another flag hit but Taylor beat him to the punch with a superkick. Rugged Ronnie added one haymaker and that was all that was needed.

7. UNITED STATES NATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ronnie Garvin and Terry Taylor defeated The Tennessee Stud Stable as Eddie Gilbert was distracted by Jerry “The King” Lawler which allowed Taylor to hit a Sunset Flip for the surprise victory and championship.

8. UWF WORLD TITLE MATCH

Jerry “The King” Lawler defeated Austin Idol by DQ as Eddie Gilbert and his father, Tommy Gilbert came to ringside for revenge. Tommy simply walked into the ring as nailed Lawler with a chain. The three were joined by Wildfire and they laid the boots to the King. The Nashville crowd was in near riot mood when this one ended.

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING: New Orleans-Lake Front Arena

1. Chris Benoit defeats Bob Owens diving headbut

2. The Cuban Assassin defeats Billy the Kid with a powerslam

3. The Rat Pack defeats Lanny Poffo and Brett Sawyer as Embry uses the ropes for an advantage after a neckbreaker on Poffo.

4. Jimmy Snuka defeats the Dingo Warrior after a Superfly Death Leap. Akbar rushed in too late to stop the pin and was caught by Akbar. Snuka headbutted Akbar and then went to the top rope and was going for another Splash on Akbar when Hacksaw Reed rushed down to the ring. Reed seemed to take his time and Snuka connected with the splash. Snuka and Reed eyed each other for a few seconds then went to major blows!

5. Terry Gordy and Steve Williams fought to a double count out as the two fought all over Lake Front arena and both wore their crimson masks back to the locker room. This feud may not be done yet.

6. UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Road Warriors defeat the Midnight Express when Animal no sells a tennis racket shot from Jim Cornette and tosses him from the ring to the floor with a Gorilla Press Slam. He then caught Condrey in a powerslam for the victory. Hawk almost decapitated Eaton with a running clothesline as Eaton tried to make the save

7. NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH WITH SPECIAL REFEREE DUSTY RHODES

Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeats Ted DIbiase by DQ as Steve “Dr. Death” Williams ran into the ring and hit Dusty Rhodes with a chair. The entire Rat Pack now turned on both Rhodes and Hacksaw and the beating lasted a few minutes until the cavalry came. Just like in Nashville, the fans leave wanting revenge!

Lots of interesting actions in both Nashville & New Orleans!

And lots of angry fans. I'm thinking of using a "heels ascending" angle to set up my big January Show. I hope I can do as good a job of that as you are doing here.

Lots of interesting actions in both Nashville & New Orleans!

And lots of angry fans. I'm thinking of using a "heels ascending" angle to set up my big January Show. I hope I can do as good a job of that as you are doing here.

No doubt about it. Every territory is firing all cylinders right now!

- On the Nashville show, good job of giving the face a win while keeping the heel heat rising for Idol and his crew in the main event. Taylor & Garvin as the new tag champs work, especially since there seems to be more heel challengers.

- The N'Awlins show had a far more packed top of the card as your last three matches could all be main events, including Gordy-Williams.

iS65ozu.jpg

7/20/1985: WTBS

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS: THE TENNESSEE STUD STABLE

(TOMMY RICH, EDDIE GILBERT & JOHN STUD)

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling; a UWF & Mid-South Wrestling production from Shreveport, Louisiana and the McNeils Boys Club. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. Let’s get right to some video tape from last Thursday in the Lake Front Arena in New Orleans

We see a video of how Steve Williams hit the ring during Ted Dibiase’s North American Title defense and hit special referee, Dusty Rhodes with a chair causing the dq but protecting Dibiase’s title.

When the video ends, we see Dusty Rhodes and Hacksaw Duggan at the interview desk where they are fuming mad. Jim Ross lets the fans know that Hacksaw and Dusty will have a chance at revenge this week in Houston as they get Dibiase and Williams in a Texas Street Fight.

Dusty and Hacksaw guarantee to get even with the Rat Pack and announce that it they cannot wait until Thursday.

Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and basically calls the Rat Pack a disgrace and that he agrees with Duggan and Watts that they should not have to wait until Thursday. He announces tonight’s main event as Rhodes and Hacksaw vs Eric Embry and Buddy Landell.

The crowd pops and the entire Rat Pack rush out and complains. Watts reminds them who writes the checks and that if they are not careful, they may find themselves fined and suspended for their actions in New Orleans. He also tells Dibiase to watch how he controls his band of hooligans or else he may find himself defending that North American Title tonight!

Dibiase seems to pipe down as he would rather throw Embry and Landell to the wolves then defend his title. We also saw a bit of a reaction from Dr. Death who was taken back when Watts called Dibiase the leader of the Rat Pack!

Ross hypes up this main event but before Ernie Ladd sends us to the ring for our first match, he gives Watts some pretty big criticism for forcing the Rat Pack into the ring tonight.

MATCH #1

UWF WORLD TV TITLE MATCH

ICEMAN KING PARSONS

VS

THE CUBAN ASSASSIN

The TV and studio audience are in this from the get go. From the heat of the Cuban Assassin waving his flag to the energy of “We Are Family” and a dancing Iceman, the crowd is on pins and needles.

We get the Cuban Assassin attacking before the bell and this controls the first 3 minutes of the match.

Brett Wayne Sawyer comes out to the interview desk and cheers on Iceman. Ross reminds us all that the Cuban Assassin attacked Sawyer last week. As the Cuban seems to distract the Assassin.

This was all Iceman needed as he made a nice come back and finished him off with a Big Butt Bump. Sawyer congratulates Iceman as they seem to have a bond forming.

MATCH:

THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS (MICHAEL HAYES & BUDDY ROBERTS)

VS

TIM ANDERSON & FRANK DALTON

A complete squash match where the Freebirds shock everyone with their aggression. They come out and seem to have no care in the world for the rules. They use some questionable double-teaming techniques and do their best to hid their dirty play from the referee. The end comes in about 4 minutes with the only legal move we seemed to have seen, a Running Bulldog by Hayes.

Jim Ross, who is disgusted by all of this, explains to fans that this heel turn seemed to begin in Nashville where they turned on the Fabulous Ones.

At the interview desk after the match, the Freebirds seem quite satisfied with their actions.

Michael Hayes: The Freebirds have been the dominate team in this industry for a long time but we lost our path. We started to listen to people like Hacksaw Duggan and Dusty Rhodes and our title shots dried up. They told us to care about these stupid fans in TV land and where did that get us? NOWHERE!

The Freebirds are about crackin heads and taken names. We are the ones breaking chairs over someone’s skull; not the ones breakin up fights. Buddy and I are bringing this team back to the top! Back to the days where we blinded JYD, back to the days when we left Dusty Rhodes lying flat on his back in the ring. And yes, back to last week where left Steve Kerin and Stan Lane nearly blind in the ring.

Jim Ross: Speaking of the Fabulous Ones they have a message for you.

We have a quick video tape from the Fabulous Ones where we see Steve Keirn with a bandage around one of his eyes. Baby Doll does most of the speaking and says that they will be down to Louisiana real soon and she guarantees the Fab Ones will walk down Badstreet and when they get to that last house on the block, the Freebirds better not be home.

When the video ends, Hayes is laughing and says that he likes a big feisty blonde!

MATCH:

CHRIS BENOIT VS RANDY MILLER

Benoit stays on his latest roll here. He is very technically sound and seemed to enjoy mixing it up also when Miller went for the dirty stuff. In the end, Benoit wins with a nice high Vertical Suplex.

M ATCH:

THE ROAD WARRIORS with Paul Ellering

VS

PAT HUTCHINSON & VERLON BIGGS

A quick and brutal win by the Road Warriors with the finish coming with a Doomsday Device.

Just as the three count is finished, Skandar Akbar and the Faces of Fear come to the interview desk where Akbar is yelling across the studio at the Road Warriors for hiding behind their belts and wrestling losers like Hutchinson and Briggs instead of being real men and putting their titles on the line against the best team in the UWF, Haku and Konga The Barbarian.

Paul Ellering and the Road Warriors strut right over to the interview desk where they get right in the face of Akbar’s men. There is no backing down here from either team and the locker room feels the tension and rushes out to separate these men before it blows up.

NO CHANCE!

The entire locker room couldn’t stop these 4 on their best day and we get chaos! The only thing that restores order is a commercial break.

Before our next match, we are informed by Cowboy Bill Watts that the only way to keep the peace around here is to put the Road Warriors and the Faces of Fear in the ring together and that is going to happen this week in Houston with the UWF World Tag Title on the line!

Skandar Akbar and his man, Hacksaw Butch Reed stop at the interview desk before their match. They are all business and hype up the mission to force Superfly Snuka out of the UWF.

Jim Ross doesn’t understand and reminds us the Snuka was a part of this organization just a short time ago.

This sets Akbar off as he says Snuka was all about himself and not the family!

Hacksaw gets on the mic and goes over how he and Snuka had a battle last week in New Orleans and that neither man seemed to come out on top.

Hacksaw Reed: Well listen up Jungle Boy. This is not a battle, this is a WAR! A War, I will win. I am the man here and you are just a jungle boy used to climbing trees picking coconuts! Houston will be your last hoorah!

MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

VS

KENNY SHANE

WOW! Poor Kenny Shane as he was just beaten from pillar to post. The end came when Reed followed up a Gorilla Press Slam with a nasty football tackle.

MAIN EVENT

DUSTY RHODES & HACKSAW DUGGAN

VS

THE RAT PACK

(ERIC EMBRY & NATURE BOY BUDDY LANDELL)

The baby faces were ready the Rat Pack as the heels tried a Pear Harbor Attack but were beaten back. Rhodes and Duggan had them right were they wanted them until Dibiase and Dr. Death hit the ring. Dibiase and the rest of the Rat Pack went right after Rhodes and it looked for a second that Duggan was going to abandon him as he jumped down off the apron. Instead, it seemed like Duggan had stored 2 x 4’s under the ring. He comes in swinging at the Rat Pack abandon.

As the show comes to an end, we the baby faces in the ring and the Rat Pacl trying to figure out a way that there 4 on 2 advantage won’t result in a 2 x 4 across the head.

Jim Ross: So long from Shreveport! Don’t forget to join us in Houston this week. Matches included:

Hacksaw Butch Reed with Skandar Akbar vs Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Road Warriors vs The Faces of Fear with Skandar Akbar

Ted Dibiase & Dr. Death vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan & Dusty Rhodes

It's just feels right having the Freebirds as heels...looking forward to their battles with the Fabulous Ones!

Warriors vs. Haku and Barbarian is going to be a WAR...Haku and Barbie are SO much better than the Barbarian/Warlord combo from '88.

You can't find a more Mega-Babyface team that the Dream and Duggan. The Rat Pack have their hands full even with a 4 on 2 advantage

Great work as always!

iS65ozu.jpg

7/27/1985: WTBS

SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

UWF WORLD 6 MAN CHAMPIONS: THE TENNESSEE STUD STABLE

(TOMMY RICH, EDDIE GILBERT & JOHN STUD)

SHORT VERSION DUE TO ME BEING AN IDIOT AND NOT SAVING MY WORK!

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling; a UWF & Mid-South Wrestling production from Shreveport, Louisiana and the McNeils Boys Club. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd. Let’s get right to some video tape from last Thursday in Houston, Texas in a match with Ted Dibiase and Steve “Dr. Death Williams squared off against The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

ANGLE #1: DIBIASE AND DR. DEATH VS DUSTY AND HACKSAW DUGGAN

We see a video from their tag match in Houston where Dibiase and Dr. Death win after Dr. Death connected with an Oklahoma Stampede on Rhodes and then tagged in Dibiase. Williams went right in the face of Duggan and Hacksaw charged the ring. This distracted the ref enough to allow for Dibiase to load up that black glove of his and clock the American Dream. Dusty was out cold but Dibiase locked in the Figure 4. The ref came over and saw Rhodes was out and thought he passed out from the pain and called for the bell.

After the video, the Rat Pack is at the interview desk gloating about the win. Ross is sick to his stomach at the tactics used. Dibiase plays dumb and has no idea what he is talking about.

Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and is also tired of the Rat Pack’s tactics and calls for a rematch this week in New Orleans. He also bans the rest of the Rat Pack from ringside and if they do interfere, they will be suspended. Watts lets Dibiase know that this will be a Coal Miners Glove on a Pole Match where the glove will be suspended 10 feet above one of the corners on a pole and the first team to capture the glove, can use it.

Dibiase seems confident as he knows Rhodes is too fat to climb a pole and Hacksaw is too dumb to know how!

Later in the Main Event we see Dusty Rhodes against Bobby Jaggers. During the match both Dibiase and Williams come out to the ring and everybody is expecting they jump Rhodes. Hacksaw Duggan is thinking the same thing and comes out to protect his partner. Of course he is carrying his trusty 2x4.

Rhodes wins the bout after he follows up a Bionic Elbow with a Piledriver. Hacksaw Duggan jumps into the ring and together, he and the Dream dare the Rat Pack to enter the ring.

Maybe because of the 2x4 or maybe because the sides are even for once, the Rat Pack saunters back to the locker room as Jim Ross signs off.

ANGLE #2: THE ROAD WARRIORS VS THE FACES OF FEAR

We see a quick video of their bout from Houston which ended in a Double DQ as Skandar Akbar and Paul Ellering got involved. Akbar actually entered the ring first and Ellering came in to stop him.

After the video, Akbar and his men are at the interview desk where Akbar is claiming the Road Warriors keep getting DQ’ed on purpose.

Jim Ross tells Akbar that he must be forgetting that he entered the ring first. Akbar tells him to shut up and demands a rematch with the Road Warriors for the UWF Tag Team Title!

Later in the show, the Road Warriors win a squash match with the Doomsday Device and at the interview desk Paul Ellering says that he is getting sick and tired of Akbar and his copy cats. He claims they just want to be like the Road Warriors because they know they can’t beat them. Ellering says the Road Warriors will give the Faces of Fear a title shot in 2 weeks if Akbar agrees to wrestle Ellering this week in New Orleans.

Later in the show, after his man the Dingo Warrior completely dominated Scooter Rigsbee, Akbar accepted Ellering’s challenge.

ANGLE #3: HACKSAW BUTCH REED VS JIMMY SNUKA

After Jimmy Snuka wins a pretty good bout with Master G with the Superfly Death Leap, he heads to the interview desk where he is white hot about last weeks comments by Hacksaw Butch Reed about Snuka being a tree climbing coconut picker. You can tell by his tone that this feud still has legs.

In other action, Chris Benoit, the Cuban Assassin and the Rat Pack (Eric Embry and Buddy Landell) all came out on top.

This week’s big card in New Orleans includes:

Dibiase & Dr. Death vs Rhodes & Duggan in a Coal Miner’s Glove on a Pole Match

Paul Ellering vs Skandar Akbar

Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Jimmy Snuka